Chapter 160
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Many things happened over the past five days after Xiao Clan left. 

The empire was already in chaos, and the situation worsened after the news of the fall of Wu Tian City spread. 

In ordinary times, the destruction of a small city meant nothing to the empire; but, now, the situation was different. 

The demise of Misty Cloud Sect shook the foundation of the empire. 

Only a few days later, Wu Tian City, where the Xiao Clan was located was burned to the ground. It couldn't help but arouse people's suspicion. 

Many people planned to investigate the Xiao Clan to find the clues, but before they could act, the Wu Tian City and the Xiao Clan were destroyed. 

It's as if there was someone hidden in the shadows manipulating everything, taking the entire Jia Ma Empire as a chess piece. 

......

In a remote location not far from the ruins of Wu Tian City, a black-robed man covered in dark mist stood gloomily; the eerie aura surrounding his body revealed the man's identity. 

No doubt, this unique aura belonged to the Hall of Souls. 

The gloomy atmosphere in his surroundings revealed his current mood. 

The man was none other than protector Wu of the Hall of Souls, a strong man in Dou Ancestor's realm. 

He was given the task of sitting in the Jia Ma Empire and monitoring the Xiao Clan. Moreover, he was responsible for manipulating the Misty Cloud Sect.   

Everything was going as he had planned, and protector Wu left the Empire for a while. 

Now? After he returned, the whole empire was messed up. His chess piece, the Misty Cloud Sect, was nowhere to be seen. So protector Wu decisively went to investigate. 

A Dou Ancestor like him couldn't find a clue and came back empty-handed.  Before he could make another move, the news of the destruction of Wu Tian city spread like fire. 

Protector Wu's eyes widened in shock after he heard the news. 

In the next instant, he rushed through the space in Wu Tian City's direction. 

The result was obvious, protector Wu's spiritual energy spread like a tide and covered the entire Wu Tian City and beyond. But he couldn't find a single living person. 

As a member of the Hall of Souls, protector Wu had access to various means; even then, he couldn't identify the culprit. 

"The Xiao Clan is destroyed? Finished! Everything is over." Protector Wu stood dazed and muttered; even the mighty Dou Ancestor, like protector Wu was trembling and sweating. 

In Hall of Souls, failure meant death, especially for the people at the bottom like him. Thinking of this, protector Wu's mind raced. He needed to come up with something to protect himself. 

After pondering for a few moments, his eyes lit up, and protector Wu's mood became brighter. 

'Je Je Je Je Je!' His unique laughter resounded in the surroundings. 

The next moment, he took out a black jade pendant and inserted his dou qi. 

"Why did you contact me?" A hoarse voice sounded from the pendant. With a sentence, the owner of the voice humbled him. 

"Honorable Elder Qing, the Wu Tian city has been destroyed. The life and death of the Xiao Clan is unknown." 

"The biggest suspect is the Gu Clan." Protector Wu humbly reported everything. To protect himself, he blamed the Gu Clan. 

"WHAT?" Elder Qing Hai roared from the other side, and his voice shook protector Wu's soul. 

Protector Wu stood silently and waited for the other party to digest the news. 

"You stay there and try to find any traces of Xiao Clan." A few seconds later, Elder Qing Hai's angry voice sounded from the pendant. 

Xiao Ning never would have thought that the timings of his actions would pit the Gu Clan against the Hun clan. 

On the other side, people from the Gu Clan received the same news, and they also arrived at the same conclusion. 

The two forces were akin to behemoths who had awakened with the same agenda. They didn't hesitate to send Dou Saints to investigate. 

A Dou Saint is the pinnacle being on the continent, and no one can predict the numerous methods a saint possesses. 

The saints of both clans came quickly and searched for a clue. No one sensed their arrival. In the end, both left with gloomy faces. 

......

In Rock Desert City, Desert Metal Mercenary Company's mansion, four people sat with shocked and gloomy faces. They were none other than Xiao Zhan and his three sons. 

The news of Wu Tian City's destruction also reached their ears. 

"How could this be?" Xiao Zhan slumped in his seat with bloodshot eyes. Although he had decided not to return to the clan, but his affection was still there. 

Xiao Yan was more worried about who was behind it. A small part of him felt Xiao Ning was responsible for it, but he discarded this thought. 

Soon, after he returned to his room, Yao Lao's illusionary body appeared out of the ring. 

"Xiao Yan, there is something fishy going on. You and others need to stay low for a while." He spoke in a deep voice. He felt they might have become a part of a big conspiracy. A trace of urgency rose in his heart. 

Suddenly, a heavy pressure descended, which knocked Xiao Yan out. Yao Chen looked around vigilantly as he saw a space crack in the room. 

The next second, the black-robed man appeared of it. Yao Chen's mouth twitched after seeing this, but he didn't dare to complain. 

"Here, absorb it," His cold voice resounded in the silent room. 

Yao Chen hurriedly caught the pill with a fiery gaze. 

"Don't act around stupidly and absorb it," The black-robed man reminded again. 

Yao Chen did not dare to argue back and absorbed the pill. 

As time passed, Yao Chen's illusionary body started solidifying, and the pressure around him increased. 

The black-robed man stood unaffected. He waved his hand and erected a barrier around the room, preventing Yao Chen's soul pressure from destroying the surroundings. 

Hours passed as Yao Chen continued to absorb the pill, and the pressure around him rose to a terrifying level. 

Suddenly, he opened his eyes, and a bright light flashed in them. At the same time, the pressure surrounding his body exploded. 

A trace of surprise flashed in the black-robed man's eyes. 

1