Chapter 9 – Preparation before Operation: Bag and Drag
165 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I will revert it back to where the original NHS belongs. On another site (fanfiction.net,) it will be revamped once I got the free time. Some of the Kingdom will remain as it is, including the additional ones.

Discord: https://discord.gg/Unfuz8q

Two personnel saw Wrangler and the Wyvern fled. His piloting abilities can be comparable to the grade of Red Wings Dragon Rider by Celestina’s personnel, if he can be recruited, he should be able to shoot down the missiles with rifles in hand. Their LFIM-92 Stinger fired by a Celestina soldier is tracking Wrangler with a laser designator, miraculously collided with a metal object, setting off its contact fuze, and explodes before it can hit him.

Wrangler flies to the west. He didn’t understand how the missile didn’t catch him. The charm his wife had given him fell off at some point without him knowing, The magic communications tool was also broken too due to the shockwave.

“Was it… my wife, who saved me?” He muttered.

!!!??

He had an ominous feeling and look up at the sky. A large number of something was flying far above his head, leaving white trails behind them as they raced west at unbelievable speed.


Celestina Imperial Space Command, 1st Shock Troopers Division Headquarters

“They’ve taken the bait…”

They watch a soldiers numbered 150,000 stationed 20km away from their Headquarters. Along with it, is 100 Wyverns. It’s most likely the rest of 150 Wyverns are stationed at the capital. They’ve been stationed there to ensure that the coalition army consists of Celestina, Tibetain, and Quila Army are kept in check.

“Sofya and Feena has done their job really well, I must say. She also dispatch some Medical Corvettes to help them in trauma healing.”

“Trauma damage is… very difficult to heal. Not to mention they also be able to witness the terror in front of their eyes when their comrades are being slaughtered by the 4th Artillery Regiment.”

“We’ve also sent the proposal to the Qua-Toyne government to capture King Louria. If they approve it, we can prepare ourselves to make an Operation: Bag and Drag.”

“So, when it will happen?”

“As soon as the 4th Artillery Regiment make their move.”

“About the king, hmm…”

Freya was curious about what Maya was thinking.

“What do you want with the King?”

“I wonder if I can do several experiments on him…”

Freya smack Maya’s head with her staff. She won’t let her do as her please with HVT (High Valuable Target).

“Hey! I told you before to talk it with Alicia beforehand. Don’t even think about assembling your personnel to conduct a mind-control experiments against the prisoners!”

“Owie…!!”

Then, they saw a hundred wyvern is coming to them. Alicia already instruct them to shoot down on sight, meaning she got what she needed for.

“Alright then.”

Freya assembles the units and Maya also prepares to attack.

“All units!! We will advance to the Louria Capital immediately!! Let’s wipe them out!!”

“Yes, Ma’am!”

The soldiers immediately gears up and the Anti-Aircraft Batteries already swat the Wyverns. They immediately advance to crush the Louria Army and advance towards the capital.


Louria Army, Eastern Subjugation Army

“What happened?!” Lieutenant General Ardem asked angrily.

His subordinates broke out in a cold sweat. Their communications with all 10 of the scout wyverns were cut off by screams. The last one to get through said something about being chased by a fire blast.

“We’re looking into it now…”

“And how, exactly, are you looking into it?! Idiots!”

They all meekly stayed quiet.

“Well, there’s no helping it, right? Just let them do what they can. What about the main army’s escort?” General Pandor interjected.

“We can use all of the remaining wyverns to immediately launch for another investigation.”

“Then what about the ones are being sortied back to the capital? Is there any news from them?”

“The last news is they are heading south to suppress the army at the south before it can regroup here. Since the advance main army had disappeared, we’ve to assume that the enemy got supernatural powers. After all, if we can finish the southern front, we can assemble all of the main force at the east to resume the invasion again.”

“I see…”

But Ardem hits the table hard.

“We’ve lost contact with 200,000 personnel near Gim! Around 475 Wyverns are captured or dead! If we’ve got no news from 10 Wyverns, then it makes 485! Is that not enough? We’ve taken too many losses already!”

Suddenly, they receive communications from the Southern Army.

“Headquarters! Please respond!! Headquarters!! This is Southern Army!!”

“South Army! What is going on?! Report!”

“M-Monster!! Help us!! They start moving and we can’t stop them!!”

“What the hell is really going on down there?!”

“Retreat!!! All units retreat to the capital!! We’ve lost all of our wyverns!! All units, retreat!! AAAAHHH!!!”

“What is going on? Hey! Answer me!”

The room fell in silence as the contact with the southern army are cut off.

“Impossible…”

Both Ardem and Pandor are clenching their fist. Who on Earth that actually attack Louria? The Southern Army was numbered 150,000 and there’s no way that they can be annihilated like that.

They finally were able to establish communications with the central and backline soldiers after lost contact with the front.

“T-The soldiers with shield and staff is here! They’ve just destroyed the front line!!”

“How did they get here!? It’s impossible!!”

“That thing is huge and fast. It’s coming this way!!”

“Monster!! Get away from me!! Aaaahh!!”

“I surrender!! I surrender!!!”

Then, they intercept communications from what it seems either intact manacom where Celestina’s personnel are using it to broadcast it.

“Those who want to surrender, raise the white flag, drop your weapons, and both your hands behind your head!! If you continue to resist!! We will kill you without mercy!!”

This is a nightmare for them. The 150,000 soldiers and 100 wyvern should be enough to annihilate around 25,000 troops stationed in the south. What kind of weapon the enemy possess…? How did their large army manages to be annihilated in a short time?

“I will report immediately to the capital to request more reinforcements.”

“Please do.”

Ardem, instead of returning to the capital, decides to flee. He was scared to the point where he needs to save himself.

This is impossible!! This can’t be happening!!! I must report this to that person!

The invasion of Qua-Toyne Principality has failed. All of that because of Celestina’s interference as they decide to immediately deploy the personnel to protect the border.

Pandor doesn’t want to think it further.

All of sudden, 5 Wyverns above the base were spontaneously enveloped in smoke and shredded into pieces. Then 5 more! An invisible attack just took out 10 Wyverns.

“Wh-What?! What’s going on?!”

Before long, five black dots appeared in the eastern sky, but they made no sound as they approached. They were faster than sound! One is firing a purple bullet while others are firing a bullet of light. The bullets were also supersonic, and they decimated the wyverns who were trying to avoid them. Another 4 Wyverns dismembered from the sky while one got frozen solid and shattered to pieces upon impact.

“Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!”

“This isn’t happening… This can’t be happening!!!”

There was shouting all over. The “things” flew over the army at an absurd speed. They were shaped like an arrowhead, giant devices painted sky blue and breathing out fire as they passed by.

KRAKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!

They were hit by an enormous shockwave. What they just experienced was a flyby from 2 CF-1, 2 CAG-2 (Celestina Air Guard-2), and 1 LSF-3 with the speed of Mach 3.

“Th-that… thing is ungodly fast!!”

“What was that!”

There was a widespread panic…

Unfortunately, the disaster hadn’t ended. The iron dragons that had flown away now returned, firing the purple bullets again while all of sudden, explosions happen right at the main camp.

Celestina hides 5 105mm Pounder north of the main camp to ensure the bombardment goes without a hitch. Even the squadron of the elite dragon riders was being one-sidedly slaughtered before it can notice the artillery position.

It was generally believed that an army’s strength directly correlated with how many wyverns it had. The number of wyverns in the Louria Army would probably even be enough to defeat the flame dragon god.

But this almost felt like a game, with their wyverns being killed off like pieces being flicked off from a board.

“DAMN IT ALL!”

The elite wyvern squadron was now completely wiped out and his men are in total disarray. In that instant, a swarm of iron dragons came from the east, descending, and soldiers are poured out from it. The disappearance of the advance force suddenly flashed across General Pandor’s mind.

“W-who are they?!”

A white flare dropped right at his feet.

Slowly…

His own…

Life…

Ended…

The other world approached.

Light—

The blistering heat of the explosion washed over the army.

It was instantaneous.

General Pandor departed this world along with that light.

The 4th Artillery Regiment drops off infantries as the surviving Louria soldiers are waving the flag to the left with a big swing, dropping their weapons. Celestina find it acceptable as they lay down their arms and surrendered. Their commander is dead and their retreat path was also being cut off by Celestina soldiers, only 10,000 managed to escape while 60,000 are killed.

“Drop your weapons!!”

“On your knees!! Now!!”

Along with assault at the southern border, a total of 80,000 personnel are being captured as Prisoner of War with 50,000 from the south and 30,000 from the east.


Dragon rider Wrangler flew west. He thought Qua-Toyne was a country of barbarians and had underestimated them. However, from his scouting, he now knew that the advanced army was actually defeated in the west of Gim. Did Qua-Toyne ally themselves with the demon lord? Or maybe even… that legendary, ancient sorcerous empire… According to the folklore passed down through history, the time of resurrection has yet to come. As far as Wrangler knew, no one in the entire world wouldn’t know this story.

Once, there was a great empire that ruled the world. The ancient sorcerous empire that subjugated all other living beings with its tremendous power. Each individual had far more magic power than humans did, their knowledge was extremely advanced, they had a super developed civilization, feared by all life, they were beings that stood above humans. Their civilization was so advanced that they even pointed their sword at the gods.

The angered gods sent stars to fall on the continent of Latisfor, where the empire resided. They were incapable of protecting themselves from the falling stars, so they erected a gigantic barrier and cast spell to send the entire continent into the future. “When the time of resurrection comes, the world shall once again grovel at our feet,” or so they had written on an indestructible stone carving that was left behind.

The few survivors of the sorcerous empire living outside Latisfor, now overwhelmingly outnumbered by humans, were absorbed into the Holy Milishial Empire of the Central World, the most powerful country in the world. Anywho refused were exterminated, so their race was not completely extinct. Because of this, it was rumored that the Holy Milishial Empire feared the resurrection of the ancient sorcerous empire.

Alicia and the team of historians are studying this case while she predicted that the venue of the Seventh Interstellar War and most likely, the Fourth Interstellar Dimensional War will be set on this New World. The Interstellar Dimensional War involves transportation between dimensions, universes, and planets. Three of the Six Interstellar War at Celestina involves the war through dimensions. The Second, Fifth, and Sixth Interstellar War does not involve Dimensional travel.

Wrangler began to wonder if, perhaps, the enemy might possibly be the ancient sorcerous empire. A strong army of 200,000 annihilated, a guided fire blast that relentlessly pursued its target… everything they tried got pushed off the weathered road into the wild brush.

BOBOBOBOOOMM!!!

He heard the dull sound of impacts echoing. Before him, a fierce blaze danced, as though from a volcano erupting.

“It… it can’t be… that’s where…!”

With his heart freezing, he hurried back to the main camp… When he arrived in the sky above it, his worst nightmares were realized. His comrades surrendered, waving the white flag one after another. They’re being cuffed by some soldiers who have taken them as prisoners of war.

The soldiers who notices the presence of the wyvern prepare to fire it as they prepare for what Wrangler expect is another guided fire blast. He knew they won’t miss it if they fire it again. Looking at the signal flag that has white color, he took it and use it as a sign of surrender. He didn’t attack them and neither Celestina soldiers. Upon landing, he immediately dismount from the wyvern as his partner also bend down, a sign of surrender.

“I surrender…”

Immediately, they cuff Wrangler and his partner were taken into a Corvette Carrier to be extracted back to Celestina.


Outer Space, Flagship of Sacred Priestess Fleet, Archangel-class Support Carrier, Coluceo Candidus, Two days after Operation: Defense of The Three Kingdoms

 

Archangel-class Support Carrier

On the bridge, Sofya prepares two Archangel-class Field Dressing Corvette, the ship that was purely designed for healing be it mechanical damage or biological damage to mend the trauma that was suffered by the surviving Louria Army during Defense of Gim. She looks at the list for those who suffer a trauma.

“How long they will be healed from this trauma, or at least, sustaining it?”

“By their trauma that was already considered very heavy, I would say it could take years.”

“Decommission them from the military service once the Rodenius War is over. They can’t participate any further in the military career. That will be also included in the treaty that we will make it later.”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

Sofya sighs, it can’t be helped since Celestina wishes to end the conflict without unnecessary bloodshed, but it seems this action was necessary. She takes a look at the report from Operation: Defense of The Three Kingdoms where Celestina 4th Artillery Regiment from 1st Shock Trooper Division under Battle Group Rookie along with Honor Guard from 1st and 2nd Royal Defender Battalion manage to annihilate the Louria Army. At least Admiral Fares was wise enough since he realizes that he didn’t have a chance to win against Celestina’s Navy.

Celestina feel grateful that they manage to secure at least 20,000 prisoners. If not, perhaps more of their relatives nor families will wear their black suit. When the 1st Shock Troopers Division launches an assault, they will beat them down and force them to surrender while they have to kill those who continue to resist.

The Louria prisoners at Hopri city were given a necessary facility. They were treated nicely and they feel comfortable staying at the Prison town. The ships that were taken by Celestina Navy are first being searched inside, taking all of the supplies, and every valuable item, and then it continues with the dismantling process for recycling. Feena originally plans to increase the dismantling dock number, but it seems it won’t be necessary considering the shipyard workers are dismantling it at a rate of 100 ships per hour for 2000 shipyard crew.

After arranging the necessary crew for trauma healing, Sofya plans to return to Gim to handle the children.

“Prepare my personal craft. I will depart to Gim again. Also, direct all prisoners to Hopri. Could be more effective if they got trauma healing from their comrades in arms.”

“Yes, Ma’am!”


Celestina Empire, Byade Territory, Hopri Town

Admiral Fares saw more of his subordinates arrived after the defeat at the battle of Gim. The news that is constantly updated makes him realized that he was fighting a country that was outside their domain.

“How strong is this country?”

Fares have a hunch that Celestina will contribute on a very large scale on the development of this world. His subordinates, including him, are living comfortably. Compared to the underground prison, they feel more luxurious to live here even the town itself was a prison. Maya also prepares some programs so the sailors and personnel will have other skills when they are being released from prison.

He approaches one of his subordinates as he tries to help them ease their trauma due to the invasion of Gim. He can feel their fear and nightmares, and the best thing he can do right now is to comfort them.


Celestina Empire, Royal Imperial Capital Regnieburg, Nomadis Palace, 11th May 1523

“Let’s hope this proposal goes well.”

Lily, Lyla, Luciana, and Aegina finishes their proposals to sortie themselves to capture the Louria King.

“It depends on how Sachi will response, anyway.”

“Uh, but four of us? We’ll be facing 150,000 personnel and 150 wyverns, you know.”

“It should be enough.”

They went to Sacchito’s office where he was currently at the discussion with Emperor Hillem. They are discussing how they will capture the Louria King.

“The 1st Shock Trooper Division is scheduled to arrive on 14th May. By that time, we will distance ourselves 10km away from the capital’s main gate. With our current manpower, this should be more than enough considering Grand Duchess Feena, Maya, and Freya are leading the assault. However, we have no plan yet to assemble the strike force to capture the King.”

“Hmm… Using Zealots can be a problem since Tohriu didn’t want to use his Zealot Strike Force to capture him. I just hope we can get appropriate strike force for this, Hillem.”

Sachi then looks at the Valkyrie Twins. “What brings you here, my dear?”

“We’re about to give you a proposal to capture Louria King.”

“Put in on the holo table.”

Aegina toss the paper and it absorbed, immediately turn into a simulation made by the twins. It has scenarios where the Cheering Twins, an adventurer party that consists of both Twin Rabbits and Twin Valkyrie plan to launch the assault on the castle to capture the King.

Both Sachi and Hillem take a look at every scenario. However, the adjutants also needs to be deployed to the battlefield since they need action once in a while.

Reading this thoroughly, Hillem proposes a strike force.

“Is it necessary to assemble the Adjutant’s Unit?”

“You mean by sending all of the Main Council’s adjutants to capture him? Both twins are overkill for sure. We need to knock them out except for some target that we need to get rid of it.”

Most of the targets are the commanders that could try to find a gap on Celestina’s defense perimeter. If the target is too old, best is they can spare them while knocking them out as well. Luciana questions the reason why sending Cheering Twins party is an overkill.

“Why it’s overkill if you sent only us?”

“Your weapon is the answer. It’s best to use Lily and Lyla’s baton to knock them out. I think it’s best to assemble the Adjutant Strike Force for this, meaning all of them will participate.”

“I see…”

Both Luciana and Aegina can’t deny that their sword was indeed sharp. They can use sheath to knock them out, but the shape itself can be problematic. Lily and Lyla’s baton, on the other hand, are blunt and with enough force, it can knock anyone out without killing it.

“The 1st Shock Trooper Division will draw the army out and use two ID-22 TC to infiltrate the castle. Equip all of them with energy shielding to anticipate any traps.”

“What about the Navy and Air Force?”

“Commander Brunestud proposes that he will send two warships, Seraphic Ocean and Destructo. Their job is to destroy the remaining ship. For the Air Force, Feena proposes that she will dispatch 7 CF-1, 7 CAG-2, and 1 LSF-3 for air dominance.”

“The wyverns numbered 150. Does Commander Brunestud plans to make a two-pronged attack for air dominance?”

“Most likely. Since he said that the missiles need to be used and fired, otherwise it will be turned into a spider’s nest.”

“Right… Alright then, inform Feena that once the strike force is ready to infiltrate, smash the gates.”

“Roger.”

With the approval of Sacchito and Emperor Hillem, the Operation: Bag and Drag will commence in 3 days.


Celestina Empire, Capital of Studia, Juno, Biological Research Laboratory

“Hmmm….”

Alicia and the research team are examining the corpses of the wyvern at the surgery room. The woman with Sage dress examines every inch of the wyvern’s body and structure, then calculating of possibility of cross-breeding between Celestina’s Wyverns and New World Wyverns. Perhaps if the cross-breeding succeeds, the new type of Wyvern could be born.

Despite they have been working for around two weeks, research already gives them significant results and comparing it with Wyverns from Celestina.

“Their muscle density is not trained well. The skin is also two centimeters less thick than our wyverns. Furthermore, due to the lack of flight course and proper treatment, their flight capability can last only up to one hour. Our wyverns can last up to four hours.”

“Their combat is also inefficient, Grand Duchess. Rotating fireball and spit it out, it also can’t perform a close-quarter combat while the weight they carry were also very limited.”

Hearing the report from two scientist makes Alicia displeased of the Louria Wyverns. She has to release them to the wild to grow naturally.

“Do we have a word from Qua-Toyne?”

“They plan to send eight wyverns for us to study it. Once done, we can release them once again to see if their capabilities are improved.”

“That should help them if the study finds out that the flight capability and muscle density can be increased. Our wyverns can carry up to 600kg payload, so why these Wyverns can’t carry more than 100kg? It’s very weak, to be honest.”

“I’m not sure about it. But, we will try to examine further.”

“Do it.”

While continue working, Alicia receives a priority message from Sacchito.

“Priority message, from Sacchito.”

Reading the message from her watch, she nodded and turns to Fenris and Shikami, her adjutants.

“Fenris! Shikami! You both are being sortied to the front line!”

“Yes, Ma’am!”

Both of the adjutants immediately goes to Gim to receive a briefing before the Operation: Bag and Drag.


East of Gim, 4th Artillery Regiment Headquarters, Briefing Room, 13th May 1523

The adjutants are gathered and Luciana began to outline the plan where the operation will commence tomorrow and they will be sortied on 15th May to capture Yar Louria.

“The Qua-Toyne Government has approved our proposal to capture Louria King. The 1st Shock Trooper Division will draw the army out while the Navy and the Air Force will handle the ship and wyverns. We will strike on the night of 15th May and have to move fast on it. Our objective is to knock out as many personnel as we could while pushing on to the throne room. The police personnel present here will apprehend the King while we will cover the escape route.”

Yuuna Caskett raises her hand, she was the adjutant of Feena Minazuki and specialized in technology research and nano-technologies.

Yuuna Caskett

“How do we plan to strike it? Is the units will enter the city?”

“No. Sacchito and His Majesty informed us not to breach the city. We can’t risk any civilian casualties so it’s better for us to infiltrate the castle and to do quick work. Any more questions?”

With no question further, the briefing is over and they prepare themselves for the Operation: Bag and Drag. After almost six months, the adjutants are being deployed to the battlefield under a single group known as Adjutant Strike Force.


The Louria Kingdom, Capital Jin-Hark, 13th May 1523, Night-Time

The 1st Shock Trooper Division soon arrived in the south of the capital. The 4th Artillery Regiment almost arrives from the east and about to link up with the rest of the Division. They will set up the camp for rest and prepare to draw the entire army out in the next morning.

They set up camp 12 km South of the Capital, forming a siege line at the south-east of 4 km, linking up the 4th Artillery Regiment camp with 1st Shock Trooper Division that arrives 1 hour later. They brought 3 A-22 Kodiak, 10 CBTR-90, 5 Stinger Tank, and 5 Liberator Tank as an armor unit to face 150,000 Louria Soldiers and 150 Wyverns. For the element of surprise, they intentionally turn off the lights so when the morning comes, the Louria Army will be surprised to see that they have been surrounded.

On Navy, Commander Brunestud with Lieutenant Commander Quattro Noa was scheduled to arrive at North of Jin-Hark tomorrow morning while the Air Force is standing by, distancing themselves 200km East of Naval Base at Guardian-class Aircraft Carrier.

6