Chapter 2
3.9k 12 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ge Ye's face also turned solemn, and though he was prepared to hear some harsh and foul language, yet the current scene was not in his expectations.

' Sigh! ' Like Xiao Zhan, a green Dou Qi gathered in his hands and formed small but sharp illusionary swords.

Misty Cloud Sect's Qi Method: Green-Wood Sword! Black Grade: Low Level!

The three elders, who watched the scene with a smile on their faces, stopped smiling and hastily spoke, " Xiao Zhan, are you out of your mind? Did you forget that apart from being Xiao Yan's father, you also are the clan leader! "

Xiao Zhan, who heard this, trembled, his face paled, and he sat back in his position. The illusionary lion head vanished as the surging Dou Qi calmed. He sighed and muttered in his heart, ' Yan'er! Father is really sorry. '

It was at this moment, Nalan Yanran, who had mustered her courage, stood up, walked forward, and stood beside Ge Ye. She said, " Uncle Xiao... " At this moment, Xiao Zhan interrupted her and said, " No! Don't call me uncle Xiao! Call me clan leader Xiao from now on. "

Without giving her a second glance, he looked at Ge Ye and said, " Take her back with you, from now on, Xiao has nothing to do with Nalan. "

Ge Ye, who heard this, showed a smile on his face and said, " Thank you, clan leader Xiao for your understanding. " He continued, " The Sect leader knows that our request was disrespectful, so she asked me to present this as a token of apology. "

With a single thought, he took out a green-jade box from his storage ring. Ge Ye glanced at everyone, opened the box, and as he did, a fragrance swept through the main hall.

Before he could say anything, one of the elders blurted out, " Qi Gathering Powder? "

Looking at the elder's actions, a sense of pride appeared within Ge Ye. He said, " Precisely, it is Qi Gathering Powder. "

In the jade-box laid a green-colored pill. No one in the room was not clear about the effect of this pill.

#

To start the actual cultivation, one had to break through the Dou Disciple realm and enter the Dou Practitioner realm. To achieve this, one must compress the Qi within the body to form a Qi cyclone.

Although it sounds simple, yet this process has a high failure rate; once a person fails, his realm would reduce by a level. That is to say, a 9-star Dou Disciple would become 8-star Dou Disciple.

Hence, the Qi Gathering Powder came into existence, and its use was to allow a Dou Disciple to break through to Dou Practitioner without any failure. Moreover, in Wu Tan City, one had to be a Dou Practitioner to be respected.

#

Seeing the pill, everyone on the scene became quiet, and a greedy light flashed in the eyes of many youngsters.

It was at this time a young voice sounded in the main hall, " Mr. Ge Ye, take this pill back with you. Our Xiao clan will not accept your request. "

Shock! Hearing this, everyone was shocked, and when they looked around to find the speaker, they saw Xiao Yan, who was originally sitting beside Xun Er, had stood up.

" Xiao Yan, you don't have the right to speak in this matter. " One of the elders spoke.

" Xiao... " As the second elder was going to speak, Xiao Ning, who had been looking at all of this from the beginning, stood up and said, " Cousin Xiao Yan, well said. "

He looked at the elders and said, " Two elders, grandfather, let Xiao Yan deal with this matter; after all, he is the victim. "

Hearing his words, the three elders fell silent, and finally, Xiao Ning's grandfather waved his hand and gave his consent.

Xiao Yan, who was waiting for the taunts and criticism, looked dazed; this was the first time someone stood up for him. Moreover, it was the elder's grandson.

Xiao Ning smiled; he seemed to understand what was going on in Xiao Yan's mind and said, " Cousin Xiao Yan, the matter of family should stay within the family, and no outsider can bully our Xiao clan. "

Hearing his words, everyone had a different reaction. Many people lowered their heads in shame, while others looked surprised.

Xiao Zhan, whose mood had been worse, also showed a smile on his face.

A bright light flashed in Xiao Yan's eyes, and for the first time, he felt the warmth of the family. He looked towards Xiao Ning and said, " Thank you, big brother, Ning. "

' Bang! ' It seemed as if Xiao Ning had not heard Xiao Yan's words and had closed his eyes. Unknowingly, the Dou Qi in his body started circulating rapidly, and it was as if a glass had shattered within him. Xiao Ning successfully broke through the next stage and became a 9-star Dou Disciple.

Feeling the surging Dou Qi from Xiao Ning's body, everyone showed a surprised look.

" Haha! my baby grandson broke through the next stage. " Xiao Ning's grandfather spoke happily.

Xiao Zhan also said, " Ning'er congratulations. "

Xiao Yan was taken aback for a moment before he reacted and said, " Congratulations, brother Ning. "

Xiao Ning walked up to Xiao Yan, placed his hand on the latter's shoulder, and said, " Xiao Yan, don't shame the Xiao clan. "

It seems as if a rock had been lifted off his shoulder; Xiao Yan smiled genuinely for the first time in over the last three years and said, " Mr. Ge Ye, sorry, we can not fulfill your request. "

He continued, " We won't be canceling the marriage; instead, I Xiao Yan will divorce Nalan Yanran. "

" Three years from now, I will come and challenge you; if I win, I Xiao Yan will divorce you, Nalan Yanran! "

Hearing this, everyone's face changed. Nalan Yanran was angered; she took out her sword and stabbed Xiao Yan in the shoulder.

Xiao Yan's face still had a calm expression and said, " Or are you afraid that I would create a miracle again. "

Nalan Yanran felt locked on by many auras, and she hastily took her sword back. Seeing this, Xiao Yan solemnly said, " I'll give you some advice. Thirty years east, thirty years west, don't you dare bully me because I'm poor now. "

After looking at this scene, Ge Ye did not have the face to stay at this place any longer. He waved his hand at Nalan Yanran gestured to her that it is time to leave.

Seeing this, she said, " Fine, Xiao Yan, after three years, I will be waiting for you at the Misty Cloud Sect. "

44