Chapter 28 – Beginning of The Rebellion
101 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Kingdom of Selarong, South-West of Sulbar, Magnetic-class Destroyer, Golden Lion

“Please, wear this.”

All the crew on the bridge are wearing the same headset as a radio and suppressing the Magnetic Accelerator Cannon sound.

“What is this for?”

“This cannon’s sound is loud enough to make your ears deaf if you didn’t use it. Since the sound may damage your ears, safety comes first.”

“We’ve rendezvoused with Seraphic Ocean and Destructo from the north. Our range to the enemy target is 20km away.”

“Prepare the weapon. We will pierce as many ships as possible in one hit. We will do it at a regular interval to prevent overlap when firing.”

“Yes, sir.”

Raziel, fire at will.”

“Roger!”

Myrus and Lassan are curious about how the Magnetic Accelerator Cannon works.

Raziel itself was positioned 500km away from the battlefield, with the muzzles set on targeting one of the 100 ships of the line. The flagship of the Empire will be the last target as they will conduct a surprise attack.


The Kingdom of Selarong, the waters off Sulbar

The Papaldia Empire’s imperial navy had 185 ships-of-the-line in their grand fleet of 300 ships. They were getting into combat positions to engage the three warships sent by the Celestinian navy. Their 100-gun ships-of-the-line came to the forefront; they were the pinnacle of Papaldia’s technology and the apotheosis of their pride as a superpower. General Cius observed Celestina’s fleet from the deck of Papaldia’s largest, strongest ship, the commander of this enormous fleet, the super-P class ship-of-the-line Pull. This flagship monitored the fleet from its center.

“Darda, do you think you’d win?” he asked the captain standing next to him.

“With this giant fleet and our latest ships-of-the-line, I don’t think I could even lose against the Holy Milishial Empire’s famous Zeroth Magic Fleet. Strength in naval battle is based on both the quality and quantity of ships of the line. We have a hundred and eighty-five of the best gunboats in the Third Civilization; there is no such thing as a fleet that can surpass ours. Even if the Celestinian navy’s warships were stronger than ours, they have fewer cannons, and there are only three of them. They’re helpless before our fleet.”

Captain Darda had absolute confidence.

The fleet of ships-of-the-line poured as much magic power as they could into their Tears of the Wind God, filling their sails with wind and tearing forward through the waves. The Celestinian navy advanced with all their ships in a horizontal line while the other one was moving alone. General Cius kept a constant watch on the Celestinian navy.

He had never seen any ships as big as Celestina’s. They only had two cannons installed in the front of the warship. Based on the size itself, the cannon was probably similar to the gun turret found on Mu’s La Kasami. Celestina’s ships, also, just like in the magic pictures he’d seen of the La Kasami in the past, had no sails.

He had a bad feeling about them.

As far as aggregate firepower, their 100-gun ships-of-the-line had far more.

However…

“They’re fast.”

The enemy ships’ speed was well beyond their own sense of how fast ships could travel. If they were that fast, it would be rather difficult to hit them with their magic cannons.

“Well, it’s the same for them…”

The Celestinian fleet was about twelve kilometers away from them. He started to feel tense.

“Hm?!”

When the ships have rendezvoused, they start charging up their weapons. Cius saw the light gathered on each of the warships, and then the crew saw one of it fires three projectiles while the other two’s light is getting brighter slightly.

“The enemy ship fired!!!”

“But they’re still about twelve kilometers away. Is this some kind of ritual or ceremony?”

“Are they trying to intimidate us, maybe?”

There was no way the cannon shell could reach this far, so General Cius and Captain Darda hypothesized about what the Japanese were doing.

Suddenly, the foremost 100-gun ship-of-the-line in the imperial navy flashed, followed by the other two 100-gun ship-of-the-line.

The shell fired by the Plasma-class destroyer Destructo’s 25mm Plasma Cannon quickly boiled the 100-gun ship-of-the-line antimagic steel armor and sparked an explosion in the ship’s magazine. The pressure from the explosion pushed outwards, pulverizing anything made of wood and escaping through the entire deck. A magnificent pillar of flame blazed upwards, splitting the ship in half and sinking it.

“Ship-of-the-line Ropuhle has been sunk!!!”

This attack dumbfounded them.

“Wha… ho… how did this happen?!”

General Cius and the Pull’s Captain Darda stuttered at what they just witnessed.

BAM!!!

“Enemy’s other ship has fired a shot!!!”

KRAAKOWW!!!

Suddenly, twelve ship-of-the-line in the fire line of a Halcyon-class Light Missile Cruiser, Seraphic Ocean, was destroyed.

“What!? How!? How did that shot pierces our ships!?”

“Ships-of-the-line MishraLessineKusion, Paus, and eight others have been sunk!!!”

Ships were sinking so quickly that the reports were falling behind. The enemy ship was still way outside the range of the fleet’s magic cannons.

“The enemy ship’s course is changing!!!”

Still firing its cannon, the enemy ship was now firing the smaller cannon and moving towards the imperial fleet’s center. It was about six kilometers away. Every shot was a direct hit, and a friendly ship sank every time a cannon sounded. Some ships suddenly exploded at the rear of the Papaldia’s warship to add more panic, igniting the magazine’s chamber, and the explosion bursts outwards.

“Where is that attack came from?!”

“What kind of magic is this, for none of their attacks to miss?!”

“This can’t be happening… This can’t really be happening!!!”

General Cius and the crew did not see the next attack coming as the next one pulverized the entire ship at Pull, save for those at the top deck. The sniping delivered by Raziel-class Heavy Frigate, Raziel, was from 500km away.

“GYAA!!! Our ship has been destroyed!!”

Because of the MAC's round that generates wind pressure, the crew on top of the deck got thrown backward and fell into the ocean.

General Cius, Captain Darda, and the surviving crew were floating in the water. They hung onto a piece of wood that drifted near them, and they looked at the remains of the imperial navy. In an incredibly short amount of time, the superpower Papaldia Empire, the Third Civilization’s strongest country, lost every single one of its warships, its entire fleet sunk beneath the waves.

The Papaldia Empire’s imperial navy, 300 ships, engaged in combat with the Celestina Imperial Space Command Navy’s three warships and lost 300 ships. They were all destroyed.

A short time later, having lost its main force, the imperial army's remainder surrendered to the Celestina Imperial Space Command and Selarong’s Army when they came to take back Sulbar. The battle between a superpower and the alliance of two countries ended in the alliance’s complete victory.

In remembrance of this day, the town of Sulbar in the Kingdom of Selarong now holds an annual festival where bundles of wood are shaped into boats then set on fire, creating great pillars of flames. To remember the legacy taught by Eleonora and Luciana during their visit, they invent a new martial art that will later be able to produce Spearmaster, Axemaster, and Swordmaster. For the Rodenius Continent and the Kingdom of Selarong Citizens, the three warships, Seraphic Ocean, Destructo, and Golden Lion, are being lauded as the legendary warship that can crush 300 Papaldia warships unopposed.


The Kingdom of Selarong, Capital of Gowok, On Route to the beach

The people of selarong cheer once the 15th Combat Regiment returns to the city by having 2,450 Papaldia Empire soldiers as prisoners of war. Sasha was in the middle of the formation. At the same time, Palmyra was next to her. People lauded the Celestina Empire for being a hero while also booing the Papaldia Empire soldiers because of their actions. Celestina personnel forms a line so the people won’t attack the Papaldia soldiers. Retaking the town of Sulbar is fast since there was no one there when the Regiment arrived.

“Is everything set?”

“Yes. Everything is ready.”

“Excellent.”

One of the Papaldia soldiers who refuses to accept this defeat quickly breaks out of the formation and attempts to take Sasha and Palmyra hostage, proving to the citizens of Selarong that they cannot be prosecuted or claim themselves remain superior.

“Look out!”

Palmyra only sighs as Sasha immediately kicks his stomach strong enough to make him throw up.

“Ughooo…!”

“Do you need a harsher lesson?”

The soldier then was tossed into the air, and she lands another kick on his stomach. He holds his belly in pain as some blood spills when he coughs hard.

“Medic! Put this guy to sleep.”

“Yes, Ma’am!”

The soldiers who saw how Sasha could bring their comrades to extreme pains just shivers in fear. It discourages them further from making any other attempts to show their superiority. Even they have a flintlock, they won’t be able to beat her because of her speed that exceeds their expectations.

“Kicking your land dragon is more fun compared to kick a barbarian soldier like you. I do hope some of you want to try to escape, so some of the outer wardens can feast upon your bones.”

They have to accept the fact that the Celestina Empire completely defeats them. All of their warships have been eradicated, and if they manage to capture Selarong, they will be trapped and got nowhere to run. A beast woman like Sasha could kill them effortlessly if she treated them more seriously in the battle.

On the beach itself, another reality makes them realize their mistakes further. Ten ships designed to imprison them and transport them to the Town of Prison, Hopri, have arrived on the beach and awaiting loading. They realize that the Celestina Empire is actually a country they shouldn’t meddle with and can rate them as one of the existing Superpowers in this world.

The Officers want to honor their style and their desire to strengthen their legs to be nimble and move swiftly than before. Sasha’s recommendations were accidentally misinterpreting as somehow it was turned into a military tradition of the stone leaping known as Fahombo. It will be later first used by the soldiers that want to become an officer.


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Capital Esthirant

Within the department head’s office in the 1st foreign affairs department, the military’s Supreme Commander Arde held a meeting regarding measures that should be taken with Celestina in the future. Usually, for a single barbarian country outside the civilized areas, the Supreme Commander would deal with it himself, and someone in the imperial family like Remille wouldn’t interfere. However, because the emperor was interested in them and failure was unacceptable, all of the empire’s executives had gathered to contribute.

“The imperial ground legion should be conquering Selarong’s capital Gowok right about now. Miss Remille, is it acceptable to execute the Japanese tourists on-site again?” 1st department head Elto asked.

“Yes. This time we’ll be able to catch many more Celestinian people. Barbarians need to be thoroughly educated, or they’ll never learn. …The Celestinian people from Gowok were killed too quickly. Arde, this time, drag it out a bit.”

“Yes, I understand.”

“Then, regarding next steps…”

Clack clack.

Someone used the door knocker, interrupting their discussion.

“Come in!!!”

Deputy Head Hans entered the room, sweating bullets. “This has to do with your meeting, so please forgive the interruption, but I have these documents here…”

His face was drained of color. Hans thrust the papers at Elto.

-Emergency Research Report-

That was the title of the simple, five-page document on Elto’s desk. Deputy Head Hans summarized the report verbally.

“We were concerned about why the Second Civilization superpower Mu sent an observer to Celestina for the conflict with Selarong. This is the result of an investigation based on some information we received when the ambassador of Mu was questioned about his country’s reasoning.”

“I see.”

The 1st foreign affairs department knew that Mu sent an observer to the Celestina Empire, so they tried to figure out exactly why they did so. There was a theory that they were keeping tabs on a new magic spell that Celestina developed. If that were so, then they sent an observer to Celestina, who was fully prepared not to make it back alive… But even still, it would be strange not to send an observer to the empire as well, which was why they were puzzled.

“To just skip to the conclusion, Mu determined that Celestina would be the victor of the Selarong conflict.”

“What?!?!” Elto, Remille, and Arde all exclaimed at the same time.

“Hans! What does that mean?!”

“Mu’s analysis of information that they themselves collected concluded that the Celestina Empire would defeat our forces, and they admit Celestina as one of the Superpower.”

Everyone was stunned silent.

“It couldn’t possibly…” Supreme Commander Arde muttered. “What if we considered that, hypothetically, Celestina was aiming for all-out war with the empire? If that were the case, their preparations would be considerably far along by now. Thus, they could predict that we’d send our forces to Selarong and counter with a few thousand warships and a hundred thousand ground troops. Based on the military’s analysis, Celestina has gunboats. We believe that their technology level is low for an average country inside the civilized areas but extraordinarily high for one outside the civilized areas.

Even if they’re inferior to our country, if faced with a few thousand gunboats, the fleet we committed to Selarong would have a hard time. The biggest problem would be a lack of ammunition for their magic cannons. Our ground legion only has three thousand men; if the enemy ground forces exceed fifty thousand, it would be problematic. At any rate, General Cius is leading them. If he needed more troops, he would simply ask for them. We could send the western fleet. But… what information did Mu have exactly have to the point they admit Celestina as one of the Superpower…”

“If your scenario were true, could they defeat us?” Elto asked.

Arde replied with a smile. “Sir Elto, have no fear. While there is some concern that a drawn-out battle could result in a lack of cannon shells, it’s impossible to use blitzkrieg tactics even with thousands of ships. Our fleet wouldn’t take any damage. Furthermore, our Tears of the Wind God are the best in the world. With our ships’ speed, once again, we would avoid all damage. Even if this hypothesis were correct, our forces would simply need more time to destroy Selarong. I will check with General Cius later to see if we should send reinforcements. Selarong is close to the empire. Even if the enemy attacked with all of those forces deployed, our reinforcements would arrive in time before they ran out of the ammunition.”

The tension in the room finally relaxed.

“If it’s true… then Celestina… those damn barbarians!!!” Remille spat out angrily.

Clack clack.

“Excuse me!!!”

A young 1st department official entered the room covered in sweat.

“What now?!”

“I have a report from the Kingdom of Selarong. Ships-of-the-line, attack transports, supply ships, and dragon carriers, all of it has been destroyed. Our ground forces and the remaining forces garrisoned in Sulbar have surrendered to the allied forces of the Celestina Empire and Selarong.”

!!!!!!!!!!!

“What… What did you just say?!” 1st department head Elto asked, distressed.

“Tha… That’s impossible!!! Are you sure that information is trustworthy?!” Arde cried out, hoping it might have been misinformation.

Crash!!! The sound of porcelain shattering. Everyone in the room turned to look at what made the noise. What they saw was a demon shaped like a woman.

“…What was that?! Those piece of shit barbarians, even if it was a local war, they defeated our empire!!! Arde! This is your fault! How did your military fail to assess our enemies?!”

The Papaldian military deployed more than enough fighting power to demolish the Kingdom of Selarong. If Celestina weren’t there, Selarong wouldn’t have had the ability to repel them.

“My… My deepest apologies! I will immediately restructure the military. The empire shall never be defeated again!!! Let me excuse myself now to get it done!!!”

Supreme Commander Arde left the room in a hurry, as though escaping from the situation.

“G-Goddammit!!! Fucking barbarians!!!”

Remille’s eyes were completely bloodshot. Word of the empire’s defeat in the Kingdom of Selarong would quickly spread to other countries. Remille was well aware of the meaning and associated danger that this loss would have on the 78 countries the Papaldia Empire had under its thumb. Rule through fear would crumble if the suzerain states perceived their sovereign to be weak. This was the ultimate weakness of using fear as a collar.

“We’ll exterminate them! The immaculate Papaldia Empire has never been played for a fool like this before! We must annihilate the Celestina Empire! Elto!!!”

“Yes!!!”

“I will inform His Grace and seek his approval. Prepare for a genocide! Tell Arde too!!!”

“Y-Yes, ma’am!!!”

Remille stormed out of the office.

News of the defeat brings Jill and Silvano to a decision that they will use Kyeos as their primary negotiating point.


The Celestina Empire, Scarlet Palace, Press Conference Room

“Are you ready?”

Shiki holds Rosaria’s hand as she was nervous about this announcement. King Daara, the 19th himself, is also anxious for this announcement. Not only will he make an official address for the first time since both he and Rosaria went exiled for safety, but they will also be triggering the rebellion by executing the Papaldia’s soldiers captured from the battle of Stetsel Plains.

“Yes…”

Rosaria soon will receive a mantle of sovereignty from his father to take over his role as a queen. He will also announce the official engagement between Tohriu Shiki, the Commander in Chief of the Celestina Zealot Strike Force, and his daughter. Tohriu Shiki will effectively become a Crown Prince of the Verlaine Kingdom once the engagement was officially announced, and Rosaria becomes the queen.

The media gather as they will put this news on the newspaper's front page for the next day. It was one of the biggest news since Tohriu Shiki will become Rosaria’s fiancée, after hundreds of years single and as a former Special Operations Commander of Reynes Lexington’s Legion, Guardian of Valkyrie during Sacchito’s father journey to the Kingdom of Scharlwarltz.

“My daughter. This era is yours now, and Shiki… I will entrust my daughter’s future in your hands.”

“Yes, father.”

“Thank you. I will do my best to take care of her and support her rule, Your Majesty.”

They are now using the magical broadcast to send a live feed to all countries at the Third Civilization.


Kingdom of Verlaine, Royal Capital Blate, Underground Resistance

Resistance movements continued while the Kingdom of Verlaine functioned under the Papaldia Empire’s control. However, the strength of a superpower was immense; even if they somehow disposed of all the empire’s people from the country, they would simply send another army to enforce their rule. The underground organizations felt like they were fighting a battle they could never win.

Regardless, they would never think of stopping.

As per usual, Captain Rial was monitoring the empire’s movements. At the very least, if anyone from the royal family were still alive, by establishing them as the resistance leader, the citizens would endorse their activities. However, the king had died in the battle, and nearly everyone else in the royal family had either executed by the empire or was currently missing. They were unaware that the Celestina Empire manages to secure the King and the Princess a day before the battle breaks out.

“Damn!” Rial cursed, exploding from stress as he thought things over.

“Captain! Captain!!!”

All of a sudden, the door to the room slammed open. The operator in charge of intercepting magical communications from other countries rushed in.

(He didn’t even knock… what a rude guy.)

“Captain! Come to the comms room now!!!”

“What’s going on?!”

“Just come on, hurry up! Hurry!!!”

The operator grabbed him by the hand and pulled him out the door. In the communications room, among the many magical communication devices, one receiver was faintly glowing green.

“I’ve tapped into the Mauze Kingdom’s communications, a Third Civilization country! This is Mauze’s news!!!”

They focused on the device.

zzz…KSHSHzzzzz…

It appeared to have a poor connection, but somehow it suddenly pops a holographic view. The resistances were unaware that it was the Celestina Zealot Strike Force's work as they swapped Mauze Kingdom’s communications before the shipment. Later, the projector view becomes clear.

“zzz… zzKSHzzz… -ryone, I am the King of the Kingdom of Verlaine, Daara the 19th.”

!!!!!!!!!!!

Rial’s entire body convulsed as he had just been punched in the stomach.

“Your… Your Majesty, h-how is he’s still alive…?!”

“Shh! Quiet! You’re not listening!!!”

“As all of you know, our kingdom is currently being unjustly occupied by the Papaldia Empire. My last effort as a King of Verlaine was to establish a provisional government within Celestina's Imperial country, which I hereby declare the legitimate government of the Kingdom of Verlaine. I will also announce the official engagements between Tohriu Shiki and Princess Rosaria, whom I will entrust my mantle of Sovereign to take my rule as a new queen and the head of the legitimate government.”

The procession continues with the abdication of King Daara the 19th, passing the crown to Princess Rosaria and inserting a ring of engagements to both Shiki and Rosaria’s ring finger. Both bowed to the former king, and Rosaria gave the first official speech as a new queen.

“Through the mandate given by my father as the former King Daara the 19th, I now announce the legitimate official government of the Kingdom of Verlaine and my engagement with the Crown Prince Tohriu Shiki. The Kingdom of Verlaine and the Empire of Celestina are in talks regarding a security treaty, and we are making progress.

To the Papaldia Empire: withdraw from the Kingdom of Verlaine at once. If you do, there will be no needless loss of life. People of Verlaine! If you can hear my voice, then prepare yourselves for ‘that time’! Let all the people in our kingdom know that ‘that time’ has come! To those currently living under Papaldia’s rule, to all peoples across the world who are suffering! Today, the forces of Papaldia were driven out from the Kingdom of Selarong by the allied forces of Celestina and Selarong.

The Papaldia Empire, a superpower, is truly strong. However, they are not invincible!!! We will not lose!!! When the time comes, we will need all of your strength! And now, we shall teach them a lesson!!!”

The view comes to a thousand soldiers of the Papaldia Empire. All of them had their rope tied on the neck, and someone was standing behind a group of four. They can see Lieutenant General Dolbo, Tactical Officer Mush, and high-ranked Papaldia Soldiers trembled and scared of death. Although, in reality, they were the body doubles made by the 7th Dream Sleeper Corps, the actual body was already transported into the town of Hopri by the 15th Combat Regiment for detainment.

“As Emperor Hillem stated, one death from the Celestinian Adventurers will be exchanged by the death of the four Papaldian soldiers!”

Her eyes turn into a sightful of darkness and anger, seeing the Papaldian soldiers fear their own death. It’s a price they must pay, and the deed will happen to trigger the rebellion.

“Any last word?”

“I… I beg you… Please, spare us!! It’s because of her!!”

“Do it.”

“GYAAAAA!!!”

Mush and three other officers are being electrocuted to death by one of the adventurers.

“No, no!! Spare me!! UWAAAAHHH!!”

Another set of four Papaldia Officers are being burned to death by one of the adventurers.

“You barbarian!! Do you think they will let you get away with this?! They will exterminate all of you!”

Sasha, who was on the scene, only make a small chuckle.

“Only an idiot will say that, execute.”

Slash!

Another set of four Papaldian soldiers' head is separated from its body by the adventurers who hold a large sword to behead them.

The execution continues as the Papaldia Soldiers not only make a plea, beg, but also threaten the Celestina Empire that the Papaldia Empire will exterminate them if they continue to do this, knowing the Papaldia Empire will not sit idly watching their soldiers are executed one after another. Burned, electrocuted, decapitated, stabbed into the heart, any type of execution is deemed merciless by the sight of the people who watch it. The execution was cruel and brutal.

Lastly, the view comes to Lieutenant General Dolbo that remains silent.

“You’re a silent one, aren’t you? Perhaps the lady at the 1st Foreign Affairs did not expect their kind to be executed right in front of her eyes, probably getting boiled because of this. Our diplomat requests our citizens to be released, only to be executed under her command so that we will do the same thing as well.

The adventurers receive a musket that the Papaldia Soldiers used from the 15th Combat Regiment that seizes their weapon during their capture. Sasha looks at his face up close, insulting the Papaldia Empire.

You know, both your Emperor and that girl will lick our boots if they comes to the Celestina Empire in the first place. Thanks to her arrogancy and attitude, we have a reason to crush your Empire. Fire!

BANG! THUD! BANG! THUD!

In just four shots like that, all of a thousand Papaldia Soldiers' execution was complete, and no one was left alive.

“It is a taste of the weapon that you developed. Nothing is more humiliating than died by your own guns given by Emperor Ludius itself.”

Sasha stares at the monitor as the 15th Combat Regiment personnel, who was still at the Kingdom of Selarong, deliver the threat, challenging them.

“Go ahead and wage war on us, The Empire of Papaldia, because this is the payback for what you did to us at Sulbar! You wage war on us; we will see your Empire fell to despair!”

The execution ends as a reporter from the Celestina Empire. Then resumes the report.

“As you’ve just heard, King Daara the 19th has abdicated the throne to the newly crowned Queen Rosaria of the Kingdom of Verlaine along with announcing the engagement with Celestina’s Official, Tohriu Shiki. Both of them have just formally announced the establishment of the legitimate government of Verlaine. The Celestina government has recognized the former King and current Queen’s claim and announced that they are in talks regarding a security treaty. They are also urging other countries to recognize the government in exile.”

“…Uhh, we’ve just received breaking news. This concerns the statement made by King of Verlaine, Daara the 19th, earlier for the abdication of the throne, the engagement of Princess Rosaria with one of Celestina’s Official, and how the Papaldia Empire was defeated in the Kingdom of Selarong. Earlier today, Papaldia’s military, which had invaded the Kingdom of Selarong, was defeated by the alliance of the Celestina Empire and Selarong.

“Huh?! …Hey you, are these numbers right?”

“…I apologize for the interruption.”

“In the previously-mentioned battle, the Papaldia Empire lost over three hundred warships. This is… they were utterly wiped out, the Papaldian navy suffered enough damage to incapacitate them completely.”

(whisper whisper whisper)

“Ehh, the Papaldian navy’s dragon carriers, their main force, were also lost. All of their dragon carriers were also lost in the battle. The soldiers were surrendered and captured, with a thousand executed by the Celestina Empire.”

“What do you… I’m just reading the script. I can’t believe it either!”

“And now, for our next story. The mage Candee has developed a new spell to help make your skin healthier and more beautiful……!”

The broadcast ended.

The room was totally silent.

Everyone was quietly trembling with smiles on their faces, but on the other hand, they are also trembling in fear for the Celestina Empire’s brutal method of execution.

“The Papaldia Empire was completely routed in Selarong!!!”

“His Majesty and the Princess are still alive!!!”

“All right, until the time comes, we’ll keep giving our all!!!”

Morale in the underground resistance soared, but then someone lifts the magic ball as it was magic.

“Thankfully, we made it in time to help you in liberating the Kingdom.”

“W-where that come from?!”

They thought that the Papaldia Empire soldiers discovered their hideout, but three girls suddenly appeared from active camouflage.

“W-Who are you?!”

They don’t have weapons here, as they were alerted. Rial stops them as he notices that the girls did not leave any opening and can feel his head can fly off at any moment.

“Please be at ease. I’m Lieutenant Elena from Celestina Zealot Strike Force.”

“Z-Zealot?”

They lowered their guard a bit as Rial question them. He’s still shaken because of the execution made by the Celestina Empire earlier.

“Who is the man that was engaged with Princess Rosaria?”

“He’s the Commander in Chief of the Celestina Zealot Strike Force. I recall you already met him several times before the fall of the Verlaine Kingdom.”

Rial tries to remember it, and he recalled that there is one man who tries to approach Rosaria after the capture of one of the outlaws. He meticulously approaches her, to the point where the Papaldia Empire officials had a hard time against him.

“Hold on, you mean he’s the one that was once helping us in capturing an outlaw that was difficult to capture?”

“Correct.”

To think that man was the Commander in Chief of the Zealot Strike Force, he must be one of the most powerful men and gain intelligence more accurately than they did.

“What business you have here?”

“He has ordered us to prepare for the liberation day.”

“What?! You mean…”

“Yes. Master Shiki ordered us to assist you in preparing the rebellion.”

Rial did not expect that the Celestina Empire is willing to lend them their support. The advance team of the Zealot Strike Force arrives through the southern Verlaine three days before, and it was a part of Shiki’s plan to gain more information about the current situation at the Kingdom of Verlaine.

With Celestina’s support, they start to secretly spread the information while Elena and her unit will run a covert operation to know what the Papaldia Officials are up to.


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Capital Esthirant, 1st Foreign Affairs Department

“That… That’s impossible!! What the hell was the magic broadcast just now?! How did they…!”

The empire intercepted the recording that Celestina sent to various countries. An angry roar echoed throughout the building. The empire’s vassal countries were starting to declare their independence. Not only that, they were encouraging others to stand up to the empire as well. By displaying the execution of a thousand Papaldia soldiers, it soars the Papaldia Empire colonies' morale to rebel.

This was an erosion of the very foundations of the empire.

“Um… Miss Remille, about your request to meet with His Grace regarding the war of genocide, I believe you missed his response. His Grace has approved it.”

“Celestina has done something foolish. We’ll soon engrave the true terror of a superpower on all of their bodies. We will make them pay with this!!”

The executives continued talking in the office. Then, one of the window clerks burst into the room.

“What is it this time?!”

“Two envoys from Celestina’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs are here. They said they already sent word in advance that they would be coming for a meeting with the department leadership…”

………

3