The Judge Makes A Promise (Arc Two Chapter 9)
308 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is everyone ready?" a player asks, sitting in a virtual chat room, with at least a hundred other people around him. One other player sat beside him at the end. 

Everyone in the room nodded. The player, War On Worlds smiled as he stood up "Then we begin the project! Remember our motto everyone! First to fight, last to leave!" he pumped his fist up as cheers erupted throughout the virtual chat room, everyone logging into Reality Dive, except for the two that stayed in the chatroom for a moment. Worlds sat down, sighing "...I know what the doctors said, those four are showing signs of trauma. I don't know what in hell the developers are thinking, releasing a game like this. All we have though is a sense of unity to unite us, in our bid to cause trouble. Now, we will, pay back Ultima for what he did." he said, gripping his chair.

War On Society nodded "I agree, I think that this will make us well known in the game too. I mean, an entire group of Lightforms, Immortals, or Undying Ones joining together from across the universe to destroy a planet in the name of vengeance, that's gonna be a story out in the real world too" he smiled, laughing a bit.

"No one messes with war and wins" Worlds smirked, standing up "Let's join them" he said, logging into Reality dive finally after several hours, Society joined him.


There was a loud gunshot as a group of twelve players ran into a decently sized ship. The NPCs on it were all shot without warning. One of the players logged into the console, using his hacker ability to instantly guess the passcode, it was long, but it was in quickly. "I'm in! Engineers! Start the upgrades!" he said, the engineers were a class that was able to physically upgrade larger machines by refocusing materials. The ship rose out of the port and quickly went into boost drive, as six of the players put their hands on the walls. 

The sleek and futuristic ship slowly shifted, turning from a smooth one, into gaining jags and edges. A black tint permeated the ship while the reactor became exposed, slowly moving into a cannon "The upgrade is complete! We are now piloting a black eye juggernaut!" one of the six said. The hacker smiled "Phase one complete! We make landfall in seven hours" he said. These twelve were just one group, all across the game, focused mainly on the inhabited planets no more than a few systems away form Larian, groups of players erupted into rebellion. Some were as small as just three people, stealing a private cruiser from their employer and leaving, they were the fastest ones. The largest wasn't the twelve, but an entirely separate division of the war guild, a group of one hundred more players overtook the planetary government with weapons, having been in the army, they turned on everyone, firing on their fellow soldiers and rushing into the planets flagship, taking off as several hackers put their power together, and dozens of engineers transformed it from an ambassador ship, into a planet buster together.

This day would come to be known across the systems that were affected by it by many names. Not every planet that was hit was affected, some had much more control, and quickly quelled The War Guild members and arrested them. Most weren't ready for it though, for the longest time The War Guild members had been model soldiers, trusted by the NPCs, but they betrayed that trust in an instant to help their real companions.


Lapis quickly stood up, his chat was going crazy, a number of war guild lackies were in it picking fights and causing trouble. Even though he hadn't started the stream today, he quickly logged in, appearing on the boat. Both Amber and Seeker were already awake on logged in, sitting on the boat as the sun was rising for the morning.

Alexander was still out cold on the seat, as was Gareth. Worlds and Society were both awake, smiling smugly "What do you think you three? " Worlds says "Heard the news? about our reinforcements?" he laughed a little.

"What, the hell is your guild thinking?" Lapis asked, shaking a bit "You're going to try and take over a planet?" he hissed.

Society laughed "You know what happened to our four guildmates, so we've taken a new stance, we are going to eradicate all the NPCS, I mean, they give a ton of EXP, and if any more like Ultima pop up, only more people will get hurt. We will start that fight here, hey, having a cause is something people get behind" he hummed. 

Gareth stirred, hearing the two tied players laughing while the other three stared at them "What's going on?" he asked. Amber tried to say something, only to be stopped and receive a notification.

Announcement
Warning
You are unable to leak any unknown information of the world to NPCs, phrase your words carefully to avoid censoring

She took a deep breath "These, two, said that they have reinforcements coming. It seems crazy but, but they said that their, faction won't tolerate their capture" she said. 

"Faction? Who are you two working with?" Gareth asked, turning to them while taking out his pistol, but the two players only smiling, knowing death was an empty threat to them. "Not one you'd know" Worlds said simply, laughing again "You're going to die you *** ****, and I'm going to enjoy it" he chuckled.

"Is this a damn **** to you? Nothing more?" Seeker yelled, grabbing him "You're going to ******* the whole ****** to make a point? So what if they're ****! That doesn't give you the right to **** *** ****!" half of his words were made into inaudible static. His yelling slowly made Alex stir, opening his eyes to see the scene in front of him.

"What's....going on?" he said, gagging before sitting up, rubbing his tired eyes, which became a deep orange color. Gareth looked at him "These guys have reinforcements coming, and that has the others spooked, seems they won't say a lot on it" he said.

Alex looked at the two tied up, who were smirking at him "What are you two being happy about?" he asked, slowly standing, looking to the other four who were still out. Alex looked tired, and like standing itself was a chore for him, but something seemed...different about him. Amber checked his status, shocked by what she saw. The other two learned of his new status but didn't say anything, how would they even explain that they knew he, wasn't hypnotized anymore?

"You're gonna pay Ultima, for what you did to them" Worlds says. Alexander stared at him, and continued to stare for a moment. Gareth and the players all watched as Alex bent down in front of Worlds. "Are you threatening me? Or my companions? Choose your next words wisely" he said very quietly.

Worlds smirked "Does it matter? At this point, maybe a couple people on our side have already started to work against The A-" he's stopped by Alex grabbing his shirt, it was a weak grab, but even at his worst Ultima was still able to drag him closer to him. His eyes burned a deep red "I will decimate whatever you send at my companions, whatever pitiful excuse of allies you have, let them come, I will break every single one of you until I am laughing over your paralyzed bodies. I will not kill you, I will break you until you can't walk. I will smash your ribs till you can't breathe and I will do it all with the knowledge that I am protecting people I care about" he said, growling deeply.

"Since when did you get so touchy?" Society said, only to be glared at by Alexander, the smallest bit of dread creeped down his spine as his red eyes stared at him. "We mainly, will be aiming for you, for what you did, but destroying The Ark Organization is also on our list of priories" he said without thinking. 

Alexander slowly stood, taking a deep breath "How many are coming, do you know Lapis? Heard anything with your abilities?" he asked. 

Lapis stared at him, his threat felt, like it was full of so much anger it almost boiled over into bloodlust "Y-yeah, somewhere in the number of, a few hundred, all in planes, and with bombs" he said, nodding "That's, that's all I can tell" he explained. 

"Gareth, can you contact HQ out here?" he turned to his officer, his eyes staying red. Gareth shook his head "Maybe when we reach Ironclad again in a couple hours" he clarified.

Alex slowly took a deep breath, turning to look out onto the ocean "I suppose things can never be easy, huh?" he muttered, sitting down. Two new notifications popped up for him as he was threatening Worlds.

Announcement
Title Notification
You have received the title of Fire Forged Ally, known for your companionship that extends beyond just that, and into a full on willingness to both die for your companions, and your evil faction. Even without your hypnosis affecting you in anyway now. 
Announcement
The Judge Never Lies
Mission: Make due on your promise to Worlds, incapacitating as many players as possible, when they come to attack The Ark Organization. Killing will not be rewarded.
Reward: Knock out ten players to receive the title of 'Promise Deliverer', knock out twenty to attain the unique skill of 'For The Motherland' in which when fighting for your faction or companions you gain a power increase equal to the number of people on your side, if somehow, all players are incapacitated, either by you alone or your faction. You will be given one free level up. Not one must die, they all must be knocked out.
Failure: This mission will only fail if your faction is destroyed, which is a very real possibility. 
Notes: More than just planes are coming... 
Announcement
Ahem, okay, um, maybe I overdid it? I am kind of tired, and writing when tired tends to make me more, uh, edgy? I'd say edgy, is that good or bad? You decide. So yeah, the situation escalates more than anyone could've guessed, with The War Guild mobilizing forces to overtake ships and move forward to attack Larian. I hope maybe this made it more clear just how BIG of a threat players are, I will not have them be in the background here. Have a good day or night. Sorry if you find the chapter rather short.
10