Lucky
3.2k 4 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7

 

 

It was hard. Grinding by killing followed by killing. Starting from the center of the world to moving outwards to face stronger opponents which give more experience. We were desperate as Yggdrasil, despite being a new game has brought about such a wave across the world has already broken a million players.

 

 

This means anytime, people will buy cash shop items and explore the world tree itself, and if the wrong PKer finds us, then we were doomed.

 

 

We fought monsters triple our level with ease…but unlike last time, raising the level was no easy task. We needed to be at least Level 50 if we wanted to properly defend ourselves, but we still needed to avoid people. We chose theist option we had.

 

 

Diana: Dungeon raid. A level 80 Recommended one with a party of 5 or more.

 

 

Me: It’ll be tough. Once we enter it, the dungeon will remember us. We’ve got to clear it in one shot or the reward will decrease.

 

 

Diana: I know, I know. Besides, I’ve already seen this one before. We just need to work together on this one.

 

Me: If you’re sure…alright.

 

 

Diana: But this one has two routes. We’ll need to split up and then meet back up at the Boss Room to take down the boos together.

 

 

Me: …how strong is the boss?

 

 

Diana: Level 80, but he’s a field boss so much more powerful than your average level 80 folks.

 

 

Me: We’re going to be spending hours in there…aren’t we?

 

 

Diana: It’s either that or slowly grinding. IN the end, it’s the same, isn’t it?

 

 

Me: Alright, alright!

 

 

With that, we jumped into possibly the hardest fight in Yggdrasil.

 

 

Despite us being stacked with Cash Shop items that were beyond our level, the dungeon simply wasn’t made for someone like us. They were made for an entire Party full of players level 60 or above; in fact, they literally recommended the level to be level 80 or above. Here I was, at the glorious level 25 facing a Massive Demon with 4 arms that had an unidentifiable level…which means he is at least 30 levels above mine.

 

 

Monster: *rarrgh!!*

 

 

He had a different weapon in each hand. Having four of them meant I had to watch out for 6 main limbs…gosh darn it.

 

 

I decided to play this safe. Losing here would mean losing hours upon hours of grinding. I dodged his attacks and did minimal attacks just to see his reaction.

 

 

I might not have the rinnegan anymore but I understood his pattern. Perhaps it was the game not being properly developed yet, or the AI simply not having enough experience against players but the fight pattern of the demon was simple.

 

 

Hit, dodge, retreat, hit, rush forward and deliver critical…repeat.

 

 

That was all I needed to do. The Demon didn’t make any unexpected moves or anything as his HP was grinder down eventually to 0.

 

 

System: *ding* Level Up

 

 

Me: Finally…how long has it been?

 

 

I opened up my Character status page to see my current stats.

 

 

Kara Fujitora

Total Level: 26

Racial Classes

Elemental (Ice) 3

War Deity 15

 

Job Classes

Weapon Master 8

 

 

*sigh* Still so much. At least a real fight brings some excitement and adrenaline. These fake programmed ones are too robotic or too reliant on a specific pattern to be enjoyable. In the end, it’s just the same moves over and over…grinding.

 

 

 

It took a month but we reached level 90. It was a hell of killing the same boss over and over. There weren’t many raid bosses at this point in time so we needed to wait for the same one to re-spawn before challenging it again. I’ve also killed so many PKers indirectly. Once they were in a boss zone, the disadvantage for heteromorphic was gone. There was no penalty for killing anyone. As Sis and I practically lived there, we met a lot of those kind.

 

 

*ding*

 

 

System: For being the first player to save 5,000 Players from their death by a PKer, you are given the unique title ‘True Hero’

 

 

Me: Huh?

 

 

I clicked on the title to see it’s effects.

 

 

System: A true hero faces even the worst of crisis without the fear of death. Standing up towards what is impossible. The World Tree Rewards you; for every enemy you face, you get a 10% increase in all stats.

A true hero must rise to a challenge. Exp gain is doubled.

 

 

POV Diana

 

 

*ding*

 

 

System: For being the first player to kill 5,000 Players, you are given the unique title ‘True Catastrophe’

 

 

I clicked on the title to see its effect.

 

 

System: True Catastrophe. Stand strong and firm no matter who and how many faces you. For every additional enemy you face, you will have a 10% increase in all stats.

A True Catastrophe is a natural predator, the holder of this title needs only half of the required exp to level up.

 

 

Me: huh…I guess I struck gold.

94