Chapter 8
129 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We will get rid of your boss and tip off the police. I know he is hiding a few skeletons in his closet. We want you to take over GothCorp.

"Welcome to Ouroboros Collective, Dr. Victor Fries," I Finished letting him keep the tablet.

We were going to get rid of Ferris Boyle and his connection to the Mob by making him wanted by both the PD and the Mob. Meanwhile, Dr. Victor Fries takes over, and anybody who gets in his way we would get rid of, and three birds with one stone.

****

Chapter 8

Six months later, I was ready to finally cure Victor's Wife. It was very hard upgrading the Staff to work with a genetic illness. I completed it, but I did not understand half of what was going on in the Staff. Still, hopefully, I could find an excellent genetic expert. At first, Victor was still skeptical when I came to him and presented him with the cry-pod schematic, thinking I was a one-hit-wonder. I persuaded him otherwise when I showed him the Caduceus Staff, and he was stunned silent. I convinced him to help us make purchases for exotic material for the Caduceus Staff.

I worked on it three months after school; otherwise, I could have finished sooner if I was free. In school, everything was still going smoothly. I formed a core study group. I was a part of that would help each other and exchange favors, and stop anyone being bullied. The group I was a part of were sons of Gotham Elite. Some were the sons and daughters of cooperates leaders and shipping mega-corporations, which helped keep away the worst of the idiots. I gathered all those who wanted to succeed in school. Since I had already been through school and finished university, middle school was a breeze.

I was making good connections that I could use for information. Kids would listen to their parents' private conversations about how their companies were doing and blurt it out without care. I complied that information to use in the future.

Once I finished the Staff, I took Victor and his frozen wife and to another apartment. We managed to prepare with the help of Victor. I was not going expose everything to him just yet; maybe in time, I would. I set Mei's defrost kit down and readied it, along with the Staff.

"Everything ready?"

"Yes, everything is ready," said Victor nervously.

A beam shot out the kit to hit his wife's ice cube, and it slowly started to melt. After several minutes, When Nora has defrosted. I quickly started using the Staff on her. It was programmed to get rid of Genetic illnesses. I had no idea how it was doing its thing, but it told me it would take another 15 minutes due to inefficient power and equipment from the screen in front of me. Fifteen minutes later, she was waking up, and victor ran to her side.

"Victor?" she said groggily.

"Nora! You're going to be alright, Honey", Victor said, hovering.

"What's going on, Victor?" Nora said, looking around, and she spotted me looking through this futuristic screen and equipment." and why is that kid there?"

"Honey, don't worry about that. I managed to cure you; you don't have to worry about your illness anymore."

She looked around and saw all the melted water around her and the equipment pointed at her.

"What have you done, Victor? I told you to move on, Honey. I told you I wanted to you free to pursue your dreams."

"You are my dream, dear; I have worked the past year and a half trying to find a cure. Everything was horrible. You are my light, and I tried everything I could, but nothing worked no matter what. Noah finally approached me and showed his work to me. It was a dream come true; finally, I had hope. He is the reason your up now, and I am not a criminal." Victor was almost in tears as he explained to his wife.

I gave them some privacy so they could continue to speak. I managed to get the GMSK Overwatch system network online and so I could talk to every one part of Ouroboros Collective anytime. I took on the symbol of Sombra because it resonated with me the most. I managed to build several smaller tools, and with them, I finally unlocked Sombra's invisibility and a part of Symmetra's hard-light constructs.

I needed a better way to heal people more quickly and some mobility. I already made Lucio's shoes and was planning to make Symmetra's photon projector. This would allow me to make simple hard-light constructs and turrets quickly. I would not leave any evidence once the timer on constructs finished. It would just vanish into light particles.

"Thank you so much, Noah," said Victor from behind me.

"Don't worry; I helped not just for an altruistic reason but also because you can help us," I told him, turning to face him.

"We are going to hit your boss in a few days. I need you to take command because you're still employed as the director of the GothCorp cryogenics when we checked. Spend some time with your wife before you become busy," I told him as I walked out.

****

A few days later, it was time to get the dirt. We needed on Ferris Boyle. He was careful enough not to have any incriminating stuff online. Still, I knew he was dirty from the few communication we had of him from the few police officers he had on his pay. I needed to break into his office. I was heading there right now with Steven. I got us both equipped with Sombra's invisibility and Lucio's boots for mobility and escape, along with Ana's sleep dart. I ended up upgrading Ana's sleep dart, so it did not just shoot one dart but six in the chamber.

"Fern, are you ready?" I had Fern serving as Overwatch on this mission. He was good with computers, and he could interface with Sombra's computer while we used her gloves to make it easier to hack."

"Yes, everything is green to go" we were using the new GMSK QEC communication to talk.

"Steven, are you ready?" I had Steven keeping watch outside to alert me if anyone came.

"Yes"

I was in front of GothCorp, and I was very nervous. This would be one of the first missions we were going to do. Hopefully, everything would go all right. I activated the invisibility field, and hacked into the door terminal, and slid around.

I got to Boyle's office, and two guards were standing outside. This was unexpected; there was not supposed to be anyone guarding it.

"Steven, can you tell me what is going on inside Boyle's offices? He has two guards outside it?"

I silently hacked into their phones to find any communications that would tell me what is going on. What I found explained it.

The text was.

I need you to guard my office from 8 pm onwards, Don't be late or else.

"He is meeting with one of his officers on his pay."

I guess he had two of his grunts guarding the door, so nobody accidentally walked into this transaction—a blessing in disguise. I could plant a tracking program on the police officer's phone and find out who else he interacts with and who is dirty or clean.

I waited 10 minutes before they all exited the room and went in; my invisibility would go down soon, so I turned it off to recharge it. I went to the computer that was isolated to download everything and searched the papers for anything incriminating.

"Who are you" I head a growly voice say behind me.

4