Assuming direct control.
309 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[David POV]

I said goodbye to my mom and dad as i went to catch the bus for school, im always a minute early to make sure i don't miss it, after a moment the bus rolls up and i pay the fee and sit in the middle back row where two of my friends Mike and Colly are talking.

Colly was a tan girl from the model kit club with a obsession with heavy weapons and snipers, while Mike with a slightly pudgy fellow with glasses and taste for explosives and melee combat these two tend to be in the same team in most matches as they can get along well most of the time and know how to cover each other.

"Im telling you rushing in like that is gunna get you picked off if it was not for me"-Colly
She said with a sense of superiority and her back facing Mike as she spoke, she pulls a book from her bag filled sketches and random scenarios from battles and starts adding move to another page.

"It would not be as bad if you stopped camping every time, you realize that others are going to wise up to our tactics and your going down first"-Mike
Mike fixes his glasses as he peers over her shoulder to look at her journal before pulling out his Gunpla and checking to make sure nothing is out of place before putting it away and pulling his journal out and adding his own notes before i sit down next to them drawing their attention.

"Good to see none of you are sick this time, already talking about your next fight today?"-Me
As i sit down Mike puts up his journal and takes off his glasses for a moment to wipe them with a piece a cloth while Colly looks over after checking something on her phone.

"Yeah we are the team for round three for the after school battle, but only in the duos matches"-Colly
"Did you get a Gunpla yet Dave?, we need three players to do anything interesting"-Mike

"Yes i did actually and since im part of the model club i got to bring him"-Me
I pull out my brand new Leo i bought yesterday from my holster to show them and they give it a quick lookover before nodding, we spent most of the bus ride talking about sci fi shows and games.

[Jack POV]

besides that time i was pulled out on the bus its been very dark but just as loud, you never know how good you have it before you end up hear to a teacher speak for hours after you already graduated collage, could this holster at least be made out of like cheep bullet proof glass so i could see outside?

I spend most of the time being asleep since i have nothing else to do unless i want to learn about fractions or the power house of the cell again, so i sleep there for hours until i am shook awake as i am pulled from my holster to find a really familiar scene, the room has tables with art equipment and the walls have shelves and displays with artwork and model kits on full display and in the center of room are sets of solid black tables which if you had watched the show would be the arenas for Gunpla.

As i am admiring the view i am lowered onto on of the Arena boards as David the kid who 'Owns' me puts in that GP base into the terminal along with another kid at the other side of the board, i look around to see that others are doing the same at their own boards with their own opponents.

"Im gunna crush you and your Leo!"-Hostile Girl
Her Gunpla is that of a Gundam Epyon with a yellow and blue stripe pattern painted onto it, this does not bode well for me at all besides the fact it has no ranged weapons by default so unless she added some i will be good with long range suppression, that is if i can control my body while in the field.

"We will see about that huh!"-David
He sounds pretty confident if i am stuck as a spectator i hope he is a good fighter, the floor suddenly begins to glow blue as yellow particles start flying into the air around me and the arena as she puts in her GP base and the robotic voice says "Field dessert"

"Ripper Epyon Heading out!"-Hostile girl
"Leo lets go!"-David
As they say that i am launched into the field and im descending down to the ground, the transition was almost instant and the field is extremely realistic but i have no time to admire it as Ripper is inbound in flight form and im not in control as i suddenly start rushing forward with both beam sabers drawn rushed straight into the melee.

"Oh?, taking the forward approach are we?"-HG
She transforms mid air and clashes into me nearly sending me on my back but im instantly boosted forward by my booster on my back and David goes for a counter slash with his left saber but in instantly countered by the Epyon's beam saber.

"I can't beat the mess out of you without getting closer!"
As he says that he starts firing his shoulder Vulcans at the Epyon and goes to slash with his right saber but suddenly the Epyon's whip curves up and slashes me in the chests and pushes me back, and on a side note Ouch! i felt that, David responds again with Vulcans while raising his shield and drawing his beam rifle from his leg but one of the Vulcans is not firing as it was damaged in the attack.

The Epyon's whip slams into my shield arm breaking my block and moving my arm out of the way for her saber to come down, only for her to be blasted in the face with the beam rifle in my left hand but the saber still comes down and slashes me across the chest and i am faced with a quick but painful burning feeling but luckily the slash was shallow.

With the saber in my right hand David goes to black lock her and go for another shot as the Epyon mostly brushed off the first one but again its no use as she merely shoves the saber out of the way and destroys my rifle, and im just watching as this all goes down like a passenger in the back seat of a car crash if only i could take control of th-.

"ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL."-voice

Suddenly a strange yellow an red light fills the cracks in my frame and the light of my visor changes to a lighter shade of red instead of the standard Leo yellow, that's when i realized what happened i now have full control of my frame, i need space to collect my self and so i imagine activating my jump jets on my back and feet to boost myself backwards.

"What! my Gunpla is not responding to me!?"-David
Sorry David but i am fighting for my life and you are not helping, after boosting away i look over what gear i still have left for combat by checking my overlay, my rifle is toast and i dropped one of my sabers but i still have one in the shield and a still have the left Vulcan and the large auto cannon on my back.

As the Epyon recovers from my sudden far retreat it transforms and starts rushing me in its aerial form so i drawn the auto cannon and start firing, many of the shot miss as i have never really used a weapon like this before and i am using manual aim but its a minigun so that does not really matter i let loose 50 shots before the Epyon is upon me.

She goes for a strike with her saber but is met with my shield she seems to attack in a pattern and has no full control like i do since she uses the control station instead, but the attack still impacts my shield and to stop myself from loosing my arm from the impact i start spinning on my heel towards the right and slam the auto cannon into the side of the Epyon and boost forward into her knocking her to the ground.

when she fell i took my auto cannon and started firing into her left leg to try and cripple her mobile suit but she transforms while on the ground and charges into me and impales me with her saber in my chest, the strike hurts like hell but does not kill me as was not a fatal shot but its hard to stand and i drop my auto cannon and start shooting with my last Vulcan which she just crushes.

I try to throw a punch and draw my last saber from my shield but she saw it coming and slashes my right arm with her whip sending it to the ground as the connection gave out and so i panic and grab the Epyon by the neck with my left hand trying to do something, and i feel it a shift in my mind.

Im in the Epyon looking down at my old body its sad looking really i did not even notice how bad it was when i was him, covered in melted scars, cracked and crushed metal plating and sand and a light yellow glow coming defiantly from the visor, i can't just leave him right now not until this fight is over.

Quickly i take my new whip on the Epyon's left and and impale it into myself painfully, i put as much of the whip inside and wrap it around my insides and i yank all while the girl is talking about how she can't control her suit, and everything comes out and what counts as blood for these suits pours out of the gaping hole in my chest all over my Leo as i drop the ornate saber the Epyon had and put my hand on the Leo's shoulder and return to my place in time to watch the Epyon fall backwards.

"Battle ended!"-Robot announcer

Once that was said the arena disappears and i suddenly fall onto the black board, i hear David and the girl talking about something but i don't really get it as i am too tired to think and i black out.

[CHAPTER ENDED]

3