Chapter 13
134 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The operation would start in two days after Ben got in contact with the commissioner. Then the commissioner would get in touch with Batman. We needed to free the kids but couldn't personally be there because this was an operation that was way over our heads. While that was going on, we would anonymously slip information on the Visconti's Family's assets to their enemies.

***
Chapter 13

Two days later, Ben had contacted the commissioner and told him to contact Batman. Let him know that teenagers were kidnapped and experimented on by the Visconti crime family. Fern hacked into several small families and gangs in downtown and mid-town. I had spent most of my time setting inter-connected networks on the smaller qualities side.

I still have to avoid large co-operations because they had the best security that money could buy. Fern, our best hacker, still wasn't on their level even with all our tech. He was still young and had plenty of room to grow.

Fern sent them info on the Visconti and their movements. We would be keeping track of what went down. It was pretty much guaranteed that the Visconti family was going to end. The guy responsible for the murder of Fern's parents was already dead. By the time Fern found out that his parents didn't die because of suicide, as the corrupt Gotham police officer labeled it. Fern still wasn't satisfied with that, and he swore he would get rid of all the Visconti Family such that it doesn't exist anymore.

I did not want Fern to get blood on his hands so soon. I managed to persuade him that it would be better they get justice. If we sent the information to the officers that weren't corrupt, we could make sure that they are charged. I also planned to make sure that the judge who was executing their charges wasn't one of the ones on their pay. One of our plans was to make sure the police department and the judges weren't corrupt and slowly weed out the bad ones from the good.
I planned to bug the whole police station slowly by slowly and their phones to see who they were getting orders from. It was finally time, and I called them all on the Network.
"Is everyone ready?" I said, sitting in the attic where my first set up of Sombra's computer was. I told them all to stay at home and let Victor and Nora use the apartment headquarters.

"Yes, we are ready," said Nora sitting with Victor.

"Are we just going to watch, though?" Fern said in discontent. He wanted to participate in destroying the Visconti Family.

"We already talked about this, Fern, please, you know nothing good is going to happen with tangling physically with them so early," I told him. We had already had a conversation, and I had to work hard to convince him that this wasn't what his parents would have wanted. We spent some time together, just us three, while Fern cried, and we group hugged. We were all very close with each other and saw each other as family.

"Yeah, Ben and I are ready," Steven said.

I had managed to fix up some of the laptops from the junkyard for them and gave them the improved version of them. We were going to watch the cameras and send some Hard-light capable drones to watch the mayhem.

"Okay, anybody has eyes on targets?"

"Warehouses is crawling with police officers," Nora let us know.

"Robin spotted in the upper floors of the nightclub," Ben said.

I spotted Batman going into the Visconti office building before the cameras failed. Thankfully he wasn't who we were looking into. We kept our eyes on the harbor because the kids were there, and it would be easier to ship abroad if the Visconti got raided.

"Movement in the harbor spotted a couple of guys moving towards a specific shipment container," Fern was one of the first to spot them.

"Alright, deploy the giant drones," I had improved them by managing to put the fusion drive as well as a photon projector. We were controlling 4 different drones, and two of them were on standby. I got control of mine once Victor deployed them. I sent it towards those armed guys who I was sure were part of the Visconti we hadn't found yet, probably there to get rid of the evidence and the kids.

"Okay, Ben, follow my lead with your drone."

I arrived there with some time to spare and got into position behind the thugs. "Ben, get ready to send the sleep darts at them," I said, sending them in tandem with Ben. The four thugs dropped to the ground next to the container. I sent a beam of the photon projector at the lock and opened it.

It was tragic inside, several teenagers grouped together huddling in the corner, afraid that it was the thugs coming. I could see the tear stains and their arms had needle marks on them. I projected a 3D image at the entrance in the form of Echo the Al hero, with Sombra's symbol for a faceplate.
"Come, Children, let's get you out of here. The bad men won't be able to hurt you anymore," I said to them gently.

Slowly and hesitantly, they moved from the corner of the container to the front, and my heart broke. I could see that they had a long road of recovery ahead of them, and some of the teens looked like they got beat by the thugs. I looked down at the thugs and projected some hand and leg cuffs on them. One of the teens seemed really angry once they saw the thugs tied up and on the floor.

"Die die die die die!" the brown-haired teen cried as he proceeded to kick the downed thug continuously. He got pulled away by one of the older teens and looked towards me.

"I am going to bring the commissioner is to help you and to send you back to your families," I said to them, clearly seeing that they weren't going to be happy with it. Still, at the moment, I couldn't really do better. I would keep an eye on them, though, so that this does not happen again.

"Ben send a signal to the commissioner to come to this location," I said to Ben on the Network so that the kids wouldn't be able to hear.

"Who are you?" asks one of the older boys.

"We are nobody you need to worry about. Just say a good Samaritan helped you if someone asks," I turned away and shut down the projector when I could hear the police heading our way.

I moved away to a higher elevation and watched the police surround the kids and call the paramedics. I saw some of the police officers experienced in first aid helping a few of the kids clean up some of the cuts and scratches.

A day later, I saw on the news that a four-story building burned down.

3