The Skull Paladin Pt 1
1.5k 6 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 96

 

“Why don’t we throw cats into black holes for power? We get 42% of the stored energy”

“No foxes must be harmed”

 

Kara & Diana Fujitora, White Monarch of Safe Haven, 2 years before creating revolutionary amount of spare energy…and a rapid decline in feline creatures

 

 

The topic of the Lizardmen was closed when all the Tribes accepted to join the Empire on the condition that the Lake (swamp) be considered a state and not part of any nearby city or village. While in regards to distance, this would be nonsense, we took in account their different culture, level of development, and lifestyle and decided it was for the best. It would take years for Cocytus to slowly develop the Lizardmen villages (tribes) to completely unify and bring their life up to standard of the Empire for others to come and leave, but the first step was taken.

 

 

But seriously, Cocytus was either a genius in trolling or began to pick up my habits; one in which I did not want him to pick up. Watching him wage war against Jaldabaoth, I specifically told him to command his army and being me victory. Then, the first order he gives to his army? He gives command to his second in command while he engages with Jaldabaoth. Typical ‘me’ behavior of being lazy and handing the work off to someone or my clone. Great, now I have to tell Cocytus about how I am allowed to do that and he’s not for the sake of learning and experience. Anyway…

 

 

When I had the chance, I switched out the Staff of Ainz Ool Gown that Momonga had for the copy I had made (same functions), just that it wasn’t the original real Guild Weapon. It was for safety purposes so that no one would accidentally destroy the staff and Ainz Ool Gown becomes disbanded and Nazarick returns to the dungeon it once was. Well…sis and I can solve it but it would take a lot more time and effort than we want to put in. Safety first.

 

 

Back on the topic of Momonga…

 

 

Momonga: Adjudicator?

 

 

Me: Yeah, I want you to be our adjudicator. To enforce our rule and justice in the Empire.

 

 

It really wasn’t necessary with the Warlords and the Guardians pretty much guaranteeing our position of power, but Momonga would need a formal position anyway. In addition, becoming the official adjudicator would put a sort of chain on his actions of what he must do and not. By putting him in the public eye instead of us (we haven’t shown our faces yet officially, so many people have doubts if we even exist despite our involvement in the Massacre of the Katze Plains), the very laws and public views of him will limit his actions. Also, sis and I can keep a better eye on him that way.

 

 

Momonga: But…why me? Honestly you have a lot more…um…NPCs that are stronger than me in Society. And I’m probably not that loyal to you as the others are.

 

 

Me: Yeah, but you are Momonga, a Supreme Being. One of the 42 of Ainz Ool Gown. By taking on the position, you will truly be under no one by sis and I by rule. Your authority unchallenged in both inside Nazarick and outside. Also, I’m offering you this position since you are a PvP expert.

 

 

Momonga: No I’m not. You are

 

 

Me: That’s not a fair comparison; sis and I have kept our title as undefeated, undisputed, and unchallenged champions of the game…sure, but it is you who have the most experience in PvP other than us. Also, we can fill in that weakness of yours to a bit as well.

 

 

Momonga: … won’t that be too much work?

 

 

Me: Papa, you are an Overlord, an undead, which means you have eternity to do whatever. Will you really spend all that time doing nothing and lazing around on top of the creation of your friends? Or will you take on the title as the adjudicator and protect it? Make it shine.

 

 

That hit a nerve. I could tell. While his skull face remained unmoving, his red pupils widened as he realized his situation, or rather was forced to face it by my words. He really did have an eternity, and I decided for him that he was going to be our loyal adjudicator, ensuring our rule and keeping troublemakers under his thumb and those who rebel under his heel.

 

 

Momonga: I’ll take on the role. I’ll do it.

 

 

Me: Great! That means a proper celebration is in order…! But before that, I’ll give you a gift. A real gift too, one that should be impossible.

 

 

I let my eyes wander beyond the physical view as I reached for my power as the administrator and creator of the world…to a degree. The sapling of the World Tree (which is me) reacted to my wishes as the branches and leaves bent ever so slightly to allow the impossible.

 

 

System: Confirm the gift?

 

 

Me: I do.

 

 

With a dim flash of golden light, Momonga instantly recognized the change as his character, though didn’t change physically, his inner strength.

 

 

Me: Congratulations on reaching Level 120 Momonga. You now have 15 Levels in Paladin and 5 more on The adjudicator. Let me just say that it’s better than the World Champion title…

 

 

Momonga: huh?

 

 

Me: In other words…you’re now more broken than Touch Me.

 

 

POV Demiurge

 

 

What a wonderful plan by Kara-sama! To plan the reactions of the Lizardmen to the news spreading to the surrounding districts so carefully planned! My role as Jaldabaoth must have also been went exactly as planned by Kara-sama. How delightful!

 

 

As expected of Kara-sama!

 

 

I had invaded E-Rantel and Katze in hopes of finding a Demon Relic which was already in Kara-sama’s hand. By strategic planning and timing, I had attracted the attention of almost everyone in the city. Then each time, Kara-sama’s summons had destroyed mine and I was to be defeated by her personal servants. Once by Mihawk and the other time by Jimbei.

 

 

With the Lizardmen part of the plan now over, there was only one more to do…and I simply couldn’t wait! This was the part where I was simply astonished at the level of detail in Kara-sama’s plan. So much carnage awaited me! So much blood! Pain! Sorrow and grief!

 

 

Ahhh! As expected of Kara-sama! She understands my needs as an Arch Devil and must have purposefully put this part of the plan into her final work. I alone could think of so many other ways the same result could have been achieved, even without the arrival of Nazarick and Momonga-sama…but she understood that this would bring about the best results.

 

 

I looked out on the 7th floor where construction was underway for a Happy Farm that Diana-sama brought up to me. For a place to harvest from the worst of the worst for resources while also enjoying the sound of screams and pure agony…how blissful.

 

 

Soon, the pens would be full of the worst kind. Rapists, murderers, the corrupted and more…all in one fell swoop they would all find themselves here…

 

 

Me: Hahahahahaha!!! Oh, how wonderful this is! As expected of Kara-sama!

 

 

I couldn’t help but say the words out loud. She who has graced us by staying behind and creating an entire world for us to continue on her legacy. We shall continue to do so…like always. But this time, thank you for the treat.

 

 

Looking beyond the walls of Nazarick, I set my eyes on the Holy Kingdom.

 

53