Chapter 13-Task Force
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Austine office, he was looking at some files when he heard a soft knock on the door,

"come in"

The door slowly opened and some people walked in.

Austine smiled when he saw them,

"welcome, I am glad you guys could make it under such short notice"

"No problem, anything that threatens the kingdom is a threat to us"

Austine nodded as looked around at the 5 individuals who had just arrived at his office.

"Good, we have 2 new people joining our crew, to not waste time I will introduce them to you, come in"

Two people then entered the office, a boy and a girl.

"This are twins who I personally tutored, Addison and Aiden, both are druids, and they are both already at level 53, so bringing them wouldn't pose a problem"

The other's gasped in shock, those two looked like they were 19 at most, however they were already level 53, which was shocking.

The twins bowed their heads,

"Nice to meet you everyone, please take care of us"

"Good, they are still respectful and not conceited even after being at a high level, that is rare"

"Okay let me introduce everyone"

Austine began,

"That hulking guy over there is Adrian, a level 77 Barbarian, a Platinum rank adventurer, he can tank most blows and deals massive damage"

"That short lady is Ariel, level 74 Magister, Platinum Rank Adventurer, don't let her height deceive you though, she can level a small town with a spell"

Ariel frowned and pouted,

"Hey, don't call me short, hmph!"

"Over here we have Craig, level 78 Warrior, Platinum Adventurer, a man I deeply trust, he is one of the best warriors out there"

"That is Liebe, level 75 Assassin, Platinum Adventurer, this man can kill you and send you to the reincarnation wheel before you realize it, he leaps levels and can take down a level 90 if he really tries"

"And lastly but definitely not least,"

"Eve, Level 80 Ranger, Platinum Adventurer, she also acts as a scout, her range and accuracy with her bows are deadly to her enemies"

"Then we have me, level 85 Grand Knight, Diamond Adventurer"

With that he concluded the introductions,

"So we all know why we are here, a group calling themselves, The Cult of Xaxroth have been terrorizing the kingdom, so the King has commanded me to bring the to justice. I chose you guy's because you are the best Adventurers in this Kingdom, I believe with your help we can take them down--"

Adrian interrupted,

"So how much are we getting paid?"

"I was getting to that, but since you want to know, you will be each paid a 100,000 Denarii each"

There were gasps in the room (for context a denarii equals 100 dollars)

"Wow, the Kingdom really values this cult that much?"

Ariel asked,

"It doesn't matter, if the kingdom is paying that much I will definitely destroy the cult for justice"

Adrian said,

Austine continued,

"Okay don't get too excited, any time this group strikes, they strike fast and vanish into thin air, but they always leave their sigil on the ground, almost as if they want us to know it was them"

 "Okay were there any eye witnesses through which we can identify those involved and at least know their abilities?”

Craig asked,

“Unfortunately no, they don’t leave survivors and clear out everyone”

Austine answered,

“However from the magic on the scene we can assume that one of them specializes in Ice magic, additionally Esteban has read the memories of those killed, though it was heavily clouded he still managed to read some bits and pieces of information, we know the Ice user is a woman, and while there was another man with her, all those who remembered him simply saw him as demon”

“Whoa, that’s scary!”

Ariel shivered,

“So from this we know we are facing an Ice magic user and another person who uses unknown magic, it is currently unknown if there are more in this group or if this are the only members, also important information which is their whereabouts is also unknown”

“Okay, we trust you will keep investigating and updating us with your finds”

Craig said,

“Sure, though I will expect you guys to also investigate on your end”

“Who wants to do such boring things, I would rather go out to the pubs, drink wine and indulge in quality female companionship, and I am off, contact me if something fun comes up”

Adrian said as he strutted out of the office.

“So he really just up and left, classic Adrian”

Craig commented.

“Anyway this meeting is postponed, please as you are in the capital now, investigate on your ends and contact me if you find anything useful”

Austine said as he rounded up the meeting.

He dismissed everyone except the twins.

After they had all left he went to the window looking down on them as they left the guild premises, he spoke to the twins,

“Addison and Adrian you know what to do”

They knelt down and said,

“Yes master, we will get on it right now”

They then stood up and left the office.

After they left Austine flopped on his chair sighing deeply,

“It’s getting too hard to keep this up, I wish it would end already”

However he immediately sat back up and seemed focused,

“But this is a job I must do for the Kingdom”

 

In a cave Damian was just finishing up cleaning up a cave of Wargs, if one saw this scene they would be shocked because a Warg was a wolf like monster that was a distant relative of Fenris the Mythical creature, meaning this wolves had a sliver of that Mythical blood and had developed intelligence and were extremely hard to kill, especially if they were in a group.

To solo clear a cave of Wargs, one needed to be at least level 120 with a rare class, however, Damian was currently level 80.

The advantage of Damian’s system became clearer the higher he leveled up.

“Whew, I surpassed my goal of reaching level 70 and reached level 80 instead, however that is good”

He looked at all the dead bodies around him,

“They were surprisingly tough, I wonder how Eilishia and Augustus are doing, I wonder what level they are now, anyway I shouldn’t worry about them, they can take care of themselves, let me go back home”

“Teleportation”

Damian teleported back to their base, he walked to his and took off his clothes, he then stepped into the shower while reminiscing about the events of the past 2 months.

After they saved Augustus, he had requested to join them and Damian had obliged, he then blessed Augustus, unlocking his trait Beast King.

They then moved to the new house they had bought and worked on building an underground base underneath the house and furnished it.

They then went out every day to level up, after leveling up, Damian’s plan came into action, and one by one they took down all those corrupt nobles while leaving behind their sigil so the Kingdom will know their name.

Damian wanted their group to gain acclaim so that they would be feared and through that fear their power will spread.

Damian came out of the shower and dried himself, then he put on some clean clothes.

Just as he sat down, he felt himself shuttling through space.

“Huh, what is this, I didn’t initiate teleportation”

However the next moment he realized what was going on, Eilishia was fighting someone, but she was bleeding heavily, and seemed to be losing.

Daman rushed and punched the guy that was attacking her back.

“Ouch, that hurt, who are you? Well it doesn’t matter I just need to kill you too”

 

 

0