Chapter 8-Beast Tide
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
should i change mc name to Damian?
  • yes Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
Announcement
This was the longest and most annoying chapter I ever wrote. It got deleted twice, however, I will be posting another chapter tomorrow........ probably

The next day Tokugawa sat Eilishia down and told her his plans and visions for slowly taking over the world.

She was shocked but she had the utmost faith in him and knew that if anyone could do it Tokagawa could.

Tokagawa then told her that she was pivotal to his plan coming to fruition.

Tokugawa looked into the distance and told her that the plan had already commenced.

 

 

 

Austine was sitting on a wooden chair in a dark cellar, looking down on the dead and motionless bodies of Zed and Reul.

There was another man in a dark robe with a hood over his head standing over the bodies, his eyes were closed and he was concentrated as if he was in a trance.

 

A few seconds later he opened his eyes while beads f sweat rolled down his face.

He tiredly looked at Austine,

"Man, do you have to kill them"

"No, but it reduces the struggle"

"Anyway" 

he continued

"you can still read their memories, can't you? So stop whining and tell me what you saw"

The man shook his head while saying

"It's the same as the past 4, the one you decapacitated had the memory of how he got the demonic energy erased, while the other one didn't have any demonic at all, he was just an ordinary Joe, however"

he continued

"I noticed one similarity between this guy and the other 4"

"Apart from all of them having demonic energy?"

the man nodded

"yes it seems they all came from the neighboring kingdom of Sol"

hearing this Austine's eyes flickered for a second, but immediately went back to normal

"how were they able to sneak into the kingdom, I thought Blumund's border with Sol was airtight".

The man replied

"I don't know the memories I read didn't show me that information".

Austine stood up and said to the man

"Good job, call the cleaners to dispose of the bodies, I will report this to his majesty"

As the man turned to leave he remembered something

"Oh Austine you might want to look into the man that killed the other guy, apparently he was what drove the one you killed into using the demonic energy"

"Don't worry I will"

Austine replied

The hooded man nodded and left.

Austine looked at the dead bodies and muttered

"What were they doing here and how did they get the demonic energy? I will talk to HIM and see if I can get answers".

 

 

 

 

Tokagawa sent Eilishia off to the town to get them clothes, weapons, armor, etc.

Eilishia went to town with the money and navigated her way through the market as she was already familiar with it.

She came back to the Inn without any incident.

Finally, after arriving in this new world, Tokagawa had his first equipment.

However before he put them on, he blessed them.

This was another auxiliary function of his skill BLESS, it enhanced any item that was blessed.

The sword was a D-Grade sword, but after he blessed it, it became A-Grade and developed properties of Sharp and Double-Cut.

Once equipment reached the A-Grade level it developed unique properties.

He then blessed the armor increasing the rank to A-Grade also and developed properties of Absolute Defense and Damage Absorption.

Tokagawa then blessed Eilishia's Mage Robe increasing the level to A-Grade and giving it properties Mana Boost and Damage Reduction.

She was a mage so she didn't use a sword, however, Tokagawa blessed a dagger for her, so she could have a little bit of extra self-protection.

The dagger developed properties of Stun and Bleed.

Tokagawa then told Eilishia "It's time to level up"

     

 

 

Tokagawa and Eilishia were in the forest trying to level up as Tokagawa was still level 1 while Eilishia was still level 12, however, they still hadn't come across any beast yet.

Tokugawa had seen enough, he originally didn't want to use his map to locate the beasts as he wanted to test Eilishia's scouting abilities, however, they failed spectacularly as they had been in the forest for over an hour without seeing a single monster, there weren't even humans around.

As Tokagawa called out "map" and the layout of the surrounding area appeared in front of him, he couldn't wait for when his vessel was strong enough to sense such things from afar without needing a map. However or now he needed the map, with it he could see all living things within a 1km radius of him on the map.

He could also check the information of life his map recognized through combining God's eye with the map and clicking for information.

He was currently glowing white on the map while Eilishia was glowing green.

Any of his allies will glow green while enemies will glow red.

As Tokugawa glanced at the map he was shocked because in his 1km range of map detection, there was neither beast nor human.

He couldn't believe it and told Eilishia that they should move forward some more and if they couldn't find anything they will just call it a day and leave.

As they moved forward, Tokagawa started seeing some red dots on the map, normally he would be happy as that meant their objective was finally achieved, however, he was shocked because as he moved forward, he saw a cluster of red dots numbering close to a thousand. Tokagawa turned at looked at Eilishia, it seemed she had sensed it too because she was frowning slightly, every level increase also improved your body's all-round capability, hence her perception was strong.

She was sensing great danger ahead, however with her trait Ice Queen, she was aloof and mostly emotionless.

She looked back at Tokagawa and said

"My liege I sense great danger ahead, a horde of beasts have gathered ahead, I think it's best if we turn back now and go alert the Adventurers Guild because this is a beast tide"

Tokugawa asked what a beast tide was, she explained that it was when a large number of beasts gather and attack a gathering of humans at once.

This particular town was frequently attacked by the beasts at certain times of the year, when the chaotic mana drove the beasts mad, however, this wasn't a set time for them as the mana was still order, meaning something was off, so they needed to report it as soon as possible.

However Tokugawa smiled and told her,

"I believe that one doesn't get stronger by running away, only by charging headfirst will you know your limits and then surpass them, after all, you cannot surpass what you don't know, besides we are Xaxroth, a mere beast tide cannot disrupt us from our objective, always remember our first rule after absolute loyalty to me, is always complete the mission"

Hearing this Eilishia's eyes lit up and she responded,

"Yes, my liege as you wish".

Tokugawa pulled out his sword, this would be his first real fight since he arrived in this foreign world, the fight against Yeul didn't count, he was too weak.

So Eilishia charged ahead as the vanguard.

 

 

0