Chapter 10 – Fall of the Louria Kingdom
133 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Louria Kingdom, Capital City Jin-Hark, 12th May 1523

“… And that’s the end of the report of the failed invasion of Qua-Toyne…”

The War Council filled with chatters. Around 100.000 personnel are captured, 600 Wyverns are captured or annihilated, and 340.000 personnel are dead. The Eastern Vassal Army along with the local lords also either dead or surrendered to the Celestina Empire.

“Lord Hem, the report states that the attack by Celestina used magic weapons?”

“Hmm… I’m afraid I do not have such knowledge, General Dann. Why don’t you ask Court Magician Etel-dono?”

Etel thinks about the report statement and the possibility of it.

“The legends… arrow that can chase you… ancient magic… guided light bullets. Could it be… Celestina is Ravernal Empire?!”

The deduction surprises everyone present and General Dann feels shocked, knowing it makes sense, however, Hem makes a different thought.

“If it was indeed Ravernal Empire, they won’t approach us to make a diplomatic relationship. And accordingly, when the Empire revives itself, the sky will be momentarily filled with darkness.”

“As for recent events, there was a moment where there the night turned into a day for the brief moment… But, I also agree with Lord Hem . To bring up such a name in a hasty decision, my apologies.”

“Ahem… Certainly, it was an amorous name to bring it up.”

“For now, let’s strengthen defenses around the capital. I expect they will be coming to attack us at any moment.”

“But… What are we going to say to His Majesty about this matter…?”

Turning to the Envoy from the Papaldia Empire, Hem place their last straw on them.

“Oh, Envoy of Papaldia Empire. Our country is in peril, will you lend us our aid just this once?”

The envoy silent first and later decide to give the answer as requested once one of the officers wearing hood, whispering something to him.

“Your incompetent King is aways saying ‘resting’ and ‘resting’. We have crossed a dangerous bridge to invest in your interest as we stand to gain something in return once the Rodenius Continent has been unified. But, as currently, you got nothing to offer… We have no interest in Louria’s survival. As such, we will excuse ourselves.”

They didn’t know how to report this kind of failure to the Louria King. Furthermore, they start collecting the report and one of the best points is there is news of the Celestina Empire is marching towards the capital from the south. General Dann immediately mobilize the Capital Defenses to be prepared for an incoming attack from Celestina Empire.

Due to the Louria’s expertise in land warfare, they believe they can repel Celestina’s army.


14th May, Morning

The soldiers of Louria are changing the guards that are guarding the capital gates last night. They found no abnormality during the night and were about to be exchanged by the morning duty.

“Thank you for your hard work.”

“You’re welcome.”

They change their guards in the morning and when the sunlight brights up the ground, they were surprised for what they have seen. Celestina Army already lay siege on the capital 12 km South and this makes them immediately ring the bell to sortie the soldiers.

“Enemy attack!! Enemy attack!!”

“How did they get here unnoticed?!”

“Prepare the troops!! Prepare for battle!!!”

Around 150,000 personnel are being deployed immediately to repel the Celestina Army. They don’t know that it’s part of the plan to ensure that the Operation: Bag and Drag went out as planned.

Despite the enemy has ten times more in number, Celestina has high-quality equipment on them. To make it more thrilling, the use of modern and futuristic weaponry is banned. Magic and any weapon augmented with it are allowed. Lining up into the formations, they are prepared to repel the invader from the capital.

On the north of the port town, The Navy immediately launch the assault by decimating what was left of the ship. The initial attack was made by sending 1 LSF-3 and 2 pairs of CAG-2 and CF-1 to destroy 400 Warships using 4 SD-20 MA-1 that disperses into 20 smaller missiles and strike the target before withdrawing to rearm.

“Magic Communications team!! Send word to the HQ that we’re under attack!”

Sending the words to the Headquarters, the Capital immediately sortie all wyverns for combat. Fifty Wyverns will halt the 1st Shock Troopers Division advance while 100 Wyverns will destroy Seraphic Ocean and Destructo.

The wyverns sortied was still according to the Celestina plan to lure the airpower out and to gain air superiority. Once the Wyverns are sortied, Seraphic Ocean and Destructo moves in to decimate them.

“There it is!! Enemy warship sighted!! I count two of them!!”

“Just two of them?! Did they think they can face us all by those two?”

They feel irritated but they feel like Celestina underestimated them. However, only 1000 ships in service were able to intercept them. But, witnessing how powerful the warship is, they fear that they have no chance of winning.


Celestina Empire

Successfully baited 100 wyverns, Commander Brunestud orders the all-out attack.

“Eliminate all wyverns and warships. Spare those who decide to surrender using the white flag.”

“Yes, sir!”

“Use the arsenals we have to dispose all of them.”

“Yes, sir!”

“Plasma Cannon, firing!”

When the target locks, Flak 88R and Bofors aims for the Wyverns first. It was a very short work as they are eliminated in less than five minutes. They are distancing themselves 5km from the Louria Harbor and start firing at every warship they can find.

“Plasma Cannon. Set target to the enemy Headquarters! One round, firing!”

“Roger!! Firing!!”

One plasma cannon fired to the Navy Headquarters and anyone inside it is immediately annihilated due to superheat plasma that boils and vaporizes everything. With only two warships, Celestina Navy annihilates all of them saved for 70 warships that hoists a white flag in one strike.

The Fighters now moves in to annihilate the remaining wyverns to ensure the complete air superiority. Both warships remain on standby to ensure that the process of the surrender went according to the plan.

At the ground units, soldiers with hammers, spears, and any close combat weapons are on the front line. Archers at the rear line and mages at the middle line. It was arranged splendidly as Celestina adapted into many kinds of warfare. The non-cadets unit is being placed to guard the main camp as the front lines are all cadets to the higher level, practically Red Wings, and War Maidens Squadron. Infamous for being the “Cadet Division,” this is also a trial set by Maya Lyliat and Freya Luminaire, a member of the Main Council that went to the battlefield personally to lead the 1st Shock Troopers Division at the border of the Three Kingdoms.

“The wyverns are quite the nuisances…”

“Then let’s get rid of it.”

For new weapons, they are using a MAB or known as Magnetic Accelerator Ballista. Using thunder gemstone as the accelerator, the arrow is using a special steel that can accelerate up into Mach 4. This weapon was just a prototype as the effective range has yet to be told and completed the trial but now was put into field battle test, and it will be used to fight the Wyvern as anti-air. Celestina deploys 25 of it and it’s aim right at the incoming Wyverns.

“Aim to the Wyverns and… Fire!!”

Twenty-five bolts are released and the power of the speed itself obliterates twenty-six wyverns in one shot, one bolt is piercing through two wyverns.

The hammer team at the front line is charging their magic power and when the enemy cavalry and infantry get close, when the hammer is about to slam into the ground, the front lines are jumping. As the hammer was slammed into the ground, the charging cavalry and infantry lose their balance and stumbled into the ground due to a brief earthquake. Utilizing this chance, the archers and mages specialized in long-range combat unleash their capabilities. Some are firing multiple arrows at the same time while for magicians, they cast multiple spells simultaneously.

The spells make the court magicians dumbfounded as they never seen a mage with high combat capability like that. From Celestina’s point of view, the magicians on the 1st Shock Trooper Division are still at the middle level on average. The highest ever known are Freya Luminaire with the class of Master Warlock, and Alicia Permeal, Master Sorcerer. Furthermore, they also mastered chantless magic, magic without any chant.


“Damn it!! Who are they?! How did the magic power readings got so high?! Are they monsters?!”

Etel cannot deny that Celestina has a strong magician on their ranks, the magic reading itself indicates that they are at least on par with their Wyverns.

“The Wyverns!! No!!”

Being pierced by a Magic Ballista, they felt powerless when their Wyverns has been decimated by Celestina’s 3rd Artillery Regiment.

On the front lines, clash starts to happen but much to the Louria soldier's horror, the Celestina soldiers are very adept. The Celestina soldiers forward one line by one line, cutting any Louria soldiers as they continue to advance.

ZRAT!! SLASH!!

“T-This is bullshit!! How did they can be better than us!! We’re good at the land warfare!!”

“No!! I don’t want to die here!! They move too fast!!”

Whenever their archers fire their arrows at Celestina personnel, Celestina’s mages are casting the protective barrier to deflect the attack. Also, the demihumans of multiple tribes along with humans joins the fight, making the Louria Soldiers got more difficult to fight back. They didn’t expect the demihumans they persecute, and those who want to enslave them, are this strong. Each line that is pierced through by Celestina, the Louria Army did not have a chance to reform their ranks.

Using Spearhead formation, the Louria Army continue to get pierced so easily. But when there was a sound to retreat, the entire Celestina Army withdraws. Even with the best equipment the Louria Army possesses, they are still unable to inflict casualties on Celestina Army. They don’t know how the large army like that was very organized, let alone that they’ve already known how to attack their commanders while the Louria Army didn’t know which one is the commander.

Due to the Celestina Empire’s nature of adventure, they have completed hundreds of subjugations. Some are even comparable to assembling an army to conduct a raid. Their coordination becomes more synchronized against each other as they treat the Louria Army like a minions that need to defeat before targeting the boss.

“Ugh!! Retreat!! Retreat!!!”

For today’s battle, the Louria Army lost two-third of their current strength, leaving only 50,000 personnel while Celestina sustains 500 injured personnel with 100 are heavily wounded and 400 with the light wound.


That night, Celestina is tending to the wounded and having an extravagant barbeque meal for dinner while the Louria Army is using military provisions. The meal itself comes from the military personnel that has a plentiful of barbeque meat from adventures ready to be grilled. Maya and Freya are also pleased to see this, considering this can boost their morale further.

“So, how’s the night we have?”

“It’s a wonderful night. We will break the gates tomorrow evening.”

“So, the Adjutant Strike Force will enter once the gates were breached right?”

“Yeah. Besides, they will move in from Gim’s base, not from here.”

“Will they use a glider?”

“No. They will use a dropship to approach.”

“Well, they need to move fast anyway. What’s the rule?”

“Kill the Head Guard, knock the others out.”

“That…”

Maya intends to say that it was easy, but once Freya said that the mission was to eliminate the head guard and knock the others out, she refuses to say any further. Maya then change the topic.

“So he wants quick work to apprehend him… Say, regarding the Country Punishment. Which one we shall be targeting it?”

“The Empire at the West, South, and Ravernal Empire. The Papaldia Empire could be also listed considering the Zealot Intelligence Team already infiltrate it and gathering every evidence they have. If they are willing to open the diplomatic gate, we can put it aside. Will be different case if they look down on us.”

“Alicia predict that there could be another Interstellar Dimensional War settled here. From the way we were transported into this world, I think it could happen.”

“It will. She’s working hard to investigate the cause of our transference. There’s no way it will be just an Interstellar War anyway.”

“Did your magic already found something?”

“Not that significant much, how about your bugs?”

“Not quite…”

They continue talking and relaxing at the main camp.


On the Louria Army side, the Generals, Commanders, and the Court Magicians are gloomy. They didn’t expect their expertise were so easily beaten by Celestina. They never face that kind of warfare. Perhaps they should start looking to establish a diplomatic relationship with Tibetain Principality, Qua-Toyne Principality, and Quila Kingdom. But the problem is they hate them to the point they will persecute them.

“Damn!! Why is this happening!!!”

General Dann was frustrated since he lost so many men and yet, they don’t even manage to slay even one of the Celestina Soldiers. It’s as the Celestina Army knows what they are doing according to their specialty.

“Their magic hammer pulverizes our formation! Their infantries are fighting us like a breeze! It feels like they know their role and their job! To make matter worse, they even took out our commanders first!”

One of the Officer from the Communications Unit raises his hand and delivers the report.

“According to our wyverns report before their demise. Their Generals were confirmed to be two girls and based on the diplomatic meeting at recent events and matching their dress, we believe their commander is Freya Luminaire and Maya Lyliat, the Grand Duchess of Geffen and Byade. If we can take them out, the Celestina Army can be thrown into disarray and retreats.”

“Did you say the Grand Duchess? Number two in the power of the Celestina Empire?!”

“Yes, sir! We’re certain that it was them! We also got reports from our scouts that they are currently throwing a party at their camp right now.”

The venue starts to get noisy again until Dann raises his hands to calm them down.

“If we can capture them, we can take this opportunity to make them surrender. If not possible, then we can just eliminate them. How many special forces do we have?”

“Around a hundred can be sortied, sir!”

“Assemble all of them! Make sure we capture them tonight!”

“Yes, sir!”

The Louria higher up thinks that those two are stupid enough to participate in the battle directly. However, they didn’t know that both Maya and Freya had already prepared for the night assault. Normally the royals stay behind the front line, supporting the front line by making an inspection. However, Celestina does not use that method since the Main Council can take care of themselves.

If the Louria can capture them, then they can present it to the Papaldia Empire, a superpower nation. Surely the voluptuous body of the girls can make the officials, even the Emperor pleased and can do anything to them.

With that, they decide to strike at night.


Midnight, Celestina Main Camp

The light was off, so it was easy for the Louria assassin to approach the camp. The Assassin Commander, Ilg, found the main camp was guarded but with only a few sentries.

“Did they ever train themselves to prepare for a night attack? Are they stupid enough to make them left off guard?”

“Seems they never do the night watch properly. Should we go?”

“Let’s proceed.”

They continue to infiltrate all the way to the main camp where the War Maidens resides. When they try to break into one of the tents to eliminate Celestina soldiers, they can’t open it. When they try it with a knife, they can’t even cut it.

“Just what kind of material they have used for this stuff?”

But, from one hundred personnel that advances, upon counting the numbers, they find around a quarter of them are missing.

“Where are our men on behind goes?”

“Huh? I thought they were behind us before.”

“Don’t be ridiculous!”

“Did they also have an assassin?!”

But much to their horror, what they saw next was a tragedy that will remain carved into their heart and minds, along with the primary reason for permanently resign from the Louria Army after the war. Many bugs, practically a demihuman insects, are capturing them using a thread web.

They are being taken somewhere to where Ilg didn’t hear his men’s scream. As the camp lights up, turns out it was a trap made by Celestina and they fell for it so easily.

“I-it’s a trap?!”

“We-we’re surrounded!!”

All of the demihuman insects are from Maya’s Zealot Strike Force. They are being deployed exclusively to the front line for this matter, to teach the Louria Assassins a lesson. Despite Maya’s unit are more specialized in assassinations using poison, they are also adept at manipulating the target’s memories. Being overrun so quickly, Ilg, the Commander of the Louria Assassin squad is captured. Celestina Army releases only 50 of them as survivors after they have witnessed their comrade’s being tortured mercilessly by Maya’s Zealot Strike Force. Fear that was installed on their heart and minds will soon make them decides to desert the Louria Army by their own, knowing the Louria Kingdom will be defeated.

Ilg, who left the Celestina Main camp in fear, decides to desert and retire from the Louria Army, refuses to send any reports to believe that the assassination squad is dead.

With that night, half of the assassins are killed while another half is being released and deserted from the Louria Army.


15th May, 1523 / 224

The remaining Louria Army decides to hole up near the capital gates. The Celestina Army, however, did not make their move. They just constantly sieging the capital with no intention of attacking it.

“Why they are not attacking the capital?!”

“Did they have some kind of plan?”

“Our assassination squad is wiped out. We can’t risk more personnel for another assault.”

“Damn it! We played right into their hands!!”

The siege continues even when the sun starts setting down. On Celestina main camp, 3 A-22 Kodiak are moving into a position to breach the Capital and Castle Gate.

“Alright. Adjutant Strike Force are on route, ETA is 1 hour. Best if we can draw them out.”

“Yes, sir!”

The Kodiaks are adjusting their firing angles. First, is the Capital Main Gate.

Kodiak A-22

“Fire!”

Three 120mm Artillery Shell are firing to the Capital Gate. With HESSH (High Explosive Shockwave Squash Head) round, when the bullet makes a contact at the Capital Gate, the shockwave resonates with the other two HESSH and it tears the gate apart. Another HESSH is fired into the Castle Gate, also tearing it apart with one hit.

The Main camp is quickly being dismantled as the Celestina Army has done their purposes on the South of the capital while they are preparing to retreat.

On the Louria Castle, the guards and the army are surprised that both gates have been breached.

“The gates are being breached!!”

“Prepare for the attack!!”

As Celestina planned, the defenses around the capital was strengthened, but not at the Royal Palace. General Dann, Court Magician Etel prepare for the Palace Defenses. However, as almost one hour passed, they show no sign of movements.

“Did they choose only to break the gates?”

“Wait a minute… Are they packing up?!”

“This is our chance!! Don’t let them get away!!”

The Louria Army start pursuing them, leaving only castle defenses behind to protect it. When the soldiers are in pursuit, those who are stationed at the castle hear a sound.

“What was that sound?”

Suuuuu~~~

The sound coming to them is like someone is whistling and it was just for a minute and then disappears. They haven’t realized that the Adjutant Strike Force is now entering the castle to escort the Police Officer, Lieutenant Flunke, and other Police Officers to apprehend Hark Louria.


Inside the Royal Palace

POW!! KA-POW!! BUAAGGHH!!

“G-guahh…”

The Louria Royal Guard is being knocked out one by one. They move in until they found a target, General Rand who leads the Royal Guard. Lily and Lyla approaches them with their baton and poms. Lyla starts to speak to him cheeringly.

“Oh, hello there~ Mind if you can tell me where is King Hark Louria? We have his arrest warrant~”

“Can I be spared once I lay down my arms and surrender?”

“Yes, you can~”

He approaches the twins but Yuna notices something is not right. They ready their weapons and when General Rand is close enough to score a kill, he pulls a string on his left hand, pushing the blade out from his right arm to stab Lyla. At the same time, the Royal Knights are assembled to defeat the invaders at the castle. Lyla just makes a small “Oooph!” as she dodges his surprise attack, knowing it will be coming.

“Don’t you dare harm my sister!”

Lily smash his head to the ground with her baton, much to Rand’s surprise that her baton was so strong. Additionally, Hakuren, a demihuman insect spider, grabs him and when he was lifted to stand up, two batons are hitting the side of his head, killing him instantly from the blunt force. Hakuren looks at him as she wraps him with a silk to mummify him.

“Guhaa…”

With the Commander eliminated, Sasha kicks any of the guard that comes to her. With a single kick, their sturdy armor breaks apart as the royal guard are being thrown into the wall and knocked out.

“W-who is that beast woman? How did her kick can break our sturdy armor?!”

“Don’t let them reach His Majesty!! Protect his majesty!!”

However, they are not in the league of the Adjutant Strike Force. They are being pushed back to the point where the King can hear the metal bending and people fleeing.


He had spent over 8 years building up support and accepting humiliating demands in order to feign obedience, but he was finally able to assemble and train a polished, unyielding army capable of uniting the entire continent of Rodenius. He invested nearly all of Louria’s possessions and national power, putting his country in debt for decades, to create this legion. To deal with any possible outsiders, he raised the power of his military to unthinkable heights, it was like crossing a stone bridge then destroying it, the level of their military strength was supposed to be insurmountable. They should have trampled over everything.

But then, this Celestina country with its nonsensical combat power joined the war and came out nearly untouched. At first, they had sent messengers, offering to make a diplomatic ties. He should have treated them more politely and researched their country more. “They were some barbarian country because they like to explore and adventure.” Rubbish. His army was crushed by a mere army of adventurers that was more proficient than his own.

He had lost most of his army. His naval fleet too, what was left of it took an airstrike as it laid anchor at the port in the middle of the daylight and turned to the ashes along with the entire port with just two warships. His country suffers catastrophic losses, but he couldn’t even confirm a single Celestinian’s death. What a staggering kill/death ratio; if he had fought with one of the major civilizations superpowers, it wouldn’t have turned out this lopsided.

He should have been more careful from the start. But, regardless of how devastated he felt, he had no time for regrets. The enemy had already come here. They were in the skies of the capital, their devices buzzing around like gnats in his face. All of his wyverns are already dead. There was nothing else he could do.

BAK! BUK! BUAGH! POW! KA-POW!! WHAM!!

The sound of metal bending, soldiers are being thrown to a wall, and screams of the royal guards can be heard. The enemy is very close to him and he doesn’t have time to run. His Generals and Court Magicians are surrendered since they can no longer resist the Celestina’s Army. The army that was sent to pursue the retreating 1st Shock Troopers Division is being ambushed, leaving only 5,000 soldiers alive.

WHAM!!

Sasha forces the door open with her kick, sending both doors flying to the wall between Yar Louria. He saw varieties of clothes on each person. A Twin Rabbits was wearing a cheerleader uniform, a Twin female wearing the same armor, some of them are wearing doctor or scientist clothes. Each of them is unique while among them, there were 5 people with blue-based uniforms mixed in. They had what looked like magic staves in their hands. No one is armed with swords, except for twin females clad in armor and a catgirl. The twin females clad in armor are having longswords on their waist while Sasha, a catgirl has a pair of shortswords on her back. The king all of a sudden thought of the story of the ancient empire.

“It-It’s not possible… are you the army of the sorcerous empire?!” asked Yar, shaking in terror.

Lieutenant Flunke approaches the King.

“I’m not sure what you are talking about, by my name is Flunke, from Celestina Capital Metropolitan Police Department in Celestina. You are under arrest for attempting to ordering a mass-murder of the Qua-Toyne Principality Citizens and racism. We have an arrest warrant and you have the right to be silent and any words you spoke of can be used against you in the court.”

Hark Louria was taken away with the handcuffs.


25th July 1523 / 224

Alicia and representatives of Qua-Toyne Principality, Tibetain Principality, Quila Kingdom, and Louria Kingdom are gathered in the town of Gim, Qua-Toyne Principality. In that town, the first International Law regarding the equal rights of all races was established and ratified by the fifth nations. The International Law that was made at Rodenius Continent soon will be written in the history book as the first International Law formed at the New World.

As for the Louria Kingdom itself, Celestina spares them from Country Punishment. However, the Kingdom now is being audited to change its path into democracy and the citizens of Louria now no longer can discriminate the demihumans.

6