Arrival on Saris (Arc Two Chapter 6)
323 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gareth woke up to Alexander staring behind the boat, the ocean blue and clear still. The engine was still running as well, the soldier took a deep breath before turning to look at him, Gareth noticed he seemed rather tired, and there was a tint of red to his eyes that quickly turns to a dimmer yellow.

"Oh, good, you're awake Gareth, may I rest now?" he asks, sitting down on a seat, Gareth looks down and sees his bullet wound from before. It was already beginning to close up, but it was still there. 

"Alex, did you not sleep at all?" He asked, trying to ignore the wound as the solider puts his socks and shoe back on without even seeming to acknowledge it.

"I did not, your order was to replace the gas, so I didn't sleep incase it ran out, It did" he clarified. "I can still stay awake for, roughly twelve more hours I would say" he said as he looked to Gareth.

"No you, can rest" Gareth said, nodding. He watched as Alexander yawned and laid back, his head turned to the sky as he slowly fell into a slow breathing rhythm. It was strange seeing him so peaceful when normally he saw him fighting or tensed up.


The three Lightforms woke up one after another, Gareth turned back to steer the boat manually while keeping an eye out for land. After they're all awake he turns back "Let Alex rest, we will be arriving in Saris in just a few minutes, if the boat stayed on course all night. We will be right in enemy territory, though they won't do anything, or shouldn't since we are chasing rebels. Doesn't mean they'll honor that, keep yourselves quiet, and we will be travelers just asking around to find some friends" he explained. 

"They're still in Saris" Lapis clarified "I, um, asked around, but that also means they probably know we are looking for them. I'm sure they figured that out already from others though" he said, looking to chat. 

"Right, which means they probably want to make some noise like those other Lightforms back on Ironclad right? We can't kill them, so we capture them to take them back. Easier said than done really" Gareth said, shaking his head. 

It was at this moment that each of the three took a deep breath and nodded, because of what appeared in their vision. "Understood Gareth sir" they all saluted, reading it over again.

Announcement
Larian Main Story of Version 1.0: The Immortal Soldiers
Tensions rise, and soon they will flare into a blazing fire. The arrival of 'Lightforms' has made many nations feel they've gotten an ace in the hole. If something isn't done, an endless war will break out as the entire world becomes a battle ground for every nation, no matter how small, will use their new undying soldiers as unyielding numbers to try and battle one another. Being part of the Lawful Evil faction of The Ark Organization, you are directly opposed to Saris, the Lawful Good faction.
Mission: Destroy the government of Saris, or reach a compromise between your factions. This is the main mission goal, sub-missions will be added as time goes on that can be exchanged for smaller rewards
Sub-Mission (The Six Rebels): Six Rebels have escaped to Saris, likely seeking to make a scene or defect from your faction, capture them and bring them to justice for your faction. The reward for this mission will be your standing with The Ark Organization faction increasing greatly, and additional rewards may be given depending on your level of contribution. Failure is simply killing them, or deciding to rebel yourselves.
Main Reward: Instant Level Up, along with unique title of 'Version 1.0 Veteran' on mission completion. The title is unique enough that it will also bestow an ability upon getting it, though what that is not for you to know yet.

Soon, land came into view as they were reading over the introduction. They weren't the only ones, all across the planet, everyone was receiving the main mission. Some already had submissions for their faction. It all boiled down to defeating or compromising with the greatest enemy of your faction, it seemed simple but also imposing.


Alexander slowly stirred, as Seeker shook him a little "Hey, wake up, we're here" he said. Alex groaned a bit, but took a deep breath and hopped to his feet. He hissed as putting weight on his foot made it burn more, but he got over it to follow Gareth and the others off the boat.

"See, told you he wouldn't attack me because he was annoyed" Seeker said, punching Amber in the arm as he walked past her. 

Amber muttered under her breath, following the others as they got through security alright again without an issue. When they finally passed into the actual capital of Saris, the change was quickly clear. Compared to the small town of Arcarus and the metal island of Ironclad, this was an actual city. Tall buildings rose over all of them as the players stood there for a moment. Lapis closed chat and the stream for a few moments while they docked. They didn't need a repeat of what happened at Ironclad, except an entire group of Saris aligned players may eagerly come to fight them.

Alex stared at the tall buildings, thinking for a moment, he had gotten time to see the main mission as well. He was actually even able to make sub-missions for it, due to being a hidden NPC of The Ark Organization. He didn't want to do this at the moment however.

The five were all led by Gareth, who first checked into another hotel just like on Ironclad, but rather than being allowed to roam freely, they were all given orders to investigate and ask around without alerting suspicion.


Those orders were why Alex stood outside of a single floor bar, standing across the street and watching patrons enter and leave. He spent most of the day resting, and headed out as soon as he woke up. He had been standing and watching for at least an hour. 

He also knew the players were nearby, he didn't order them to do anything or give them a mission, but they 'secretly' followed him anyway. After a while of waiting, he walks into the bar. Before the players even can try to discreetly follow him however, he comes back out with a bottle of alcohol. He looks it over for a moment, studying it as he continues to walk after leaving.

Over the course of a few hours, with both Amber and Seeker logging off, leaving only Lapis to stalk and document Alexander, he enters and leaves several bars. Each time leaving with a drink which he studies but eventually tosses away without even sipping. It was a strange pattern. He entered just long enough to do it, and then came back out. After he bought at least a dozen drinks, using money Gareth had given him, he stands off to the side of the street and crosses his arms, closing his eyes and clearly deep in thought. 

A few moments later, he stands up and sighs, he was well aware Lapis was stalking him, so he decides to begin monologuing, which he hasn't done in a long time. "I've asked a bunch of owners about if they've seen them, but none have given me a good answer. Maybe they've just avoided the bars" he says to himself, muttering just enough that the player following him can hear.

"These Lightforms, they seem to enjoy opportunity, and seek out jobs to do. Likely to accelerate their evolutionary progress. What would be the best place to fight though? It seems to be the quickest way for them to get stronger. Not like I can just ask about an illegal fighting ring or something right?" he mutters, crossing his arms "I'd probably get recognized too, if I showed up there and they were actually battling" he sighed. After talking for a moment a mission appeared infront of Lapis

Announcement
Sub-Mission (The Fight Club): Ultima believes that The Six Rebels are strengthening themselves at some sort of fight club or illegal fighting ring. Help him find it somehow. Rewards are 100 EXP, and failure won't occur unless you're wrong with your information.

After this point, Lapis followed Alex back to the hotel before heading to bed himself.


The three players logged on, and when Amber and Seeker came on they were also given the same mission as Lapis. "So does this mean there actually is one?" Amber asked, looking at the vague requirement.

"There has to be, I mean, this is a big city, it may not be one, but maybe he just wants to find one. Or we could look for more" Seeker said, sighing "It's a hint at least, given by the system itself. So let's get looking" he said, following the other two as they left.

Alexander put his clothes on after waking up, and moved to secretly follow them, just like they did before. He reported into Gareth first though, saying he would be keeping an eye on them incase something dangerous occurred, this was accepted by the officer. Alex didn't really expect to be given a phone though, looking at it for a moment before accepting it and leaving. 

Lapis opened up the stream once they were out of the hotel, and thus, harder to be located, he explained the situation to everyone. The investigation actually went well, once they figured out who to ask, that being people who literally had the title of 'pit fighter' or 'pit better' which made things easy. They eventually pinned down three separate rings, and split up to investigate each one.

Having followed them and found out where the three rings were himself, Alexander slowly moved out of his hiding place. He called Gareth and informed him of the situation. After explaining, Gareth told him to follow Lapis. The other two would be alright, but Lapis may get in trouble because of his abilities. He agreed with this assessment, moving to follow him quickly while staying hidden by being a decent distance away.

Announcement
Next time they will investigate the rings, will Alex's guess prove true? Maybe, who knows, I don't, kinda, maybe? Anyway, tomorrow's chapter should be much longer. I guess tonight, I'm taking suggestions for illegal fighting pit names. Night and Good day!
12