Chapter 12
123 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I found one in one corner of the room. It looked like a wall linked to a lamp. This building must be old to have something like this. I pulled the light down, and the small room opened up. It had 3 filing cabinets. As I searched them, I found, to my horror, that these guys were experimenting on kids to see if they could unlock Metahuman abilities.


****

Chapter 12

The small room became even more gloomy and sinister. I continued looking at the 'research papers' that these sick bastards were making. It showed the location that the experiments were taking place. Several of the kids had already died, and the others collared and drugged. I wouldn't be able to do this by myself. I had to alert Batman, but I didn't know how I was going to do that.

"Nora, do you see papers? I'm going to scan them and send them to you," I said, taking out my photon projector and made a simple paper scanner.

"These SICK BASTARDS!" Nora shouted after reading the first few papers.

"Yeah, we need to bury these guys. Call up the rest of the guys, I think I'm going to need their help with this. Especially, Ben, we are going to need some of his contacts." I was angry and trying to keep my cool.

"All right."

I was scanning the documents and papers, and after a few minutes, I had laid out all the documents and scanned them. It was time to leave, but I wasn't willing to go without sabotaging them. I looked around for anything I could use and looked up at the lights in the ceiling. I made a small fuse, connected it to the lights, and programmed it to fire when three days went by. This would give me enough time to set up the destruction of the Visconti family.

I left through the same window I came in from, and I went to the third location. I was pretty sure at this point that the third location was the Visconti's HQ, but I had to be thorough with these sick bastards. I was going to be more careful with the last place. They were sure to have more surveillance on it.

As expected, uptown was fancy as usual, a place where Gotham's elite gathered. I needed to head to the lower end of Granton near Endsbury Park. I got there after traveling a bit. I needed to finish fast for this one because dawn was approaching. I still had a few more hours. I landed across from the office like building. I configured window makers infra-sight to zoom in, and it was teaming with people.

Good.

I had found the right place, and now I knew where their base was. I stayed and kept track of people coming in and out of the building. And took pictures of all their faces. I really needed to get around to bugging uptown so I could track people easier. At the moment, I could only track people in mid-town and downtown Gotham. I waited till I had an hour left till dawn and shot off back home to consolidate all the information and find out what we were going to do.

****

I went to sleep, and when I woke up, I called everyone over except for Victor. He was close to winning the CEO position that we needed for him. I walked into the apartment and sat down at the table with Fern and Ben sitting in front of me. I had Steven and Nora seated on either side of me. I poured us some tea.

"So, what can we do about this? Have you all read the files?" I looked around to see they were all making upset faces.

"Yeah, those sick bastards were injecting blood from other Meta into teenagers. The thought in the files is that puberty is when most meta's manifest their powers. Trauma was a major trigger, and so far, they haven't succeeded with anyone yet. Still, it will be only a matter of time before they do accidentally stumble on someone that has a dormant meta-gene." Steven said with his fist clenched.

"This is one of the reasons Ouroboros was formed, to stop these kinds of atrocities from happening, but at the moment, we are not ready. We don't have enough people, and we are still too young to go into the field because no matter how good some of us are at fighting, adults will still be better. We need to get outside help on this or at least tip off the Bat-family. Ben, do you know anyone who can contact Batman?" I asked Ben.

"No, I don't, but we know the commissioner can contact him," Ben shook his head.

"What about you, Fern?"

"I can't contact them online. They are too good at tracing and finding you."

"So, our first task is to contact the commissioner to ask him to contact Batman."

We continued discussing ideas and strategies for the rest of the afternoon. When we finished, I got up to start working on a flight system that didn't make too much noise. One of the things last night had shown me was that I needed better mobility.

I could make D.va mech, and that would do me a world of good, but it takes a lot of time, roughly six months of work, to make it with the resources I could call upon at the moment.

Wait

I think I just had an excellent idea for a temporary solution. I could make a giant drone that could carry my weight. It would only take three days to complete. The advantage of this was that I could get one of the other guys doing overwatch to operate it. I would also have to make a belt of levitation from Mercy's wings, so I wouldn't be afraid of falling. I could ask for extraction if something difficult happened and I needed to get out asap.

I would have to equip it with a fusion drive to power it along with a self-destruct so that it couldn't fall into other people's hands. I would put in a larger photon projector to make more extensive tools them the hand-held version I had.

The operation would start in two days after Ben got in contact with the commissioner, and the commissioner could get in touch with Batman. We needed to free the kids but couldn't personally be there because this was an operation that was way over our heads. While that was going on, we would anonymously slip information on the Visconti's Family's assets to their enemies.

5