Interlude
116 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We finished talking about what we were going to do and giving each other advice on what to do and how to keep safe. I left to go to the toilet so I could have privacy to talk into the network.


"Steven, Fern, Ben. You guys need to let your families know what is going on and stay indoors or leave Gotham for a few weeks."


****


Interlude


Franco Bertinelli once again looked at Gotham from his penthouse, but

this time he worried. Gotham's underbelly was going up in smoke as the crime

families and gangs were trying to advantage of his fight with the Odessa Mob. He didn't understand; he thought they had Boyle in their pocket, but it turns out he was double-dipping with the Russians.


Why would Boyle be confessing to the G.P.D? The lieutenant that gave the order to ice Boyle was missing. He was lost in thought as he headed down to his driver. He was going to the base to co-ordinate this fight.


"Boss, there's news, the Russians have started moving down the docks, and the other crime families are waiting to take advantage."


"All right, I will handle it."


He picked up his mobile phone and dialed his Sottocapo Salvatore Maranzano. "Salvatore, get everything ready. The Russians are going to hit our docks location. Make sure you alert any of our Amico nostra. I need you to manage our defense in that location."


As the current Capo Dei Capi, there was no way that the Odessa Mob would hit them in the east end. Without the whole of the Italian crime families getting involved, they would try to hit as many of their other operations as possible. Carmine, "The Roman" Falcone, was eyeing his position as the Godfather and to get rid of his family, so he had to be careful.


He finally got to his location, a skyscraper in Haysville in downtown Gotham. He set to go to the conference room where most of his Capos were gathered.


"How is the operation going,"


"Boss, the operation is going well so far. We have managed to defend our docks operation, but they are hitting several other places as well. We do not have enough men because we have to protect our warehouses from the other families. The Cartels want to get involved but are not for the moment," Francis, one of his better Capos, told him.


"Send a signal for our allies. We are going to need them now if we don't want to lose too many men,"


****


Carmine, "The Roman" Falcone, was fuming and raging.


"Arrrrrghhhh Fucccck!", He almost had that arrogant Bertinelli in his grasp, but the trap was set off too early. Now the Odessa Mob would not be able to overwhelm the Bertinelli Family, and he hadn't yet managed to break some of the alliance around the Bertinelli.


"Find out why this happened Right NOW!" He screamed at one of the grunts that served the family.


"B-b-boss t-there's news."


Bang!


"IS THERE ANYONE ELSE THAT IS A STUTTERING FUCK UP! SPEAK UP!" Carmine shot the grunt that had just spoken and roared at the others surrounding him.


The room was silent as the others watched him bleed from the shoulder, and one person stepped forward to help him and sent him on to get himself bandaged.


"Carmine, you need to calm down; all this won't do any good. We need to take advantage of this conflict, make it bigger than it needs to be, and you in the brown jacket speak. What was the news the Gotti wanted to say?" His family, Consigliere, The only one who dared to talk to him like this, took control of the situation.


"The Russians are contacting the Penitente Cartel trying to get ahead of the alliances."


"Make sure that doesn't happen. We are not ready. I will give the signal when to proceed, see if you can hold the Russians off from making an alliance too soon."


Carmine planned to take the Godfather position from Franco Bertinelli. He would then have most of the Italian mafia under his sway, and then Gotham was ripe for the taking.

4