30. Spending Frenzy
337 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The most important purchase for today was a full body armor set for Alexa since there was no need to waste money on Eris for protection. We ordered a custom fit Expert-Tier 1 Star hard leather armor from chest to feet. A female store employee took her measurements and let us know it would be ready for pickup by the end of the day. I paid the extra rush fee since we needed it for tomorrow. 

The cost came out to three diamond coins. It had enchantments for lightweight and physical absorption, able to reduce impact by at least seventy percent. The main reason for its high cost, but I wanted to make sure she had the best possible protection. Even if Eris could heal her, it won’t reverse time if she’s already dead. All it needed to do was keep her alive long enough for Eris to arrive.

Now with only one diamond and about three-hundred gold coins, I tried to see if anything else caught my interest.

“Eris did you want anything?” We wouldn’t have this money without Eris and I felt bad spending all of it without any being spent on her. I turned to find her looking at a ring collection inside a glass counter along the wall.

“Do you want one?” I figured she might want something pretty; what girl didn’t like jewelry?

“Looking for a storage ring.” She stated.

That piqued my interest to join her and browse all the different rings. Each ring had a nameplate with its description and price tag. Different usages ranging from communication to the emergency flare we saw activated on our last hunt.

“There isn’t one here.” Eris sighed turning around.

“Why would there be, Veera said they cost a fortune.” These rings displayed were not cheap, but they were still affordable.

“My previous master had one, and he kept most of his money in it. You were interested and I wanted to find one for you.” Eris held a detached expression and if she felt anything, she did very well to hide it.

“Wait, you said all of your previous master’s money was in his ring? The one he wore on himself?” My mind blanked to the day of destruction back at the coliseum. The one that got disintegrated.

“Yeah, he had a rather valuable one able to hold four times the size of Veera’s. It was filled to the brim of emerald coins. The money he saved up from selling my blood.”

“What!” I shouted aloud not caring about all the heads that turned. I almost wanted to cry, such a waste! I stared at Eris, it seemed like she knew what I was thinking about.

“No.” Eris smiled dryly.

“You don’t even know what I was going to say!” I couldn’t help thinking about selling her blood for riches as I continued to wait for another reply.

“Still a no, but I’ll take that one.” Eris pointed to a ring and I moved to see what she wanted to buy.

She held out her palm waiting for me to hand her my last diamond coin. It said communications device. If I remember correctly, I saw one on Marcus, Veera, and even Alyssa. The description listed its range of up to one thousand miles before communications cut out. It even had a feature that allowed it to sync up with other rings granting communication with anybody with a similar communications ring. 

The neat thing about it was the one size fit all feature that changed its shape based upon the wearer. It made sense that Marcus and them had one since they needed to keep in contact with many people throughout their line of work.

This ring came as a set automatically linked with another that was retrieved by the employee who set it in front of us. Each ring was fifty thousand gold coins, so it worked out perfectly. This was when I brought up the Shadowsteel daggers with the employee. I reminded him of his offer from last time and said if he lowered it to my asking price, I would purchase it. 

It went smoother than planned as the store owner agreed without a problem. Maybe due to the thought of the dagger likely collecting dust for the next couple of years if it didn’t sell now.

The daggers felt great to hold just like last time. I made a quick set of motions with them, eventually sheathing then storing them away into the rucksack.

“Is that for Tessa?” I asked Eris about the extra ring that came in the set.

“Yes, if that's okay with you?” Eris didn’t need to ask but did anyway.

“Of course, that’s fine. I was worried about not getting her something. Plus, we can give it to whoever needs it at the time until we can buy one for everyone.” Eris slid the oversized ring onto her ring finger as it shrunk into a snug fit and handed the other over to Tessa to do the same.

“Thank you, please come again!” The employee showed us off with a bow.

This would probably be the last time we came here since I saw everything it had to offer and we wouldn’t be able to get much more out of it.

13