An Update on Myself and This Story
213 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, I am ThatRandomWriter, and, thank you for reading this update. Alright, so, my computer is fixedish. Turns out an entire channel died, woop-de-doo, but I got upgraded ram so yay. Now, about this story.

I enjoy writing Ultima NPC, but, honestly speaking, recently it has been harder to write. Now, that's not because I have run out of inspiration or drive to do so, and I'll go over my three main drives in a moment. It is because I, am struggling to, figure out how to get from plot point to plot point. Currently there are two plots going on, just incase I accidentally write something spoilerish, these are below in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Ultima's system prescribed impending death

[collapse]
Spoiler

Smarter War Guild players infiltrating Larian and sparking global war

[collapse]

Now, I have the ideas for these in mind. It's just kinda hard to write, because I uh, can't make outlines. When I did make an outline we got 'Two Fights and One Goal' which, to me, was very jam packed and not all that enjoyable. Maybe you disagree though, and I'd love to hear if you think that chapter was actually good, or if it was horrible. In any case, the reason I'm not totally dropping this story, or at least, for the time being you can be assured it IS going to be continued is three reasons.

  1. Seeing people enjoy my work, comment on it, favorite it, rate it, and just overall, enjoy it. It makes me want to continue writing, but I am aware of when I should take a break now.
  2. I write to help me sleep, how does that make sense? I sleep WAY better, after writing a chapter and posting it at night. Wake up earlier, feel more energized, etc.
  3. I also write, or try to write every day as a personal goal. Being able to motivate myself and push myself to write is very important to me.

These are the main three reasons, and I am quite aware I am probably venting a little bit, sorry.

In short, Ultima NPC chapters will begin to be released again, albiet, slowly. I am not going to continue to pressure myself that hard, but the fact that people do read my stories, makes me want to continue writing. I figure, everyone deserved an update.

Goodnight, and good day, thank you so much for, reading this story, and here's to hoping we'll reach the end together. Damn that sounds so cheesy.

P.S. Maybe I'm over-reacting and no one cares all that much, but, I know I'd feel a bit annoyed or worried if a story that has consistently been updated stopped, or chapters began to be sporadic.

3