Stressed (Chapter 10 Interlude)
283 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
So uh...I was having trouble writing the next chapter, it's gone through three different total revisions so far. Since I won't have it done, this is a interlude? This may be me venting a bit as well, haha.

A blonde man sat down at a desk, he had a nice office, overlooking the city he grew up in. He grabbed a few more chocolate candies from his desk, popping them into his mouth as he took a deep breathe, chewing them. He reached for more only to find it was empty already, again. He called the intercom "Jonsie, send up a new bowl, make it something a little more healthy this time" he said. "Right away Mister Harrision" a voice said before he let go of the button.

He still remembered when he first started this company, when he created the concept of Reality Dive using the GC Console. Back then it was pretty revolutionary, being a pod people set up, limiting their play area while also allowing full body tracking with hundreds of cameras. He realized his dream was attainable, to create a world, an actual, world. One fully randomly generated by a computer and algorithm. One step closer to the matrix, some called it.

Then the NCNCS came out, and he listened to the pressure from his team to implement it, sales exploded when the game finally released, and they were still rising, but not rising because of how good the game was. Controversy surrounded HIS world, his creation, and the creation of countless others. All because of one NPC, just one, but he knew the risks. When you give a program a name something like 'The Infinity Possibility System' you really did need to account for everything. 

He wasn't sure if it was his fault, or the fault of the creators of the NCNCS itself, but he still was under fire. They deflected all blame away, but his own guilt away at him. He was fine with killing off a character, just one mindless NPC to save his world, but this program, this game was a world, and what would removing Ultima do? Would it cause it to crash? Would it cause disastrously after-effects? What if he just, was made again by it? It wasn't that easy to get rid of him. 

He opened his phone and looked at the new news, about a guild attacking Larian and Ultima to get vengeance for the four who had been traumatized by the mysterious NPC. He thanked the guy who brought in a bowl of carrots, chewing one while he stared at the phone. Just before the guy left he looked back "Tell the boys down in game management, I have a plan to get rid of Ultima. I need the directors to come and speak with me before we implement it, tell Jonsie that and she'll handle it" he said.

The man nodded before leaving. Steve turned to look back out of his office, taking a deep breath and sighing "Things will never be easy, huh?" he wanted to smoke, but he quit years ago, settling for crunching on another carrot as he waited for the directors to arrive. 

Announcement
I am really sorry about a lack of a chapter today, but I still wrote something out that hopefully you'll all enjoy. A look at Steve Harrison, the person behind Reality Dive and it's program to make and do anything. What he has planned will come up in later chapters. For now, have a goodnight. I hope that tomorrow I can deliver a full chapter, one that I do my best to write.
9