Chapter 1: 100-rate Skill
172 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cain went to his room turned on his old laptop and started searching for the latest news. Apparently, the whole world was in the same state and got these messages. There were people that have already unlocked their ability and uploaded videos of what they could do with them. There were people spiting fire, moving cars just with their arms and even people making trees grow. Most of the people got low numbers in the dice roll it was really strange to see someone above 40, meaning that it was harder to get high numbers and the probability wasn’t the same.

“I still need to wait 2 more hours to unlock my ability, but with my luck I suppose I will get a 0 or 1 in the dice.”

Cain started to feel tired, probably was because of the changes that the system talked about. He went to his bed to rest for some minutes but as soon as he laid on his bed, he started to feel more and more tired till he finally fell asleep.

*****

Cain woke up after hearing his mobile alarm, seeing that it was 7 am he thought that he just had the weirdest dream ever, he took his usual morning shower and tried to forget about the dream, but the message that appeared in front of him made it impossible.

Congratulations!

Your 4-hour restriction has expired, you can use your dice roll now.

Would you like to use your dice roll? Y/N.

 

“…”

It wasn’t a dream, after seeing the date in his phone, he realized that after falling asleep yesterday, he didn’t wake up for a whole day.

“Well, it doesn’t matter, what I have to do now is unlock my ability. I just hope it’s nothing useless.”

Congratulations!

Your 4-hour restriction has expired, you can use your dice roll now.

Would you like to use your dice roll? Y/N.

 

“Yes.”

 

You rolled the dice.

Congratulations! The result was 100!

You have obtained the skill fast learning.

 

Student of the heavens:

A skill that helps you to learn and study.

 

“No way, is this a joke, what I am supposed to do with that? Go to school again. It says is the dice showed a 100, then, why do I get a useless skill? I have to check my status first.”

As soon as he wanted to check his status a new text box showed up.

Name: Cain Hale

Lvl: 1

Vitality: 9

 

 

Mana: 10

 

 

Strength: 09

Dexterity: 05

Agility: 07

Intelligence: 08

Resistance: 10

Stamina: 10

Special Skill: Fast learning

Active Skills:

Passive Skills:

 

After seeing his status window, he realized that he should investigate what is happening in the rest of the world now the everyone has a new power. Thanks to expending the next 3 hours investigating and reading the news he discovered various things. First thing, thanks to his ability his English level rose up significantly after just reading the news and blogs on the internet, second thing, the governments managed to restore normality in almost every country and started to take care of those who went crazy and started to cause trouble after receiving their ability and last thing, the skills were rated depending on the number showed on the dice and the 50 rated skills or more were considered really dangerous an every individual who unlocked one needed to report it to the authorities. That was because a person who unlocked an 80-rate skill almost destroyed a city in Poland.

After checking all the options, Cain decided that he would not report his skill to the authorities, at least not for now. He called his boss and after being told that work is stopped for two weeks, he started to plan what to do next.

“I need to learn how to make this skill useful, for now lets just use it to learn and study everything I can. I have a felling that this world is going to change to the bad.”

Cain picked from his desk the only book he has, an English dictionary, and after a couple hours reading, he started to fell like he could speak English as good as he could speak German. Cain started to feel motivated to the idea of learning but when he was about to finish the book, his housemate Cameron opened his door.

“Cain, Brandon wants to see you, he is waiting in the kitchen.” Said Cameron.

“Ok, give a minute and I will go” Replied Cain trying to speak using his old German accent.

Cameron left the room quickly he didn’t look like he was happy to be ordered by Brandon.

“I think Cameron gained a really good skill and now he wants to be the king of this house.”

Cain started to think in what to do now because he didn’t want to be ordered around by Cameron. After realizing that he needs to know Brandon ability before making any plan, he went downstairs to the kitchen where Cameron was waiting.

Cameron was sitting on the kitchen smoking a cigar while the other three were sitting in around him with not a pleasant look.

“Hey” Cain greeted.

“Hey Cain,” Brandon smiled and answered. “Have a sit I wanted to talk with you. I was wondering what ability you got, and I wanted to share ours as well. You okay with that?”

“Yeah, no problem,” Cain said knowing this was coming, “Why don’t you go first?”

“Sure” Said widening his smile, “You see Cameron and Jayden got useless skills, one can cook and the other can forge weapons, but David got something more useful he got a 11-rate skill, speed enhancement.”

“What about you?” Asked Cain.

“Me?” Brandon smiled even more, “From now on I rule on this house, I got a 16-rate skill.”

“16-rate?” Cain replied, “Just that and you think you can rule.”

Brandon stopped smiling at once, he looked confused.

“What did you get?” Brandon asked.

“22-rate, poison.” Cain lied, he just said one of the abilities that he seen on the internet, but this should be enough to scare Brandon for now. “And now I will go if you have nothing else to say.”

Cain left the house while hearing Brandon screaming to the other three.

4