chapter 7
135 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Then I was going to let Fern go crazy with Sombra’s Computer. He was one that was good at hacking and would be able to find Mr. Freeze. To get him to help us before he killed someone and Batman was not going to be able to let him go. Mr. Freeze still had not transformed into his blue ice self yet. He was using his ice tech to steal from labs.

The Caduceus Staff was going to be able to heal her of any damage and illness. It would not be able to heal genetic sickness, only delay it permanently. If she used the staff every 6 months at least until I developed the healing Nano swarm.

****

It had been a couple of months now since I got the memories and schematics. I had pretty much set up a covert surveillance network all around downtown and mid-town. There was nothing in the whole area that was not in some way bugged so I could listen in. If I was not able to actively, bug it. I was passively bugging it. I did avoid major corporations for the moment at least until Fern was a better hacker. He was doing the majority of the hacking.

During School, I had to help the kid terry Sloane against some older boys that were trying to pick on him but 2 months later, he moved up several grades after testing out. I pretty much knew that was going to happen and did not let it bother me. I got close with the two other kids Anna and Tom who were the other two smart kids.

We formed a study group with some other kids. I knew, alone you would be bullied if you did not know how to fight. I would help them whenever I could and they would give me news about other people we needed to keep an eye on and the places to avoid due to them belonging to crime families. I set up a rudimentary information network with the kids and exchange numbers.

I managed to finish a few of my projects, which included the Caduceus Staff, and Some precision tools. I made widow makers heat sensors and grappling hook. My admiration for the Overwatch characters was very high. Now that he had a sample of ice tech to show Mr. Freeze to prove that I was not after his ice technology and that I had my own albeit different version. I did sympathize with Dr. Victor Fries. He was a brilliant scientist and cryonics expert working for GothCorp, but when his wife Nora Fries contracted a terminal illness, while Fries worked on a freeze ray.

Fries' boss decides to tell the mob about the gun, leading Batman to create a team of specialists to help him do his job better. Fries decides to use the device on Nora, to put her in cryo-stasis. Thankfully whatever went on normally in the comics. The usual explosion did not happen and he was able to successfully put his wife in cryo-stasis.

The bat-family did an okay job in Gotham but they were only a few people and they could hardly do anything about street-level crime. They could not be everywhere and the police were even more underfunded than usual due to them. The mayor did not like Batman and I was pretty sure the owls were backing him anyway. Gotham PD was as corrupt as it could get because Jim Gordan only just became the police Commissioner 3 years ago. He was purging the Gotham police department all the way but was also meeting fierce resistance from the corrupt officials.

It was finally time to find Victor Fries. I called up Fern to come in for the day after school and find Dr. Victor Fries. The police still had not made the connection between them because he wore a blue mask when he was committing the robberies. After Fern came, it took us a few hours to find his phone number and hack his phone. We did him a favor and deleted a few tracking programs he had on his phone from the mob and sent him a text.

Meet us at West Harlow, at the café near the park tomorrow at 6 pm. If you want to cure your wife. We have disabled the tracking the mob has placed on your phone.
The code phrase is going to be.
Exalted Are We who Strive for Greatness.

***

The next evening I got ready and with the glove heads-up display glasses and a small version wrist version of Brigitte’s shield I left wearing semi-formal clothing. Brigitte’s shield would last under heavy fire but would stop enough bullets for me to get to safety. I could escape because I had the EMP grenade, which would disable any vehicle they tried to chase me. I could also flashbang and for emergency purposes, I had 2 cups of Ana’s basic bio-slurry to heal.

I took the train to West Harlow so that it would be harder to track me with all these bodies around. I got around the corner to the car and sat on a bench where I could see into the café. I disabled most of the cameras around the area and put them on loop. Thankfully, by now I had improved the basic glove such that I did not need to be super close to my target to hack it. I could now do it from 10-15 meters away.

We had set up an apartment with the staff as current it took too much power to power it portable. At least until I could make better batteries. I waited another 30 minutes and saw the Doctor come down striding confidently into the café. He came 30 minutes early probably to scope the place out and make sure it was not a trap for him from the mob.

I walked into the café, went to the counter to order a hot chocolate, and walked over to him. He raised his eyebrow at me.

“Kid, I’m meeting someone important, so beat it,” he said gruffly.

“Dr. Victor Fries, I am sure you do not have anyone more important than me to meet,”

“Listen, kid, I do not have time for your Bulls-,”

“Exalted Are We Who Strive for Greatness Doctor. I will have you know we could very much help you,” I could see he was getting more angry thinking I was bullshitting him. I handed him the tablet with the schematics for the cry-pod a technology he had been working towards before his boss betrayed him to the mob.

“H-How do you have this! I’ve been working my entire life working on this,” he said stunned.

“We could help you with a cure for your wife,” I started.

“What is it going to cost me, kid, I know nothing in life is free. I would do anything for my Nora,”

“Nothing much, we need you to succeed in making your future tech company big and when we need your help you will provide it,” I said.

This was a younger Victor Fries who had not lost hope for finding a cure for his wife and he already had several patents under his name.

“We will get rid of your boss and tip off the police. I know he is hiding a few skeletons in his closet. We want you to take over GothCorp. Welcome to Ouroboros Collective Dr. Victor Fries,” I Finished letting him keep the tablet.

We were going to need to get rid of Ferris Boyle and his connection to the mob and make him wanted by both the PD and the Mob and meanwhile, Dr. Victor Fries takes over and anybody who gets in his way we get rid of and 3 birds with one stone go down.

5