Chapter 45 – The Council Meeting 3rd Year
64 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Papaldia Empire, Esthirant Port, 3rd January 1525 Central Calendar / 3rd January 226 Celestina Calendar

Fifty representatives, including Emperor Ludius, Remille, Kyeos, Pioiotus, Varhal, Lotte, Brutti, and those who Silvano has selected as the delegation to the Celestina Empire, are waiting at the port. The port itself was crowded with people, as they thought their Emperor was going to the Celestina Empire as a Prisoner of War. They come to the departing port with the castle's carriage, as the workers and servants are gathering their belongings.

"Welcome. We have been waiting for you."

On the port, there were Silvano, Sofya, Lyzz, and diplomat Michelle LaCroix. They bow their body slightly as they greet the Papaldia Empire representatives. They didn't expect that only girls have come to greet them, while they wondered where the boys were.

"Allow us to introduce ourselves. I'm the Grand Duchess of Childre, Sofya Viltaria, and this is one of my adjutants, Lyzz Linda Ragford, and the diplomat of Celestina, Lieutenant Michelle LaCroix. You may know Captain Silvano Shin Regal already, which we will assign her here as an ambassador. From here, three guides will meet you. They are Ambrose, Jack, and Lana. Since all of you have gathered, we will call the ship."

As soon as Silvano makes a loud whistle to the sea, people can hear some noise from the sea.

VWOOO~~~!!!

A ship with a small island's size appears before them as it slowly approaches the edge of the deep sea. The size like that makes Emperor Ludius and the Papaldian Officials dumbfounded.

(I... It's so huge!! That size was beyond our biggest Dragon Carrier!)

"H... Huge!!"

"It's bigger than our ships-of-the-line!"

"They must be wealthy!"

The citizens did not stop talking about the Cruise Ship that was named Moonlight of The Seas. Three smaller ships approach the port, and from each smaller ship, Ambrose, Lana, and Jack are stepping out from it, welcoming them. The people continue to talk as the small ship can move fast even without a sail.

"Welcome to the trip to the Celestina Empire. I'm Ambrose, who will become your guide for your days at the Celestina Empire. If anyone wants to ask, please don't hesitate."

Surprisingly, Lotte takes the initiative by raising her hand.

"I-I have a question!"

"Please."

"T-that huge ship doesn't have sails. How is that ship can move so fast?"

"We were using a fusion engine to operate the cruise ship. If you can say, it's similar to Mu, but our technology was more advanced than Mu."

"!"

Fusion Engine? Is their machinery more advanced than Mu? That's impossible!"

"If you want to experience it, please get on board. We will be leaving shortly."

Boarding the small ship, the ship's crew loads their belongings into the small cargo ship. Once everyone was seated, the boat slowly turned around and traveled at full speed as soon as the boat was clear to make a full throttle. The people are cheering, hoping the Emperor will someday return.

(Fast!!)

They feel the wind because the boat they are boarding is traveling at high speeds. Once they reached the deck fit for the small boat, they were guided by the cruise ship's staff to the passenger's deck before moving to the receptionist area. The receptionist staff welcomes them.

"Welcome to the Cruise Ship Moonlight of The Seas. Delegation group from the Papaldia Empire, we've arranged each room for you. Our tour guide Ambrose will give you a briefing once all of you receive the key."

They took the room key, and each of them received one room. Kyeos was curious what kind of room he would get, as Elto asked him.

"Hey, Kyeos. What kind of room will we get?"

"Looking at the majestic size of this ship? I bet we can get something luxurious."

When every one of the Papaldia diplomat members has the key, he calls someone.

"Joachim!"

Joachim, an AI that reveals wearing a Pope uniform, appears before them.

"Welcome to the Moonlight of the Seas. I'm the AI of this ship, Joachim. I will do my best to make your trip as comfortable as possible. We will sail to Zaid in four days of cruising. In the meantime, our tour guide will give you a course about the Celestina Empire and preparing yourself for the Council Meeting. Celestina Officials will introduce their history and culture at Deck Seven in three hours.

The Main Council has also selected the two hundred prisoners of war that will be going with your group at the end of the visit. The rest of them will be going ahead to return to the homeland."


Excerpt from Remille's Journal, Day One of the Sail

I can't believe my own eyes for what I've witnessed today. Despite we have been defeated in this war, they continue to treat us as a state guest. Just looking at the interior of this ship makes me curious about the Celestina Empire further. At first, I saw the Celestina Empire as a part of the barbarian countries due to their country that was located outside the Third Civilization. However, after our humiliating defeat, now I realize that the Papaldia Empire poke the Hornet's nest.

During the presentation about the Celestina Empire from tour guide Ambrose, little to realize that they suffer more than we did, and yet Celestina endures it. From every war they suffer, they continue to advance, and it becomes the country worth earning a title of Superpower. They did not brag about their status or exploit their title to their benefit. For us, the Papaldia Empire citizens, we feel the greatest shame when the Celestina Empire helps other countries grow, and they vow their allegiance to be allied with the Celestina Empire.

Should we behave like Celestina, I'm sure we can pull it off. But right now, we have a long way to go atone for the sins that we make throughout our expansions to other countries. With the Seventy-Seven countries free from our grasp, now we will rebuild ourselves to the new era.

Remille closes her journal while the other Papaldian representatives are enjoying themselves inside the Cruise Ship.


Day Four, South West of Zaid, Morning

"Hey! Look at that! We've arrived at the Celestina Empire!"

The cruise feels so fast. If it was the Papaldia Empire's fastest ship, they could reach the Celestina Empire in at least two weeks.

"Remille."

"Yes, Your Grace."

"Have you ever thought that we make the biggest mistake in our entire life?"

"I think so, too..."

Both Remille and Ludius were not able to comment any further than this. They witness it by themselves, the Celestina Empire's National power, their technology, and their people. They already far surpassed what the Papaldia Empire could expect.

"It was already decided from the beginning..."

"If only I decide to send a diplomat after the Liberation of Verlaine..."

Remille regrets her action. During two months of a break after the Liberation of Verlaine, she can use that chance to send a diplomat to the Celestina Empire and decide to end the war. However, because of her arrogancy at that time, she never decides to dispatch a single diplomat to the Celestina Empire. Surely enough, the Papaldia Empire will not use extraterritoriality against the Celestina Empire once the diplomat witnesses the Celestina Empire's National power.

Near the port, they saw several League-class and Empire-class Astral ships that started to ascend into the sky, the Destroyer Warship exceeding their ships-of-the-line, and other things they had never seen before. They were stunned to see Celestina's technology's advancement once they witnessed it with their own eyes.

Before they approached the deck to disembark, they heard someone singing from the ocean. At the top of the stone, they saw the Queen of the Kingdom of Embellia, Emelone, singing with the mermaids.

"Bored at sea, Your Majesty?"

"Like that. So, is that the Papaldia Empire's diplomat group?"

"Yes!"

Emperor Ludius, Remille, Elto, Kyeos, Brutti, Pontifex, and the rest are watching Emelone and the Undines relaxing at the large stone. They did not expect the Celestina Empire possess such assets like this. Should these mermaids be equipped for combat, they will be unbeatable at the sea, which is true to the reputation that the Undine is the champion of the sea.

"How fast can they swim?"

"Up to eighty kilometers per hour. However, they can't be armed well since any weapons made of metal can rust faster because of the sea."

Ambrose has to deceive them to avoid the suspicion that the Undines were involved five months ago during the Great Naval Battle of Esthirant. The Undines are the ace of the sea, and they can fight with maximum efficiency with aqua equipment.

Disembarking from the ship, Lana guides them into two buses. Initially, Ludius and the other thought they would be riding a carriage, but they were wrong. When they get on the bus and take a seat, they can feel comfortable sitting at the chair, like a sofa for them. The bus took them into the Red Moon Hotel, and once they went inside, they were in awe of its beauty. When they're looking at the civilians, they notice something different. Some of them wear a futuristic uniform, while some are also wearing a medieval uniform like them.

"Mr. Ambrose. I want to ask a question." Ludius calls for him.

"Go ahead."

"These civilians... I noticed that some of them wear clothes differently than us, but I also saw some of them are wearing clothes similar to our homeland. How can we tell the differences? Do they come from a different era?"

"Oh, you mean people like them?" Ambrose looks at a party of adventurers that wears different armor. Some of them are wearing full armor, some of them only wear bikini armor and long pants, and some are wearing leather armor. They are discussing regardless of their origin.

"Yes. How can we tell the differences?"

Hearing that, Lana answers the question.

"They are the adventurers. Almost the entire Celestina citizens are adventurers or working related to adventure. It can go to the monster subjugation, collecting ingredients, even to the point where they can participate in the military campaign. The suit they wear is based on the specialty or class they choose, especially the suit they wear is their signature uniform. All the military personnel is also adventurers, and you can't tell their differences due to the profession they take when they become an adventurer."

"What's the highest rank for these adventurers?"

"The highest rank was held by the Main Council and the two Primordials. They're at the SSS+ rank. They have been running thousands of adventure and military campaigns."

"The Main Council? Who are they?"

"You've already met one of the Main Council members, the Grand Duchess of Childre, Sofya Viltaria. Each of the Main Council members possesses a territory to manage, and each of it has its own specialty. We are now at Mechania, a territory run by Feena Minazuki. The other territories are Childre, Regnieburg, Sahara, Studia, Geffen, Natunia, Rawley, and Byade. The territory of Byade is where we kept all the Prisoners of War."

"What is this territory specialty?"

"This territory was specialized at Mechanical technology. This territory is the primary production for machinery, and don't even try to talk about an invasion. Each territory is watching each other in case there is an attack from both inside or outside the territory."

Ludius was about to taunt her, but he became hopeless once he heard it.

During their time sailing to the Celestina Empire, they receive a course about the Celestina Empire. The Empire's population, each of the territory's population, military strength, and their culture. Some of the Papaldia Empire fear the worst, as should the Celestina Empire includes the enlistments of the adventurers to the military, making almost all of the entire population are military personnel.

Lotte raises her hand, asking a question again.

"How do you communicate?"

"We use this on our wristwatch. One of your commanders, Lieutenant General Dolbo, already experienced it, and thanks to that, he was able to surrender. This wristwatch has everything we need, and even if there are disruptions, we can switch to another channel for safety."

Their time to stay at Zaid is short since the Council Meeting will be held on 10th January at the Royal Capital of Regnieburg. They will leave for Regnieburg tomorrow.


The Next Day, 8th January 1525 / 226

All of the Papaldian Officials were stunned once they saw the Adventurer's Guild. Once they went inside, they could see people from multiple races are flocking here.

"Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild."

The place of the Adventurer's Guild and its location next to the military office make them curious. Kyeos asks Ambrose about this matter.

"Mr. Ambrose. About the military, you said that the active service military could do their job as an adventurer, is that correct?"

"Yes, that is correct. Those who wish to hone their skill are recommended to take the quests and to go on an adventure unless they are on duty. Our people continue to hone their skills through adventure, and through semester evaluation, we were able to know what we need to improve."

Ambrose demonstrates to them how to register themselves as adventurers, take the quest from the quest board, and rank themselves up to the higher rank. They heard some tussle, but it was not big enough since the adventurers were having fun with each other.

They were also surprised when they were inside the Hyperloop train. The train can cover a distance of five thousand kilometers in just a single day of the trip. On the evening day, they arrive at the Royal Capital of Regnieburg, and in front of them are two Commanders that survive the campaign, General Cius and Lieutenant General Dolbo. They bow in front of Ludius.

"Your Grace."

"Oh... I'm so happy to see you alive. Did they do anything to you?"

"It's best that we will tell our tale later once we embark ourselves to return."

"I understand."

Once they made the greetings, they went to the Seraphic Hotel that the Main Council arranged to rest and prepare for the Council Meeting.


The Council Meeting, Imperial Public Council Senate Hall, Public Council Meeting Hall, 10th January 1525 Central Calendar / 226 Celestina Calendar

"This is..."

Nobody can expect how huge this meeting will be. The Celestina Empire, a country that never colonizes other countries permanently, has a diplomatic relationship with over three hundred countries across the world and system. People from multiple races gather, including the ambassador from Mu, Bruno, to attend the meeting. The security was tight due to some critical announcements to make.

"Papaldia Empire? Please come this way. We've arranged a place for you."

The ones that will attend the Council Meeting are Emperor Ludius, Remille, Head of Third Department Kyeos, Head of First Department Elto, and Senator Brutti. On their seat, they feel like they've been placed at the bottom of the floor. What is Celestina's intention? Above them, they saw other diplomats assigned at the respective seat by the Celestina Officials.

"This is bigger than the Eleventh Country Leadership Conference at the Holy Milishial Empire..."

"It is on the different league."

Ludius and Brutti look up as this meeting will discuss the Celestina Empire's current situation and their decisions that can bring fate to many countries. Surprisingly, they also find some delegations from countries outside the Third Civilization, such as Qua-Toyne Principality, the Quila Kingdom, and the Kingdom of Verlaine, joining the meeting. Two Superpower countries, the Republic of Mu and the Kingdom of Eimor, also participate in this meeting.

As soon as the time reached 10 AM, there was an announcement.

<<The Main Council, The Main Advisors, The Adjutants, and the Emperor of Celestina are entering the hall!>>

When the Papaldia Empire saw the face of them, they began to realize that the one that was coming to threaten them are the ones that were deployed when they were capturing the Papaldia Imperial Palace five months ago. Each of them is taking their respective seats, with Emperor Hillem at the forefront of the seat, Main Councils behind the Emperor, Main Advisors at the middle, and Adjutants at the back. Both Armada and Tiamat are positioning themselves between the Main Council and Main Advisor seats.

Emperor Hillem opens the meeting.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. As we know, the war between the Celestina Empire and the Papaldia Empire is officially over. Now, all of you can see why the Papaldia Empire is taking the Seat of Shame, where we can look down on them from here."

The Papaldia Empire, realizing that they become an object of shame when the curtain is open, can't hide from the reality about it. They pick the opponent that they shouldn't mess with, which this shame is the price they must pay.

"They choose to treat us as a nation of barbarian! When we open the door for them to send a diplomat to our country, they boldly refuse! Instead, they use their pride as a Superpower, demanding us to admit extraterritoriality law! The Main Council decides to punish them the moment they invade the Kingdom of Selarong. In just less than nine months of that war, the Papaldia Empire lost almost one million and five hundred thousand soldiers. We know the weight of the Superpower, and therefore, we must not use this title for our own benefit!"

Being shamed by those who attended the Council Meeting, the Papaldia Empire lost its courage to fight back. Right now, they are just a mob that needs to be put on the leash from the Celestina Empire.

"Your Majesty, please."

Sacchito nodded as he stood up.

"Today, I'm addressing myself as the Great Emperor and Founder of the Celestina Empire. Here, we already witness how the Papaldia Empire deserves the Seat of Shame for this year. In addition, we have made multiple treaties, as some of you may already know who we are forming the pact with."

Slightly above them, there was a group of diplomats, shrouded in black concealment, wondering who they were. Sachi continues to make his speech.

"We form the Trinity with the first Hyperpower, with another is the Superpower Kingdom of Scharlwarltz. Some of you have already know who this Empire is, and I will formally introduce them. The Empire that ruled by the Leaders 101 Guild members, the Eclipse Empire!"

When the concealment dissipates, it views the officials of the Eclipse Empire. Helena, Dragzell, Alfred Jodl, Kronien, and Zenoral. Other diplomats can see Helena and Dragzell's wings as the diplomats talk to each other with mixed reactions. Some find the alliance thought Celestina would become the Eclipse Empire's lapdog, while some believed that it was a breakthrough that every diplomat wants to achieve.

"For the Eclipse Empire, the Celestina Empire is the first country that opens a diplomatic relationship with the status as Superpower. We're all aware of that, and establishing a diplomatic relationship with them is not a simple task. They have plenty of feats and assets that we can put into consideration. Funny things, though, we do not approach them. Instead, it's the Emperor himself, and right now, he's filling the Main Advisor seat here with us, Emperor of the Eclipse Empire, Battle Emperor Armada. The other one is the Dragon Empress Tiamat, who is also filling the Main Advisor's seat.

They find the Celestina Empire interesting, so they decide to stay here for a while. I hope everyone understands that we were preparing for the upcoming war that can determine our lives in the future. We will be fighting against the Ravernal Empire and its Master, the Etanaru Empire."

The diplomats are talking to each other again, and it seems that with both Celestina and Eclipse joining hands, the oddities to fight against the Etanaru Empire may favor their side. The Celestina Empire is preparing for this great war that could happen in decades.

"So that means we need to prepare ourselves for the ultimate battle."

"Yes. Do you want to step up your training?"

"Not until I finish my degree, dear."

Rosaria and Shiki, who participate by taking a seat at the Verlaine Kingdom's diplomatic seat, are listening to it while continuing the conversation.

"Seems they have a mixed reaction about this."

"But we do establish it without being their lapdog, isn't it?"

"No. If it does happen, we might already have our status as a Superpower stripped when Lord Armada and Lady Tiamat arrive here. Besides, this is how politics works. They have many views about it, but we don't mind about it as long as they didn't want to take a step that can make us take action."

"I see..."

Sachi continues to speak.

"After this war. We will keep an eye on every country's movements. Because the New World we're currently residing in has a lot of mysteries, we will move slow. For the trading channel, I plan to establish several trading hubs: Mu, the Kingdom of Verlaine, and the Qua-Toyne Principality. We will make these three countries a primary trading hub, practically due to their strategic location.

For the final announcement, as part of the diplomatic agreements, any country that wishes to be a vassal state of the Trinity or The Three Powerhouse, all applications will be redirected to the Eclipse Empire. They will evaluate whether you will be worthy of becoming a vassal state or rejected."

The media takes pictures and record this event. As of right now, the vassal state application could increase considerably. Due to The Three Powerhouse's value, many want to serve it and be willing to rise under Trinity's banner. However, some of them start to express some concern due to the standard that could be higher than they can expect. Their eyes are set on the Embellia Kingdom, the only vassal state for the Celestina Empire that maintains its independence after the Third Interstellar War. Somehow, they are jealous of the Embellia Kingdom, but they cannot argue about it since it was Poseidon's request to put Embellia under Celestina's protection.

After the Council Meeting, the Papaldia Empire Advisor, Lupasa, approaches Armada. He wants to try to win the Eclipse Empire's heart to make an immediate turn tide of the war. Aware that the Celestina Empire may be scared of the Eclipse Empire, he chooses to take this opportunity to approach Armada.

"Good afternoon, Your Grace Armada."

"Hm? What do you want from me?"

"We... The Papaldia Empire wants you to work with us. If you join hands with us, taking this world is going to be a walk in the park that can be beneficial for both of us."

"Hmph, nonsense! Why would I work with a weak country like you?"

Staring at Lupasa deeply, it gives Lupasa some chill.

"I find it interesting to work with the Celestina Empire. You know why? That's because they do not act arrogantly, unlike you. They remain humble, and yet, they survive more wars than what you can think of. Working with the Celestina Empire is more interesting than working with the Papaldia Empire."

Lupasa got shivered because of Armada's statement. His attempt to win Armada over shatters the Papaldia Empire's dream to continue oppressing countries outside the Third Civilization to the east.


The Imperial Public Council, Conference Room

The Celestina Empire's Main Council, Main Advisor, and the representatives from the Empire of Eclipse, the Kingdom of Verlaine, and the Kingdom of Selarong are present at the Conference room. Ahead of them were the officials and diplomats from the Papaldia Empire. Lotte, Pioiotus, and several people who are either not an official or diplomats are not allowed to attend as Emperor Ludius's order. Shiki, Rosaria, Kumsius, Johann, and Sentiko represent themselves from the Kingdom of Verlaine and Selarong.

"Let's start the meeting, then..."

With serious talk, Sachi starts to display their demands once again.

  • Make a formal apology to the Kingdom of Selarong and pay the reparation fee ten times the amount of damage inflicted.
  • Make a formal apology to the Kingdom of Verlaine.
  • The Papaldia Empire must hand over the status as a Superpower to the Celestina Empire without condition.
  • War tribute of 100 Million Pasos each month to the Celestina Empire for three years.
  • Receives the sanction of handing over all of the technology to the Celestina Empire.
  • Willing to release the entire seventy-seven nations into an independent country and to admit them as such. All of the Papaldia Empire's assets at the seventy-seven nations will officially belong to them as a part of war reparation.
  • The Celestina Empire will audit any laws to abolish the Papaldia Empire's advantage, putting them into equal treatment with other nations.
  • Must pay seventy percent of the income to the Celestina Empire for five years.
  • Any slave around the Papaldia Empire will be subjected to immediate release without exception.

After every one of the Papaldia Empire Officials finishes reading this statement, it goes to the tense talking way. Kyeos starts the talk by asking some questions.

"In this word says that we only make a formal apology to the Kingdom of Verlaine. Why's that, and why do we not need to pay the reparation fees to them?"

Rosaria answers the question regarding her homeland.

"We already obtained your Magic Refinery Technology from the Celestina Empire during the assault on Duro. That will be enough for the reparation payment since we can now process the magic gem from our mining facility and then export it."

Rosaria's answer shocked the Papaldian. If the Kingdom of Verlaine acquires the Magic Refinery Technology, they will lose a large market share of processed gems. Kyeos then continues with the next question, avoiding any attempt to protest.

"Can you please give us some enlightenment for this punishment so we can recover faster?"

"I would say yes. But we will give you time to recover once you pay every reparation. We have some programs prepared beforehand to assist your recovery."

"Thank you..."

Next is the Financial Department Head, Mooly.

"About this tribute for five years... can we—"

Alicia quickly interjects his talk.

"Sell all of your fucking spoils of war from seventy-seven nations at once! You have those spoils of war, then sell all of it. We will not be going to enlighten the penalty until you can sell at least seventy-five percent of the spoils of war. Count all of those gold and precious items from your former colony before you can dare to talk like that! Your country siphons wealth from other countries, so you better have your finances ready to handle the economic downfall! Learn how to be humble, and learn how to control your economy, you dimwits!

Look at this room, look at the Council Meeting, look at our capital! Our capital houses the richness of culture, technology, and knowledge, but we will never flaunt something like gold-coated stuff like capital's gold coating at one of the palace's bells. Looking at that kind of wealth disgusts me!

You know that if we were really serious about this matter, we could occupy your capital and take all of those golds and spoils of war to sell it to other nations to rebuild their countries from scratch. I'm fine with picture and ornaments, but I'm questioning any ornaments and frames that were coated in gold, which makes me wants to throw up at it! Am I clear about that?!"

"Y-yes..."

The next one, Emperor Ludius's advisor, Lupasa, starts speaking.

"I'm Lupasa, the Papaldia Empire's advisor for the Emperor. I would like to ask you a question. What's your plan once your country earns the title of Superpower? In this world, it is based on the strong feast on the weak ones. That's what we do to strengthen ourselves."

For this matter, Feena answers it.

"We do have the Technology Outflow Configuration Law that allows us to evaluate your country's technology rate. Every country that forms a diplomatic relationship with us will be estimated, and once the evaluation is done, we will start exporting the technology they need. From there, we help them develop the country, regardless of whether it is an infrastructure or even a daily life. Of course, we will restrict ourselves from sharing the technology. The Qua-Toyne Principality has become a civilized state once we developed the infrastructure, and they had just started researching ships-of-the-line. I'm expecting great results from them since they began developing it without our support, in which this case, they research it on their own."

"I see... I'm truly ashamed that we picked a fight with you. If we do form a diplomatic relationship with you, we will be able to develop our technology further than this."

Lupasa finishes his speaking, and it seems it perks interest from Celestina. Lupasa regrets this since he never thought the Celestina Empire was willing to aid any country in developing its technology. Suppose the Papaldia Empire formed a diplomatic relationship with the Celestina Empire last year. In that case, they have a chance to raise their national power further, and Celestina will not meddle with the colonies of the Papaldia Empire.

Eleonora starts to speak up, looking at them.

"We will establish a joint base at the Industrial Town of Duro with the Eclipse Empire. As we have heard, the Gra Valkas Empire is destroying the Empire of Leifor with a single Dreadnought. If your Empire assembles all of your assets, they can crush you with just a fleet of fifteen warships, and their fleet is impossible to defeat with your technology."

"How can you be so sure that they will easily crush us? We have land dragons to assist us."

"They have a tank, Emperor Ludius. To convince you, here's the recording that we've received from one of our Prowler for the Naval Battle."

Cecilia displays the recording of the Leifor Navy against a single Battleship, Grade Atlastar. The main guns obliterated the wyverns, and even the ships-of-the-line could not touch it. When the surrendered ships-of-the-line open fire, it deals no damage to the battleship, and with just one shell, it destroys Leifor's pride.

Looking at the details of the battle itself makes Ludius and the officials sweat. If the information was accurate, then they should be more careful and gather more intelligence. Zenoral only frowns once he hears the plan to establish a base in the town of Duro.

"I will prepare form compensation later on to the Celestina for this case..."

"We can talk about that later, Minister Zenoral."

Remille asks Cecilia about their movements against the Gra Valkas Empire.

"Are there any plans to deal with the Gra Valkas Empire?"

"Hmm... Are they going to be invited to the conference or maybe some kind of event? We know that currently, two new Superpowers will take their place. The Gra Valkas Empire will take the Leifor's Superpower status, and the Celestina Empire will take the Papaldia Empire's Superpower status. Of course, these five Superpowers must have some conference that can determine the fate of each country outside the Superpowers."

"A-about that. There is a conference that was held every two years at the Holy Milishial Empire."

"Tell me more about it."

"The... the conference was held by the Holy Milishial Empire at the Port Town Cartalpas every two years. All Superpowers and the six chosen countries will receive an invitation to attend it. For the last year... We've managed to attend it, but we only send around five ships-of-the-line 120 guns."

"Oh... Gunboat diplomacy, interesting. Do you know that such things can make them evaluate your country's strength and have a chance to have your fleet destroyed in case if there were enemy attacks?"

"N-no. We didn't think about that."

"Interesting."

Shina thinks of something as she is aware of Gunboat Diplomacy.

"I was thinking that... The Gra Valkas Empire will bring Grade Atlastar as a show of power."

"Do we need to release our crown jewel, Shina?"

"No need to release it, Sachi. If they choose to assault our mainland in a large fleet, then we will unleash that ship."

"Very well."

The negotiation later resumes.

"I'm one of the senior of the Senator, Brutti. We're about to hit a food crisis in just a year. Do you think we can request aid to help our Empire?"

Alicia sighs a bit.

"Have you ever developed your economy or anything to bolster it up instead of military?"

"N-no..."

"Put that screen on."

Alicia starts to display the video about crop rotation farming. It displays how to keep the soil fertile by planting different kinds of vegetables in different areas. Since rice is not receiving a good welcome, Alicia recommends wheat to keep the soil fertile and pests under control. There are multiple potentials to discover at the Papaldia Empire, and yet, due to focusing on the military technology, it becomes a huge drawback once they suffer a defeat like this.

Once the video finishes displaying the crop rotation and recovering their economy, the Papaldia Empire officials and delegation look down in shame. They haven't realized that if their economic foundation is strong, then they can survive this.

Since Celestina is willing to help their economic growth, Emperor Ludius leaves his seat and prostrate himself in front of those who are seated at the Celestina Empire's side.

"We... Declare our official surrender, and willing to accept your guidance. You can do whatever you wish to the Papaldia Empire, and we have ashamed ourselves in a path of arrogancy and terror. We will do whatever it takes to forge us into a humble person that can rule a nation as you did."

It was a dramatic scene where the Emperor was prostrating himself, begging for Celestina's guidance. Sacchito can only see in a blank face, knowing that this would happen.

"Very well. I will assign Silvano Shin Regal and Jill Wagner to become head and vice head of ambassador for the Celestina Empire. If you're willing to have us assist you in restoring your Empire's glory and drive yourselves along with your citizens into a path of atonement and become a humble one, then let us ratify this treaty."

Ludius stood up and returned to his seat. A paper and needle pen suddenly appear on the table.

"You know why we make a needle pen? It's because a sign written by blood is more powerful than just an ordinary pen with ordinary ink. We choose this to make sure we commit to the treaty, and we will not claim any other treaty than this treaty."

Emperor Hillem, Rosaria, Sentiko, Alfred Jodl, and Emperor Ludius are signing the treaty. Once the treaty was signed, the paper flashes as it has now become official.


After The Meeting, Seraphic Hotel

"Your Grace."

"What is it, Lupasa?"

"Why are you willing to let the Celestina Empire guide us? I've tried to win the Eclipse Empire over, but it seems we cannot do it with our current power, right now."

Ludius sighs for a while before he starts talking about it.

"Lupasa. You have to realize that the Eclipse Empire is not what you can think of. They were even charmed by how the Celestina Empire survived the war that was beyond our imagination. The Main Council... they have absolute authority over the Celestina Empire, and they didn't act arrogant like us. Instead, they guide other countries to grow and become partners that can be akin to a part of the Celestina Empire. They develop both civilian and military technology, and even if we build something new to combat them, they will be ahead of us by deploying more new technology against us. They focus on developing the entire technology to support their economy, as I realize that we make a huge mistake in our history.

We have to be careful about maintaining the relationship with the Celestina Empire. If we make a wrong move, the only destruction awaits us. You can see how each different race was able to live in harmony together, while in our country, we discriminate against them. If the Celestina Empire were similar to the Ravernal Empire, an ancient sorcerous Empire, we would be already enslaved by the Celestina Empire the moment we were defeated in this war."

"I see... Even I cannot use my influence here, let alone they did not ask extraterritoriality from us."

"How come?"

"They maintain their law whenever they go. If they commit a crime in our land, they can be captured and put on trial according to our law. If we commit a crime in their land, we can be captured and put on trial according to their law. There is no such thing as law immunity as every people are the same, even for the Main Council. If they do break the law, they will apologize and make amends of it."

Both Ludius and Lupasa are silent for a while before they continue the conversation.

"I've heard that Ambrose will bring us into several places for the tour for a week. If we buy some souvenir, they will send it back to the cruise ship that we've used it before."

"Oh, is that so? I'm curious what kind of tour we will have. Perhaps we can start to make some tourism area as well to earn more profit."

"I agree. We can learn a lot from them."

Both parties have signed the treaty, and now the delegation group of the Papaldia Empire will experience their first tour around Celestina. For a whole week, Ambrose will take them to several historical sites and entertainment to inspire them.

2