Chapter 15
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I will leave you to go through the rest of the files I have before I transfer you to your body, okay? let me know when you finished."

I left her there and turned on the news.

Star Labs has been broken into by strange fog.

Shit.

***
Chapter 15

I needed to head to Wayne Tech to get ahead of the fog. That was where the fog was going to be headed next. If I could get there and experiment with it I might be able to build my own nanomachines that could extract information. I only had healing nanomachines at the moment.

I called the group together so that we could tackle this together, the last thing I needed was the league of shadows gaining more information, no doubt in my mind that a few interested parties had already noted Ouroboros collective.

"What's going on Noah?" Steven asked.

"Wayne tech is going to be attacked next and we need to be on standby to make sure the attack isn't successful. I need a sample of the nanomachines as well."

"Do you want us to suit up?" Ben asked because Steven and I had already prepared our suits and he was the only one we hadn't seen with one yet and I doubted fern was going to be doing any outings. He is our co-ordinator.

"Have you made a suit yet?"

"Yes,"

"Come over to the HQ and we will see how good it is and if it holds up to standard protective gear then we can upgrade it,"

I got everything ready for when our small team came.

***

Everyone came in and had a look at all the new stuff I managed to make and I introduced Echo to them.

"Everyone, meet Echo I just recently made her, and hopefully once she is ready, she can come on a few of the missions with us. Echo was designed as a companion that was capable of combat. She has a healing weapon in her backpack which could heal others. She had also a small shield generator that was color grey to differentiate her from her original. She had a modified glove of Symmetra and she can fly."

"Hello, I am Echo," Echo greeted them. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

Then they settled in talking about the upcoming fight with the nanomachines.

"So, Noah. Any ideas for how we are going to beat the nanomachines without getting caught?"

"Not completely," I answered Victor. "I was thinking that I could make a suit that if anyone put it on it could take control of them and I could use them to throw them to the nanomachines then destroy them from the inside but that would take time, a time I don't currently have. they will be here in 45 minutes."

"I was thinking that I could mathematically assign a speed to each nanomachine and then use a Nanowave generator to disrupt their speed and then make them collide with the wall or each other. We could even design nanomachines that if dropped from the tower could charge up and then send out a shockwave that could destroy all nanomachines from a point-blank distance of five hundred meters."

"I think that last one should be the easiest to accomplish with the little time we have," said Fern.

"Okay, I will get started on programming the charges, so you guys go help Bens ort his gear out and equip him with the right tools. Victor look over them, Nora you are central, make sure the communication line is clear, Echo keeps track of where the nanomachine swarm is."

After the changeover, the team headed to the main living room. By then everyone had joined in and I did my best to coordinate everyone's actions. Ben walked over and showed us his suit up, it looked like a combination of moon knight and black lightning.

"Okay guys, I already have all the nanomachines' speed and their path on my computer. I will follow them from a distance via Nora." Echo said.

"Good luck," Fern wishes us as we all start to head out.

Steven and I reach the Wayne tech and we are welcomed by the bright moonlight already illuminating the area. We were across from the lab on top of an older building across from the state-of-the-art Wayne Tech building that had a large number of gadgets that could benefit our society. We could hear the team booming something inside and we could already see the nanomachines, they were a grey swarm that was already moving towards the building.

Boom!

We could hear a struggle occurring near the car park and when we looked we could see Superboy struggling with laser-firing cyclops.

"Steven keep watch on Superboy and help him if he needs it. I'm going to see if I can get a sample from the swarm inside."

I had already a box that would isolate the swarm.

I turn on my infra-sight and watch the swarm, trying to figure out how to get a sample from it. Whenever I took a picture with my infra-sight, I could see it in clear terms. A sample would be hard to get, I just had to figure out how to do it. The problem came when I saw the sheer numbers. There were too many to get a sample without immediately getting shredded to pieces. But there had to be a way. I was looking at my watch when I saw how rapidly the swarm came up.

As the swarm moved up, I used my Widowmakers grappling hook to fire at the top of the building. Dismissing it, I let the number of nanomachines grow enough so that I could get a good sample. I attached the Nanomachines to the sample box, now I had to get to the other side of the building to get a good angle to drop the charges that would destroy them before the nanomachines started moving again.

1