Ainz Ool Gown
3k 12 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23

 

 

Perhaps the scariest thing other than us would be Momonga. While Nazarick is nowhere as strong as Society, nor does he have the brainpower to outmaneuver or outsmart us but…morals don’t chain him.

 

 

Unlike most humans and anyone put in his situation, Momonga had never once broken his facade. He began as a cold smart and all-powerful Overlord and he kept that to the end. To act his part, he gave up his humanity, personally condemning hundreds while knowingly executing thousands. I don’t blame him for what he did, but if we are going to meet in the New World anyway, I would rather have much a man see me as friend than foe. While Nazarick could be easily defeated, Demiurge’s manipulation of minds could lead to some serious damage in moral and heart. We won’t have that, so that was why now was the time.

 

 

Ainz Ool Gown was declining and everyone knew it. Most of their members had already left and in truth, it was only Momonga, Ulbert, Touch Me, Peroponchino, Bukubukuchagama, and HeroHero. I knew for a fact that everyone had left. Besides that, they were facing troubles of their own. I had done research on their real selves and many of them were in trouble in real life, needing desperate financial, medical, or security help. Touch Me was recently fired from his job as a detective and was running low on money for his daughter, Ulbert’s company was on the verge of collapse. A few guild mates who already left were in hiding from the authorities.

 

 

My deal would be simple. “Let me in the guild and I will help you”. If the NPCs of Nazarick see me as a Supreme Being as well, then they pose no threat to Society. On the contrary, they will make excellent allies. In addition, as I was not a guild master, I could join up to 5 guilds so that would not be a problem at all. All that was needed was to convince them.

 

 

Me: Sis, I’m going now. I got everything I need.

 

 

Diana: Alright, but remember though, if they don’t allow you…it’s allies or nothing. We remove the possibility before they become a threat.

 

 

Me: Alright, alright. Though I don’t think they will. They might role-play and everything but deep down, they’re all logical people.

 

 

I ripped a gate scroll and went through the portal, directly outside the Nazarick boundaries of where we can teleport into. As I walked into the first floor, I was greeted by a bloodthirsty Shalltear…again.

 

 

Me: Momonga! I know you’re looking!! Let me in! We need to talk!

 

 

I grabbed Shalltear by the lance, completely ignoring the damage and gave her a slow debuff before flinging her far away.

 

 

Unlike last time, they didn’t bother to raise the security or anything. By ordering the rest of the NPCs to stand down, they allowed me in deeper into the tomb.

 

 

Minutes later…

 

 

Me: I thought we were just going to meet but I didn’t expect you to actually let me into your Throne Room.

 

 

Momonga: If we didn’t let you in, I got the feeling that you would break yourself in and that would mean millions of coins to repair…assuming we survive at all. Seriously, why did the game allow such a broken character?

 

 

Me: Speak for yourself. That’s Touch Me-san over there.

 

 

Touch Me: I might be a World Champion but I an nowhere close to what you can do little girl. You and your sister take the term Overpowered to a whole different level.

 

 

Ulbert: Besides, why are you here though?

 

 

Me: I can talk around for a bit more…but do you want me to just get to the point?

 

 

Momonga: I think that would be better.

 

 

Me: ok fine…let me join this guild!

 

 

 

 

Touch Me: Excuse me…?

 

 

Me: You heard me. I want to join Ainz Ool Gown!

 

 

Momonga: What about Society? Isn’t that a better guild?

 

 

Me: I’m not the guild master so I can join both factions as long as they are not in a state of war. So I don’t see a problem with it. Also sis allowed me to do this.

 

 

Ulbert: But…why?

 

 

Me: Name value. Society might be better known but Ainz Ool Gown is the infamous one. A guild of Lovecraftian Horror aiming to kill all non-heteromorphs…! Well, I know that’s a lit but it got my interest. I want to join

 

 

Touch Me: Little girl, I don’t think you understand. Actually, we’re all adults here and we only allow people with jobs, you know?

 

 

Me: I’m sure you’ll make an exception after you hear what I have to offer. Sure, you enjoy the game and all but in the end it is your real lives that matters, isn’t it?

 

 

Ulbert: White Sovereign, look.

 

 

Me: Ulbert Alain Odle, are you sure you’re going to be okay? From what I know your life is in danger. You’re planning to go into hiding soon, am I right?

 

 

Ulbert: …!

 

 

Touch Me: Who are you.

 

 

His tone changed. As expected as a detective focused on the ideal of Justice. In ways he reminds me of father.

 

 

Me: Touch Me, World Champion and the Silver Paladin of Ainz Ool Gown…but I don’t think you’re in a safe position either. You just lost your job. How do you plan to take care for your family? Or more specifically, your daughter?

 

 

Touch Me: Who are you and how do you know all this!

 

 

I ignored him and turned to Momonga, ignoring the rest of the people in the room as well which were the remaining members of Ainz Ool Gown. They started questioning the two, asking if they were going to be alright.

 

 

Me: Suzuki Satorou. Now I know you don’t have a life threatening situation like they do, but aren’t you personally like Herohero san? Overworked and tired? Finding close to no meaning in life except for this game?

 

 

Ulbert: Tell us right now! Who are you!

 

 

Me: Your way out of your hopeless situations. I offer help because I can. What do you know of Issho Fujitora?

 

 

Ulbert: Owner of Soba Games, the creator of Yggdrasil and one of the Mega Corporations of the world…no way.

 

 

He looked at me as if realized, or had an idea of who I was.

 

 

Me: My real name is Kara Fujitora. Second child of the very same Issho Fujitora. I can offer you all a Haven under our protection. So what say you? Will you let me join the guild?

 

 

It took them a moment for them to decide but I showed them evidence that I was indeed Kara Fujitora. Once they understood and accepted me into Ainz Ool Gown (and I got the guild ring), there was a little commotion between the members.

 

 

Touch Me: That does explain your ridiculous power though

 

 

Me: Excuse me! I earned this power fair and square!

 

 

Touch Me: Unique Class, Crazy title effect, not to mention knowing every guild base that has a World Item and exactly which one too!

 

 

Me: Ok, maybe I had some outside help but that’s not important!

 

 

Ulbert: That outside help got you enough power to single handedly destroy a high ranking guild base in the hour! How is that your own effort?

 

 

Me: I coded this game myself! Everything you see on the walls! The facial expressions you see on your game avatars! The chunks as they load the game terrain…that was all me! And yes I did make some of the world items myself so I know exactly where they are.

 

 

Ulbert: …damn, that’s pretty impressive. And you are how old?

 

 

Me: 13.

 

 

Pero: We finally have a loli in our guild!

 

 

Me: …pedo…

 

 

Touch Me: *sigh*

 

 

Ulbert: I’m betting that the bird starts joining the game more frequently now. Sorry Kara, forgot to inform you that we have a pervert in our guild.

 

 

Me: No problem, I was sort of expecting it for some reason. Anyway, you just need to reach me on that number and we can provide you all ways to make it to our city ok? we’ll give you a new life there. And for you two…we’ll have to hide you and give you something to do…how about gaming?

 

 

Touch Me & Ulbert: Eh?

 

 

Me: Our guild mates other than sis and I are all employed by us to improve the guild. They do all the visual stuff and everything. Since you guys don’t look the type to build stuff, how about you store as much experience on these rings and sell them to me?

 

 

I gave them each a small ring. Nothing like the one on my finger where it was full but each of these had enough capacity to level a normal player up to 60, in the least.

 

 

Me: When the rings are full, I’ll buy them for XXX yen. How about that?

 

 

Ulbert: HOLY SHIT! NOW THAT’S THE CLASS OF A MEGACORPORATION’S DAUGHTER!!

 

 

Me: Will you accept?

 

 

Touch Me: That’s some big numbers you say there Kara. Did you dad agree to this?

 

 

Me: He agreed to give you a place to hide in the city. The money’s coming out from my allowance so it’s no problem.

 

 

Momonga: Um…wait. You said your guild mates were employed by you right?

 

 

Me: Yup

 

 

Momonga: does that mean you’re paying them as well?

 

 

Me: Isn’t that what being employed means?

 

 

Momonga: No, I mean like, is that from your allowance…?

 

 

Me: Sis and I pay half half from our allowance. But sis is 18 and has a job now so she makes much more than I do.

 

 

Buku: This is ridiculous…how…my days as a VA sounds poor.

 

 

Ulbert: fucking capitalism.

 

 

Me: Well, great to be part of the team!

 

 

Pero: Umm…you know, can we all take that job?

 

 

In the end, the entirety of Ainz Ool Gown took the job. It’s alright, we expected this anyway and sis was making more money than we can spend it on.

94