Chapter 25 – Celestina’s Demand
155 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I will make some profiles about the Main Council soon. Also, the list of the Air force and several assets are also underway.

Celestina Empire, Mantle of Council Palace, Public Media Room, 13th January 1524 / 225

“The announcement from the Emperor is about to begin!”

The Main Council and Emperor Hillem are observing the behavior of the Papaldia Empire. When the report from Jacob has reached their ears, they immediately prepare to make an announcement. The brutality of the Papaldia Empire, whose people viewed the Empire as “One of the Arrogant Countries” by the citizens of the Celestina Empire, was not limited only to their homeland, but they also terrorized any country that has diplomatic ties with Celestina. In nature, Celestina never declares war without provocation. This time, the Papaldia Empire, boasting of insurmountable power, dare to execute 250 Celestinian citizens and adventurers. Normally, the weaker country will turn a blind eye to this and submit. For the Celestina Empire, however, they choose to declare war on the Papaldia Empire.

This happens two weeks before the annual Council Meeting, which was planned to be held around 27th January. Other than the Qua-Toyne principality who experience the first council meeting by their own eyes and ears, this time around 16 countries will participate, including Mu. People and diplomats from other worlds that known the Celestina Empire knew that the Papaldia Empire makes a fatal miscalculation. Challenging a Superpower Nation that manages to hold three different systems as the Chief of the Security Council is truly a very stupid move.

Clap clap clap clap….

The media are gathered while the citizens of Celestina and diplomats are gathered to watch it through a projector screen at home, office, and even public places such as adventurer’s guild, town square, and park. Emperor Hillem appeared with his Emperor Uniform, with a silver blue dress and the nine emblems on the Emperor’s robe, representing the responsibility given by the Main Council to him. His face is solemn while the Main Council is not present. The media went silent as he was about to give his address as the atmosphere turns tense due to what happened yesterday. He waited for a moment before speaking.

“People of Celestina Empire, as I am sure you have heard, the town of Sulbar in the country of Selarong has been attacked and destroyed by the Papaldia Empire. Many innocent lives, such as our adventurers who carry out their duty to their job were captured by the Empire.

Our officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs appealed to the Papaldia Empire for their release, stating that they are just tourists and simple adventurers, but the cruel Empire brutally executes them in front of the officials.

We cannot overlook this matter blindly as they realize that they have crossed the line. The good news is the Operation: Sweet Dreams was successful and we have successfully fish them out from the sea! This time itself, they will pay for their atrocity with their blood! For every civilian they killed, four heads will take its place! For every Celestinian Adventurers died for no reason!! We will execute four of their soldiers as an example! We shall teach them a lesson!

If we let the Papaldia Empire doing as they please, it will further jeopardize the diplomatic relationship between us and the allied country. We will try to keep negotiating with the Papaldia Empire on peaceful terms, and only when they declare war on us; we shall declare war on them as well! Our allies, the Kingdom of Selarong, we value them as one of the historical countries worth defending!

We will drive them out, and under the blessings of the Main Council, I will deploy the necessary personnel to make sure no warships ever return. Our objective is to defend their heritage and protect our people, and therefore, we will make a joint operation!”

The crowds surrounding the Empire make thunderous applause, and one of the answers that Emperor Hillem makes will make them excited.

“We will conduct the public execution for both of their fleet and their personnel. When the Papaldia Empire’s Foreign Affairs display the public execution to us, we will do the same thing to them by executing their soldiers.”

After answering several additional questions, the press conference ended.


Topa Kingdom, Castle Town Tormis

“News!! News!!”

Frozen Bracelet and Rogdor of Kirah are currently stationed above the sky of Castle Town Tormis. Their preparation was halfway ready for their expedition to the Pandemonium Continent. The Adventurer’s Guild has been established to accommodate requests and lodging for adventurers. The personnel to participate in the initial expedition reach 1,500, while both League-class and Empire-class Astral ships to participate in the expedition numbers reach around 50 in total.

When hearing about this, the King of Topa summons Rokari as he wants to consult her about this matter. Since it becomes a hot topic itself, he summons her to his office. The headline of the newspaper that features, “The Imperial Country of Celestina and the Imperial Country of Papaldia finally clash!” prompts him to summon her.

Knock knock

“Your Majesty. I brought Rokari.”

“Enter.”

The door opens and Rokari enters his office room, bowing to him.

“I’m here as your command, Your Majesty.”

“Please, take a seat.”

The maid serves her tea and some snacks. It’s been a month since the Main Council visits here to repel the Demon Lord. The King holds a deep respect for them as he also lends Rokari 3,000 knights to assist her in the expedition. He wants an explanation of what happened until the Papaldia Empire decides to meddle with the Celestina Empire.

“What’s the information you got so far about the Papaldia Empire?”

“According to my network? They treat us as what they have done to you as well. They demand extraterritoriality, slaves, to the point where they want to install the Emperor to our mainland.”

“Oho… Even considering when your country has three billion people? What I’ve heard from the people, it will be a local conflict since the Celestina Empire plans to repel them at the Kingdom of Selarong itself.”

“It is and the Council already prepare the necessary unit for this.”

“But, shouldn’t this expedition will be aborted when the Papaldia Empire officially wage war on the Celestina Empire? I mean, even you got that Iron Dragon, they still have more army and strength than what you can think of. Besides, they are a Superpower country.”

“Rest assured, your majesty. They even have not sent a diplomat to the Celestina Empire. Should they do sent it, their view upon us will be changed, and they could be docile or probably like to be a bootlicker, though it can be a good amusement for us. We’re a superpower back in our homeworld, and it’s just on this world itself; their Empire can serve our purposes to establish a foothold as one of the Superpowers.”

Sipping her tea prepared by the maid calmly, she looks at him while he was shaken because of her testament.

“The expedition will be carried out as planned. Though it may be quite complicated since we will go straight from zero, which means direct exploration itself.”

“H-How could you so calm despite you know that the Papaldia Empire is one of the Superpowers? I’m concerned that you may not have enough manpower should they decide to go an all-out war.”

“We’ve done analyzing their technology, and we don’t need to fear them. One Astral ship was sufficient to fight up to 50 Wyvern Lords. Just rest assured, Your Majesty. One of the Main Council members also can easily bring the Papaldia Empire into oblivion if they are serious about this.”

To think that the Main Council’s power was beyond his imagination. He did receive the report from Moah that Sacchito did not even use ten percent of his power and against the Demon Lord Nosgorath. To see Rokari’s reaction about Sacchito, this means the Main Council’s power was enough to dominate this world all by themselves. He was aware that Rokari was at SS+ rank, she could be stronger than Demon Lord Nosgorath itself.

“I have to remind you that you need to dispatch your diplomat at once.”

“For the Council Meeting?”

“Yes. You will find diplomats that were not from this world. Prepare your best items to be traded so you can earn more income.”

“O-oh! Certainly!”

He already heard that Qua-Toyne Principality, the Kingdom of Quila, and the Tibetain Principality had earned a lot of income from their trades thanks to the Celestina Empire’s effort to advertise their homeland product. Therefore, this is also a good opportunity for them to grow their national power.


Kingdom of Verlaine, Royal Capital Blate, Underground Resistance Headquarters

After being decimated by the Papaldia Empire, the Kingdom of Verlaine became a vassal state of Papaldia. However, the empire was unable to exert complete control over all parts of the country, so a few resistance cells popped up. One of those cells was able to receive magical communications from a third country.

“Commander, we’ve received some intriguing news.”

The commander quickly skimmed the report.

“Two countries outside the civilized areas appear to be waging war with the empire. Which side do you think will win, commander?”

“Hmm… if they’re both just typical countries from outside the civilized areas, the empire would crush them, wouldn’t they? However, even though our country was also outside the civilized areas, our equipment at least was on the same level as countries within them. So even still, we were completely helpless before the empire. Well, it would be nice if they could at least inflict some damage, but the reality is the empire is constantly expanding its territory, so their national power only continues to rise….”

“You haven’t heard of the Imperial Country of Celestina?”

“No, I haven’t.”

“I think this fight will be rather interesting. Celestina helped the Principality of Qua-Toyne defeat the invading Kingdom of Louria, after all.”

“Indeed, beating back Louria is an amazing feat, but the empire is on a different level, aren’t they? I think it’s impossible for them.”

Among the resistance cells in Verlaine, this news did not bring much hope to anyone.


Second Civilization, Superpower Mu

Because Mu had ties to both the Papaldia Empire and the Celestina Empire, they were currently holding a meeting to decide which country they should request to send an observer to. If the side they chose ended up losing, there was a very high chance the observer would become wrapped up in the conflict and killed, so it was very important to thoroughly consider which side to choose.

If Mu were to request to dispatch an observer, they were certain either country would gladly accept.

“Considering the previous reports, it is believed that Celestina also has advanced magic-based and machine-based society and that they may even have advanced past Mu’s technology in some areas. That being the case, we would like to send the observer to the Celestina Empire.”

Someone from Mu’s military raised his hand.

“We’ve all read the reports countless times. However, I’m more interested in how true they are. Is it really possible? Has anyone actually seen proof that their technology is above ours? Furthermore, even if it is, is it enough to overcome the Papaldia Empire’s strength of force and numbers?”

“In terms of national power, there is no doubt. We have heard many things from our diplomats working in the Celestina Empire and the members of parliament who have gone to visit their country, both the stories they told and the information they included in their reports. Didn’t the army dispatch a number of people as well?”

“There have been some amazing things included in our internal military reports. But still… it’s really hard to believe…”

“Also. We can bring a diplomat team this time around as well. Since the Council Meeting will be held in two weeks, this will be our debut year. We might be able to show off our technology to them. Grand Duchess Alicia says that some of the countries may want to buy some of our technologies since they said that some countries may need our technologies.”

“I concur with it.”

The meeting concluded with the superpower Mu deciding to send an observer to Celestina’s side.


Holy Milishial Empire, Port Town Cartalpas, A Certain Bar

Everyone in the Central World considered the Holy Milishial Empire the strongest country in the entire world. All trade there revolved around the port town of Cartalpas. At a certain bar, drunken patrons were trading stories.

“I hear the Papaldia Empire is fighting against some alliance of two countries outside the civilized areas.”

“Not again! Now those two countries will get smashed to pieces and Papaldia will pick up even more territory… But, recently, Papaldia has been pretty reckless. It’s just war, war, war. Are they trying to take over the entire Third Civilization or something?”

“Papaldia is a middle-ranking superpower; compared to the Holy Milishial Empire and the mechanical country Mu, their national power certainly falls off. Maybe they’re aiming to become one of the world leaders?”

“But you know, those two countries sure are brave. They know most of their citizens will suffer if they get taken over.”

“The alliance is between the land of traditional, Selarong, and the emerging Empire Celestina.”

“Celestina? That Celestina?? Well now, the empire might actually have their nose bloodied a bit this time.”

Inside the bar, everyone was largely convinced of the empire’s total victory.

Some adventurers from Celestina only sigh as they are talking to each other of their party.

“These idiots won’t learn…”

“Yeah. They’re stupid enough.”


Celestina Empire, South-Western Sea of Mechania, Ocean of Trials

A new Starship, Raziel-class Heavy Sniper Frigate, Raziel, is currently on its testing course to conduct sniping with targets of 500km. It was planned to be deployed when the Celestina-Papaldia War commences while behind Raziel, a Grenadier-class Corvette, Verlaine Prayer, is also conducting its field-testing. The starship Verlaine Prayer will be given to the Verlaine Kingdom as a gift from the Celestina Empire.

“Power output 2 percent, fire!”

Firing its MAC Rounds, it hits the target and pierced up to 10 steel that has 45cm Titanium A7 Grade armor thickness, an equal tier to one 25cm C-Class Sage Armor for ten steel 45cm Titanium armor. The new Frigate itself was loaded with a 570cm Buster Rail Magnetic Accelerator Cannon that can punch through an enemy capital ship’s shield and hull.

Behind it, the Verlaine Prayer is currently testing its maneuver capabilities. While the ship was at the fielding stage, they want to give the Kingdom of Verlaine a starship since it will be Celestina’s front line to combat the Papaldia Empire at the current conflict and explore the south. It was not equipped with a Buster RMAC Cannon due to it being a Corvette class starship, rather, it was equipped with 4 Triple Barreled Cosmo Matrix 30cm that was installed on four different side of the ship, with each cannon can cover up to 180 degrees, leaving no blind spot for the ship to fire its main cannon.

Celestina could also present another starship should Tohriu Shiki decides to stay and wed Princess Rosaria as a wedding gift. Though it was exaggerated, they do want Shiki and Rosaria to rule the Kingdom of Verlaine with wisdom since Shiki was a former High Commander at Reynes’ Army and able to absorb a lot of knowledge from his legacy.

“Testing completed! Raziel is ready for commissioning as soon as we finish this up!”

“Excellent. Bring it back to the drydock, and let’s do the finishing touch.”

Grand Duchess Feena, who observes the field-testing at Raziel’s bridge, sets the ship course back to the Mechania for the final adjustments along with Verlaine Prayer.


The Kingdom of Selarong, Capital City Gowok

“Marvelous!! So they decide to send their personnel!”

The King of Selarong, Dimas, smiles brightly. Aside from his entire civilian that is still safe, the Celestina Empire decides to dispatch the 15th Combat Regiment “White Knights” under the command of Sasha Sylwinder, the adjutant of Grand Duchess Freya Luminaire and 1st Expeditionary Fleet commanded by Commander Brunestud.

The Celestina Empire manages to capture the Wyvern Lord and its riders. In addition, they also repel the Imperial Oversight Army.

The Kingdom of Selarong will be rescued.

King Dimas later ordered the entire military personnel to fully cooperate with the Celestina’s Army to repel the Papaldia Empire. Knowing their own national power was no match for the Papaldia Empire, he trusts Celestina’s strength since their national power was far beyond their league nor even the Papaldia Empire itself.


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Capital Esthirant, Ludius’s Room

All the wealth in the Third Civilization was concentrated in the capital of Papaldia, and the person who embodied all that national power, Emperor Ludius, lived in the imperial palace. He was chatting in his private room with a snowy-haired woman. Jill already send the information regarding the wealth from the Third Civilization to the Celestina Empire.

“Remille, what do you think of the world, and what do you think of the Papaldia Empire?”

“Yes, Your Grace. While everyone else scrambles around in the dirt, the empire stands at the top of the Third Civilization. We exploit fear in order to control other countries, a method I find extremely efficient.”

“Correct. Ruling other countries by fear is necessary in order to expand our national power. The Holy Milishial Empire and Mu have chosen to live in harmony with their neighbors. It is torturous for our great empire to be ranked below such weak countries. Once we have total control of the Third Civilization, we shall reign supreme as the Great Empire—no, the Eternal Empire of Papaldia. Eventually, we shall bring the First and Second Civilizations under our heel, uniting the entire world under our rule, which will forever eliminate war and bring about true peace. This is what we envision for the people of the world… Do you understand, Remille?”

Remille trembled with emotion. His Grace was truly a magnanimous person.

“Your… Your Grace, you have thought so deeply about all the people of the world… I am truly moved,” Remille choked, tears welling up in her eyes.

“To accomplish this task, there is much blood that must be spilled. It is an unavoidable sacrifice—a small price to achieve great results. Those standing in the empire’s way must be removed.”

“You are absolutely correct!!!”

“By the way, Remille, what became of the incident with the Kingdom of Selarong and the barbarian Empire of Celestina? We would like to hear the results directly from your mouth.”

“Yes. As Your Grace commanded, the town of Sulbar in Selarong was captured. At that time, our forces captured two hundred fifty citizens of Celestina, who proved to be useful in our meeting with Celestina. We gave their diplomats our conditions and they refused to come to an immediate decision, so I used the magic image relay crystal to show them their citizens being executed.”

The emperor smiled faintly.

“Aah… they are surely in a panic right now. As we suggested, simply give them the opportunity to be educated. So, how did they respond?”

“As barbarians do, they became upset and raised their voices. Your Grace, I believe it would be better to simply exterminate trash like that. Why should we waste time attempting to educate them?”

“…We believe that all barbarians should be given an equal chance to avoid oblivion. If they are fools who choose not to take such a chance, then they deserve to be eradicated.”

“I understand. Your Grace, after Gowok falls and we capture all of the Celestinian there, I will open talks with them again. And then, if they continue to refuse our demands, we will execute the prisoners again and likely start a war of genocide. At that time, I will leave everything to Your Grace’s judgment.”

“Is that so… it shall be done.”

Pipipi~ pipipi~…

A bracelet on Remille’s left arm began blinking. Her face twisted in irritation.

“That is for official business, is it not? …We are not discussing any matters of import here, simply having a private conversation. You may answer your magical communications.”

Remille bowed to the emperor then tapped the communicator.

“What is it?”

“Celestina’s diplomats have requested an urgent meeting. Are you able to receive them?”

“That will be fine. Have them wait,” Remille ordered, then cut off the communication.

“Your Grace, Celestina has come again asking to meet. This may be the result of their education, their answer to Your Grace’s mercy. I shall take my leave here.”

“They may be barbarians, but their very existence is being threatened, so they must be desperate now. We hope you will forgive us for taking up your time with idle chatter.”

Remille turned back as she was about to leave the room with a refreshing look on her face.

“Your Grace, do you have any other matters to attend today?”

“None.”

“In that case, once I am done with my duties, may I return here?”

“We shall allow it.”

Remille was smiling brightly as she left. They were unaware that Celestinian Intelligence is wiretapping their conversation.


The Celestina Empire, Imperial Capital of Natunia, Hereford, Intelligence Command Room

Nicholas MacMillan manages to record all of their conversations. In the meantime, Sacchito, Alicia, Cecilia, Maya, and Eleonora has complete its ratification and demand. Surely this will be interesting.

“Glad she was still able to wiretap it.”

Lieutenant Jill Wagner and Lieutenant Silvano Shin Regal, both from Zealot Strike Force Lyrallei’s unit 1st Ghost Diplomat Company, are assigned to infiltrate and use their identities to infiltrate as far as they could without being spotted. With just 100 personnel, they manage to narrow it down to several key targets such as the 1st Foreign Affairs Department, 3rd Foreign Affairs Department, Military, and other essential Civil Servants.

Jill was able to gain Emperor Ludius’s trust to the point where he appoints her as his personal maid and also a Head Maid for both low-class and apprentices maid. Thanks to Jill’s revolutionary program, the head maid from both the middle-class and upper-class are stepping up their effort not to let themselves be outdone by Jill. Jill herself was loved by maids from all ranks, practically due to her attention to work and supporting other maids where there are often feuds or maids making schemes to gain better position or higher ranks. Because of Jill’s presence, the feud was rather suppressed considerably to the point where Jill will assess them based on their diligence of work. Any schemes that happen will be taken into account as she will deliver a proper punishment to those who commit it.

“Is Jill was already inside the recommended person to earn the medal?”

“It’s already been done by Grand Duchess Cecilia in person. She also wants to promote both Jill and Silvano to Major and a Red Wings Army medal.”

“Two-ranks promotion and Red Wings medal? Well, that was surprising.”

The news about the agents who infiltrate the Papaldia Empire’s Wyvern Overlord was still few, but the latest updates that they manage to handle ten Wyvern Overlords. The heist will be planned depends on where they will be deployed.


Second civilization, Superpower Mu

First Lieutenant Technical Officer Myrus had been summoned by the upper echelons of the military.

“…so, that means, First Lieutenant Myrus and Tactical Officer Lassan, the two of you are being sent to the Celestina Empire as observers.”

After that declaration, they went over the logistics in more detail.

  • Mu was 21,000 km from the Celestina Empire’s closest point, Zaid. This was too far for any single aircraft to fly.
  • That being the case, they would first fly on the passenger plane with the longest range. Then, the reciprocating engine aircraft La Chaoswith the cruising speed of 280 km/h and the cruising distance of 7000 km, to the international allied airport, then stop at three relay points along the way until they arrived in Zaid.
  • They would refuel as quickly as possible at each relay point, but it would still take five days in total.
  • After having contacted Celestina about it, as soon as they enter Celestina’s airspace, they will be escorted by combat aircraft and land at an airport in the Imperial Capital of Mechania, Zaid.
  • Celestina warned that it is possible that they might carry out their rescue operation before the observers even arrived. Mu acknowledged this and decided to send the observers anyway. They determined that there was still a high possibility of being able to observe live combat.
  • The Council Meeting will be held on 1st February and several diplomats are also being deployed to participate in the meeting. Myrus and Lassan will participate in the meeting as well.

As soon as the meeting concluded, Myrus and Lassan made preparations to leave immediately. Three hours later, they boarded the state-of-the-art aircraft La Chaos with food and supplies and began the long journey to the Celestina Empire. They are planned to be scheduled to be landed on the Celestina Empire on 24th January. The Celestina Empire also postponed the Council Meeting back to 1st February from the planned 27th January, but the diplomats were already welcomed to participate in the festivals. Some schedules are being adjusted due to the overall events was held for two weeks.


Celestina Empire, Imperial Capital of Rawley, Prontera, Ministry of Defense Military Division Main Headquarters

Sacchito and Eleonora arrive at the Ministry of Defense Military Division Main Headquarters. They plan to discuss Operation: Keraton and Operation: Lizard Catcher. The Ministry of Defense militaries, including the Minister in charge, General Douglas Darwin Grant, are present.

“At the moment, the Papaldia Empire is preparing for another offensive in the Selarong’s town of Sulbar. They have around three thousand ground infantry. We’ve also confirmed thirty-two ground dragons, which, judging by the battle formation they were used against the Kingdom of Verlaine’s army, we can conduct the Operation: Lizard Catcher plain. Considering these ground forces, we believe they will be ready to depart soon. They also establish a short airfield that allows them to launch wyverns from the town of Sulbar.”

Grant then gives the report.

“Although their troops are still in confusion because of the disappearance of Sulbar people two days ago, they believe that it was some kind of magic and planned to seek the truth by capturing the Capital Town of Gowok.”

The military commanders referred to a detailed map projected at the holo table and continued the explanation.

“Regarding their aerial forces, they have fifteen dragon carriers supporting twenty wyverns each, meaning they should have about three hundred total for their air force. Since their wyvern lords are currently maintaining control of the airspace throughout Selarong, their primary role is to provide supporting fire for their ground forces.

Their naval forces consist of two hundred and twenty gunboats, which are ships with more than a dozen large cannons installed on each ship. Fifteen dragon carriers, as previously mentioned, and a hundred and fifteen assault transport ships that carried their ground forces there. So their fleet has three hundred and fifty ships in total, and they are deployed in the waters around Sulbar. Fortunately for us, twenty-five of their ships, all fifteen carriers, and ten gunboats, are currently positioned about thirty kilometers west of Sulbar. My guess is that they’re trying to avoid any surprise attacks from enemy ships.”

Sacchito and Eleonora then observe the map at the holo table and take a look at every single insertion point.

“Alicia. Is the Crowz team ready to assemble with its equipment?”

“Each of them will be equipped with two SD-8 Strike Missile. They also use Photon Torpedoes for air units.”

“Sixty-four missiles… That’s quite overkilled, but… we can’t let get away from this. Any news from the preparation from the 15th Combat Regiment?”

“The White Knights are mobilizing from Natunia as planned. They will reach the town of Gowok somewhere around 25th to 26th January, considering they are being deployed from their homeland town, Okamikage. Alicia has 25 of HTC-92 standing by to extract the Land Dragons. Also, Kagefumi makes a request.”

“What kind of request?”

“He wants to take part and to eat the Wyvern Lords alive. He said that he found another delicious wyvern.”

“Don’t tell me that he eats all of the Wyvern Lord that was captured before?”

“Only one that was eaten and he wants to eat more of it.”

Sacchito only frowns hearing the dragon requests that were relayed from Shiela.

“All right. But if Kagefumi was not stuffed, he can eat all of the Wyvern Lords that was deployed to the capital Gowok.”

“I think the gap was like… One day, isn’t it? It’s enough for him to digest all of the Wyvern Lords at sea and expense the energy obtained from it before going for the next one.”

“Hmm…. You got the point there… So what about the infantries?”

Eleonora looks at the possible battlefield and pathway as she considered the mobilization of the dragons.

“I was more thinking that we can launch an attack from the rear with five LTC-F2 armed with Grenade Launchers to box them in. Of course, that means Entranger must be there and chew all the Wyvern Lords as soon as possible. We can do this once we captured the Land Dragons.”

“Hmm… So we can move to phase two after Operation: Lizard Catcher succeeds. What about the transport?”

“We will deploy four Assault-class Transport Destroyer. Also, we have planned one MCV to be deployed.”

“Please inform the King regarding the MCV since we need to find a suitable site for the MCV to construct it. Because of the size itself, we need a wide clearance area.”

“Also, for the ship. We do plan to bring 1st Expeditionary Fleet for this matter, right?”

“Yes. We’re planned to deploy three warships supported by the 2nd “Ocean Crystal” Division led by Rear Admiral Ishiene. The flagship of the fleet, Seraphic Ocean, will participate in it and I have authorized them to use Plasma Cannons and MAC since we’re also deploying a pair of Magnetic-class and Plasma-class destroyer.”

“Is the Fleet reassignment has been completed?”

“Yes. For now, it consists of 1 Halcyon-class Light Missile Cruiser serves as the Flagship, 1 Guardian-class Aircraft Carrier, and 4 pairs of Magnetic-class and Plasma-class destroyers. The corvettes are being reassigned into the different fleet.”

Grant was curious about the possibility of retaking Sulbar back after the ground forces have been annihilated. So he manipulates the map of Sulbar where the main force will be probably left the town lack of defenses. Eleonora only watches it while she also thinks of retaking Sulbar back.

“Is it possible if we can send them straight to Sulbar once we take care of the ground forces?”

“If the time is on their side, yes.”

Grant manipulates the holo map again. This time, he looks at every possible route the Papaldia Empire took. It is most likely they can advance under the cover of the Empire’s gunboat.

“Seems we’re going to need a Destroyer in case they do send the gunboats to assist the ground forces.”

“Hmmm… I think we should send it and we can immediately move to a pincer attack to smash the main fleet.”

“That’s what I’m expecting as well.”

“Interesting… All right, then. We can take this plan. Our job is to expunge the Papaldia Army from the Kingdom of Selarong. If the Papaldia Empire officially declares war on us, we will declare war on them as well.”

“Oh, and… We can sedate a thousand of them and put them to sleep.”

“What do you want to do, Your Majesty?”

Grant asks Sacchito about his plan of taking a thousand Papaldia soldiers into sleep.

“We will execute their body doubles when our diplomat returns to the 1st Foreign Affairs.”

“I see…”

Because Emperor Hillem stated that 250 deaths of the Celestinian Adventurers would be avenged by executing 1,000 Papaldia Soldiers in front of the 1st Foreign Affairs Official Remille, they would like to see her reaction to this.

“I think this will be interesting… Well, he made the right choice since we do what they do, after all.”

The meeting ended with the Ministry of Defense agreed to send more units to completely crush the Papaldia Empire’s army. With the initial units of 15th Combat Regiment “White Knights,” they will also deploy 1st Expeditionary Fleet, 2nd Division “Ocean Crystal,” and one Ancient Dragon.


Papaldia Empire, The Imperial Army, 24th January 1524 / 225

General Cius ordered the empire’s ground forces to be ready to leave Sulbar tomorrow and march 100 km southeast to the capital, Gowok. Because there were land dragons assigned to each squad, they would be taking a detour around the mountains through the Stetsel Plains. Lieutenant General Dolbo didn’t doubt that they would emerge victoriously, but he still felt inexplicable anxiety. It wasn’t something he had ever felt before.

They had executed a bunch of citizens from Celestina, a barbarian country outside the civilized areas. There was a chance that Celestina would fly into a rage and come attack them. If it were any other country that did so, they would simply wipe them out and everything would be fine.

However…

When Hank saw the equipment that was worn by Celestinian Adventurers, he suddenly became worried. He held in his hand a self-winding wristwatch.

There were watches in the Papaldia Empire as well, but they were all enormous and could only be hung up on walls. When he saw the souvenirs his wealthy friends had brought back from the superpower Mu, he had been amazed at their tiny, manually-wound wristwatches. He remembered feeling moved—this was truly a wonderful invention, devised in the most advanced mechanical country in the world, the superpower Mu!

But then… what exactly was he looking at right now?! Everything about it was better than Mu’s wristwatches: weight, design, texture, intricacy. And it wasn’t like there were only one or two people with these wristwatches; the vast majority of those Celestinian had one. Furthermore, more than half of the wristwatches… had second hands that all moved at the same time. The AI installed inside it also gives him a warning.

“You may consider surrender before they can kill you.”

“Hmph! I will not be going to be killed by such barbarians!”

“Is that so? Perhaps when you met the Celestinian soldiers, you can choose between raising the white flag or killed.”

What’s with this AI anyway? She recommends him to surrender as soon as possible to avoid bloodshed, which is not what he wanted. He wanted the Celestina Empire to bow down to the Papaldia Empire, but looking at their technology itself, it made him shudder.

Lieutenant General Dolbo made his preparations while mulling over his uneasiness.


On the same day, Reciprocating Aircraft La Chaos

It was a long flight. Definitely, it’s not a flight that could be made on a wyvern.

On the fifth morning after leaving Mu, the reciprocating engine passenger aircraft La Chaos was finally nearing the Celestina Empire. They would soon enter Celestina’s “air defense identification zone” at which point Celestina’s combat aircraft should arrive to escort them.

“I wonder what kind of combat aircraft will come?”

Technical Officer Myrus had heard last time that Celestina had a propulsion method other than the reciprocating engine, so she couldn’t wait to find out what it was. In contrast to Myrus, Tactical Officer Lassan was much more reserved.

“It won’t be very impressive either way.”

The moment he said that—

Four booms of thunder could be clearly heard even from inside their plane. They both involuntarily turned their necks to look out the window.

A combat aircraft shaped like an arrowhead with no propellers passed by them. The machine made a sharp turn, came up next to them, then slowed down to match their speed. One of the aircraft moved its wings forward, entering escort position.

“It’s… so fast!!!”

The two officers were stunned.

“It doesn’t have any propellers!!!” Lassan shouted, shivering.

Mu’s passenger aircraft was guided by the two CAG-2 and two LSF-3 into Celestina.

After some time, they finally entered Celestina’s airspace, near the Marvo Airport. They saw the Celestina Empire for the first time from the skies. Before their eyes was an advanced city with a population of 7 million people. Eventually, they landed on a pristine runway, the likes of which they had never seen before. The passenger aircraft they were riding was… the apex of the superpower Mu’s technology, and it looked like a toy compared to the numerous, giant, beautiful machines parked in a line at the airport.

“We’ve come to an unbelievable country…”

Myrus shuddered when she thought of the importance of their assignment.

Upon arriving at Marvo Airport and the aircraft parked at the Terminal used exclusively by the diplomats and official emissaries from other countries and or world, the Celestinian Military higher-ups met them.

“Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. We would like to invite you to be an observer aboard our destroyer.”

“Is the battle will happen soon?”

“Yes. After the battle, we will take you to the Royal Capital of Regnieburg to take a tour before the Council Meeting day.”

Myrus remembered that the Celestina Empire and the Kingdom of Selarong are currently going to handle the local conflict against the Papaldia Empire. She was eager to see this.

“Please, lead the way.”

“Certainly.”

Once they take the necessary luggage from the aircraft, Myrus and the Military Officers are being escorted into Clements Harbor Military Section to be transported into a Magnetic-class Destroyer, Golden Lion, and depart from the harbor as soon as possible.


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Capital Esthirant, 1st Foreign Affairs Department

Jacob and Rho from the Celestina Ministry of Foreign affairs were once again at the Papaldia Empire’s 1st foreign affairs department. They were meeting with Remille.

“You’re back already. Well, the fate of your country does hang in the balance. I should not be too insensitive,” Remille gloated with a twisted smile on her face. “Our empire is very generous. Even though you did not have an appointment, considering your situation, we will be forgiving this time. Now then… last time, the empire presented you with a list of conditions. Please tell me the result of your deliberations.”

Jacob and Rho nodded to each other before Jacob began to speak evenly, without sounding rushed.

“What I am about to tell you is the official response from the Celestinian government.”

“Oho, so you finally recognize the empire’s power.”

(So they’re delaying their surrender by coming to negotiate… How sly.)

“First, let me pass along this proposal to you, the Papaldia Empire.”

Asada handed an official document to Remille.

  • Immediately withdraw all armed forces currently in the Kingdom of Selarong.
  • Offer an official apology and reparations to the Kingdom of Selarong for damages incurred. For building damages, the cost of reparations will be 10 times the amount inflicted.
  • Offer an official apology and reparations for each of the Celestinian citizens. The cost of reparations will be 40 million pasos (the empire’s currency) for each head.
  • Paying a Tribute of 10 million Ceny each month for two years as a hush fee.
  • Admitting the Celestina Empire as one of the Superpower Nations.

“!!! What is the meaning of this?!”

“Unless these conditions are fulfilled, the Celestina Empire will expunge the imperial army from the Kingdom of Selarong by force. Of course, that will not be all. You yourself are naturally included in the list of our wanted list, but because of the generosity of the Main Council, they decide to educate you meticulously through this.”

“…You really are just barbarians in the end. You simply don’t comprehend His Grace’s benevolence… So you want war and for your entire population to be slaughtered?”

“Of course not. We are a peace-loving country that loves adventure. However, our honest citizens who were living in peace were ruthlessly murdered. We are simply treating criminals as they should be treated.”

“…You barbarians… such impudence…!”

“Our meeting now to demand the delivery of these documents and also for the sake of your empire’s citizen’s future. If things continue to escalate, we will soon have an all-out war. We would like to avoid involving regular people in an attack on your country.”

“…What a farce. Your country may have some standing among the countries outside the civilized areas, but you don’t even understand the fundamental difference in strength between a superpower and an uncivilized country.

It matters not. It appears you still require education. When Gowok falls, any Celestinian citizens found there will be captured. When that happens, you will only have your own powerlessness to blame for being unable to stop it. I look forward to meeting with you again after that. We’ll have to arrange another special show via the magic image relay crystal as we once again execute your Celestinian people for suspicion of espionage.

Do not forget that you are only allowed to keep your worthless lives due to His Grace’s generosity. But, if His Grace so desires, might this become a genocidal war? I hope the possibility of that reality, where every single one of your citizens is massacred, sinks in.”

“Well then, we also have a prediction for you. Your imperial army will be eradicated from the Kingdom of Fenn using our necessary strength. After that happens, let us meet again. The Celestinian government is curious to see your reaction when facing this threat. Please understand that our win has already been decided from the start. Oh, one more thing: if you decide to surrender, please use a simple white flag. Also, we will have a special present for you in case you refuse to comply.”

The meeting ended with Celestina clearly conveying its intention to fight back.


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Capital Esthirant, 1st Foreign Affairs Department, Inner Office

Remille was reading over a summary report that she dictated to one of the secretaries. Next to her was the Department Head Elto, reading over her shoulder.

“‘The barbarians… wish for their own destruction…’ Huh… ‘Their leaders are so stupid it’s almost unbelievable. For Celestina to feel no sense of crisis over the extermination of their people is something that I cannot understand.’”

Elto felt a little sympathy for Remille. The empire had completely destroyed many other countries. This would just be yet another. The peaceful image of the executed barbarians rose unbidden in his mind.

Knock knock.

“Enter.”

Deputy Head Hans ran in holding various documents. His face was pale and he looked extremely nervous.

“What is it?” Elto asked.

“Regarding our conflict with the Kingdom of Selarong, we have been closely monitoring any requests for observers from the other superpowers.”

“If you’re referring to the Holy Milishial Empire, they have already informed us that they do not intend to send an observer.”

“Yes, as always. So, when will Mu’s observer be arriving?”

Hans’s face scrunched up.

“That’s, um… Mu has declared that they will not be sending an observer to the empire.”

“Hoh, how sad for them not to send an observer. Have they gotten over their obsession with collecting combat data?”

“………”

Hans appeared conflicted.

“Hm? What’s wrong?”

“We’ve discovered that… Mu has sent observers to the Celestina Empire instead.”

“……W-WHAT?!?!”

“H-HOW is that possible?!?!”

The Papaldia Empire has little to the realization that Mu already admits Celestina as one of the Superpower nations through the presence of Interstellar Technology.

They zoomed over the ocean, just above the water. There were ten of them, painted blue to blend in with the color of the sea; they were nearly invisible when looking down from the sky. Four Customized LSF-3, known as LSFW-3, were flying about 12 meters above sea level at Mach 1, the speed of sound. Their main wings were equipped with one submunition dispenser missiles at each wing side, with the wings spread wide and unable to enter either escort or cruising mode because the wings were modified to carry missiles. Their objective was to destroy the dragon carriers currently 30 km west of Sulbar. Since there were thirty ships in the area, four were dispatched in case they all needed to be sunk and the priority target will be the Dragon Carrier.

Each aircraft carries two SD-8, which was clearly overkilled, but it was necessary since the Celestina Military wants to apply a double tap to make sure all warships receives at least two missiles. A Celestina Prowler, Arcus, was flying in the sky above at the altitude of fifty thousand feet and had already identified about twelve enemy units in the sky above the fleet. LSF-3 are being ordered to smash what was left of the air force while Kagefumi Entranger, the ancient dragon mounted by Shiela will consume around six Wyvern Lord first before moving to the feast at the island.

LSFW-3 continues its flight at the speed of sound. Their distance to the enemy fleet quickly shrank, and they had already entered the missile range. When they got within 100 km of the fleet, they received the order over the radio from Arcus.

“Fire at will.”

The squadron of four planes fired a total of eight air-launched anti-ship missiles, which blasted towards the Papaldia Empire’s fleet of dragon carriers.

4