Chapter 4
151 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m sorry Noah I should have understood what you were going through. Your still so young, okay I will sign and head to Gotham academy tomorrow. Please next time you’re having problems come to me and we can sort something out together,” Said the reverend saddened.

 

I did not want to see the reverend sad, but I needed to get into Gotham to give me time to build up my technology and tools needed to protect myself. I went back upstairs to my little corner attic and prepared to start making more gear I could use.

 

*****

 

The morning came, I was ready to start making more tools to make better gear at the moment. I only had a low-quality hacking glove and a heads up display disguised as glasses. I needed to make Sombras computer. Which would beat every computer currently on the market. Even with Lex Luthor, Wayne Enterprises and this being dc universe advancing technology.

 

I went to my corner where the past couple of weeks. I had been collecting computer chips and other essential stuff from the junkyard and cleaning them as much I could. I needed a lab that had proper tools because this would have so much faster. I wasn’t only collecting computers. I was also collecting broken power tools, microscopes that were in perfectly fine condition. Their only fault was that one side was slightly chipped causing it to slightly wobble. You could easily fix that by gluing the base to a large cardboard.

 

It did surprise a part of me how advanced DC was. When in his universe in 2004 computers were these big blocky things that were running on Windows XP. In this place computers were flat screen and they even had carriable laptops. Heavy laptops, yes but still carriable. It was to my advantage anyway. That so much stuff was advanced it would save him the trouble of having to make tools to make tools.

 

I combined several computers from Lex Corp and Wayne enterprises. Alongside a few, I found on queen industries. I left out a lot of no-name brand computers. That didn’t quite have the specs I needed to combine and by the end of it, it looked like a semi-futuristic setup. I managed to replace several monitors screens from broken computers with working ones. I mixed and mashed the parts such that if one was working the other was not. I would swap them.

 

Finally, after hours of working. I got everything I needed in order. All I needed to do was start up the computer and program Sombras specially made programs into them. I pressed on the button and it worked!

 

“Yes!”

 

This is what I had been working towards for ages, with this a lot of my projects would be easier. If I could 3D model them first then make them. I had finished by midnight on Saturday. I would be spending the next day setting up Sombras OS. There was no way I was using anything else on the market. With the number of bugs, viruses, crappy versions available online.

 

********

 

Early Monday morning the reverend reminded me. I had to head off to school as he had already signed the paperwork and collected my uniform for Gotham academy. I knew it was necessary to get into Gotham academy, but I was not going to enjoy going there. I knew I was going to be looked down on constantly. Either because I didn’t have rich parents or prestige behind my surname, or some stupid crap kids were going to make up.

 

I got dressed and left at 7ish and had to be at school by 8. I thought it was too early to be starting school so early in the morning, but not like I was on some board making stuff up. I remember going to primary school in London and school starting at 9. Still thinking it was too early to be going to school.

 

I got there on time and walked back to the gymnasium where orientation was being held for grade 6 students. I sat through the boring lecture. About how we were the future of our generation and that we could be whatever we wanted. The lecture finally wound down. We were handed what was going to be our class homeroom class for the next couple of years.

 

In my bag currently, I had several books and a decent looking bag from the lost and found of the church. I walked down to our homeroom and picked a seat near the back. I knew that sitting in the front was only going to be trouble and sitting fully at the back wasn’t clever either. I choose somewhere between both.

 

“Good morning. Student my name is Kevin Goodwin and I am going to be your homeroom teacher for the foreseeable future. Let me welcome you to Gotham academy,” the teacher walked in and introduced himself, and did a roll call.

 

I looked around while the teacher was calling names and several names rang bells. One major one a 7-year Terry Sloane. I didn’t think he would even last the semester before he moved on to more advanced classes. I didn’t think I would be able to befriend him in the little time he was going to be in my classes. I found a few of the juniors here were from crime families from their names. I could see the teacher was from a prominent family as well which was lucky for me. He wouldn’t be easily pushed around by these kids.

 

6