Ch 2 : The Memory
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Where is my school? where the hell it is!! Just as I was cursing my brain to get its shit together, I heard a voice.

The gate across my house opened, and a boy came out from it with his gear cycle. 'Hi, Shivank!! Early to school today, huh...', he said to me. 

'Oh hi, Ash.' I replied by instinct. 'It seems like you are early today too.'

'Well, yeah. Today is Monday after all, if it wasn't already a bad day it has become worse for me. Nobody volunteered, so the teacher cut out her work and just chose me. Being a model student sucks.'

'Certainly, it's hard to imagine how can anyone work so hard for classwork. Why don't you try to say no anyways?'

'Well, I dunno. As far as I remember I was always praised by my teachers and it felt good, so I just ended up becoming a model student. I am even teased by others for it. Anyway, let's race to your school. Whoever comes last owes a treat to the winner.'

And with this Ash sped up. So, I ended up following him.

Suddenly Ash slowed down and screamed with delight.

'Hooray!! Today, it's my win. You owe me a treat. You seem to be out of element today.'

I caught up with him with a sigh. 'Yeah sure, my treat this evening.'

I also slowed down. I entered the school's gate when I noticed Ash wasn't following me.

'Hey Ash, where are you going?'

'Uhh... To my school...'

And suddenly it clicks to me, he is at a different school after all. 'Oh... Yes. Don't bunk the school okay.', I say in an awkward attempt to follow up on my conversation. Don't Bunk!! What the hell am I saying anyway? And yeah, Ash was staring at me. Of course, he would.

'Hmmm, what the hell are you saying? I am a model kid, remember?'

'Yeah yeah, I know. Okay, Bye.', I said in an attempt to cut short this awkward conversation.

'Bye.', he replied and sped up towards his destination.

I parked my cycle to go to my class. But again, the same thing... where is my class?

I was just standing there trying to figure out something when suddenly someone called me.

'Hey Shivank! What are you gazing at? Come on, let's go to class.'

'It was delinquent type kid with spiked hair, and wasn't wearing his clothes properly.' He puts his hands on my shoulder.

I instinctively threw his shoulder away. 'Who are you??'

'Hmm... Come on, you are acting funny. I am your best buddy.'

[Friend... Him??] I thought. I shook my thought and followed up on the conversation. 'Yeah of-course, I was just kidding, just a practical joke.'

Suddenly, his face became scary. 'You sure have got some guts playing a practical joke on me.'

Instinctively, I apologized. It felt weird... felt like I was suffocating... as if subconsciously I was afraid of him!!

I just followed him to the class, afraid to say anything. As I reached the class, the scary-looking delinquent shouted.

'Hey Stephen, you have got guts coming to the class after what happened yesterday.'

His face was bruised and then suddenly something shook in my heart. My eyes went blur.

And suddenly a notification appeared.

Status:

Emotion: Guilt
Self-esteem: 0/100
Self-Respect: -10/100
Friendship: 0/100
Family: 50/100
Score: 0/100
Host Body: Shivank
Soul: Shivank & Harsh
Benefactor: Harsh

Current Status: Feeling of guilt. Traumatic memories are sealed by the host. Complete integration of memories of Host with Benefactor unless the memories are sealed by Host.

Aim: Redeem the life of the host. Get a score of 90+ in a time limit of 12 months. Help the host get his life back on track. The higher the score, the higher percentage of time the host remains in control of the body.

1