Chapter 2 – Situation Goes Ugly
398 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Most of my works are at https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13617550/42/Celestina-Shoukan and I'm trying to push as best as I could. Also, I might have to delay some of the progress considering I'm now occupied with a University class.

I want to continue my original story, but I need to rebuild everything from scratch while the plot remains the same as it is.

My Patreon is: https://www.patreon.com/LOURIE054
My Discord is: https://discord.gg/Unfuz8q

For Discord, I'm in the middle of rebuilding it.

Central Calendar, 10th April 1523, Morning

Almost five months ago, Celestina was transferred from another world. They immediately contacted with Qua-Toyne Principality, Quila Kingdom, and Tibetain Principality to make a diplomatic relationship with Celestina. After the relationship was made, the Qua-Toyne government immediately receive a dramatic change that will be written in history as the fastest change at that time.

Byade, Sahara, Mechania, and Studia Territory requesting additional food resources, but, Qua-Toyne, who can supply it for themselves includes their farms, willing to fulfill them. Quila Kingdom becomes a primary destination for Celestina’s adventurers who went dispatched from Celestina to do a subjugation and digging new resources. While for Tibetain, they lend the technology to earn the highest quality materials once Mechania manages to earn a sample and how they process the wool material and warm clothes. The adventurers are also dispatched to explore an unexplored region at Tibetain.

Celestina gives a lot of technology to fasten the shipment and resource efficiency such as infrastructure – for example, linking major towns with more smooth road, the road that was more advanced than just rocks, and distribution system that goes fast and massive such as Sage Railroad and the train that can be operated with magic and technology.

Despite they have been requesting many technologies from Celestina, Sacchtio discuss the matters with the Local Council that contains eight selected members that were chosen by the citizens and based on the consideration of the Main Council. The final decision is, they will be using “Technology Outflow Configuration on The New World” as they do on the other world during their expedition. The suggestion of exporting arsenals was also requested, but Feena already makes a move ahead by upgrading the arsenals and equipment of the Three Kingdoms that can be used by their technology, but also compatible with Celestina’s technology. For modern and futuristic weapons, Celestina denied all of it due to them wants to create their own new arsenals while Celestina will only help to develop them. It gives the military chance to present the new design and testing out every prototype before it can be handed over to Celestina.

The technology shared was commonly also used for daily life on these three Kingdoms. Plenty of clean water access (They have the technology but cannot be made on a large scale), technology to light the darkness that feels like noon, and several electric tools, AI system for job efficiency, gas, and warm water… the daily life standard there increased considerably.

The technology has yet to be present for four months but based on the agreements between Celestina and the Three Kingdoms, they work together to equalize daily life technology. The merchants are also stunned once they saw the sample and all of them are willing to cooperate with Celestina. Of course, for this Celestina needs to wait for the next year to see what kind of technology they can bring in.

“The product from a Country known as Celestina is very beautiful…! They are clearly above all Three Major Civilizations! We might be able to surpass their life standards!”

But, talking to his secretary, Prime Minister Tanaka is more thinking about the impact on his country. He was thinking about Qua-Toyne's future considering Celestina’s citizen composition.

“Hmm… According to this report, it is said that twenty percent of Celestina Citizens are Military Personnel, and almost the entire civilians are all adventurers. Even so, we’re lucky that they are the country that loves adventure and prioritize diplomacy. The Main Council also has a career in the military, and fighting them with their technology is surely frighten us.”

“I also feel grateful despite little disappointment. Even they do not want to export arsenals to us, at least they make something that makes our weapons becomes more powerful. If we have their technology, we can handle the threat from Louria.”

On a slightly satisfied expression, Tanaka stares at the view of the sunset.


Celestina Empire, Capital of Sahara Territory, Jehanna, Imperial Palace Sahara, Shiela Synclaire's Office Room

Celestina’s weather season at that time is in Spring. The coordination with Natunia territory led by Cecilia Keyron makes Shiela think a little bit harder. The wyverns owned by Celestina have a top speed of 500km/h and they can only be mounted by Shock Trooper above.

To learn more further, she has to borrow some books about dragon from Alicia. She wants to catch as many Wyvern as possible to be handed over to Studia, Alicia’s governmental territory to study it. In the discussion with the Main Council as well, they will only use Wyvern and Dragon for Wyvern Catch Military Operation.

Shiela is using her signature uniform on duty. The blue dress that she used daily with the addition of some fabric lining made from leather on her shoulder. On her shoulder and neck, it has four-star embedded, indicating her rank was General. All the Main Council members are ranked Admiral, except for Sacchito who worn a Fleet Admiral rank. Even so, Sacchito refuses to wear a five-star rank on his shoulder as he wants to keep wearing a four-star rank.

“So, how do we can catch it…?”

Shiela’s adjutant is also a female. She had a beautiful elf body wearing a daily dark blue military uniform. With her black hair contrast to Shiela’s green hair, with the addition of the emblem of Red Wings and War Maidens Squadron embedded on her right chest. The golden flower on her neck indicates that she was a Lieutenant Colonel or Commander in the Navy. Her 23 years old listed her as the youngest adjutant in the War Maidens Squadron unit Sahara under Shiela’s command. While she’s an adjutant for Shiela, she also lead the 5th Cavalry Battalion “Blue Stallion”.

“If I may suggest, we can use Eleugy, Light Corvette Carrier that often used by Your Majesty.”

“Eleugy, huh? We need to study the Wyverns in this world, Miranda. It if was us, we won’t be able to send wyverns to the sea without Carrier designed for Wyvern.”

“Furthermore, based on the Main Council’s decision like we have been discussed before to restrain our strength, we should use the Corvette Warship level for the air. For Navy, we can plead to use on Heavy Destroyers for offense or Medium Cruiser for air defense.”

They have to know about this world further and they won’t use their technology as simple as that. Furthermore, some Kingdom may possess the threat that makes them need to deploy the Carrier be it Air or Navy for military operation. For subjugation purposes, they will leave it entirely for the adventurers unless the Celestina military needs them for a specific mission.

For the ODP or Orbital Defense Platform itself, the operational was dropped considerably. Feena discovered that the Orbital Elevator was destroyed when they transferred from their homeworld. Untuk they can find a way to transport personnel and supplies from space to land efficiently, they will just to construct the Orbital Elevator up to the barrier between the atmosphere and outer space. The rest will be delivered by the aircraft specialized in logistics to reach its destination.

After reading some books she borrows from Alicia, Shiela then makes a decision. She hopes this decision at least can be a challenge for her unit.

“Miranda, please inform Cecilia on Natunia. We will conduct a test of Wyvern flight without a carrier on the sea, and we also need to cooperate with Alicia and Feena to develop a magic concealment technology and detection adjustment. For Capturing the Wyvern, we will deploy Snipers to take the rider down and we will capture the Wyvern.”

“As you command.”

Getting out of the Office, Miranda immediately collects what she needs and delivers the message along with preparing her Battalion. Shiela herself continue reading Celestina's maps.


Rouden Kingdom, Capital Jin-Hark, Hark Castle, Kingdom Council

On the Louria Kingdom, it's on the spring with the moonlight that shines quite bright in the sky of the night. The torch lighting the darkroom where the future of the country is being discussed in front of the King.

“Your Majesty, the preparation has been completed.”

A man don with silver armor is kneeling in front of the King while giving his report. He’s a male with black mustache-goatee while his age is around late 30’s and his muscular building can be seen despite he’s wearing his armor. It was General Karn.

“We will face three countries. Can we win?”

The 21st King of Louria, thirty-year one years old Hark Louria ask him.

“One of them is just a peasant, one of them is a farmer, while another is worse, a people that can’t farm on the barren land. Even so, with a lot of demi-human lives with them, we can’t be defeated.”

“Chancellor, do you have any information regarding Celestina, the country who contact us last month?”

Celestina also reaches Louria, but because they already made a diplomatic relationship with the three countries and the composition of the civilian who also have a demi-human living together such as Neko, Werewolf, Valkyrie, Elf, they are considered as an enemy and rejected.

Celestina is located one thousand and two hundred kilometers to the North-East from Qua-Toyne Principality. Because they are too far, they cannot imagine that they got a large impact on us. However, things that worried us is their expression when we show them the Wyvern we possess. The expression looks like they already own it. Other than that, we do not have more information about Celestina.”

Yar Louria at first was concerned, but at least he can still relax. Because of the long-distance, they can’t send wyverns and he expects that their Wyvern’s strength was weaker than Louria’s Wyvern. While the air bombing cannot defeat his cavalry alone, and without proper handling to fight against wyvern surely will damage the enemy’s morale.

“I see… Look at this, soon we will unite the entire Rodenius. My mind will kill every last one of that terrifying demi-human which gave me more spirit.”

“Your Majesty, the union could be imminent, but don’t forget your promise. Heh heh…” The black-coated person reminds the King with a chilling whisper.

“Of course not!!” He reply it with anger.

(Tch. They’re just stupid barbarians that is not even the part of the three Major Civilization. After Rodenius is under our control, Fillades is next.)

“General, outline our strategy!”

“As you command! Our personnel is numbered six hundred thousand. For this Campaign, we will dispatch four hundred and fifty thousand men to Qua-Toyne while the rest will defend the mainland.

In the Qua-Toyne border, there is a town, Gim, with a population of less than a hundred thousand. We will conquer that place first. There are fields and farms all over the places at Qua-Toyne, so we will be able to obtain the supply locally.

Once we take over Gim, we will advance two hundred fifty kilometers east, towards the capital Qua-Toyne and pressure them with our numerical advantage. Compared to our country, they do not have a fortress in each town. If we can surround it, we can quickly deplete their supply. Then, we can retaliate their wyvern with our wyverns.

At the same time, we will mobilize the fleet of five thousand ships to the north, and land on the port town Mayhark to take over their commercial field.  Because Quila relies heavily on food from Qua-Toyne, after we stop the trade from Mayhark, we can also capitulate them. Then, Tibetain economy will also crumble once we close their trading route.

Next, about Qua-Toyne troops, they only have troops at the most sixty thousand personnel, but with fast mobilization, they can only muster up to ten thousand. Every crafty plan they made can be overwhelmed by our sheer force.

Finally, the eight years of plan will come to fruition!”

“Is that so… hah hah hah, HAHAHAHA!!! This will be the best day for me! The world will accept our war against Qua-Toyne, Tibetain, and Quila!!”

The kingdom’s palace was immediately cheered about it.


Qua-Toyne Principality, Celestina Embassy

“…So, based on what you're thought, if we go to war against Louria, we won’t be able to export the fixed required amount that we’ve agreed on to your country.”

The large camp of Louria soldiers was seen gathered in the border of Louria – Qua-Toyne. Qua-Toyne, predicted that the war will begin, is visiting Celestina Embassy to explain about the situation. The Foreign Ministry Affairs Official, Frederick Delauge, can only think when hearing this.

After Celestina was suddenly transferred to the New World, and really in the difficult situation to maintain the contact with their homeland planet, St. Celestina. Celestina Main Council gives the order to the Foreign Affairs: Obtain as much as possible for knowledge and utilize the available commodities for everyone’s benefit and report to Studia for documentation. Luckily, Qua-Toyne Principality got plenty of barn and rich of fertile soil even Alicia visits personally due to the quality of the raw materials that were above Celestina with a purpose to study it directly. The relationship between both countries is also important to make sure they can continue their daily activities without any interference.

Furthermore, Celestina’s good luck is far from over. Quila Kingdom is a gold mine and can supply what Mechania and Studia needed. In terms of resources, Celestina can solve multiple problems for supplies.  Even the mining has yet to begin, Mechania can still utilize the available stock when transferring to the New World except for some materials that can be only made exclusively from Celestina such as Sage Ore. Feena herself leads the expeditionary group to find rare resources that they can mine, while Alicia dispatch an expeditionary group to study the new resources component. For Tibetain Principality, Alicia has already dispatched scientists to study geography. The weather makes her wants to study every weather basis there.

But suddenly, Qua-Toyne stated that these important resources could be put to an end. If that happens, Celestina must find another to fill in their resources once again. Even they can import from their original world, however, due to the limitation of their fleet and the establishment of the portal has yet to be completed, Celestina could fell into the economic crisis for the first time after one hundred fifty years where they keep their economy on surplus.

“Is there anything we can do? If the import was interrupted, Celestina could suffer losses.”

“We understand and sympathy for your predicament. But, the Louria Kingdom is a strong country. We’ve already received a report from witnesses that they gather their military strength on the border. Should the war starts, we have no choice but to abandon several towns and villages. In that situation, it will be difficult to maintain a deal about the resources.

If you are willing to lend us aid, we will be very helpful.”

“In Celestina, we can dispatch to help any country that forms a partnership with us. For the military support, I need to report it directly to the Main Council to receive guidance and instructions.”

“In that case. Please inform us should your country is willing to help us. We will be very grateful once again if you decide to assist us.”

Frederick immediately contacts Regnieburg, Celestina Main Capital to inform the current situation.


Celestina Calendar, 15th April 224, Regnieburg, Public Council Audience Room

“So, that’s the current situation we’re facing with.”

The presentation made by ambassadors from Qua-Toyne, Tibetain, and Quila makes those who are present at the meeting think about it. From all of the Main Council who are present, Feena, Alicia, Maya, Sofya, and Freya are present using their holograms that looked very similar to their original appearances. The media also did not stop taking pictures from every moment that happens at the meeting.

“If Qua-Toyne falls, then the other two countries should also fall. Shiela, have you prepare the necessary units?”

Hearing that, Shiela’s adjutant, Miranda Hood raises her hand and start talking. Giving what she can offer, they already prepare it.

“Everything was prepared according to Grand Duchess Shiela. Based on the current situation, we can deploy two Light Corvette Carrier Dragon-class, Eleugy, and Donderblow. These Corvette Carrier will accommodate the opponents' Wyverns that we will capture and handed it over to Studia to study it to comply with Grand Duchess Alicia’s request.

For Wyvern dispatches, I have prepared two Company of Snipers from 1st Animal Handler Corps to takedown the riders and 2nd Company Animal Handler from 5th Battalion “Blue Stallion” to target the Wyverns and convince it to go with us without fighting.”

Hearing that, Sacchito thinks for a moment. Alicia’s purpose was to study Wyvern in this world and she wants to capture as many Wyvern as possible. He finally approve her proposal after discussing it with fellow Main Councils.

“I will approve this proposal with several notes. First, ensure Eleugy and Donderblow are outside the line of sight. Second, prepare Red Wings 1st and 3rd Section from Blue Stallion as a reserve to calm the Wyverns inside the Corvette. Then, for the ground operations, we will deploy the 4th Artillery Regiment from the 1st Shock Troopers Division for immediate suppression once they pile themselves up at Gim.”

Feena than makes an immediate proposal for the Navy, “For the Navy. I will deploy one Halcyon-class Light Missile Cruiser for anti-air and each two Combat-class Corvette for light, medium, and heavy to fight against five thousand ships. Of course, we will use technology mode to conceal our presence.”

“Add one Destroyer to draw them and give the first retaliation shot.” Sachi didn’t want either Corvette or Cruiser to lure the Louria’s fleet out. He originally planned to use Assault-class Destroyer, one of Celestina’s prized Warships that can attack on both sea and land, but he needs the right moment to deploy it.

Freya immediately added and propose herself to participate, “For defense anticipation, I myself and Maya will bring the rest of the 1st Shock Troopers Division to fortify the defenses around the border of Louria, Tibetain, and Quila. We will also observe movements from Quila and Tibetain to ensure no spies infiltrate from Louria.”

 “We will depart tomorrow. I will observe the battle directly from Eleugy myself.” Shiela close the meeting and the people who attend it along with the diplomats were satisfied since not even one week after Frederick reports it, Celestian decides to make their first military operation. This answer alone makes the diplomat from Qua-Toyne, Tibetain, and Quila satisfied and happy when Celestina decides to help them in a military operation. When Celestina ask for the clearance to establish their base of operations, they were given full clearance on every unused field and all terrains as the base of operations.


Celestina Empire, 18th April, Morning, East of Gim, Royal Defender 2nd Battalion Command Post

“Prepare it there!”

“Move it!! Move it!!”

“Install it there and there!! I want those barriers installed in two hours!!”

“Yes, sir!!”

“Attention!!”

The soldiers on the base immediately stops when the superior arrives. She wears a blue Priestess Uniform but with more royalty attire, akin to an Archbishop. She was escorted by four Royal Guardsman that was assigned from Navea Royal Guardsman 1st Corps. Royal Defender 2nd Battalion also serves as a part of Navea Royal Guardsman 1st Corps, their primary role is the outdoor guardsman for Sofya Viltaria, the Grand Duchess of Childre while for the 1st Battalion, their role is for indoor guardsman or palace guardsman.

Sofya led the 1st and 2nd Royal Defender Battalion from Navea, Capital of Childre personally to ensure the safety of border town, Gim. Prime Minister Tanaka has already given full clearance for Celestina to establish their base so they can provide security over Gim and to ensure the citizens are evacuated. However, based on intelligence received, the assault force is likely going to attack within a week.

When the council decides to send reinforcements to Gim, initially it was the 4th Artillery Regiment alone. However, Sofya took initiative by sending Royal Defender 1st and 2nd Battalion while the 4th Artillery Regiment was scheduled to arrive tomorrow after the portal was finished and ready to send in units. The base construction, located 7km east of Gim City is currently on the finishing phase. Thanks to the rapid deployment and magicians, the base that was scheduled to be done in a week can be done in less than 3 days. Of course, this excludes airstrip since making airstrip will takes more time.

However, since all of Celestina’s Air Force and Starfighters are using VTOL technology, the runway seems not going much a problem for now. For logistics, they utilize the Magic Bag to carry supplies and necessary items for the base. While for the constructions, they use mages to set up land foundation, then using mage specialized in materialization to create necessary materials to build the base of operations. Engineers support them by installing an electric grid and wires along with a solar panel system to obtain power from the sun. They also construct a portal linked directly to the 1st Shock Troopers Division Headquarters stationed at Rawley Territory for faster supply and without needing of using ships to send supplies and materials.

“Keep prepare everything and stay vigilant. We have to make sure the barriers are ready to be deployed by the time the Louria Army is here.”

“Yes, Ma’am!”

Her personnel continues to work on establishing the barrier device while Sofya has to make sure the entire Gim can be covered by the time the barrier is deployed. The operation needs to be done covertly and installed under clandestine operation.


Central Calendar, 20th April 1523, morning, near the border between Louria and Qua-Toyne.

Louria Kingdom, East Conquest Army Command Tent

There is a lot of communication from Qua-Toyne Foreign Affairs to withdraw its troops from the border. They do not respond. The war is about to begin, and it cannot be stopped.

“Tomorrow, Gim will fall.”

General Pandor is leading the advanced army numbered forty thousand strong to take over Gim, 25.000 infantry, 7.000 heavy infantry, 4.000 cavalries, 2.000 specialist soldiers, 1.000 guerrilla soldiers, 400 animal tamer, 400 mages, and 200 wyvern rider. Even he possesses a lot of infantry, a squadron consist of ten wyvern riders was capable of handling 10.000 infantry.

Pandor smiles when he oversees his troops. Wyverns are expensive weapons. Even he can collect the entire contingent, 300 wyverns could be reachable. But, with the war against Qua-Toyne, there are a total of 700 Wyvern participated. There’s a rumor that they receive assistance from the Papaldia Empire, the country on Fillades, and a member of Third Civilization. Even the rumors are baseless except for Celestina who already verifies the intel through Zealot Intelligence Team, Pandor is still happy with the power of 200 Wyverns that was overwhelming for the initial attack.

“What should we do with the loot from Gim?”

Lieutenant General Ardem calls for him. He’s a ruthless knight. Louria has conquered multiple small countries on a routine expansion, and rumor about exploitation on the occupied territory is not something that people will look away.

“I will leave in the hands of looting to you, Lieutenant-General.”

“Sir. But, there is a report that bothers me.”

“What is it?”

He points to position somewhere a little deep from Qua-Toyne border, he receives a report that was quite bothering.

“Three days ago, the scouts report that there is some activity somewhere around 6 to 8km East of Gim. Going further into it is also difficult since the next day itself, they can’t even infiltrate Qua-Toyne Border further or even peeking from Gim to get a closer look.”

“Hah… They could be making a supply base. Take it as much as you wish for.”

“As you command.”

Ardem bows and then barks to give the order to his subordinates.

“Looting on Gim is allowed, do as you wish. You can also have fun with the girls there, but don’t forget to dispose of them once you’re done. Tell that to all personnel.”

“Yes, sir!”

When his personnel was about to exit the tent, Ardem stops them.

“Wait! In that case, we will make a fun moment, leave a hundred people live to spread fear and panic. If you can get their family who works as a soldier at Gim, make their death as brutal as possible.”

Commanding them to spread fear… Ardem is surely thinks like a monster. With that thought, his subordinates leave the Command Tent to give the order.

5