7. Chaos
959 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I vaguely remembered the scene as if it was a dream. A dark burst of purple energy erupted from my dying body, engulfing the coliseum. Everyone in the vicinity gasped for breath, struggling to even stand upright.

The purple fog stole sight as everyone clawed aimlessly, only to be met with jagged resistance. The square plates on top of the arena crackled, rising up to meet suspended raindrops.

The aura retracted into a vortex of energy, hurling debris and rain. My body, the epicenter, levitated higher into the air as the condensed aura wrapped tightly around me.

The overcast acted as my minion, raining lightning indiscriminately, striking all around the coliseum. Chaos ensued with the audience attempting to flee for their lives.

<>

The smell of burnt flesh reeked in the arena, as many were scorched by lightning strikes. The slave girl stood in front of her master as a bolt of lightning smashed down on top of them. Her spherical mana shield easily split the lightning into many strands, tossing smaller bolts all around to strike others.

“Get me out of here!” The master tugged on her leash, afraid if he pulled too hard, her mana shield would be affected too.

The slave girl stared motionlessly at a figure floating twenty meters above the center of the arena. She couldn’t figure out what kind of magic the dark purple aura was but found similarities of the magic formation being created.

“Master, it’s too late. Stay behind me.” She ignored the fleeing audience and powered all of her mana into the shield. The mana shield shifted from a fully enclosed dome around the two into a forward-facing cone, leaving no protection against lightning from above.

The Master noticed, but any attempt at conveying his displeasure was gone with his lack of speech. Not a single word could be uttered inside the vacuum of purple fog.

The rapid expansion and contraction of the aura had unintentionally created a dark zone. All within the domain were subject to a severe disadvantage. The purple energy then retracted fully into the figure's body, before unleashing one final time.

The energy exploded as if in slow motion Raindrops evaporated, and stone and metal turned to dust as they came into contact with the dark blast of energy.

The first person to be touched by the deadly energy was the bald opponent in the arena, as the flying announcer flew for cover. The bald man feared for his life, watching as his throwing knives turned to dust in a feeble attempt to finish the floating target.

He couldn’t escape even if he wanted to, so he fearfully powered up his mana shield. The energy reached his defenses, continuing without any resistance. His force field dissolved as if being assimilated into the purple energy.

The baldie turned to dust from head to toe, until finally, the aura passed through him, erasing his existence entirely.

The horrified audience members fell into desperation after witnessing him vanish before their eyes, renewed with incentive to flee. Arisa and the bullies failed to reach the exit, much like the rest, who were held down by the dark zone.

All they could do was struggle to speak. It took everything just to exhale a word, but without being able to hear, they were left to read each other’s faces. Tears and silent screams vaporized into nothingness as the energy swept past, seeing no end to the destruction. Arisa's body vanished, with her last moments spent slumped to her knees, sobbing in sorrow.

The last to be standing were the slave girl and her master. A hand landed on the slave girl’s shoulder from behind. The master was funneling his entire pool of mana to help sustain her shield. The shield corroded as if acid was eating away at it, instead of immediately disintegrating. The dark energy made contact with the slave girl’s extended palm, touching the shield.

The girl’s hand, like the shield, melted instead of instantly turning to dust. The energy enveloped her, but the master met the same vaporizing fate as the rest of the audience.

The clothes and chains attached to the slave girl’s neck, arms, and ankles turned to dust on contact. The flesh and hair on her body dripped off, revealing muscle and sections of her bones.

The energy continued to mercilessly erase her life as her arms melted. The muscles and bones melded together, protecting her inner organs. What was left was an oddly shaped blob of meat standing upright.

The dark energy halted its onslaught before the outer perimeter of the arena, allowing the false visage of a fully intact coliseum to remain standing. All that was left in the shell of the coliseum was a circle of emptiness and the dark figure at the epicenter.

<>

The lightning stopped as rain gathered around my feet in the crater, where the arena platform used to exist. I touched my body as I realized my broken arm, fractures, and deep cuts were mended, but the bruises and minor cuts remained.

I couldn’t believe what happened, and I was not able to see over the crater’s edge. My feet sank into the mud as I found my way back onto level ground. I saw the destruction created by my energy.

"I’ve had magic all along, and it was this powerful!” I cared more about this fact than the mass murder of everyone in the coliseum.

‘They treated me as their target of ridicule and cruelty. They deserved to die if they were willing to watch me die first! My most exciting moment in life won't be ruined by their misfortune.’

Something moved in the corner of my eye, in the direction of the supposed exit, pulling my mind back to the situation at hand. It took a short climb up towards the exit to notice a bloodied blob of flesh churning into a recognizable form.

“This thing is alive?” It permeated a foul odor and looked straight out of a horror movie, ready to jump scare and swallow me at any moment. I took a step back when it flopped over on its side.

Growing one limb at a time, the form of a small body reappeared. ‘It’s only been twenty seconds, and it has already regrown all of its limbs!’

I waited for the skeletal structure to form, then the muscles to reattach themselves. Next, the skin, nails, hair, and lastly the eyes to fully heal. I was slightly scared to be honest; not even a minute had passed for a little girl’s entire body to stitch back together.

The edits are neverending!

22