Chapter 3 – Operation: Defense of The Three Kingdoms – The Beginning of the Invasion
224 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Although the Discord is not completed, feel free to join.

Discord: https://discord.gg/Unfuz8q

Celestina Empire, 1523, 21st April Morning, border between Quila, Louria, and Tibetain. 1st Shock Troopers Division Command Headquarters

"Looks like they are after Qua-Toyne, not without reason. If Qua-Toyne falls, then the rest should also follow."

A short blonde-haired girl is sitting, drinking her tea, so is the 1st Division on the Base of Operations. She uses a Warlock dress made of two fabrics that covered her upper body but exposed her belly. She also wears long pants, but with some hole on the waist where a small chain covered it. She looks like around twenty-one years old, but her actual age was over six hundred years old because of Eternal Age Blessing.

"Qua-Toyne turns out is the treasure of resources, not to mention main food sources for Tibetain and Quila. No wonder Louria concentrate the attack there."

A white-haired girl wearing a white breastplate with long pants comments about it. She also relaxes drinking her tea while they keep an eye on an update from Louria's front line.

The blonde-haired girl is Freya Luminaire while the white-haired girl that extends down to the waist is Maya Lyliat. Some high-ranked Officer also observe the battlefield on Gim through the hologram screen. But, if reconsidering about what happened, Freya and Maya predict that Louria will not attack Quila or Tibetain due to the terrain that can bring disadvantages to them. Equipments, logistics, and stamina becomes a decision why Qua-Toyne was targeted first.

But, by taking over Qua-Toyne, both countries will suffer a long-term effect. Trading becomes harder, and Louria will continue to make a blockade until they surrender.

"Nya… Should we launch the attack directly to Louria?"

The one who said that was the adjutant of Freya Luminaire, Sasha Sylwinder. She was originated from a beast woman cat race that was famous for its cuteness, and the kicking power that was considered one of the most powerful attack on the Empire. She wear standard white clothes that covered her breasts and a black short with Shuriken accessories on her waist. The silver eagle emblem on her left waist indicates that she was a Colonel. She also relaxes with Freya and Maya.

"I don't think we will attack right now. If they do really want to attack Gim and kill that beastman like you, it will give us a reason to attack them."

"Nya, so is it possible for us to launch the attack once Grand Duchess Shiela and Commander Miranda drive them back from Gim?"

Freya finishes her tea, "We shall see it later."

The soldiers of Tibetain and Quila that was on station there saw how amazing is the 1st Shock Troopers Division. With the strength of ten thousand from fifteen thousand personnel, they can conquer Rodenius easily just by looking at how advanced their equipment is. Even against the Papaldia Empire that was famous for being a superpower country also doesn't need to use all of its strength.

The mage stationed there sense the magic power of each Shock Troopers, Red Wings, and War Maidens Squadron soldiers was huge. The magic flow from them is really steady and always in control at all times, even when they saw Freya and Maya exits from their tent to do some practice for the troops, they can sense more enormous power from them.

"Alright, all of you cadets! Prepare for another drill!"

"Yes, Ma'am!"

"C-Cadets?!"

They look dumbfounded as the Division was merely a cadets? Looking at how they are lined up, the majority of Shock Troopers and all of the Red Wings are lined up to receive their drill. Looking closer, the rank of Red Wings and War Maidens Squadron embedded on each personnel are at least Second Lieutenant or Ensign. Some Shock Troopers also held an Officer rank, but the major differences are the badges.

The 1st Shock Trooper Division consists of

· 77th Helljumpers Regiment

· 3rd and 4th Artillery Regiment

· Red Wings 10th, 11th, and 12th Battalion

· War Maidens Squadron 101st and 102nd Company

The division alone was famous for being a part of "Battle Group Rookie" and one of the most deployed units to the front line. Also, the 1st Shock Trooper Division was infamous of being the "Cadet Division" due to personnel, mainly over half of Helljumpers and the entire Red Wings personnel are Cadets to the higher level.

The regular personnel can take a promotion task into Shock Trooper personnel. The Shock Trooper personnel can take a promotion task into the Red Wings personnel, and the Red Wings personnel can take a promotion task into War Maidens Squadron. There is no hierarchy for each level but the higher level they get, the more privilege and position they will earn.

Being a part of War Maidens Squadron personnel means they will be serving directly under the command of the War Maidens or the Main Council itself. It's the most elite unit on Celestina's military.

Several Quila and Tibetain soldiers enjoy the ride offered by Celestina's personnel who are not part of the cadets to the higher level. The cadets are under the drills as Freya and Maya supervise the drills made by the War Maidens Squadron Officers. They felt the comfort offered by Celestina while some also wishes to join Celestina's Army. They were given choices, either to stay on this world or going into Celestina's mainland once Celestina returns to their home planet.


Qua-Toyne Principality, 18 kilometers east of the border, Gim City

Central Calendar, 21st April, Morning

West Garrison, base of 1st and 2nd Dragoon Squadron

The captain of the Western Garrison, Temuji from the beastman dogman tribe felt anxious.

The western garrison totaled 3.000 personnel consists of 300 archers, 700 heavy infantry, 300 cavalry, 200 light cavalry, 36 dragons, 40 mage and the rest are infantries.

Celestina send reinforcements of 4th Artillery Regiment and they only installed 50 Juggernaut Walker and 25 105mm Pounder for fire support. Their base is 7km east of Gim and is on standby.

Qua-Toyne has plenty of soldiers that can be sortied anytime due to the constant full alert, but the enemy on their sight exceeds their expectations. Furthermore, their request to communicate was clearly ignored by Louria Army.

Some people, especially from western Gim have begun their evacuation. Royal Defender 1st, 2nd Battalion and some of 4th Artillery Regiment personnel are also preparing their defensive line. Despite the Qua-Toyne government has just issued the evacuation order, Celestina went ahead and takes initiative to evacuate the citizens before the news reaches Gim's citizen.

"Are there no contact from Louria?" Temuji ask the mage that was working on the communication.

"Our message reaches them, however, we have not received a response from them. I can only conclude that they clearly ignore our communication attempts."

With small differences, the best strategy is to take a detour. But with a situation like this, it will be a slaughter. How is he going to make it out from this alive?

"What the HQ said about our request? I still doubt about Celestina reinforcements here."

"We've tried to contact them, but HQ said that Celestina has already sent reinforcements and preparing the defensive line on Gim."

"That reinforcements are too little! What were they thinking!? Gim will fall if we do not receive reinforcements from the capital!"

On the town, each sniper and spotter team are going into each of their positions. They take a position for each rooftop or high building that they can get.

"Section 1 ready!"

"Section 2 ready!"

"Section 3 ready!"

The snipers from the 4th Artillery Regiment are separated into 10 Sections and reporting in that the snipers are in position. One of the Commanding Officer then informs Eleugy.

"Eleugy, the western town of Gim has been fully evacuated."

"Roger. We're on the process of extracting the observer before sending the wyverns there."


Ejey Fortress, 70km from the border

Eleugy and Donderblow, both are Corvette Light Carrier taking position 20km east of Ejey Fortress. General Nou who was stationed at Ejey Fortress as the military commander receives a request letter to be an observer aboard Eleugy. Before that, he read the letter about the reinforcements dispatched by Celestina.

Celestina has dispatched the reinforcements of the 4th Artillery Regiment consists of 50 Juggernaut Walkers and 25 105mm Pounder along with one thousand ground personnel. They have asked for an observer to join on Eleugy Light Carrier and witness on how Celestina will deal with them.

The letter itself makes General Nou quite upset. However, considering how Celestina aiding them in developing the technology, he got a feeling that he doesn't need to defend Ejey Fortress.

"Prepare the escorts! I will join them!"

"Sir!"


Five Minutes Later

General Nou with four guards are prepared to depart and he saw the metallic object approaching them and turned around before the hatch opens. Three military personnel exits the aircraft to welcome them.

"Welcome! We're from Eleugy have come to pick you up!"

The wind pressure was immediately dispersed when the unknown object is holding position on hover mode. Without wasting time, all of them on board, and when the aircraft departs from Ejey Fortress, the hatch is also closed. The seat was very comfortable and there was not much vibration when flying towards Eleugy. Once the destination was in sight, the pilot opens the door and invite them to join the pilot deck.

"If you wish to see the ship used by us, please come."

General Nou and the four escorts did not believe what they have seen. The size of the ship doesn't make sense at all. When he receives a report about Celestina make a contact with Qua-Toyne, the Navy reports that there are ships with a length of over 200 meters, but in that time he felt like the report was absurd. Furthermore, these two Dragon-class Light Corvette Carrier were holding position ten thousand feet above the ground. Nosrtam's mouth is wide open when he saw the majestic ship.

(Their ship is huge! Furthermore, there are more advanced wyverns that were ready for this task. I can't believe it that this ship can hold many wyverns in it. You can even threaten the enemy with this. The ship's worth can be really up high! Let's not talk about ground, even sea, and the skies itself they can still launch the operation.)

Utilizing the profile of the ship, it reveals the basic specification.

· Dragon-class Corvette Light Carrier

· Length, width, height: 250.2m x 120.6m x 70.4m

· Mass: 205.000 metric ton

· Propulsion: 2 Primary Repulsor Engine AS-3, 4 Secondary Repulsor Engine AS-4

· Manufacturer: Forestry Special Assembly

Capable of launching 30 wyverns each minute, Eleugy, Donderblow, and other Dragon-class Corvettes are designed to house dragons and wyverns. Designed to ensure the comfort like they are at their nest, these Wyverns are very calm while flying around both Corvettes. Additionally, there are six Fighter jet that they never seen it at the top of the deck.

Disembarking from the aircraft, what's inside the deck is made them dumbfounded as the size of the hangar alone itself was fitted as a training field for a Regiment size.

What is this… made from iron? How did this thing can fly even they are not moved at all? Nou's question doesn't end there and nor his escorts. Guided by the pilot that transport them, they are being guided somewhere. Inside the ship was very bright. Is it something on fire? Or they are using light magic? Does all part of the ship was run by magic?

Finally, Nou and the escorts arrive at the Bridge.

"Greetings. I'm Grand Duchess Shiela Synclaire's adjutant, Commander Miranda Hood."

"Observer from Qua-Toyne Principality, Commander Ejey Fortress, my name is General Nou. We are very grateful for your reinforcements under these circumstances."

Shiela was currently preparing herself to wear equipment suitable for high-speed travel on Command Deck. She then meets up with Miranda and Nou.

"Thank you for coming. I'm Grand Duchess of Sahara, Shiela Synclaire. Miranda, I will leave the Command Deck here for you."

"Ma'am!"

Shiela leaves the deck while Miranda gave Nou's group an explanation through a Holotable. When it turned on, they were surprised as the map was revealed on the Holotable can be manipulated by her as she please. The position of Eleugy, Donderblow, and the 4th Artillery Regiment along with Royal Defender 1st and 2nd Battalion is also being given a detailed layout.

"Let's get this up to speed then. We're here around 50 kilometers from Gim. The current personnel dispatches are forty thousand personnel with 200 Wyvern Rider. They are now on preparing the attack on Gim and we will buy time as long as we could."

"Buying time? For what?"

"To lure their Navy to attack Mayhark first. Our Navy is ready to deploy and destroy them. Also, under the command of Grand Duchess Alicia Permeal, we will capture as many Wyvern as possible for study. So, for the battle that was lasted for a couple of days, we will be stationed above Ejey Fortress. For the battle itself, we can see the live feed from the front line."

"So, you guys are not sending this ship into the front line?"

"Rest assured. We will not be going to the front line. Take a relax until we can repel them. We plan to decimate them with artillery once the enemy gathered up to two hundred thousand personnel."

Nou was stunned to look at their intention to battle almost half of the invasion force of Louria and even without relying on cooperation or reinforcements with Western Garrison of Gim.

On the flight deck, Shiela immediately leads one hundred Wyverns to assist on defense in Gim and capturing enemy Wyverns. Each wyverns are mounted by two personnel, one is the rider and one as an animal handler to commandeer enemy wyvern that comes to them.

"I think one hundred should be enough for the start…"

The decks opened and the Wyverns are immediately on a sortie to make an immediate interception, deploying 1st Sniper Company from 1st Animal Handler Corps and 2nd Company Animal Handler from 5th Battalion "Blue Stallion". Once all wyverns departed, Eleugy and Donderblow immediately moves to hold position above Ejey Fortress. While moving, Nou and the others are surprised that they can return to the fortress really fast.


West of Gim City

The Royal Defender 1st and 2nd Battalion, Sofya Viltaria's Honor Guardsman, decides to participate by installing barriers around Gim. The devices known as Shield Generator RAS-M Tier 5 GD-4 Series Town manufactured by Rawley Aegis Security was installed to stop the invading army from advancing. The purpose was to occupy Louria Army as long as possible until Celestina's Navy manage to destroy Louria Navy or the ground troops reaches two hundred thousand. If any Louria soldiers manage to reach before Navy does, then the Artillery will smash them to pieces.

"Grand Duchess! The preparation is complete!"

"Commence the barrier!"

A scout reports that the Louria Army starts advancing.

"They have begun their attack!"

The defense soldiers are immediately on their defense perimeter. On a medical tent, Sofya is tending to the wounded evacuees that were injured because of an accident from the carriage earlier.

When they heard the rumbling sound, it suddenly stops. The wyverns also spit their fire to the town of Gim but the town itself doesn't receive any damage.

"Are we… alive?"

They saw the town didn't receive any damage even multiple fireballs from Wyverns are hitting them again and again. The Louria Army that is trying to enter the city, was unable to pass through the active shield.

Temuji, witnessing the town was protected by shield is surprised by what Celestina Army is doing. He prepares to dispatch the Wyverns to intercept, but it seems it was not necessary. At least he can relax for a while.


Louria Army, four hundred meters from West Gim

First Assault Squad: Forty Thousand soldiers and fifty wyverns

"Attack!"

"UWWOOOOOHHH!"

The soldiers with the aid of wyverns are charging into the town of Gim. Louria's Wyvern increases the rotation of the fireball on its mouth before spitting it into the city and firing it in sync. Surprisingly, their attack didn't do any damage to Gim and the Louria soldiers stopped when they stumbled upon the shield barrier that was deployed by Royal Defender 1st and 2nd Battalion.

"W-What is this!?"

"Mage! Destroy this shield!"

Some mages are using magic disruption, but when they tried again the shield is still there. Taking detour is also impossible since the barrier is covering the entire town and they can't even lay siege on it.

"Damn it! Did they have Great Mage for this?"

Meanwhile, in the air, the Wyverns are flying around the town to find a gap or a way to breach it. From distances, they suddenly spotted a hundred wyverns flying towards them.

"Enemy wyverns attack!"

But, when the Wyvern Commander is about to give the command to attack, he suddenly thrown off from his wyvern and the wyvern itself feels some dizziness temporarily. The soldier next to him was surprised to see the commander has fallen.

"W-What was that!?"

The Wyvern Commander got hit right at its head and the body slams into the barrier, slowly sliding into the west side of Gim. With the fast speed, it needs an excellent sniper to snipe it from the distances from two kilometers.

"Gua…"

"Agh…"

When he felt his death approaches, he sways his head to the left and he can feel something went through the right side of his head. But, during that panic, suddenly the wyverns felt the dizziness and they are immediately flying to the opponent's wyvern regardless it has mounts or not. To make matter worse, the Wyverns won't listen to the rider's command.

"S-stop!"

The citizens of Gim and soldiers stationed on the west garrison witness on how Louria's Wyverns are heading towards Celestina's Wyvern. From Louria's Dragon Rider point of view, what they can see is a different type of Wyvern and it can be mounted by two-person, except for one that was mounted by one person, most likely the Commander.

"W-What!?"

He saw the rider in front is leaping towards him while the other rider is taking the reins. The distances are even around 200 meters and it does reach his back. They immediately took over the vacant Wyvern while those who still got riders are fighting briefly.

"Get off me!"

POW! PUNCH! KA-POWW!

"Guh…"

Knocked out, the boarders holds him and realize that the wyvern starts losing its strength. They decide to use floating magic to lighten the weight of the wyverns and ensure the captured riders are also being escorted back safely.

"Waaah! Look at that!"

"Are they going to attack!?"

"Prepare to retreat!"

Panic spreads on Louria ground soldiers, however, as they were about to withdraw, somehow the enemy wyverns start turning around and retreats due to operational goal reached.

"Whisperer here, we will make our return to Eleugy."

"Roger, Whisperer, Eleugy and Donderblow is ready to take on the wyverns."

The Louria Army fell silent, why they haven't decided to destroy them immediately? Some of them even questioned those things, but instead, they continue to lay siege on Gim. They tried to breach it with many methods, but somehow nothing works so they decide to set up camp around Gim while the scouts are finding a way to search for another way to enter Qua-Toyne Principality.


Ten Minutes Later, Aboard Eleugy

"Confirmed, Whisperer returns bringing enemy Wyverns and surviving Prisoners of War."

The flight deck immediately busy welcoming the new Wyverns. Shiela first land with her Wyverns, followed by Louria's Wyvern, until the last Celestina's Wyverns manage to land safely. The prisoners can't say anything when they already witness two floating ships in the sky. What kind of opponent they were facing? If they can capture Gim, the taste of victory will be very brief since all of them can be crushed so easily.

Their Manacom was also seized and rearranged so Louria Army doesn't know what happened to them.

General Nou was silent when he saw Wyverns from Louria, but he was also impressed by what Celestina did to catch this Wyvern. They catch it perfectly, even the wyverns from Louria did not suffer any wound.

"Confirmed, there are ten prisoners aboard."

"Direct them to the Prisoner Camp on Hopri City."

"Yes, Ma'am!"

They were cuffed and escorted to C02-PC (Prison Carrier) before the aircraft leaves the hangar to Celestina's prison city on Byade, Hopri. After the prisoners were gone, she meets up with Nou.

"We will hold here until the target reached. If you wish also to participate in the battle on the North Rodenius Sea, we will be departing to Mayhark for an immediate capture operation to capture the Wyverns. We have other Carriers that will take the Louria's Wyvern to be sent to Celestina."

"O-of course. Please take us to Mayhark now!"

"We have activated the gravity lift. Please descend here to take your clothes and equipment. Gim's barrier will hold for long, so take your time and relax."

Hearing that, Nou fell into silence. Miranda said that as she was really calm and relax as it feels like they knew their defenses were impenetrable. Furthermore, Celestina can be a superpower and can take control of the whole planet if they are really serious.

Some observers descend through gravity lift and Nou along with his guards as well. They packed up for immediate departure to Mayhark to witness the battle of the Rodenius Sea, outside Mayhark. Once they were ready, both Eleugy and Donderblow turn to the North before they set course to Mayhark to capture more Wyverns.

6