Chapter 16
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I turn on my infra-sight and watch the swarm, trying to figure out how to get a sample from it. Whenever I took a picture with my infra-sight, I could see it in clear terms. A sample would be hard to get, I just had to figure out how to do it. The problem came when I saw the sheer numbers. There were too many to get a sample without immediately getting shredded to pieces. But there had to be a way. I was looking at my watch when I saw how rapidly the swarm came up.

As the swarm moved up, I used my widowmaker grappling hook to fire at the top of the building. Dismissing it, I let the number of nanomachines grow enough so that I could get a good sample. I attached the Nanomachines to the sample box, now I had to get to the other side of the building to get a good angle to drop the charges that would destroy them before the nanomachines started moving again.

***
I had got my samples and isolated them, that was when I noticed the problem, the nanomachines were too close to the buildings, there was no way for me to drop the charges effectively without the nanomachines getting closer to the buildings. I just had to hope that I would be able to get enough of them and disrupt them so that robin could get rid of them with the virus Dr. Roquette made. I was too far to fire them down but I had to get them as close as I could without overstepping the mark. I couldn't fire them down; I had to move closer and then drop them into their path.

I jumped down from above and made my way towards. When I saw that they had gotten close enough I jumped down with Lucio's Shoes on the side of the building. I noticed that the swarm had increased in size. I hope that would be the last time. I had to use the grappling hook first. I managed to drop the nanocwave charge into their path.

I hastily jumped back up, only to realize that I had gotten close to them.

I clicked off my infra-sight and closed the sample box. The nanocwave was working but it wouldn't protect against the swarm moving at the speed that they were going. I tripped the release of the nanocwave, but without warning their movement halted. Suddenly they stopped and moved in two directions. When I looked down they were both headed towards the two buildings.

Then I saw something that made me smile.

As the nanomachines contoured towards the two buildings, they began to slow down.

That was when I saw an entire swarm of nanomachines stopped in place. I turned my infra-sight back on and saw that the heat signatures cooling. I must have been able to buy enough time for robin to implement the virus, unlike in the show they had already got into Wayne Tech computers. This time the Fog wasn't able to get anything from them.

"Steven, It's time to leave. how did your side go?"

"It went well, Superboy didn't need help he had it handled. did you get the sample you wanted?"

"Yeah, I got it now. Let's get out of here."

"Alright, let's head out of here."

We used our shoes to get down as fast as we could. we both were moving outside the building wall riding as fast as we could to our teleport point that we had already set up. Luckily we were able to teleport using Symmtra's portal back to HQ, only problem with Symmetra's portal is that we could only teleport back to a place and not to a place without having to pre-setup a designated spot.

It's a good thing that I still had a couple of those crystals that are used to create teleportation portals. We just had to set up the spot and then we were out. I made those crystals to work with Vishkar Corporation's premier hard-light Architech.

We were both back at HQ headquarters, but there was no time to celebrate.

"We need to bring the samples to the lab and test them as soon as possible," Ben said.

I just nodded to him and didn't say anything. He retrieved the samples that we had got and followed me over to the lab. I had already contacted Echo with the sample and asked her to join the nanomachines for further analysis and testing and left her and Ben to it.

I needed to somehow get a few messages to the Justice league without somehow setting of a few people's fail-safes and plans. I needed to somehow get a message to Batman without having it seem like it was from me. I had a few ideas but I would need to keep those ideas quiet if I don't want to get my neck snapped.

I had to contact the Justice League from somewhere there was no one around to hear either the messages or the call out to me. how? I don't know. I didn't know if Kent nelson was going to go missing soon, I think it was close to around this time that he was kidnapped by klarion. I was hoping that it wasn't but I was not going to take any chances.

06:13 AM

I used material hard-light to make a tablet that would be temporary for now. if I got my hands on one of the tablets that Fern had made or made on my own then it would be less suspicious. I used that tablet to go through the system security in the hall of justice and check for any protocols that would give me away.

Thankfully I managed to go through the security systems before I installed a few of my own. I made sure that my own protocols wouldn't be detected unless I wanted them to be detected. I spoke into the microphone and called Batman via the hall of justice systems.

2