29. Mighty and Cute
366 9 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We’ll be taking this, for now I’ll do the year lease. We’ll need furniture and other installments with beds as our priority.” I handed the ruby coin over to Alyssa and gave instructions to Alexa about what needed to be worked on with Alyssa in getting our place set up.

“Pleasure doing business with you.” Alyssa finished the transaction and waited for me to finish talking with Alexa.

Aiming for the more modern aesthetics and aside from a soft bed, everything else was left up to Alexa’s own judgment. One diamond coin should cover it and if she needed more it would have to wait until we had more money. My savings were becoming less by the second with seven diamond coins and roughly three-hundred gold coins left over. I sighed knowing it was most likely going to be depleted by the end of the day after we went shopping for new equipment and weapons for everyone.

I took this time to talk to Eris and Tessa while Alexa was busy helping Alyssa in selecting everything, to have delivered later in the night. It was a good chance to get to know more about Tessa. She became much more cheerful after verifying that her illness had disappeared and stuck to Eris like a little sister even though she was older.

“We’ll be hunting monsters tomorrow and it will be dangerous. I’d like to make sure you will be able to handle it. If not, you will have to stay behind.” It sounded like a scolding before punishment. She nodded her head wondering what I had in mind.

“I’ll start by checking your hand to hand combat. Don’t hold back and do your best, so you're not stuck here alone tomorrow.” I teased while reminding her to take this seriously.

I started off easy and slowly raised the difficulty based on how she fought against me. In all honesty, my plan was to have her stay behind to handle miscellaneous house moving duties from the beginning, but wanted to give her this opportunity to show me where she was at and how I should guide her for future lessons.

How should I say this, her form was sloppy, but she had a knack for close combat and adjusted quickly. Her speed of growth as we fought was astonishing as she got closer and closer to connecting a blow. This aptitude for battle was unreal, and my excitement to train her couldn’t wait. Not only was she learning, but her stamina was also remarkable with her going at it for thirty minutes. She was barely sweating by the end of it when Alexa handed her a towel.

Alexa seemed to be finished with everything and stood next to Eris who was sitting down watching us. I took that as my queue to wrap this up so we could go buy the gear we needed.

One final bout as I stopped dodging and stood still waiting for her frontal attack. Tessa leaped forward and I raised my hand to catch her fist. This was not my brightest idea as a sharp pain climbed up my arm and I almost countered on reflex. That was one hell of a right fist. I underestimated her small physique that could cause a tree to splinter from a single punch.

“Enough, you will stay home tomorrow.” I let go of her fist and nonchalantly played it off, acting like I wasn’t in pain.

“Very well, master.” Tessa looked sad that she wouldn’t be able to come along with us.

“You did great. It won’t be long before you can join us on the hunt.” I consoled her by placing my good hand on her shoulder to cheer her up.

Alyssa had already left to order the furniture and handle other matters. We were ready to leave as Eris walked over holding out her hands. “You tell them not to betray your trust, but you lie over something so silly.” Eris reached to heal my arm while talking as the pain quickly vanished.

My only response was an appreciative smile as I led the way to the equipment store. The employee that I promised to visit again greeted us through the store entrance. My gaze fell upon the same weapon I wasn’t able to buy last time.

[Shadowsteel Quickblade] - Expert-Tier 5 stars, Speed and Weight enchantments; 500,000 gold coins.

Last time he offered to sell it for three-hundred fifty thousand gold coins. It was on my list to buy, but wouldn’t go over three-hundred thousand since we needed other things as well. Here’s to hoping the employee offers a better discount with all items lined up for purchase.

12