31. First Family Meal
351 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We decided on takeout for dinner tonight and I let Alexa pick since Eris passed on her chance. It worked out since Alexa had to go back to the city to pick up her armor. I felt uneasy sending her alone at night, so I asked Eris to tag along. With the rings, we could easily keep in touch to update each other if anything arose.

It gave me the opportunity to teach Tessa some basics to start her training right away. I had Alexa and Eris join, but they didn’t stay long since the furniture was arriving and they had to show the movers where to place everything. Not long after that, they left to go pick up the armor and get everyone’s dinner.

It was easiest to teach Tessa by sparring then fixing any incorrect movements and form. I’m sure my uncle could guide and teach her better, and that reminded me he could once I found him. There wasn’t any rush to find him since I wasn’t worried about his safety. It was hard to believe there were many people that could cause him trouble.

The only thing on my mind was what made him leave without letting me know on such short notice. All that he told me was he was heading here to Avalon, so I figured it best to start looking here first. He’d probably be proud of me being able to make friends but then again, I’m not sure. He always told me never to trust anyone no matter the case, and that I only had myself to rely on.

My mind felt conflicted from his words. The three by my side repaired the void in my heart and before I knew it, I cared for them.

Tessa stopped our spar by setting her arms to her side after noticing my distracted thoughts. “Is something bothering, master? Can I help you with something?” She gave me a worried look.

“No, everything’s alright. You should be more worried about yourself. At this rate, you’ll never be able to land a single hit on me.” I laughed, taunting her to continue attacking, which seemed to do the trick since she pouted and charged at me.

By the time Eris and Alexa returned, Tessa was sprawled out on the ground in exhaustion with sweat-soaked clothes. Alexa held onto several bags of takeout and her armor while Eris carried the rest of the food.

Eris told Tessa to clean up and shower in one of the several showers that were prioritized into installment today before coming to eat dinner. The warehouse was slowly getting there. Still no chance to see what was done upstairs, but Alexa and Alyssa did a great job down here. I liked the furniture designs and thought it was a great idea leaving it to them, to freshen up the place.

The aroma of takeout food filled the area with the assorted dishes placed about on a foldable table. The pasta dish called out to be eaten as my mouth started watering from the smell alone. Eris, on the other hand scooped a little of everything onto her plate, even reaching to steal some of my pasta I claimed as mine. Seeing her do this made me do the same since everything looked so delicious.

“Was everything okay? Did you run into any trouble?” I asked her a couple questions as we waited for the others to be finished. I was afraid that two young girls out at night might’ve been asking for trouble.

“Nothing we couldn’t handle.” Eris sat in her chair across from me as she waited.

“So, something did happen. You didn’t have to kill anyone, right?” I wasn’t really worried about her killing people, but it could attract unwanted attention at the moment.

“No, I didn’t lift a finger. It was Alexa, she’s pretty useful other than stealing master’s perverted eyes.” Eris berated or at least it felt that way.

“I figured. Since if you handled it, there’d be extra spare change on the table by now.” We argued back and forth until Alexa sat down beside me with Tessa arriving shortly after to sit next to Eris. Alexa looked beautiful as usual and Tessa’s hair was still damp from her shower.

We enjoyed dinner discussing things that occurred throughout the day. I found out that Alexa used light magic to temporarily blind their pursuers to get away and avoid conflict. Tessa told Eris about how rough the training was with me, and that I planned on everyone to undergo the same training. It was true that I wanted everyone to know how to fight, but Eris was a special case and I wouldn’t be able to force her regardless. Judging from her response I’d say she wasn’t opposed to it, so that was good to know.

Once everyone finished, I helped with cleaning up before I was stopped by Tessa who told me she would handle everything while the rest of us showered and got ready for monster hunting tomorrow.

The hot shower felt amazing with my next stop being my room on the third floor. I freaked the moment I entered the master bedroom; my bed was an ultra-king-sized bed. I’ve never seen a bed this huge and found it super unnecessary for them to get me one so large. My mind made an instant one-eighty after I plunged into the soft fluffy cloud that is my bed.

They say the moment you have a taste of luxury you’ll never want to go back, maybe this was what they meant. I snuggled into the covers and started falling fast asleep. The sound of shuffling and something soft caused me to open my eyes.

“I’m sorry I woke you, master.” Alexa soothingly said as I noticed my hand grabbing onto her body.

“What’s wrong, why are you here?” I pulled my hand away while stuttering.

“You said you had a wonderful sleep last time. Eris and Tessa were fine with it. I’m sorry if I overstepped my bounds.” I felt like Alexa had hypnotic magic instead of light as everything she said sounded so sweet to my ears.

She seemed to form a misunderstanding before and thought that I preferred being in bed with her, but she was right since I did prefer it. Just I didn’t expect it to turn out this way or happen so fast. Was she taught these things as a slave?

“I can leave if you don't like this, master.” Alexa waited for an answer staring at me from her side.

“I don’t dislike it, but as long as you think this is fine then it’s up to you.” I didn’t force her to leave, it felt wrong to and if she wanted to stay here of her own accord, then that’s her decision or so I convinced myself.

“I want to stay.” Alexa’s words tickled my heart making me nervous at the same time.

“Alright, goodnight.” I turned onto my other side facing away from her as I said that to maintain my calm.

“Sleep well, master.” She must’ve been a fast sleeper since I could hear her faint breathing.

It took me a while, but I finally fell back to sleep relaxing in her blissful scent.

Things will start picking up now. Yes finally, acton right? Please leave a rating and follow/favorite if you can. Anything to help gain traction within the sea of many other great stories! Thanks so far everyone, and hope you continue to enjoy the story.

Also just a heads up you can read 1 chapter ahead on my Patreon for free. It will be released to the public as soon as a new chapter drops on this site. To make it easier to find, just filter posts to "Public".

14