Chapter 13 – The Ruckus on Selarong
109 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, those are Celestina’s warships… they almost look like castles,” King Dimas muttered to himself, unintentionally voicing his inner thoughts. “How ludicrous, even considering the information we received before from Gahara, for a metal ship that big to float…”

Captain Johann agreed, “I’ve been to the Papaldia Empire numerous times, and I’ve never seen any ship as large as these ones.”

Floating before them were eight ships from the 1st Expeditionary Fleet from Battle Group Moonlight Sea.

“My King, Celestina’s ships and the twin Valkyrie should begin attacking our decommissioned ships now.”

Sacchito was there at that time to see how the equipment was made, heard the request from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about, “We will show our strength to them.” This was Sacchito and Alicia’s answer. In addition to the Expeditionary Fleet, Selarong’s five decommissioned ships were also there, set adrift to become targets. They were about 3km away from the Expeditionary Fleet. King Dimas was watching the exercise through a telescope. The attack will commence by deploying Luciana and Aegina, following by three rounds of Plasma shells.

Kissing both Luciana and Aegina’s head, Sacchito sets them off.

“Good luck, my dear wives.”

“We’re off!”

Luciana and Aegina immediately chant a wind spell that makes them able to run above the water faster than normal people should. When they are about to cut the ship, the Plasma-class Destroyer fires three rounds to the target. At first, Dimas saw the ship attacked by the Valkyries are being cut into four, and then… BOOM…BOOM…BOOM… Three shots. Immediately afterward, the target ships were rocked by the fierce explosions, and a few debris shot up into the air due to being vaporized by the plasma heat. All five targets have been destroyed and sunk.

“….This… I’m speechless… how puissant…”

The King’s staff who formed the backbone of the Kingdom of Selarong could only stare in amazement at the power that completely upended their previously-held concepts of war. Furthermore, the varieties of the combats with the demonstration of the Twin Valkyries abilities to cut down two ships, returning with only feet wet and one ship easily sank three other ships. Furthermore, it fired that many shots in a row, with a few lags. Even in the superpower Papaldia, it was likely that no one could determine how this was possible.

The swordsmanship abilities of the Twin Valkyries are clearly surpassing what the King’s staff expected. For Celestina, they are ranked SS on Adventurers Rank, but on the military, they are at Rear Admiral.

“As soon as possible, resume negotiations regarding diplomatic relations with Celestina. A non-aggression treaty goes without saying, but, if possible, a security treaty as well,” declared the King, smiling.


The Light Carrier Corvette Eleugy and Plasma-class Destroyer Destructo noticed something on its radar. Numerous flying objects coming from the west. Their speed was about 350km/h, and there were twenty-two of them in close formation. They inform the command.

“There’s a country west of here, right? The Papaldia Empire?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“Were they invited to Selarong’s Military Festival?”

“It looks like it is, but with that size, they could make a punitive strike. Does Whisperer already receive news of this?”

“She will be ready to launch one minute!”

“Roger that. Commence the Operation: Bird Catcher.”


The twenty-two wyvern lord belonging to the Papaldia Empire’s imperial oversight army had come to Gowok, the capital city of The Kingdom of Selarong, the conduct a punitive strike. There were military officers from many different countries outside the civilized area at the Military Festival. In order to demonstrate what happens to a country that dares to defy the Empire, they purposely choose to attack during the festival in front of all of these officers, unaware that Celestina already noticed this and already sends Corvette Eleugy to capture the Wyvern Lords. This would engrave the power of the Empire in the minds of all those countries. It would also serve as an example of the damage that could result from provoking the Empire, or even just associating with a country that had done so.

There were also three Gahara’s Wind Dragon flying over the capital. When the wind dragons looked over, the wyvern lords, like mild-mannered teenagers being glared by the gangsters, meekly looked away.

“Ignore Gahara’s people. Selarong’s palace and I see… that small white ship down there, attack those targets!”

The wyvern lords scattered.


?! A squadron called wyvern lord flew in from the west. They split into two groups, and one dived sharply towards Selarong’s Palace.

“Is this some kind of demonstration?!”

While everyone was wondering what was happening, the diving dragons opened their mouths and began forming fireballs.

“I-It’s an attack!!”

Moments later, the ten wyverns shot their fireballs at the top floor, lighting the wooden palace on fire.

“Heads up! The other group is heading towards Patrol ship Road Runner!!” someone screamed from the bridge of Seraphic Ocean.

“Charge the shield up!!”

The ten wyverns lord from the Papaldia Empire’s oversight army, heading straight to stationary Celestina’s Road Runner-class Patrol Boat Road Runner.


Patrol Boat Road Runner

The Patrol Boat Road Runner immediately turn the engines on as the energy shield finish charging and watches the skies. Celestina’s Navy already informed them, but they did not expect the Wyvern Lords are targeting them.

“Bogeys heading for our ship!!”

“Engine full power!! Evasive Maneuvers!!”

With its engines roaring, the Road Runner quickly accelerated while giving its signature tease of Road Runner’s sound *BEEP* *BEEP*. It avoided the fire blasts one after another. In its wake, the fire blasts hit the ocean.

BOOOM… CLANG!

“Our energy shield is down!!”

Luckily the Road Runner Energy Shield was fully charged before it takes the full impact of the fire blast. If it is not full enough, then the damage could breach the engine room on the astern. The Road Runner continues its evasive maneuvers to buy time until Shiela arrives with her ancient dragon.


“What?! They were able to dodge almost all the fire blasts?!”

The ten Wyvern Lords had pulled up from their dive and were flying horizontally now. Even though they were so close their attack should have been unavoidable, the riders were all stunned that only one had hit.

Suddenly, all of the wyvern lords receives an enormous amount of chill runs down on their spines, preparing to flee, afraid of something.

GRAH! GRAH!!

“W-What’s going on?!”

From the east, there is one dragon flew towards them. But, when they try to communicate, they can’t contact the headquarters because something is jamming them. Some of the panicked wyvern lords make the rider fell into the ocean.

Gahara’s dragon also takes their distances because they don’t want to mess with it.


GROAARR!!!

Gahara’s Wind Dragon rider looked at where the sound came from. The spine of the wind dragon also got chilled when hearing that sound.

“C-Coming!! It’s coming!!”

The wind dragon opens the path for Shiela and her dragon. The wind dragons are also afraid to witness the ancient dragon mounted by Shiela arrives at the scene.

“I-It’s huge!!”

“It’s almost five times the size of us!!”

The ancient dragon burst out its green flames and preventing all of the Papaldia Empire’s Wyvern Lords from escaping. At first, it goes to confine the Wyvern Lords attacking Road Runner before setting sights on the Wyvern Lords that attacked the palace.

“M-Monster!! Let’s get out from here!!”

But, the ancient dragon moves faster and in less than thirty seconds, another green flame confines their movements as well, forcing them to fly in circles.

“Kagefumi, make sure they follow us back to the mainland.”

“As the madam wishes…”

Kagefumi Entranger, the black ancient dragon mounted by Shiela Synclaire, one of the Main Council and Grand Duchess of Sahara. She single-handedly defeat it far before the founding of the Celestina Empir. The dragon has four legs and its size is enormous, fitting for the title of the ancient dragon. At first, the dragon asks to be killed due to being ashamed for getting defeated by a human. Once she reveals that she was a God’s apostles and asking him to be on her services, he agrees with it. During the fall of Yggdrasil Planet, she evacuate all of his brethren and keep them safe since then. Currently, the dragons reside at Dragon Peninsula at Sahara Territory. They’ve been put in charge of maintaining the Peninsula and training the Celestina Wyverns to ensure they are not live out their life in boredom.

Using magic controlled by the ancient dragon, slowly the Wyvern Lords are being forced to gather in one place.

“W-What are you doing?! Shoot him!! Kill it!!”

But fear has completely taken over the Wyvern Lords, even when the Papaldia riders shot their flintlock at him, the bullet just simply bounced off due to thick and strong skin. Being stared sharply by the ancient dragon, he spoke to them.

“Those who wish to live, thou shall follow me or thou shall be a part of my feast. If thou wishes to come, throw all of your riders out.”

The flame in front of them opens, giving them a choice between following the ancient dragon or being ended up on his dinner plate. But fear makes the rider immediately dismount their partner to the ocean, fear for their life. The ancient dragon stands at the pinnacle of the food chain, even the wind dragon won’t dare to approach him and maintain distances around three kilometers.

“A wise choice, rider… Now come, you will live freely once you arrived at your new home.”

The military officers and those who witnessed it are dumbfounded and speechless. The wind dragon, feared of being consumed by the ancient black dragon, saw enormous power emitting from it, as if it was on par or maybe above the ancient dragon on this world.

The Wyvern Lords flew first as they need to be supervised so no one can escapes. They flew into Celestina’s Light Corvette Carrier Eleugy for extraction. Originally Entranger wants to eat one of them as an example. But, seeing these twenty-twos Wyvern Lords submit themselves to him, he got himself a new toy to play with.

The Carrier was later being taken to Studia for study and will be released at Sahara to be trained.


“………..”

King Dimas and his aide’s mouth are all hung open. There was no mistake—the wyvern lords were sent by the Papaldia Empire. For Selarong, driving off Wyvern lords was an extremely difficult task. An entire squad of warriors won’t be enough, and their scales were too tough for arrows to pierce. They would have to hit them by surprise with ballistae, or use something like the Kingdom’s treasure weapon, Kris Bow. However, using Kris Bow is too risky since not only it gives a very strong output, but the drawback is the strength required to draw it was also enormous.

It was practically impossible to shoot down a battle-ready wyvern lord If any country outside the Civilized area could defeat even one Wyvern Lord, they could be proud of their place in the world. It is unclear if Selarong was powerful enough to do so…

And now, there were Celestinian, who easily captured twenty-two wyvern lords like a drill sergeant is rounding up its men to receive another course. They will let this information spread to see how the superpower will react. If it was just one ancient dragon, then they could try to bluff it out. Those who at the scene witnessed how the Papaldia Empire’s Wyvern Lords decides to follow the ancient dragon or they will be turned into a dinner. It was part of Alicia’s plan to capture the Wyvern Lords since she needs to know how each tier of Wyverns can handle itself at the New World.

At the Military Festival, all the visiting officers from other countries saw with their own eyes the might of Celestina and how they were able to capture the Papaldia Empire’s Wyverns without any damage inflicted. They felt the sensation of the history moving, of the world-changing.

Soon, Misrah Armory, Natunia Seraphic Armory, Elim and Balie Corporation, Wile E. Technologies, and Mechania Heavy Machinery were swarmed by the military officers. They are the five representatives company from Celestina Empire to open their booth. All of them want to form a Memorandum of Understanding, but before it can happen, Celestina Companies request them to send a diplomat to open a diplomatic relationship with Celestina.

In all likelihood, those wyvern lords were sent to the Kingdom of Selarong to conduct a punitive strike. Celestina getting pulled into the conflict must have been the will of Heaven… King Dimas laughed as he saw several ID-22 TC carrying Water Buster Units arrive on the scene and spraying waters to put out the fire on the roof of the palace.

“What amazing things… Those boats… and the ancient dragon,” the wind dragon admired. “That ship spew out three fire blasts that were more powerful and faster to the targets. It can even attack the ship’s future places. That kind of boat is a treasure of technology. For that ancient dragon, I was grateful that we didn’t turn it into enemy, otherwise, I may end up as his dinner.”

“H-hey, don’t talk like that. But, they really did something amazing!”

“It resembles air magical defense boat in the tradition of the ancient sorcerous empire.”

“But… seeing that dragon with the size of five times bigger than you, When we get back, I’m going to have one hell of a report…”

In the skies above, Captain Kurt of Gahara wind dragon rider and his partner had this discussion.


Papaldia Empire, Imperial Oversight Army Eastern Fleet, Dragon Rider Mizer

‘Launch a punitive strike on the Kingdom of Selarong.’ He thought it was just a simple order. Against a primitive country like Selarong, even if a bunch of them banded together, the wyvern lord squadron from exalted superpower, the Papaldia Empire, would still have leeway to take on additional challengers. Attacking them during the Military Festival would also serve to remind all the other barbarians of Papaldia’s might. They wanted to terrorize everyone who dared to participate in a festival hosted by a country that slighted Papaldia, so they aimed for that striking white ship.

However, from the range where their fire blasts should have been 100% accurate, the ship moved at an astonishing speed to dodge those blasts. To make matter worse, they are facing the first of their nightmare. Celestina possessed an ancient dragon and the Papaldia Empire must act carefully, even the wind dragons of Gahara are keeping their distances from the ancient dragon. All of his rider comrades are also being thrown into the ocean, or some of them dismount in a hurry due to fear that engraved in their hearts.

While floating in the ocean, the same white ship he had just attacked came and threw a lifebuoy.


“Communications with the dragon rider squadron have ended.”

“W-what?!”

The fleet was stunned.

“What the hell happened there?!”

Admiral Pioiotus felt miserable. He was sure that something bad was happening… But he had direct orders from Kyeos, the head of the 3rd Foreign Affairs Department. This was the life he had chosen, protecting the dignity of estate. He couldn’t disobey orders.

The twenty-four ships in Imperial Oversight Army’s Eastern Fleet would punish Selarong and annihilate the rebels who dared to take up arms against the Empire’s wyvern lords, all in plain view of those other barbarian countries. Using Tears of Wind God, the fleet filled their sails with wind and headed to the Kingdom of Selarong.

Unbeknownst to them, three mermaids that are on the lookout spots them. They’ve been deployed under command of Vice-Admiral Ishiene Aquaria Elise, the Commanding Officer of the 2nd Ocean Crystal Division. They’ve been in charge of the security from the sea west of Selarong.

“Inform Junior Lieutenant Lapis and Lieutenant Faira. Also, inform Golden Lion to intercept them.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Faira at that time was also recording of what happened above the sky of Gowok. Arcus flies at forty thousand-meter altitudes and they got everything recorded. Now, they will be shifting to the west to obtain the recordings of the Papaldia Empire Oversight Army’s Fleet. Amongst all of the Recon Prowler Team, Faira’s unit is the most active ever since Celestina has been transferred into this world.

4