Stories Rise (Arc 3 Finale Part 1)
177 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There's too many of them, dammit" Seeker growled, continuing to shoot electrical bolts at the opposing War guild. 

Amber huffed "You're not trying hard enough, we are making a dent in them" she said, aiming and taking out one of the more high priority players that was higher level "It's pretty clear they've done a lot of exercise, but hey, we three are still matching them" she says.

Lapis nodded, channeling his magician healing magic into his companions, and the others, keeping them healed and able to continue fighting. It wasn't the strongest healing, but he had plenty of magic to deal out "The level gap doesn't mean so much, but the highest we've seen is third level this go around. Not to mention the nations have yet to arrive" He pointed out.

"I know that, but at this rate we can take out every last little War guild soldier and make sure they're crippled in this game" Amber hummed.

"Speaking of guild soldiers, where's yours? They ain't coming to rescue you Amber?" Seeker hissed, taking a few more shots as he smirked.

"What about yours? Or are your secret seekers too busy harassing NPCs?" Amber says, dodging his question and looking over to him with a glare.

"Come on you two, stay focused, there's no reason to fight" Lapis said, sighing as he fired another bolt of healing.


"We are going to be arriving at The Ark HQ in the next five minutes!" A commander said, speaking over the radio as he was piloted in a separate jet, part of one of the nations coming to attack The Ark with the War Guild.

"Sir!" one of the soldiers pipes up as he announces this "This is the sea level crew, ten minutes behind you, we have Bogeys on the rader, fast approaching, looks like Saris aircraft" he says.

"Fire a warning shot, we can't be stopped, I doubt Saris is coming to resc-" he's cut off by the sound of an explosion 

"S-sir! One of the pilots just jumped out of the plane, he's throwing some sort of explosive projectiles, we are taking aim at him!" the soldier says, the radio is left on as the sound of gun fire is heard. 

"Um, commander, this is a bad time to say, but we also have Bogeys incoming from our left and right, they appear to be from other nations, they are refusing to answer comms" a pilot says, coming in over the radio. 

"Look alive everyone! Engage evasive maneuvers!" the commander said, looking out the window as he sat down and strapped into the seat. His jet began to dip and fly lower, moving around more erratically while shots begin to ring through the air.


A burning ship was stood on by two different groups of people, the two of them looking at each other. 

"We found it first" a man said, stepping up in front of his own group and narrowing his eyes. It was a mix of men and women from various other nations, each one had painted the symbol of a question mark somewhere on their face though.

"Lay off secret seekers, we are claiming this ship, if it weren't for one of our own deciding to attack with his magic, you wouldn't have even landed here" One from the other group says, prompting mixed cheers and jeers toward the Secret Seekers.

"Look, forget it, we need to get moving anyway. It's not worth fighting, both our leaders need us anyway, and hey, they're working together" one of The Seekers said "Why can't we?"

"Ugh, fine, but only so we can split off once we arrive at The HQ" one of the other group says. 

"Nice to work with all of you then Shining Guild" the one who proposed the idea said, their group splitting off to go put out the burning ship so they could actually get to HQ with it. Most of the damage was above the water, with the bodies of NPCs scattered about. 

Off in the distance a few planes began to fall down, before the survivors came in for a landing on the ship. Two more nations Lightforms joining the Shining Guild and the Secret Seekers. They would pick up more as they got closer to HQ.


"Back up has finally arrived!" One of the War Guild members shouted, causing a few of them to look over as more trained soldiers finally arrived, going overhead and beginning to bomb the enemy while ships arrived with more troops. 

"Finally, it's looking like we may have a turn around yet" Another member said, sighing, only for the sound of a plane crashing to be heard.

The War guild members looked up, only to see one of their own NPC allied nations planes to come crashing down, smoking as the pilot ejected from it. "They've got anti-air!" someone shouted over the confusion, prompting many of the remaining War Guild players to rush forward firing off into the Ark Faction, their ground allies backing them up without getting to far ahead.

The Ark finally began to take losses, significant enough ones to cause a few people to begin fearing if the battle would begin to turn. The anti-air support was good, but would it be enough?

The flying suits were beginning to run out of energy, meaning at some point a few players needed to retreat to recharge, or go out swinging on the ground. The non-lethal weapons they insisted using for the other Lightforms was quickly becoming a detriment, since they lacked stopping power.

The first one to fall was a player, a smaller one, a simple level two warrior. He fell to the ground in front of the tide, his gun out of ammo and his energy depleted. The people continued to rush forward, NPCs raising rifles to take out the Lightform against them.

The player stood up, momentarily out of it from falling out of the sky, but he knew he wouldn't survive the next few seconds. He put his hand forward "So long, as I stand! None will topple The Ark that withstands the flood!" he shouted. It didn't require theatrics to activate, but it worked either way.

The player bulked up quickly, his stats skyrocketing as hidden potential was unleashed from his body, his eyes changing to a rainbow hue as he rushed forward. The quickness of this act knocked a few people back as he slammed two more players into the ground, knocking them out as they received concussion de-buffs on their avatars.

A lone player began to battle, the dozen or so men, a mix of players and NPCs beginning to fire on him. Bullets rained down on his armor, which dented and cracked, as well as a few ripping through him, Hitting vitals that most others would have, but for a Lightform, it just left empty holes devoid of blood or flesh. He continued to attack even as an eye was hit, as his chest was shot, as his arm was hit in spots that should stop it from moving.

After a hellishly long one minute, and with a wide berth around him from both the other Ark players and The War Guild's alliance. The single player collapsed, and his body turned into a rainbow light before dispersing.


Silence fell across the duo of Gareth and Arron, who both looked to each other as they watched through a tablet, Gareth contracted the three Amissa Lumina quickly "What in the world was that!? Report! Now!" he commanded.

Amber was the one who picked up "Sir, what you saw was...it was something Ultima gave us, he told us to share it with the others" she told a half truth.

"You three are responsible for what just happened then?" Gareth asked, relaxing a bit at knowing it was some skill, he wasn't going to worry about how Ultima taught his unique powers to the enigmatic Lightforms. The next words made him tense again though.

"It's not just ours, he told us to share it with everyone, and I did. Every Lightform on Larian knows about this skill" Lapis admitted.

"Don't worry though, it can only work if Ultima allows it, we aren't sure how that works, but if he doesn't like the person, or thinks that the person trying to use it is hostile to The Ark. He said it wouldn't work" Seeker added on.

Gareth processed this, now having more questions, but he began to give an order "You are allowed to use this ability, for future reference, tell me about these skills you are taught. I'm not going to ask how the ability works" he said. He was reminded of how chaotic and powerful this Lightforms were. He would pretend he knew that they had this ability.

Arron nodded as well, not talking as Gareth turned off the communications with the other Amissa Lumina. 

Announcement
I owe an apology, but, giving one is not going to fix the long hiatus this story suddenly underwent when I promised to finish it up for the time being and move onto other things. There is no, explainable reason, other than, sudden disinterest. It is a thing maybe someone who reads my work can understand, you know, just...not feeling it.

Well, to not clog up this announcement, I hope you enjoyed the two chapters tonight. A bit shorter, but they had to be split up to make sense. I need to get into working on things even when they stop motivating me as much. That's my own personal issues though. Have a goodnight, and a good day.

4