Chapter 3 – Getting Back On Track
7.4k 56 221
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as a quick note: Names are provided in the Western way - first name last name, but stick with the Japanese style of formality. This is another show of the lazy writing and inconsistencies of the novel world...but mainly because I would just forget otherwise. LOL

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 3 – Getting Back On Track

3 Days Later

I toss the listless body of Diana on the bed and flip over on my back feeling amazing. I watch as obscene amounts of my sperm pour out of both of her holes. The rest of her body is covered in marks and liquids either sperm, her juices, or a cocktail mixture of those and our sweat. I feel energized and alive! I could have kept going, but Diana would have died and there was no reason to kill such a fine bed toy. It has truly been a while since I had the chance to let loose. Too bad she can't get pregnant in this form. There is no way she wouldn't have otherwise. 

Sighing contentedly, I lay back on the bed with my hands behind my head and take a deep breath through my nose and...gag? God...what is that smell? It smells like a whorehouse in mid-summer! And, URG! Why am I so sticky and feel so gross? I don't hurt anywhere, as I made sure to cast healing magic on myself and Diana as we were fucking to sustain...us...

I shoot bolt upright and stare at Diana in horror. Oh...oh no. What...have I done? Did...did I really just fuck a Yandere...? Is my new life already over...? Either she never leaves me alone or I end up with a School Days bad ending...I loved Yandere manga and anime...I know what happens next...

I could enslave her again...Put her under the same binding contract the old me did... She has no way to stop me from doing so right now...

No. I am not going to be a villain. We fucked and I gotta own up to that. My only hope now was her losing interest in me. But she is a Yandere...that is not likely to happen...

'Unless...'

Hikaru-san! That's it! I just need to make them run into each other and the power of his main character plot armor should kick in and ensnare her. It was still a little fucked up to do, I admit, but no way was I dealing with this crazy for the rest of my life. I don't have the patience for that. Besides, they are destined to be together and she will be happier with him. Probably. That is what I am going with anyway.

I get up and take stock of the room. It looked like a tornado had gone through it...The furniture was broken. The 4 poster bed frame was snapped like twigs and the bed was laying on the bare floor. The stone tiles of the floor were cracked and cratered in places. There were large cracks and holes in the walls. The window behind me was broken and there was blood mixed in with the broken glass. Speaking of liquids, there were pools of unidentifiable liquids everywhere...Some were even dried already... The sheets and window curtains were shredded and the remains of makeshift restraints made out of them littered the room. 

I sigh and gag again. First, this smell had to go.

I cast a simple wind spell that creates the smell of flowers, wafts it through the room, and carries the old air outside the broken window. That should get rid of the worst of it. I then look outside my door and see a large pitcher of water and two crystal goblets sitting there. I have vague recollections of Sebastian calling out to me saying they would be there Yesterday. I bring them inside and have to put them on the floor again as there is not another intact surface I could use. I quickly pour a cup and down it. I repeat this 3 times before pouring another one and moving over to Diana. 

I flip her over on the bed and reveal her comatose body and perfect ahegao face. Her eyes are rolled up in her head and her tongue hangs out of a frozen smiling mouth. 

'Doesn't that hurt her eyes...or her facial muscles in general...?'

Whatever. I sit her limp frame up, shove her dry tongue into her mouth, close her eyelids, and slowly pour the cup of water down her throat. I repeat the gesture 2 more times and try not to gag as I look at her crusted face and smell her body. 

Next, we need a shower.

I pick her up in a princess carry, - no need to be rude about taking care of her. I did cause this, after all - and walk us to the bathroom. This room looks like a traditional western bathroom on one side, with dual sinks, a huge shower, and a separate toilet room, but is much larger and the other side has a full 6 person Japanese style Onsen bath. Luckily, this room seems untouched. I sit Diana on the toilet and start the 4 head shower on full blast and high heat. Collecting the necessary cleaning products, I pick her up and rest her in the shower. I get the bath started and then go back to the shower. 

I scrub us both down thoroughly and firmly, making sure to get everything off, and then use the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash I had on hand. She probably has her own products, but I am not going to her bathroom to get them and risk running into someone. I hope this doesn't piss her off later. After the shower, I sit Diana with me in the bath and finally allow myself a moment to relax. 

'Ok Zeneff, let's work out a game plan.'

Using my genius IQ made forming plans easy...but because I was not an actual genius, just a person in the body of a genius, I had no idea if it was actually a genius plan.

Step 1: Escape.

I needed to get out of here. I am not sure what overtook me, but it is clear that I have control issues. Being around Diana was obviously dangerous to my plans for a normal life.

With that in mind, I came up with a simple idea to escape. I will leave a note explaining I am overwhelmed by everything and need time to work through it. I would be returning to my mansion, which I managed to get the address from Sebastian Yester...3 days ago..., and will be attending school again on Monday. It was Tuesday when I arrived here, so it should be sometime midday Friday now.  

This would allow me a couple of days of alone time and would keep Diana off my back as she knows she can see me again at school. I think she should respect my wishes, but, more likely, she will need some time to recover and not be able to do anything anyways. 

Step 2: The Purge.

Once I was home, I would be spending this weekend removing any and all indications of my past criminal history. Equipment would be melted down into plastic and slag, memories of anyone I would still be seeing, that knew what the old me did, would be slightly altered, and anything even remotely suspicious would be discarded. This included nearly 100 million Yen (~960,000 USD) in cash I had in my house. It killed me to do it, but this was bad money. Money that was stolen, traceable, and could land me in hot water down the line. The old me was not able to get this money laundered as of yet, and the new me would not be doing that anymore. I will keep all the clean money in my account and continue the multiple transferring processes to banks all over the world. I had about 10 different ID's and Passports set up so I was going to be using each of them before discarding them as a means to get out scot-free.

I was not dumb, however. I had a huge collection of blackmail material, information and secrets, and contacts for the underworld. Enough to make many, many enemies. With that in mind, all of my data was getting backed up and then put into a titanium shelled, lead-lined, isolated bunker I would be creating in a remote location somewhere on the opposite side of the globe. No internet access and running on hidden solar and wind turbines and an isolated generator. Completely off the grid and, hopefully, completely safe.

It was actually my second choice. My first was to launch it into space and land it on the moon. I was strong enough to withstand space and could use magic to breathe. The problem was that I couldn't just teleport there and set it up like I could with my second Idea. I need to see where I am going or have been there before to teleport. There were far too many changing factors for me to try that on the moon with only pictures, and I was not going to use government probes or remnant machinery just in case they secretly had still working cameras. I would have to send a rocket up and land it in place, scry on it, then teleport to it. Not too much of a problem for someone with my wealth, to be honest. However, what stopped me, in the end, was that, while this makes the data nearly untouchable, it would also draw me international attention for the rocket launch. I could make it invisible, but this would only garner more of the wrong attention with those who could see through the magic. There were a ton of ancient monsters that were stronger than me, like my mother. I did NOT need their attention. I decided to table this idea for the future.

The next part, and the part that would worry most, was my information and accounts on the internet. It's not like I can just delete that data, right? Well...actually, I could. The old me paid one of the best hackers in the world 1 billion Yen (~10 million USD) a year to make sure that we had a hidden admin account in every single digital platform I used, even those on the deep web or other hidden sites and servers. This would never have worked in my old world, but this world had anime logic, and shitty anime logic at that, so it seemed to be fine. I wasn't complaining.

I had the guy on call with a purge command that would delete all of our data, cache, and backdoors, at a moment's notice. Handy, that. I had already told him to get as much information as he could off of these severs, store it, then delete all traces of him and myself. He was relieved that I was still keeping him on the payroll, so I doubt he will try and betray me. Not that I wouldn't be reading and altering his mind later to remove anything that had to do with my illegal activities just to make sure.

The last thing I needed to do was to go on a truly massive round trip across the world, teleporting to people as they sleep, and removing me from their memories. I would be doing this for anyone I didn't want to interact with anymore. This process was actually easier than it sounds and is pretty much traceless. I simply pull my info from their heads and leave. The people go on as they always would have and their subconscious fills in any inconsistencies itself. Anyone who notices the blind spots magically will have no way to trace it to me as the info isn't there to be traced and my magical signature is pulled from them as well. It is like pointing to a puddle and telling a detective to find where the cloud that made it was formed. Powerful oracles could trace me, but the odds of that happening were slim at best.

Step 3: Secure Zeneff Silverscale.

The next step is actually a reverse of the internet purge. I needed my hacker friend, Johnny Boy, - Yes. That is his codename. Fucking anime codenames... - to go around and add in any missing or inconsistent data about Zeneff online and on social media applications. Any suspicious periods of inactivity had to be filled and silly and goofy things children would post had to be added. To someone looking at my profile page, it would look like I was a loner kid who was trying and failing to make friends. Many posts would be made for no likes, follows, shares, or comments to answer. Depressing, but that's okay.

I then needed to study my memories in detail and make sure I can re-learn whatever is immediately available for me to do so. It would, after all, appear really odd for a kid with amnesia to not be actively trying to remember. Too bad for the old me, this me would never "Remember." I also needed to read through this world's education knowledge up to my current grade - past if I could. Sounds daunting, but not so much if you have heightened cognitive abilities, magic, and a photographic memory. I could read through a textbook in 15 minutes if I wanted to. I could also just try to remember it all, but my past memories felt tainted and blurred through a red filter of anger. I decided to only remember what I needed to and ignore or even purge the useless stuff. I don't want to accidentally turn into this guy. 

Next, I would go to school and show my new personality, the new me's personality, and try to live a fun and fulfilling life. While at school, I will attempt to befriend Hikaru-san and introduce him to my sister. Once they are together I can avoid them and make new friends. Distance is the best strategy to avoid the main story BS. I am not part of that anymore and it is not my problem.

Step 4: Profit.

Live the rest of my, admittedly incredibly long, life in prosperity. I would earn a passive and massive income from the stock markets and investments I let a team I pay way too much decide for me. Keeping my maids, servants, and other employees happy is the easiest way to earn their undying loyalty, so I planned to change up vacation, sick time, pay structures, breaks, and a whole bunch of other things. While I am doing nothing at all, I will also be smoking big cigars, buying expensive cars and boats, trying out all of the expensive foods and alcohols I can, dating some busty beauties here and there, maybe even getting married once or twice and having kids down the line. Just generally living it up in luxury. 

The plan was perfect and, as long as nothing crazy happens, foolproof.

I smile down at the first hurdle to my plan. Once she is in love with Hikaru-san, I will be sure to pamper her like the darling little sister I know she can be. We could put this whole thing behind us and live as a happy family, just like I always dreamed. I can even be the overprotective Onii-san for her and give Hikaru-san a hard time, all in good fun. I chuckled to myself at the thought. I couldn't wait. 

I pick her up, dry us both off, and put a bathrobe on her and me before taking her back into my room...my perfectly normal-looking room. I sense household cleaning and time magic in the air, so this mansion must have some very capable maids. I lay her on my now perfectly restored bed, ignore my own exhaustion, and move to the desk nearby. I write out a detailed and heartfelt note about needing time to sort my thoughts and about me going back to school on Monday. I kiss Diana on her cheek and leave the note on the bedside table before climbing out the window and jumping down into the backyard garden from my second-floor room.

I walk past mom's rose garden and through the pool section with a double Olympic sized pool. It slopes from super shallow to 40 feet deep and is complete with diving boards of various sizes and heights on the deep end, 3 separate 10+ people jacuzzis, - one is even full of hot mud- and a row of sunbathing chairs. A full bar with a counter for a bartender is in a tiki styled hut at the front of the pool. I see several maids and servants on my way out but ignore them. Making sure I am quick on my feet, I make my escape but do not use any magic to avoid detection. 

"Where are you going, Zeneff?" Questions a voice behind me that sends a shiver down my spine.

I turn around slowly to see my mom sunbathing in a very inappropriate swimsuit, basically just a series of strings with small cloth parts to cover her nipples and crotch. Jesus...she is a true milf in every sense of the phrase. She stretches languidly, truly straining the small cloth parts on her swimsuit, and stands slowly facing me. Tiamat, the Dragon Goddess walks towards me, a sway to her hips and her tits bouncing with each step in a way only anime babes can. I gulp.

"O-oh! Hi, mom! I-I left a note about it with Diana, but t-think I need some time on my own to think. I need to learn about myself again and I-I think my mansion is the best place to do that." I finish my excuse lamely, stuttering through the whole thing. 

'Eyes up, Zen! Do not stare at your own mother's chest!!!'

"I see," she says in a sweet and sultry voice, a hint of baby talk in there. "If that is what my poor baby wants, then who am I to deny him?" She reaches me here and pulls me into her embrace, my face is shoved into her cleavage. She runs a hand through my hair and gently rubs my back. Fuck...she smells so good...I feel the hints of what I have decided to call my "Dragon's Pride" coming on and fight it with everything I have left in me.

"I expect you to come by every week, Zeneff. Mommy has missed you and wants to spend more time together." She says into my ear, her voice like a purr.

"O-of course! I want to spend more time with you and the family as well. Diana told me that Friday night was movie night? Why don't I start coming for that every week starting next week?" I answer, my voice muffled by her chest and cracking slightly as I try desperately to keep from losing it and popping a boner.

"Certainly, that works just fine. It will be nice to cuddle with you again. We haven't done that in millennia."

"You got it! Can't wait!" I say and pull back from her. My cheeks are burning with embarrassment, but I do my best to keep a straight face. 

"I am sure it will be nice for Diana as well. She will need some time to recover...I imagine." She says cupping her cheek with one hand. Her eyes glow slightly as she looks up at me with a smile and says, "But seriously, Zeneff...3 days is even longer than mommy's longest time...makes me wonder-"

"Hahaha! I know, I will need to apologize to her." I say, interrupting her and scratching my head awkwardly. Her smile grows wider. "Okay, well I am off. Talk to you soon mom!" I say and spin around quickly before disregarding stealth and running away at full speed. I round the corner of the backyard, hop the gate, and teleport to my mansion as soon as I am able to - mom's wards are fucking ridiculously strong otherwise I would have done it from my room. 

'Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. Nope! Getting the fuck away from that situation...'

"Ara Ara~"

* | * | *

My arrival at my mansion was uneventful. The staff of 10 that I keep were unprepared, so no formal greeting was given. I walk through the front doors and sigh in relief. I am finally alone and safe. At least for the moment. 

Spoiler

Zeneff Silverscale Mansion:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/30/f2/85/30f285c4effabad0e4cf091a8b0cd93b.jpg

[collapse]

My staff included 2 regular maids, Aki my head maid, 3 security guards (Also Dragons, of course...), my head butler and Sebastian's daughter Ares Ironback, - They are both Drakes, by the way - 2 cooks, and a full-time bartender. They are all beautiful women from a variety of species and my memories say that Zen had slept with all of them regularly. It was all consensual, thank God, he had simply fired all the ones who had refused him in the past until he had 10 that were fine with it and accepted the raises that came with it. The raises can stay, but I hope none of them are upset when I deny them for sex. No offense to them, they were all gorgeous after all, but I was not comfortable with having sleeping with me be part of their duties. Maybe we could for fun later down the line, but I am not really worried about that right now. I will hire new staff if needed. 

I call for all of them to meet me in my study one by one and explain to them my situation after removing any damaging memories and altering it so it seemed they just walked in. Time to start the plan I made right away. It goes without a hitch and by the end of the day, I have Part 1 and 2 mostly completed, aside from the banks, data storage bunker, and around the world memory wipes. I was still transferring money to the first new bank account and that process would take a couple of months to complete. The bunker I was going to make with magic tomorrow morning. Finally, the memory wipe trip would happen Saturday night and continue Sunday night if needed - Night being relative to where these people were located. Basically, I was planning most of Sat and all of Sun for this endeavor.

The day came to a close and I decided to take tonight to sleep fully since I was probably not going to be doing so Sat or Sun. I was changed into my sliver, silk pajamas and had just laid down for bed after a nightcap or 5, when a knock came from my door. 

"Come in," I say sitting up from my bed.

Aki came in the room in a nightgown that made me cringe. She stood about 4'3" and had silver hair with golden rimmed eyes and a surprising amount of curves. Curvy. That could describe the entirety of my staff. She was, what we call in the weeb community, a legal loli. A 10,000-year-old white dragon named Akirina. She was clearly older - you could tell by her poise and confidence and mature body, just short and with a cute face. She was like all the cliche dragons from most anime - that is to say giant on the outside and small and cute on the inside...or human side. Whatever. The point was she looked like a certain government agency was already on their way. She was also a Kuudere, so my instincts to Protecc her and not Lewd her were pretty strong.

Spoiler

Akirina - She is not in the dragon nobility so she has no last name.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/the-dere-types/images/c/c4/Kanade_tachibana.png/revision/latest?cb=20200203112047

[collapse]

"Yes, Akirina? What can I help you with?" I ask, trying to sound confident and not bothered at all by her attire. 

She stares at me in her signature featureless way and says, "My turn."

Oi! That is on hold indefinitely!

"Your turn for what?" I question her again, cocking my head and acting completely oblivious. 

She blushes and shakes her head as she looks down. "Don't make me say lewd things again, master..."

"Um..." I say, a lump forming in my throat, "T-that will no longer be necessary. I lost my memories, remember? This seems odd to the current me and I have no intention of forcing you or anyone into my bed...I'm sorry that I did that in the past...Please pass that along to the others."

She frowns, or at least her lips twitch downwards, and says in her soft, cute voice, "But...it's my turn."

"Thank you for being so responsible, but I will be removing that from your duties. Ah! B-but you can keep the current salary! I will be working with you and Ares on more employment benefits Sunday."

She shakes her head again and looks at me in a clearly not amused way, that is, she furrows her brows slightly and her mouth twitches down several times. "Ares' turn isn't until Tuesday."

I sigh, seeing this is going nowhere, and stand up before walking over to her and leaning down. She was really short compared to me, so I moved to make our faces level. "I really appreciate it, but I am not really in the mood or wanting anything like that right now. I just want to sleep, is that okay?" I ask with a smile and a pat on her head.

In a flash, I am on my back with a giant white claw around my neck. Aki looms over me, her arm partially transformed and fury clear in her eyes if not in her expression. 

"Do. NOT. Treat. Me. Like. A. Child. Zeneff Silverscale. You do not have your memories, so I will forgive you this one time. The next time you insult me like this, one of us will die that day. I only agreed to work here with you and sleep with you because you never treated me like a child. You treated me like a woman, and that meant a lot to me... If you can't do this anymore, let me know now and I will quit."

"U-understood! I-i'm sorry!" I stutter and shout. She is not scary at all and I could kill her easily. In fact, I am only stuttering under the immense weight of ignoring my instincts telling me to rip her head off. The old me would have...No...I have to admit, the old me was smarter than the current me, at least when dealing with women. He never treated her like this. Yeah, he was sleeping with her, but he always treated her with dignity and the honor she deserved as both a multi-millennia old dragon and a woman. Looks like I am not perfect either.

She lets me go, turns, and slams the door behind her as she leaves making plaster fall from the wall and the doorframe crack. 

'Not a Loli. Nope, not even remotely a loli. A beautiful, small, fully grown woman...' I think with a tired sigh. 'Real nice job pissing off your head maid on the first day, Zen...'

* | * | *

I had an unrestful sleep that night, even on a bed that was even better than the one at my mom's house. The next day there was a very awkward air about the mansion. All of the staff were avoiding eye contact and seemed a bit standoffish. 

'Fuck it. Let's take care of this before I have to deal with replacing my whole staff.'

I called everyone to the dining room at my breakfast and even ordered them all to eat with me. There was too much food for me to eat on my own, even being a dragon. They all were refusing to do it when I asked politely. So I got fed up and ordered them to eat with me. They did so reluctantly. I stood up, and immediately they all did as well but I told them to sit. I, again, had to order them.

I cleared my throat before starting my speech. "I am sorry if I ordered you to do something uncomfortable to you, but I want to be in the position of lower authority when I apologize to you and level with you all. Firstly," I say turning to my head maid who was looking decidedly grumpy next to me, "To Aki, by my honor and by that of my family I offer you my formal apology for my actions last night." I finish and bow deeply to her.

This may sound flowery but in dragon society, this was a really big deal. We didn't have the same ranks as nobles from medieval times, instead we had ranks based on our chromatic bloodline purity. The closer you were to Tiamat's lineage, the higher station you held. This meant that I was in the highest position one could be, other than Xerith who was her current mate. By me lowering my head to not only a nameless dragon, a misnomer that meant she didn't have a family, or second, name, but also those of other races, I was giving them a humungous nod to their worth and honor. It's even possible that I could get in trouble for this, as it could be seen as damaging to my family's honor and standing. 

Aki stood suddenly, ignoring my order, and shouted, "Zeneff, you mustn't. You know not what you are doing!"

"Sit," I growl, exuding my own pressure that was only slightly weakerthan my mother's.

Aki was powerless to resist, being much weaker than even Diana, and fell on her bottom, shaking and showing her neck in submission. The others in the room, who were about to pass out by the way, were all showing their own culture's version of submission. I wasn't trying to harm them, so I quickly let my pressure fade.

"As I was saying," I continue, "I am sorry for the way I treated you last night, Aki. But know this: I am not the same as I was. I will not be sleeping with any of you unless I decide to. I know nothing about you and it would be irresponsible of me to do otherwise." My tone was firm as steel as I stared each one of them down until they all had nodded their heads. I then let out a long sigh before lightening my mood and voice.

"I realize that this was part of the dynamic of this mansion until my accident, so I will be very lenient with you all. I want to get to know you again, but I don't mean carnally. If that isn't something you are interested in, then you may leave and I will even provide a large, multi-million yen severance package for you." A few gasps could be heard at this comment. "If you decide to stay, then salaries will remain the same and we start over. You get to know the new me. I don't much care for what I have heard of the old Zeneff, nor for what I have seen from vague recollections of my past. I want to be different, better, and that starts today...Let me know by end of the day if you want to stay or leave. Dismissed."

I finish and sit down. I eat my meal and ignore all else as they look at me, each other, and then leave one by one. Only Aki remains in the end. 

"You have honored me more than I deserve, master..." She says quietly, barely above a whisper. "Thank you...and I am sorry for last night as well...I should have taken your polite refusals before we got to that point...I am excited to get to know this, 'New You,' you spoke of."

"Glad to hear it Akirina. You taught me much last night and reminded me that I cannot just go with the flow. There are things I must learn, and customs I must relearn." I say and turn to her with a smile.

She smiles back, or rather her mouth twitches upwards slightly, "Please call me Aki, master, just like you used to. I will be staying at your side for the foreseeable future." she said, her eyes gleaming with respect.

Good. Looks like I succeeded in something with that speech. Damn, the consequences. 

* | * | *

The rest of the staff informed me shortly after that they would be staying as well. I was honestly surprised. Surely one of them was just a gold digger, right? But I guess I was too clinical for this anime-style world.

I left shortly after breakfast to a remote part of Canada. I made sure to purchase the land for several miles around the spot on the fake ID that matched with the current bank account I had, and started working.

First, I dug out the ground and formed both the metal structure and the metal furniture from magic for what would soon become an inpenitrable bunker. I already retrieved the camouflaged solar panels and wind turbine. These were repurposed from one of my stache houses in Russia. I dismantled all of those, disposed of their contents, - copying the information I needed onto hard drives provided by Johny Boy - paid and then wiped the memories of anyone working there, and transferred the property ownership to one of the 10 different fake IDs I had for each of the 6 locations around the world.

Once the frame was completed, I tried my hand at the bunker's electrical side. It was baffling at first, but 2 hours later I was a theoretical expert. It was easy enough to follow DIY videos online once I had read 8 or so textbooks on the subject.

I finished it all before noon and buried it underground, leaving a camouflaged latch as an entry point. I would need to add cameras, traps, and alerts around here, but that could wait for later. I spent the next hour teleporting back and forth bringing all the equipment, servers, and storage devices I needed. Johnny Boy said he would be done by Sunday night at the latest. I promised him a big bonus, and he didn't fail to deliver. 

Saturday night was uneventful. No one came to my room, and everyone seemed alright with eating breakfast and dinner together from now on. This was only after I assured them over and over that I didn't mind, and that eating alone was rather lonely.

That night I started my trip around the world the wipe memories. The majority were in Asia, so I could do it at that moment. Sunday I continued with wiping who I needed to and finished it all up by 4 pm. As stated earlier, it was an easy process to accomplish and all of the people I wiped were either mundane humans or low-powered beings - at least relative to me. I read more textbooks to get caught up with my grade level at school on breaks and after I finished. Somehow I found myself all caught up to my grade by dinner.

I had dinner with the staff and got to know them all better, meeting with them individually afterward to talk for a few minutes more. They all seemed to enjoy my visits and their eyes were sparkling and they had giant smiles by the time I left. Mission accomplished, I could more or less say. All that was left was the bank situation and disposing of my other identities, but that was going to take a while.

I had the meeting with Aki and Ares, a fiery redhead and my butler, right before bed. Ares Ironback was a tall, busty woman with a strong personality and who talked loudly most of the time. She was not at all calm and collected like her father, Sebastian, was, but she was dedicated to her work. Both she and Aki loved my ideas for the employment benefits change and we worked out a good contact draft that night. We would finish it Monday night and review it a couple more times before rolling it out Tuesday. 

Spoiler

Ares Ironback

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d9/a1/52/d9a152721ae20a3f5d3a1fdaba596e0b.jpg

[collapse]

I lay in bed Sunday, relaxed and ready for the school day tomorrow. I was very excited to get my new life started and it looked like there was nothing getting in my way. Surprisingly, Diana didn't call or text me at all in the last few days, so I called my mom to check in and see if she was okay. Turns out she was still recovering and mom had confiscated her phone. She would be back in action by tomorrow and, from what mom said, was very excited to see me again.

'Don't be too excited, Diana. Let's see if we can't get you to fall for Hikaru-san tomorrow. The sooner the better!'

I chuckle and enter a restful and well-deserved sleep.

* | * | *

Monday Morning - Himitsu Academy - Class 2A

I stand before everyone as our homeroom teacher, Sasumi-sensei, tells them of my Amnesia. "Would you like to reintroduce yourself Zeneff?"

"Yes, thank you Sensei." I bow to her and turn to the class. Is it just me or does everyone seem melancholy? Hmm...Hikaru-san is missing today as well. That must be why. Damn protagonists always got to skip class!

"Hello everyone, my name is Zeneff Silverscale. It is a pleasure to meet you all again. As Sensei said, I have lost my memories and will be starting over with nothing. I don't remember you all, but I hope that we can get to know one another over the next two years. Please treat me well." I finish with another bow and this does elicit some responses. I hear some "Kyaa~"'s and "I want to be friends with him..."'s which makes me smile. I don't hide it as I used to and my rising with a smile seems to have an even greater effect. Nearly all the girl's gazes are locked onto mine at that moment and I see them all smiling back at me dreamily. The boys look at me with new interest and seem open to forming friendships.

'Ah, the perks of being handsome!'

"Thank you Zeneff, please take your seat over there by the window. Let me know if you have any questions, you are welcome to visit me in my office whenever you need." She says and smiles at me sweetly. 

I take my seat, and then her face turns somber, "Now class, I have some bad news as well. As you all know, three days ago Hikaru and his family were attacked at their family's estate. We have not been told by who or why, but he has been in the hospital in a coma since then. We learned this morning that he passed away last night in his sleep. His little sister, in class 1A, is his only remaining family member, so please be kind to her if you see her...she has been through a lot...I am so sorry kids..." She starts tearing up and others in the classroom start openly crying - especially Hagiwara Kitinara next to me.

My blood runs cold...and I stare in open-mouthed shock at my teacher.

'He's...dead? The main protagonist of this story is dead? What? How? What about plot armor? What about the power of love and friendship? What about the harem members? What the fuck!?!...Oh, God...This...This is my fault...isn't it? Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!'

What the fuck was going to happen now!?!

Wow! This may be the longest chapter I have ever written! I wanted to get up to this point before I stopped the pilot. 

Hope you all enjoyed it! If you want more, leave a heart or rating to let me know! 

Thanks for reading!

221