Chapter 32 – Before The Blood Rose
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Capital Esthirant, Third Foreign Affairs Department

The day after Kyeos met both Jacob and Rho, he went into the office earlier than usual. He saw Regal making some documents, much to his surprise that no one is in the office yet. Gathering his courage, he starts to make some word sign to convince her.

“Does someone have a chess piece?”

Regal’s ear twitches as she looks at him.

“What kind of chess piece do you want?”

“I need a rook.”

“I have a rook you need.”

Kyeos then gives her a hand signal so she will come with him to his office room. She takes her seat once he sits down in his office. Since Kyeos already answered the counterword, she has no objection to help him.

“Good morning, Sir Kyeos. I’m First Lieutenant Regal from Zealot Strike Force. How can I help you?”

“I would like to know what the Celestina Empire wants from us after they declare war on us.”

The scroll paper appears in her hand, and she gave it to Kyeos. He opens the scroll and read all of the contents of the Celestina demands:

  • Make a formal apology to the Kingdom of Selarong and pay the reparation fee ten times the amount of damage inflicted.
  • Make a formal apology to the Kingdom of Verlaine.
  • The Papaldia Empire must hand over the status as a Superpower to the Celestina Empire without condition.
  • War tribute of 100 Million Pasos each month to the Celestina Empire for three years.
  • Receives the sanction of handing over all of the technology to the Celestina Empire.
  • Willing to release the entire seventy-seven nations into an independent country and to admit them as such.
  • The Celestina Empire will audit any laws to abolish the advantage of the Papaldia Empire, putting them into equal treatment with other nation.
  • Must pay seventy percent of the income to the Celestina Empire for five years.
  • Any slave around the Papaldia Empire will be subjected to immediate release without exception.

This condition remains negotiable once the Papaldia Empire officially surrenders to the Celestina Empire.

Reading the conditions makes his forehead and back full of sweat, the war tribute was equal o the Empire’s five months of income, and they have to pay it monthly to the Celestina Empire. Not to mention, the Papaldia Empire must pay seventy percent of the revenue to the Celestina Empire as a tribute for five years. However, when he saw the condition remains negotiable, he breathes a sigh of relief.

“Can you please install the communication device inside my mansion?”

“Certainly. I will ask my personnel to set it up for you.”

“On top of that, I will appoint you as my personal secretary from today.”

“Why’s that?”

“I want to keep the negotiation table open, and I don’t want you to be interrupted with other works. You can hand your position as Head Clerk to Rita.”

“Certainly. Oh, by the way, don’t forget that we’re still playing with your country until they realize their mistake.”

Kyeos gulps heavily, hearing that word from Silvano. It seems that the Celestina Empire did plans to humiliate the Papaldia Empire further and taming them by using their own doctrine against them.

“It’s a pity that witch ordered the execution of our adventurer. If she’s smart, she could just keep the adventurers' hostage, so our movements will be limited. Don’t worry about her, anyway, since both Jacob and Rho already give her a scroll. You will be the chief of this negotiation, not her. She has to meet you in person if she wants to save the Empire from destruction. Thanks to that, we can play with them more.”

The “witch” Silvano mention refers to Remille, the 1st Foreign Affairs Department's acting head. Kyeos just realizes that he will be the one that bridges the negotiation between the Celestina Empire and the Papaldia Empire. Later that day, Silvano was promoted as a personal secretary for Kyeos, while Rita is promoted as Head Clerk to take her position.


Nomad Palace, Main Council’s Office Hall, Alicia’s Office

Alicia summons the Ambassador of Mu, Bruno. Being called by the Main Council makes Bruno panic since he was summoned by one of the Celestina Main Leaders.

Kon Kon

“Ma’am! I brought the Ambassador!”

“Bring him in.”

“I’m Bruno, the Mu ambassador. What can I do for Celestina today?” he asked somewhat nervously. He looked somewhat panicked.

“Actually, the Celestinian government has a request for your country.”

Bruno’s expression degraded into even further panic, much to Alicia’s curiousness as he wondered why he was nervous.

“And what might that be?”

“First, take a look at this.”

Alicia went into a holo table and activated the table. It features the detailed terrain of the Verlaine Kingdom.

“I hear that Mu built an airport for the purpose of maintaining diplomatic contact with their allies.”

Alicia moves her hands to zoom in, and it stops once it reaches an airport made by Mu.

“We want to ask for permission to use this airport in the Kingdom of Verlaine. We’d also like a few details on it, such as how much weight it can support.”

“Wha!!! This… This is so intricate! Is this a magic visualization?!”

“No, this was taken by one of the Orbital Defense Platforms of my country at the outer space while we also complete it with recon from Prowlers and our Zealot Strike Force to make a perfect holographic map.”

“!! …No no, I’ve read your country’s books, but I’m still beholden to my old common sense. This holographic map is so detailed, but I already know about your country’s technology.”

Bruno took a deep breath. The tension that was showing on his face earlier was now already gone.

“You’re correct. My country built that airport. I don’t have the exact specifications on hand right now, but I will contact my superiors and let you know as soon as I hear from them. Because of the large-scale magic gem mining operations in the Kingdom of Verlaine, we had been developing a large transport aircraft for future use, so it should be quite sturdy.

However, whenever we construct an airfield, we build it with permission from the country, then the airfield belongs to that country. So if it’s built in the Kingdom of Verlaine, it becomes Verlaine’s property. Verlaine is currently under the Papaldia Empire’s rule, so it technically belongs to Papaldia. When the empire attacked Verlaine, they gave advance notice to Mu, so none of our people are currently there.

So, if you want permission to use an airfield, you must ask its current owner for permission, not Mu. If the country that owns the rights allows it, Mu has no reason to object. With regards to Verlaine, under the empire’s rule, it cannot be used in its current state, so if Celestina wants to use it as a base, you’re free to remodel it as you see fit. We don’t mind.”

Alicia nodded as she looks at the holographic view of the airport.

“Thank you very much. Oh, and one more thing, Regarding the Technology Outflow Configuration on The New World to the country of Mu, we already send Myrus as a messenger to inform the brass that Mu will receive a Battleship. Also, Feena wants to open plenty of applicants with a scholarship for Mu citizens that wishes to study here.

Mu will receive plenty of privileges considering Feena wants Mu to advance the technological science ahead before advancing the magical technology as well.”

“That’s… That’s wonderful news!!! I do hope that… it continues moving in a favorable direction.”

Their meeting concluded.


Scarlet Palace, Rosaria’s Room

“Are you okay, Rosaria?”

“Uhm…”

Even though both Shiki and Rosaria were officially engaged less than a month ago, they already deepen their relationship to where they will sleep together as husband and wife. Both were tired after servicing each other, even after giving each of their first time together once they were engaged weeks ago. They can sense the bed was creaking when both are doing so.

Rosaria leans her head between his chest and his neck so Shiki can nudge down and kiss her lips, hugging her with passion while their bodies are covered in a blanket as their clothes are scattered.

“I feel comfortable when you’re with me, Shiki. Will you stay with me at the Verlaine Kingdom for the rest of your life?”

“That… Will be difficult, my dear.”

Looking up at him, she looks concerned.

“Why?”

“I need to consult with him first. If he’s willing, then we can live at the Celestina Empire once we have sufficient life and entrusting our duty to the youngsters.”

“You mean… You won’t be aged for years to come?”

“No.”

Holding Rosaria close, Shiki tells his brief story.

“I was serving the Great Emperor’s father as a Commander of the Special Operations Unit. I serve him until his ascension as the King of Scharlwarltz Kingdom. That’s where I was selected to take this blessing.”

Rosaria can see some flame sparkles around his body, a flame that makes her look at him in amazement. She was able to identify what kind of flame emits around his body.

“The flame of the phoenix.”

“Yes. I still have it with me, and since I already receive the blessing of Eternal Life from the deities. I need to return this blessing since I no longer need it because of a similar effect. I need his permission so that I can pass this power to you.”

“So, that blessing is originally belongs to him?”

“Yes. I will try to convince him so you can receive it.”

“Okay…”

Kissing her forehead again, Shiki seems to have a good time enjoying his life with Rosaria. Even though she was a princess with a slender body and well-developed on her chest, probably between D to E cup, she was able to adapt to her new life as a queen and his fiancée with less than six months. Once they calm down, Shiki opens another conversation.

“Dear. Do you mind if we’re going to use an airfield in your homeland?”

“But, it’s under the Papaldia Empire’s occupation, isn’t it?”

“No, I mean… Once we take back your homeland, my country wants to use it.”

“Please use it as you wish, dear.”

Suddenly, her mind goes back to where she dreams of the liberation of her kingdom.

“I-is it possible that you plan to attack the Kingdom of Verlaine soon?”

“Yes. I will participate in that battle. Would you like to come with me?”

“Yes! I want to bring hope to my people! I want to fight with you!”

“I will tell Alicia about this matter, okay? She probably will ask you the same thing.”

“Okay.”

Kissing her lips, they began their time as a couple again before they went to sleep. The bed is creaking as both are making love once more.


The Celestina Empire, Scarlet Palace, Rosaria’s Office

At her office, Rosaria is preparing some program where she will leave the program's execution to Shiki at Celestina while they will prepare for the day when they will liberate the Kingdom of Verlaine. They both work together since the purpose of the program they made right now is to restore Verlaine’s economy before restoring other sectors.

Kon Kon

“Grand Duchess Alicia, with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has arrived!”

“Enter!”

Alicia, with several Officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, enters the office. Both Rosaria and Shiki are moving to the meeting table while Former King Daara the 19th, also arrives to supervise the meeting.

“Good morning, Your Majesty Rosaria. Have Shiki informs you about our purpose to be here?”

“Yes. It’s about Operation: Blood Rose, isn’t it?”

“Then, should we cut to the chase for this discussion?”

Rosaria nods again.

“Then, we will make this simple. We would like to modify your airport to fit our needs. The first thing is to upgrade the airfield into one of the main bases for the Celestina Empire. Additionally, the upgrades include the creation of the drydock to fit the Starships. We also plan for several things, such as turning the Kingdom of Verlaine into the gateway of the Third Civilization, one of our top priority lists to receive our technology, and one of the main hubs to this world.

For the commercials, we will help your country advance its economic diversity to survive without relying entirely on the Silitsa Magic Mine in the future. Also, our intel team already found the quality of the rose flower, and it’s an excellent one. We want to import it to increase your economy.”

“I will give you all the authorization to do so with one condition. Both myself and Shiki will participate in the battle to liberate my homeland.”

“I understand. I will discuss this on the military council. Shiki, how much personnel do you plan to deploy?”

“I will go along with the Strike Force that hits the capital since I already have a hundred personnel stationed at Blate.”

“All right, then. We will see you at the War Council, then. We will discuss it today, around 3 PM.”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

The meeting ended up early, with a clear intention from Rosaria to join the battle and accepting aids from the Celestina Empire.


Holy Milishial Empire, Imperial Capital Runepolis

The information office was experiencing an unprecedented overload of work. The Holy Milishial Empire understood the importance of “information” and operated with the philosophy that whoever controlled information controlled the world, so they poured a lot of resources into information analysis. However, there were two matters they simply could not understand.

The first was the Gra Valkas Empire, which arrived out of nowhere from the western seas some years ago and suddenly barged into the spotlight of history.

There was a wall separating civilized countries and uncivilized countries that could not be scaled. While there were many cases of uncivilized countries becoming civilized. Because all the civilized countries looked down on the uncivilized ones, it was basically impossible for an uncivilized country to surpass a civilized country’s national power on its own. There were also many limits on the spread of technology outside the civilized areas. Because of this fundamental difference in national power, civilized countries siphoned off various resources from uncivilized ones. This was a right ordained by nature and granted to those who progressed faster and stood above others.

Throughout history, many uncivilized countries tried to band together to assault the civilized areas. However, not one ever succeeded.

The Gra Valkas Empire, an uncivilized country, subjugated the lands around it in the blink of an eye. They started to negotiate with the Second Civilization before trying to go through the Pulse Kingdom as an intermediary to Leifor. Considering Leifor’s temperament as a superpower, this was the correct approach. However, when negotiations were set to begin, they were turned away at the door and told to go through the Kingdom of Paganda for further negotiations.

So, they went to Paganda, which was under the protection of Leifor. They had to negotiate with the Pagandan royal family. The Gra Valkas’s goal was eventually changed to speak with Leifor directly, but the Kingdom of Paganda treated them like uncouth barbarians, insulting them and demanding bribes. They even knew that Gra Valkas’s chief negotiator was a member of the imperial family, which completely set them off in anger.

(Even though we lowered ourselves to deal with your little shithole country, you’re taking that attitude with us?!)

According to the Celestina Imperial Intelligence Security Agency, or known as CIISA, they obtain intel from Celestina Zealot Strike Force about the bribes. They demand at least fifteen kilograms of gold bullion and five kilograms of gold bullion a month. This was worth around at least fifteen hundred thousand Ceny for the initial meeting and five hundred thousand Ceny for monthly tribute. If it were from Celestina’s point of view, they would play Paganda’s mind to scare them off with “wonder weapons” that can astonish them or putting them into a docile being.

The Main Council and Emperor Hillem agreed that they would only use gunboat diplomacy should the neighboring country does not budge from their presentation unless requested. Qua-Toyne Principality's case can also be listed as gunboat diplomacy, albeit it happens due to the accidental discovery from the Qua-Toyne Navy upon setting out the 1st Expeditionary Fleet.

To the Paganda royalty who were negotiating, they were just some uncivilized barbarian diplomats, and Leifor protected Paganda so that they could act however they wanted. To Gra Valkas, these insults were considered lèse-majesté, so they declared war on the Second Civilization in anger, attacked and took over the Kingdom of Paganda, and then completely routed Leifor the subsequent battle.

Information Director Arneus was getting reports from his subordinates.

“Have we gotten any new information on the Gra Valkas Empire?”

“Currently, we have yet to learn the location of Gra Valkas home country. Also, based on our analysis of their war with Leifor, we believe the Eight Empire’s warship, the Grade Atlastar, is comparable to our latest warships, or perhaps even more powerful. It’s hard to believe, but those are the results from our analysis based on the battle report.”

For a country this powerful to suddenly materialize from beyond the void made the director’s head hurt.

The second thing they didn’t understand involved the Topa Kingdom, a country in the northeast corner of the Third Civilization continent of Fillades. One of the myths in the Third Civilization was the Demon Lord Nosgorath coming back to life. When that event occurred, an uncivilized country called “The Celestina Empire” sent a Battalion of Adventurers. Amongst the Battalion, someone who declares as the Great Emperor of Celestina defeated the Demon Lord Nosgorath in one-on-one combat. The weapons Celestina used to beat the golem were called “tanks,” while Celestina was able to settle the fight against the Demon Lord in one-on-one combat. After analysis, they concluded that Celestina's engine was completely beyond Milishial’s magic engines' capabilities. Perhaps if they could shrink them…

Even more unbelievable, they also used what appeared to be a magic cannon called Astral Cannon and Astral Artillery, which has some guided projectiles and can be manned by a single person. The empire’s magic trajectory, such as missiles, was currently being developed for use against ships; an anti-air version used by the Astral Cannon was still a distant dream. One small enough to be man-portable was even further away, a dream within a dream. If this report were right, then the Imperial country of Celestina was far more advanced than the Holy Milishial Empire.

Of course, this report was considered completely unbelievable, and, within the information office, very few people believed it could be true. However, the other day, the Papaldia Empire, which had invaded the Kingdom of Selarong, lost enough of its forces to be considered obliterated by the allied forces of Selarong and Celestina. It was much harder to dismiss the report on Celestina’s military technology as a fabrication now.

“We need to gather more information on Celestina!!!” Information Director Arneus ordered.


The Scarlet Palace, War Council Room

“So, we can strike it from here…”

Eleonora and some of the Ministry of Defense Officials, including the Minister of Defense, General Douglas Grant, are discussing their way to attack the Papaldia Imperial Army. According to information obtained from the Prowler Team Alpha led by Radar-class Prowler Arcus, the Papaldia Empire’s army concentration was divided into three main armies.

The first is East of Blate, where the Papaldia Imperial Navy Occupation Force docked their warships. Rosaria will use her Starship, Verlaine Prayer, to commence the assault by obliterating the warships and wyverns for air dominance.

“Shiki, where’s your point of drop?”

“I will drop close to the capital. I have a Company of Strike Force ready to lead the Verlaine rebels to liberate the capital. Rosaria, can you command Verlaine Prayer?”

“Yes. I wish to see the battle with my own eyes.”

“Excellent. Next is…”

The occupation force number was around 3,500 personnel, and most of them are concentrated to observe the enslavements at the Silitsa Magic Gem mine. Aegina will lead her 91st Red Wings Assault Battalion that serves under the 8th Special Combat Division using Drop Pod attack. Lily and Lyla will also participate in and deploying Coffee Rabbits 1st Assault Company. They will sort the personnel from both 81st and 102nd Special Support Combat Division. Both landing zones will be different in order to confuse the Imperial Soldier when assaulting the camp.

Aegina was the Commanding Officer of the 8th Special Combat Division, while Lily commands the 81st Special Combat Support Specialized Division and Lyla commands the 102nd Special Combat Support Specialized Division. Luciana herself commands the 3rd Special Combat Division and is currently on joint training with the Selarong Warriors.

The third army is the governing board army, numbering around a thousand. Shiki plans to lead his strike force and his Zealot Strike Force.

“What about Luciana, Aegina?”

“She won’t participate in this battle since she needs to assist Grand Duchess Eleonora in training the Selarong Warriors.”

“All right, then… I will try to rendezvous with Verlaine’s resistance Commander, Captain Rial. We will capture Zion alive.”

“Understood.”

“Let’s capture as many prisoners as we could. Inform Ishiene to make a recon while we’re engaging.”

“Roger.”

With that preparation, they will prepare for the Operation: Blood Rose. The people of Verlaine will make their uprising once Celestina achieves their objective.

1