Chapter 4 – Caster’s Poison
97 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is this ingredient? You asked. The ingredient that Celeste needs is called "Caster's Beans". It's a crucial ingredient for making a poison called "Caster's Poison." named after the bean itself.

Where did she come to know of this poison? She came to know of it from a mysterious book that mysteriously appeared in the daphne garden. It popped out of a daphne flower yesterday morning.

~Flashback~

Celeste was watering the daphne flowers when she noticed something. It was a huge black daphne.

Since she was curious, she tried opening it. However, nothing worked. She tried cutting it, watering it, tearing it apart, healing it. But there was still something that she didn't tried doing but it was her last resort. The last way was poisoning it and it worked. Apparently, the daphne only responds to poison.

She was obviously expecting something more but it was only a book that she saw. Written on the cover was...

"Book of Poisons" she recited. She opened it and continued reading but only one was what caught her attention, 

"Caster's Poison

Caster's Poison comes in several forms, including powder, mist, and pellets. It can also be dissolved in water. And the tiniest amount is all that’s needed to be fatal.

The first symptoms of ingesting this poison include nausea and vomiting, which rapidly progress to kidney and liver failure. The first symptoms of inhaling Caster's Poison include difficulty breathing, chest tightness, and a cough, and rapidly progress to respiratory failure. There is no antidote for it.

Pure Caster's Poison is highly effective. To make it, here are some procedures and ingredients you might need and know of.

Ingredients:

  • Caster's Beans
  • Hot Water
  • Lye
  • Acetone

Things  needed:

  •  Bowl
  • Tweezers
  • Blender
  • Glass Jar
  • Coffee Filter
  • Pan
  • Newspaper

Procedure:

  • Place 2 oz of hot water in a glass jar and add one teaspoon of lye, mix thoroughly. Wait for the lye mixture to cool.
  • Place 2 oz of caster's beans into the liquid and let them soak for an hour.
  • Pour the liquid out taking care not to get any on your skin.
  • Rinse the beans off with cool water and remove outside layer of bean with tweezers.
  • Place the bean in a blender with 4 oz of acetone for every 1 oz of beans.
  • Blend until completely mixed or a milky substance.
  • Place in air tight jar for approximately 3 days. After three days shake jar to mix thoroughly and drain through a coffee filter.
  • Throw away the liquid portion. Make sure to squeeze the bean portion so that all the acetone is out of the mixture.
  • Spread on pan covered with newspaper and let it dry.

The final Caster's Poison should be free of acetone and contaminants. The product should look like a powder when complete. Very dangerous substance. Caution should be taken"she continued.

She understood most of it but what in the world was a blender, a tweezer, a pan, and a coffee filter??

~Flashback End~

After reading the recipe, she figured that since there were some ingredients that she understood and some that she can't, she's going to collecting the things and ingredients that she knows of.

(SnowdropLily: So the book was kind of like from another world.)

 

       

 

 

 

 

5