Time For A Puppet Show (Arc 3 Chapter 3)
217 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sounds of two impacting blades rang throughout the prepared fighting area, Blade and Bringer staring each other down before beginning to move.

Bringer went on the offensive, slashing and trying to hit Blade, but no matter what he did he couldn't get through the defense of the Taren swordsman. Each hit was met with it being deflected and pushed away by him. Blade meanwhile was focused and calm even as Bringer grew more heated and kept up the intensity of his attacks.

Magmus pointed both of his crossbows as the shots rang out, trying to hit Wolf  repeatedly. Every two shots he took there were a few seconds where he reloaded, but the pressure was still enough to stop the Ursus Lupine from taking any action. The wolf with bear-like claws, growled in annoyance as he kept up his dodging, trying to prepare a howl to buff his allies once Magmus went down.

One popped up behind him, forming from a puddle as a large and noticeable grin appeared on his face. He tried to hit the back of Magmus, attempting to activate his racial class ability.

Announcement
Status of The Warring One
Class: Warrior 1 Evogoo 2
Skills: Malleable Form (being an Evogoo, you are capable of moving through small spaces and manipulating your body shape, you cannot however reform after being split, unless your main body touches the cut off part), Sudden Weapon Improvement, Harming Intent, Natural Hardness (You can harden parts of yourself to act as weapons or shielding, this is a skill and not an ability, as it is an innate function of you being an Evogoo, but it is not a skill all people of your race possess)
Abilities: Fighting Spirit, Puppet Show (Take control of another being that you have attacked by forming strings around their body. You are unable to activate any other abilities of your own while doing this, but can use ones that the other person has)
Statuses: None
Stats follow below
Strength: 16
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Wisdom: 10 
Luck: 0
Notes: All around average, stats of ten are considered the average, so you're healthy. Your strength is much higher in order for you to more forcefully take control of someone who you've used strings to control. Due to the physical nature of your abilities. If they were more mental focused, you'd need stronger wisdom.

Magmus didn't react at all to his presence, seeming to be too focused on trying to hit the fast and agile Wolf with one of his shots. One quickly learned why he wasn't paying attention however, as a shield hit his gooey face, slamming him back and onto the ground.

Fall loosened both his shoulders, the massive shields strapped to his arms moving with him without any effort on his part it seems. One quickly popped back up and tried to hit his unprotected chest, only to be met with a thick wall of steel. 

Fall moved quicker than could be expected from a person wielding two shields, blocking the thorn One had and shoving him back again. For all of his strength, One didn't have the integrity to dent or break through steel. The two continue to fight, each member of the duel now caught up in their own battle.

The battle went on for another minute before One began to receive warnings, his body beginning to lose cohesion and drip into a puddle. Bringer saw him beginning to deform out of the corner of his eye. Although he would have liked to wait longer to use it, he activated his own ability.

Announcement
Status of War Bringer
Class: Inventor 2 Blade Dancer 1
Skills: Improved Scan, Learning Aura
Abilities: Focus Mode, Innovation Creation, Blade Dance (Enter a state of hyper awareness, during this state you are able to flow around attacks and find the weak points of your enemies more easily)
Statuses: Blade Dancing
Stats follow below
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 14
Intelligence: 12
Endurance: 10
Wisdom: 10
Luck: 0
Notes: All around average, stats of ten are considered the average, so you're healthy. Your intelligence is your second highest score, behind your dexterity, which as a Blade Dancer is very important

When he activated his ability, mixing it with his focus mode as well, he began to feel much calmer. He began to increase his speed, striking at Blade more and more. Blade, for his part, continued to hold on, but was noticeably pressured by him.

Bringer saw an opening, stabbing his blade forward towards his opponents neck, switching sides with his swing to hit. Bringer was stopped however, as he was suddenly lifted up. Blade himself panted, his sword buried deep inside of Bringer's stomach as he was lifted up off the ground before being kicked off. Bringer hit the ground, shaking, his avatar was in a state of pain, forcefully turning off both of his abilites.

"You know, for how much skill you gained right then, you should've won. You have never actually fought before though have you? Well, neither have I let's be honest, I've never fought like my life depended on it" Blade walked over and stomped on his chest, holding his sword to the alien's neck "I have actual practice though" he said, watching as there were signs Bringer was being logged out. He didn't want to kill him, seemed like a waste.

Wolf couldn't take it anymore, seeing One beginning to falter under Fall's continued pushing and blocking, as well as Bringer being felled by one clean stab from Blade. He jumped around and opened his mouth to howl, hoping to revive One, he manages to get the ability off, but an arrow hits his avatar's back. Wolf falls to the side, logged out by one crossbow bolt piercing his spine.

Announcement
Status of War Wolf
Class: Magician 1 Pack Alpha 2
Skills: Spellcasting, Pack Strategist (You are more easily able to distinguish easy ways for a large group to infiltrate or attack a single point. Be it a person or a location. These sorts of calculations are done by the system)
Abilities: Howl of The Alpha (Revive a fallen ally by howling loudly, unless they are clearly dead or badly badly wounded. This ability cooldown is a function of your wisdom stat), Telekinesis (Being an Ursus Lupine you are able to use your mind to communicate, and lift your own body. This can also be used to 'wield' objects you are touching as if you had hands, or more easily move things in your mouth)
Magic: You know ember, snowflake, static, thunder snap, acid flick, poison flick, mend minor cut, create minor cut, and minor miracle.
Statuses: None
Stats follow below
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 12
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Wisdom: 14
Luck: 0
Notes: All around average, stats of ten are considered the average, so you're healthy. Your intelligence lets you cast arcane spells, while wisdom lets you cast holy spells. As a magician, you cast a bit of both, but you've put all your points into wisdom, meaning you're very good at casting holy spells and healing.

One felt the healing of Wolf's howl rush through him as Fall tried to attack him one more time, he quickly moved down, dispersing into a puddle that moved over to Bringer. "Come on! This is not how we are going down is it?" He asked, sounding annoyed as he grabbed Bringer's hand with his puddle, and began to cover him.

Blade quickly stepped back when the Evogoo began to cover Bringer, surprised at One deciding to do that. Bringer was slowly brought up, strings forming on his body as One moved him. Bringer at this point was logged out, clearly unconscious. That didn't stop One from lifting his weapon with a jerky motion "Come on!" the goo like player said "We aren't dead yet!" he taunted, before forcefully pulling Bringer forward.

Blade blocked the attack, though watched in, somewhat horror as Bringer's hand was bent at a wrong angle. Lightforms didn't have bones to break, but he was sure he would have heard a crack as it twisted like that. He pushed his body back while both of his own allies came up to his side. One chuckled, snapping the hand back into a normal place while controlling his fallen comrade. Things just got a little more complicated.


Announcement

So, um, can anyone guess what the 'Evogoo' was 'inspired by?' I mean it's not very subtle about it. In any case, here's the chapter for tonight. I know it's a bit shorter than usual, and I mean I can't really explain it that it was too difficult to write. Fun fact about how I handle this story though, I copy the status of all the players from the main three, and then edit it to fit the character. Since every player has to have at least one level of the basic classes.

I also planned to introduce 'super class fusions' in this chapter, but decided it was kind of dumb and complicated. It would have been that a class fusion occurred when two classes had a documented case of them being fused together. Like someone mixing arcane power with martial prowess to create a Blade Dancer/Singer.

This chapter also introduced the idea of racial class levels. In order for this to be a thing, there are two criteria. One, the race must be something far from 'human' and two, their abilities need to be something wholly unique and not have an actual class associated with them. War Wolf fits the first criteria, being a wolf, but the reason he can't take racial levels (beyond deciding not to), is that there does exist 'telekinetic fighters' so there is no actual reason to hone his own race's abilities, as there area already ways to improve it. Warring One fits because he is not human, at all, and that his race is unique enough in it's functions and powers that no class exists that is actually centered around the abilities it provides.

Anyway this was a long ending message, have a goodnight or a good day. Sleep well or live well today. Thank you for reading the newest chapter of my story.

5