Chapter 12- 2 months later
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was deadly silent, with only the sound of crickets and nocturnal animals disturbing the silence, when suddenly disturbing the tranquil peace, an explosion sounded.

'Boom'

'Boom'

'Boom'

Consecutive explosions rang out in a certain area of the town.

"What?!, who are they, even the level 40 Guard didn't stand a chance!"

A panicked cry rang out as the originator of the voice was struggling to get away from something or someone.

Emerging out of the darkness were Eilishia and Augustus, Eilishia still maintained her original appearance while holding an ice spear in her hand, Augustus on the other hand had drastically changed, he seemed more confident and was dripping with bloodlust like a savage beast.

His hands were stained with blood, he smirked while licking it off his hands,

"You should learn how to tone down the mindless violence, that's unbecoming of a servant of Lord Damian"

"You wouldn't understand the thrill of watching blood wash all over you, as you watch hope and life drain for your prey's face"

Augustus replied,

"Wow, you are different from when we first found you, all helpless and spineless"

"Huh?! Are you trying to start something!",

Augustus roared as he brought out his claws,

"Pipe down, we have a mission at hand, we can squabble after it's done"

"Tch, fine"

Augustus said as he retracted his claws.

They walked into the mansion that was towering in front of them, albeit at this time it seemed to have lost its former grandeur.

Flames were burning on some sides while the others were frozen.

A lone figure was hiding behind 5 guards while shivering,

"Where the fuck are the castle guards?! They were supposed to come to reinforce my guards!"

"Don't worry about the guards, we already dispatched them"

Hearing this the man shivered and gritted his teeth,

"What do you want from me, money, women, slaves?! Anything you want name it it's"

Eilishia spat out with disgust,

"Baron Corben, you are just as the rumors say, selfish, arrogant, and disgusting, I will not stain my hands with such filth, Augustus please take care of them"

"Hehehe, with pleasure"

Augustus dashed toward the guards protecting Corben with a maniacal smile on his face, the guards averaged level 15, so they couldn't even keep up with Augustus's movements.

To them, he vanished, and the next second they were all looking at the ceiling, looks of disbelief hadn't even found the time to etch themselves on their faces before they died.

Baron Corben felt something warm on his face, he reached out and touched it, it was blood.

He shrieked and fell, crying with snot and tears.

"Come on, you are making me feel too disgusted to kill you, I might just let you go"

Hearing this Corben's eyes lit up with the hope of survival, however, Augustus smiled like he was looking at an idiot,

"Idiot! Do you think I will let you live!"

He immediately ran through his heart with his claws.

Until his death, Baron Corben didn't know the specific reason he was killed.

Augustus removed his claws from Corben and let his dead body slide to the ground.

"There is nothing like watching prey fall after a struggle"

He turned to see Eilishia completing a massive Ice symbol on the ground.

"I am done with the killing part? Are you done there?"

Augustus asked

"Yes, we can take our leave"

Eilishia replied.

As she said that, Augustus stretched out his arm,

"Shadow portal"

A dark swirling mass of shadows appeared and they walked through.

Not long after they left a group of people arrived, they looked around for a while and then noticed the symbol Eilishia had drawn on the ground.

"It's them again, well not that it was in any doubt"

"The Cult of Xaxroth"

"We need to report this to the council"

"Ok go, I will organize cleanup here"

In a dimly lit room, the heads of important organizations in government were there.

The King, Augustus Ceasar, The Military Commander Ignatius Kazeem, The King's Adviser Beliam Baltoth, The Guild Master Austine Carlson.

They normally only gathered together once a month, however, just this month alone, they had gathered 10 times.

"How did they get Corben?! I thought we sent a level 40 guard to every Baron in the Kingdom?!"

Beliam was furious, it had been his idea to dispatch those guards to safeguard the nobles.

He didn't just do this because he was noble-hearted, however, he did that to get the favor of nobles, now that it had failed, he would inevitably be held to blame.

"It seems we underestimated their strength, they need to be at least level 50, to destroy the manor before we arrived"

Ignatius said,

"They even dispatched of the reinforcement that was sent"

"Your majesty, this 'Cult' have shown that they are extremely hostile to the state, why aren't we hunting them down yet?"

Beliam asked,

The king spoke up for the first time,

"There are current tensions between us and Sol, spending our resources on this so-called cult is not worth it, however, they are proving to be a thorn in the side of the people so they shall be dealt with"

He turned and looked at Austine,

"Guild Master, I trust I can leave this task up to you?"

Austine nodded,

"As your majesty wishes"

"Good, okay with that this meeting is concluded, Ignatius come with me, we need to make plans for the impending war"

The meeting was over and they all made their way out.

If one scanned the walls of the room, one will notice that it was made with high-rank materials that blocked detection and camouflage magic.

Austine immediately left for the guild, upon arriving he started work on finding Xaxroth, he made posters with calls for any information on the cult to be provided for a reward.

Additionally, he started drafting letters, they were going to be sent through instant messaging magic to designated adventurers around the world.

Austine was gathering together a task force to deal with the Cult of Xaxroth once and for all!

In a brightly lit room, a figure is seen with a wine glass, sloshing the wine around, this figure is Damian, he exuded a natural deterrence, like a being whose space shouldn't be violated by lower life forms.

As he was sitting at the table deep in thought, a portal appeared in the room, and Eilishia and Augustus walked out of the portal.

As soon as they came out they knelt before him,

"Lord, we have destroyed the house of Corben according to your instructions"

As they were kneeling, subconsciously, beads of sweat started rolling down their faces as the sense of oppression Damian was giving off was intense.

Realizing this Damian toned it down,

"Oh, that's good, how is your training coming along Augustus"

Damian asked,

"Splendidly my lord, since your blessing I have become much stronger"

"Good, train harder, and don't let me down"

"Yes my lord"

After he was done talking to Augustus, he turned and looked at Eilishia,

"The Kingdom will be coming after us soon, I want us to be fully prepared for anything they might throw at us, so I need you to gather information"

"Yes my lord"

She replied,

"And remember, your life is most important, if anything happens, summon me without fail"

She nodded, however, in her heart she said she would die before disturbing the lord.

"Okay you can go"

They then left the room.

"Ha, it's so stressful worrying all the time, a little more though and I will reach level 70, then no one in this Kingdom will be my opponent.

0