C.1 Distraction and first life
25 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The next day after exercising in the gym I went to the cafeteria and found my droid, after getting close.

  • If you can hear me in there nod your head if you can’t continue whit your routine _ (Alex)
  • (nod) _ (Weiss)
  • Ok I will restart your body outside the cafeteria between buildings to the right off the exit go there after you hear the distraction it should be obvious but will get little more than a

After finishing the preparations, I got out into the court yard and picked up a few rocks and waited for the rest of inmates, when there were enough I hid close to the meeting point threw a rock at a guard in a tower and another to a patrolling guard and a last one to two inmates in quick succession, the guards just started shouting and shooting into the air and the inmates got rallied up and shouted back and started fighting trying to find wo hit them whit a rock, using the riot as a cover made my way to the meeting point where after 30 seconds she appeared.

  • Ok we only have few seconds before they get everything under control get on the ground face down it will hurt a lot but it should get your control back. _ (Alex)

While getting on the ground I removed the armor covering the control panel

  • I hope you know what you are doing _ (Weiss)

Opening the control panel in her back I said

  • I do, in fact your chassis is my mother’s design and the software is my fader’s … ok… here we go…

I flipped some switches and a command console and a small screen appeared, I still remember the droid force restart/stop code that my father taught me it works wonders and in this case it does not touch Weiss consciousness, as I executed the code, the shouting intensified

  • “we are running out of time”

As I finished saying that the code finished and i wrote the commands to redirect the control directories and made the body fully restart, while closing the lid in the back and put the armor back in place

  • You ok?
  • That… hurt…. more than… you can imagine… (Weiss)
  • I get you but we need to get the hell out of here, riot control teams are on their way, you should have access to the guns in your arms the rest should still be restarting but won’t activate without reconnecting your core and neural pathways and for that we need a repair station

As I said that her arms opened up and two silenced gun barrel’s mechanisms pop out then she picked one up and some extra parts and put them together and made a silenced hand gun and showed to me

  • You know how to use it right? - (Weiss)
  • i… d.. (Alex)

Taking the gun, I cock it and aimed down behind her and a second after I shoot it killing a guard that had seen us.

  • Ok… I guess you do… you ok? - (Weiss)
  • Yea… just that was not pleasant… but it was necessary… (maybe) let get out of here before I regret killing him.
  • Ok there is a route over here we can get in a car and pass through the armory and get our stuff on our way there. - (Weiss)
  • Ok take the lead

We started running through the cafeteria an into some corridors and made our way towards the armory killing a few guards on the way (mostly her)

In the armory:

  • I’ll Get a backpack, some ammo and guns you get our stuff there should be in some of those lockers - (Weiss)

The lockers had a lock so I aimed my gun and shoot it, in the 3rd the locker, now open, contained my stuff, my wallet phone and the last gift from my grandfather before his disappearance a 2x2x5cm round cylinder with a titanium chain and some 5x5x10 cm black boxes with white symbols etched in one side I took my stuff and asked.

  • These black boxes are yours? (Alex)
  • …Yes, put them her they are labeled so it should be straight forward - (Weiss)

Her bely opened revealing another black box and two more spaces with matching symbols so y placed the boxes in their respective spaces and her belly closed.

  • What’s in the boxes (Alex)
  • I’ll tell you later but, but for now we are escaping this place remember? - (Weiss)
  • Yea… anything else? (Alex)
  • Nothing much, should have what we need… in another thought you will need this - (Weiss)

After saying that she piqued up a bigger box from the wall and threw it in front of me with a thud, I got down and started examining the box and found two labels, the name multipurpose armored environmental suit (or MAES) MK13 Sleipnir, and the instructions, yanking the laver in the back as per the instructions dismounted the MAES from the container and I placed my legs in the boots and pulling the rest up.

  • I am surprised that they have one of this suits here, these are about top of the line (Alex)
  • Yea it is meant for the warden the rest only get the past MK11 model’s - (Weiss)
  • How do you know? (Alex)
  • I been trapped in my body here for the last two months or so, I managed to pick the interest of the warden they could not tamper with my body’s systems, software is too advanced for their computers or something - (Weiss)
  • I guess that’s my father’s fault… (Alex)
  • I am grateful for that, anyway ready? - (Weiss)
  • Yea, the suit is nearly up (Alex)

As I said that the disassembled helmet part moved from my back and front into my head culminating with the activation sound and appearance of the HUD.

  • Ok, I am good to go (Alex)
  • The guards must be on their way by now given that we are not there - (Weiss)
  • Yea and we still need a vehicle… where to now? (Alex)
  • Through the exit at the end of the corridor there should be something, your suit should protect you from the bullets you just run - (Weiss)
  • Fine by me
  • These guys where armed to the teeth so y I left a little parting gift - (Weiss)
  • What? (Alex)
  • You’d see - (Weiss)

As she said that she placed a detonator on her waist and we got close to the door

  • at the count of three - (Weiss)
  • 3… (Alex)
  • 2… - (Weiss)
  • 1… (Alex)
  • GO! - (Weiss)/ (Alex)

In that moment we kicked the door open and made a run for the exit to the left of the armory, and, as expected the guards where close so we ran like hell, the guards where swearing in the distance, by the time that we crossed the exit Weiss press on the detonator that was strapped on her waist moment later the hole armory and corridor were engulfed in flames.

  • -That will give us some time - (looks around) – there, that Humvee with a canopy, you know how to bridge it? - (Weiss)
  • Not a clue (Alex)
  • Then get in the back and cover us, here - (Weiss)/throws bag full of guns, ammo and equipment/
  • Ok

I got the bag in the back of the pickup and hop in then opened the bag and got a semi-automatic sniper rifle and some grenades.

  • Let’s get the hell out of here!!! - (Weiss)

The engine started and we busted out through the main gate after about half an hour after the scape we pulled over on a tree line close to the radiation border and waited to see if we got followed… in the end we didn’t got followed so we decided to camp.

1