Chapter 11
122 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hung up the call then continued making my gear and gadgets that I would need for the upcoming war. I made sure to tell them to let me know what type of costumes they would want and planned to make it as soon as possible. It wouldn't take more than a week, plenty of time.

****
Chapter 11

On top of a dark foggy alley, I crouched overlooking one of Gotham's many infamous warehouses. Its lights were on full blast, and guys in suits scurried about unloading and reloading boxes. I needed to find out where this shipment was going. Ben got a tip-off from his contacts that the Visconti family were on the move and that they were going to hit one of their rival families.

I planned to take advantage of this to help Fern get his revenge, but first, I needed to find out their headquarters. I would bug this first shipment and follow them, which was easier said than done. I moved closer, and photon projected a tracker onto three of the vans, which looked to be owned by several lieutenants.

I quickly moved back onto the shaded rooftop beside the alleyway. I would track the lieutenants to see where they stop and investigate where they were going to go. The photon trackers would only last the night, then they would vanish into the light it was made up of. I had finally cracked the use of Symmetra's photon projector. I did have to program and make my own mundane versions of the technology. I could not entirely rely on overwatch tech schematics. I had Fern and Ben help out when completing the trackers. Fern was good at programming the software, and Ben was good at making it not be noticed as quickly.

I waited until they started moving, and I called Nora to bring up Gotham's map and see where they would go and to direct me to the first of the vans. I moved towards the first location using the rooftops and Widowmakers grappling hook. My thoughts shifted back to Nora and how she had come to join. She knew that Victor was already a part of Ouroboros, and she didn't want to part with him. She knew now that you weren't really safe in Gotham and that it was an illusion that civilians couldn't get hurt that was spouted by the politicians. I told her that Ouroboro's short-term goal was to make Gotham a safer and better place. Along with a few personal grudges that needed to be solved, mainly Fern's revenge.

Although she wasn't thrilled with it, she joined because we were still kids, and she had hoped to guide us. She told me that even if we were geniuses, we could still be wrong and misguided. She hoped to provide a sense of normality among Ouroboros. I hadn't really thought of it like that. Fern and Ben were fairly smart themselves, and now thinking about it, that was pretty abnormal. I had memories of a full life and having had finished university, but Fern and Ben didn't have that but could still keep up with me. It took Nora pointing it out for me to realize that Ben and Fern were geniuses themselves. Steven was more on the lines of a martially skilled, unlike us three.

I shook my thoughts away when I got to the first location. The purple and blue neon lights shining from the nightclub was where they were heading. They headed to the back of it and opened the massive garage door as I crouched on the building beside it.

There were some windows on top that I grappled down to and pried the windows open. I slowly slunk across the rooms, checked for any hidden cameras, and putting the ones I found on loop. I connected to the server that I found and disabled any alarms I found with Sombra's glove. I was wearing a black trench coat with purple highlights; on my chest was Sombra's symbol, and my mask was Sombra's symbol. I reached into my trench coat and pulled out a silent drone so I could cover more ground.

"Nora, take control of the drone and see if you can find any more servers," I told her, finally having finished downloaded all the information.

I looked through the information, which showed only transaction reports and income statements, and financial reconciliation. Still, some of the numbers didn't add. This didn't have the information I was looking for. It did have shady deals and were part of the Visconti, but it wasn't the Visconti family's headquarters that I was looking for.

"Nora, did you find anything?" I asked, frowning.

"No, only a couple of guards and the suits that have arrived to deliver the weapons."

"All right, send me the location of the second van."

She sent me the coordinates of the second location, and it appeared to be in the docks. I headed in that direction. I really needed a better way to travel than walking or slinging from rooftop to rooftop. I did have some flight schematics from 3 different heroes. The easiest to make would be Pharah's, but it would make a lot of noise, and I didn't have anything yet to make it quieter. The second easiest is Mercy's flight, but that was more levitating and dragging yourself from point to point. The last and best one is Echoes Omni-directional flight, but that was the hardest to make.

I finally got to the second location. A gloomy four-story building that the guys in suits still hadn't finished unloading into. They would finish soon, so I had to get this done quickly while the people inside the building were busy. I landed on the rooftop and entered through an open bathroom window. I scanned the area I was in for any hidden cameras and found a few, and put them on a timed loop. As I was exiting it, I looked back to see that the ladies' room was bugged, sick bastards.
I connected to the CCTV because, luckily, this building had one, even if it was old, and searched for a filing room.

I didn't think this building was their HQ, but I would still be thorough in my search. After a few minutes, I found it, I searched the files on the desk, but they were innocent enough. I scanned the room with my glove to see if I could find any hidden rooms.

Jackpot!

I found one in one corner of the room. It looked like a wall linked to a lamp. This building must be old to have something like this. I pulled the lamp down, and the small room opened up. It had 3 filing cabinets. As I searched them, I found, to my horror, that these guys were experimenting on kids to see if they could unlock Metahuman abilities.

****
I'm experimenting with a new style of writing let me know what you think.

6