The Lost Lights (Arc One Finale)
465 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amber struggled against the people who were carrying her, but they were both trained soldiers and she was a player who had yet to earn an actual class. "Hey! Let me go! What the hell is going on!" she growled, but they didn't even bother to answer her. She logged on late, and found out that they were moving her, and weren't letting go of her.

She's tossed into a different room, where there's only a long table. She got up and started banging on the door "Hey! Don't lock me in here!" she yells. The door was already closed though. Ultima slowly moved out of the corner "Amber, take a seat. We are expecting more people" he said, speaking neutrally.

She froze and looked at the blank NPC, slowly moving and sitting down. Which made her earn a ding that she gained a single favorability point for  listening, it felt like this system was mocking her but she decided to start asking questions "What's going on? Are you the one who ordered them to drag me here in my sleep?" she huffed.

"On the contrary, I'm the one responsible for them not locking you up" he stated, sitting down across from her "No more questions until the other two arrive, they shouldn't be much longer" he said, before going quiet. Amber looked at the door, waiting for answers then.


Death Seeker quickly complied with the soldiers when they asked him to follow, but as he saw other people struggling against soldiers or even trying to fight. He knows he must've missed something. He doesn't speak up though or try to run, because unlike the others he wasn't being dragged around.

When prompted he enters a room with a long table in it. His eyes narrow at the girl sitting there, and widen at Ultima across from her. "Ultima?" he comes closer to the neutral soldier, who gestures without a single look at him to take a seat. He does so, sitting one seat over from Amber. "Amber, how's it going, did you bribe Ultima somehow?" he bites. Amber rolls her eyes "Oh shut it Seeker, I don't know anything more than you do" she said with an annoyed tone.

Ultima looked at the two "How do you two know each other?" he asked, expecting a rather cliché possibility, but not what came out of their mouths.

"This guy is still mad that I bought a really, expensive thing from one of his friends, and may or may not have also broken a few of his toys when he didn't play nice with my own friends" Amber scoffed.

"This little girl bought a really important thing, that some friends of mine worked hard to get. Those toys were one of a kind items! Her entire group of friends are all against mine" He retorted after her.

"Well I hope you can put aside your petty rivalries for what happens next" Ultima said vaguely, so they were from rival guilds, in fact, it sounded like they were rival leaders. He was somewhat intrigued by how lucky this was, or unlucky, because he doubted they would be very cooperative with each other. He waits patiently, not answering either of their questions on what that means.


Lapis didn't struggle as he was finally escorted somewhere, He woke up in a different cell than the others. His chat had mostly calmed down, and he lost a tenth of his viewer base, but everyone else was sticking around. They made sure he knew just how much damage he caused, and now he was going to hopefully remedy that somewhat.

He wasn't sure why they wanted him to follow, but he didn't ask questions, just complying with demands. When he entered the room, he stared at the people surrounding the table. Ultima, the hidden NPC of the Ark Organization. Death Seeker, leader of The Seekers guild and the first one to die by his hand. Amber Gem, clearer of the first mission and leader of The Crystal Guild, which had yet to come together in Reality Dive. 

"Sit down" Ultima ordered, and just to make sure he complied a mission was sent to him to sit and wait for the last person to arrive to the room. Lapis slowly moved and sat in the middle of the two glaring individuals. He didn't bother to ask questions.


Gareth walked to the room, while thinking about what he was ordered to do. According to Arron, what Lapis said was now being taken as a massive breach of security, because there weren't Lightforms in just The Ark Organization. Total repeated genocide of all Lightforms in the faction was being considered, but Arron proposed a different plan, and Gareth had a feeling it wasn't actually his idea. Mainly because it involved three specific Lightforms, including Lapis, and a certain soldier. He was realizing just how ambitious he actually was, despite being unable to show emotions. It was scary to think about, but at the same time, he was specifically asked to lead this team by Arron, and the higher ups actually decided to approve it!

When the tall and imposing main character of The Ark Organization walked in and sat beside Ultima, all three Players felt pressured. It was now time for everything to come together.


Ultima quietly observed the full room, recalling how he came to this point. It simply started with Arron rushing into the room and asking him what just happened. He answered honestly, and proposed an idea. He didn't expect the doctor to actually make it happen. He made it up on the spot, it was shoddy in his opinion, but it was still about to happen. What he wanted to do was become more famous among players, and also elevate his faction into not being destroyed. It could just be well, the hypnosis talking, but being one of the main projects of The Ark Organization, he sort of doubted that he would be allowed to live if it collapsed. 

Ideas born upon a whim were the worst, but also the most creative, and he quietly struggled to maintain a neutral expression sitting across from the three players. Sitting right next to Officer Gareth, his 'brother in arms' who trusted Ultima with his life according to the system. He waited for Gareth to begin talking as well.


"The three of you, along with Ultima. Have been selected for a special assignment. According to Lapis, he has contact with other Lightforms, and can talk to him, isn't that right?" Gareth said, looking at Lapis. Lapis nodded slowly before speaking up "That's right, I, I really shouldn't have said that, but it's the truth" he said. Luckily, the NPCs simply thought he fed information to other Lightforms, they didn't think for a second he was recording and livestreaming every single second. Ultima didn't bother to tell them the truth anyway, he wasn't ordered to and it didn't matter in the end.

Gareth sighed "Then, your new assignment, all three of you Lightforms are to become my subordinates, if you decide to do this, then Lightforms will be monitored closely in The Ark Organization. If you decide to forgo this chance though, then it is looking like all of your kind, and I don't buy you're human anymore, all of your kind will be killed by us. Including those not in The Organization. We can't let people that powerful exist out of our control" he stated.

It was at this point that every single one of them, Ultima included, received a new mission from hearing this. Ultima wondered why he got the mission now, but it must have something to do with Gareth actually enacting it out.

Announcement
Creation of The Amissa Lumina
Mission: Accept becoming part of The Amissa Lumina, a new sub-faction created by The Ark Organization to control and monitor the players/Lightforms more closely. Becoming part of this faction means you will receive the founder role for it, regardless of your circumstances regarding it's creation. This is separate from the rewards, as it will be a sign to anyone of who you are. This title cannot be turned off.
Rewards: Immediate level up and new slightly positive relationship with The Ark Organization
Failure: Refuse the offer. You will be killed, repeatedly, only escape could possibly save you or the destruction of The Ark Organization. Even then, you will have a 'wanted criminal' with The Ark Organization
Notes: This a very difficult choice, as it's essentially comply or lose the game. However, better to become lackies than die right?

Ultima glanced quickly at the immediate level up reward and was quick to further sweeten the deal. He could already see that they were all moving towards yes, because yes really was the only choice here, but he wouldn't let them get subpar rewards.

Announcement

Ultima's Acceptance
Mission: This mission is one that will be completed in addition to Creation of The Amissa Lumina, and it's availability is due to the proximity of Ultima.
Rewards: Become allies of Ultima, this means he will have a very positive realtionship with you, and gain access to training in Ultima's custom class for second level and beyond. The Ultima class is essentially one that allows a person to break their limits, even if for a short time, and experience an explosive growth in power. You will also complete his hidden mission, if this has not yet been done.
Failure: Same failure condition as Creation of The Amissa Lumina, along with earning the total hostility from Ultima.
Notes: More weight to the choice

Ultima watched as they paused a second, likely seeing the secondary mission they received from him. He waited patiently, knowing there was no choice for them. Just like how there was no choice for him, when he decided to make the final choice to become a hidden NPC, and not a background character.


The three Lightforms looked to each other, Amber and Death Seeker glared at one another, their rivalry clear again. Lapis meanwhile saw his chat yelling, most of the people encouraged him, but others said he didn't deserve the rewards. He took a deep breath and was the first one to speak finally after several moments.

"I accept this new position as your subordinate Sir Gareth, if it means that you'll allow our kind to continue living" he said, smiling nervously. 

"I second accepting this gracious offer, even if it means working with Amber" Death Seeker said next, causing all eyes to fall on the girl in question.

"I agree too, if only so I won't be killed" She grumbled, but her stance and acceptance was clear as well. All three of them heard the ding, the rewards could be examined later. 

Gareth stood up and nodded "Good, I'm glad you could see that this was the best choice for all of you. From this point on, this faction will be known as The Amissa Lumina, or The Lost Lights. Our goal is to control your kind, and I know this sounds bad, but if we don't then someone else will likely wipe you all out in someway. Either by trapping you, or by making you hated across the entire planet" he held his hand out, and each player slowly shook it.

Ultima slowly moved as well, and held his own hand out "I hope, that we will be good allies then" he said dryly, and flatly. They all shook his hand as well.

Gareth sighed "Then it's time to inform you of your first assignment" he began to speak "First, I want all four of you, that means you as well Ultima.. To work on team exercises, build, a rapport, because honestly, this team will fall apart if you don't. Secondly as part of your first assignment, you are to get all of the Lightforms under control, or, you are to report ones that fail to comply with control, and they will be permanently detained. Is this all clear?" he asked them.

They all saluted, nervous, but looking forward to it now that the suspense was over, although it would be far from easy. Ultima nodded and saluted as well "Your orders are understood Officer Gareth, we will see that they are completed then" 

Announcement
The end of Arc One! Maybe I rushed this, I do think maybe I did, but I knew that I wanted to finish this up. After all, this Arc is called 'The Launch of The Larian Server' so I wanted it to be done not too soon after that happened. So this is how it ends, the creation of The Lost Lights. I will be taking a break tomorrow, uploading only one chapter which will likely be nothing more than Ultima and the players selecting their class or upgrading it.  Have a great night or day everyone, and let me know your thoughts on this finished Arc
17