Chapter 3
3.5k 2 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although Xiao Zhan's inner mind was in chaos, he still put up a tough front. He took a deep breath, suppressed his raging emotions, and with a calm face, he said, " Although today's events brought a lot of shame to our Xiao family. "

Xiao Zhan stopped, glanced at the people present in the room, and continued, " Blood is thicker than water, and after seeing Xiao Ning's performance, I truly believe this. " At the end, his voice softened a bit.

Hearing this, the clan members who were taking pleasure in Xiao Yan's misfortune lowered their heads.

On the other hand, Xiao Ning still had a calm face as if what he did was nothing important.

Xiao Zhan looked at his son for a moment and thought to himself, ' It seems that I should change my decision. '

' Cough! ' He coughed lightly and said, " I have an announcement to make. " Hearing this, everyone's curiosity got aroused; they looked towards Xiao Zhan and waited for the latter to speak.

Xiao Zhan said, " From today, I appoint Xiao Ning as the next Clan Leader candidate, and once his cultivation reaches Dou Grandmaster level, I will retire from this position. "  He made this decision after carefully considering the current situation of the Xiao clan.

Although Xiao Ning was not a genius comparable to Xiao Yan, yet at present, he was the one with the highest cultivation base among the peers. Moreover, it would also eliminate the rivalry between him and the elders.

Above anything else, Xiao Zhan knew the kind of relation Xiao Ning had with his son; still, the latter was willing to speak up for Xiao Yan impressed him.

Silence! After hearing Xiao Zhan's words, everyone showed a different reaction on their faces. It was the elders who showed the most intensive reaction. They never thought that one day Xiao Zhan would choose this way.

At this moment, Xiao Ning's mind was in turmoil, and never in his imagination, he had guessed that Xiao Zhan would appoint him as the next clan leader.

Suddenly Xiao Ning felt many envious gazes on his body, and a wry smile appeared on his face. Under everyone's gaze, he stood up, bowed towards Xiao Zhan, and said, " Clan Leader, I accept this responsibility and will not fail everyone's trust. "

Hearing this, Xiao Zhan nodded in satisfaction and said, " Okay! Good! Ning'er, the future of the Xiao clan depends on you young people. " Xiao Ning retreated and sat back in his seat.

Now, Xiao Zhan looked around and said, " Except for the three elders, everyone else can leave the hall now. "

Soon, apart from Xiao Zhan, only three elders were present in the hall.

" Sigh! " Xiao Zhan sighed and said, " It has already been 17 years since that incident. " He continued, " Let's not dwell in the past. "

After seeing that the elders were still silent, he added, " Ning'er is same as him. " Hearing this, the body of Xiao Ning's grandfather trembled.

His eyes turned red, and he said in a hoarse voice, " Xiao Zhan, although I can never forgive you; still, for the future of the clan, I choose to stand by your decision. "

The remaining two elders also spoke, " Our decision is the same. "

It was at this moment a black-clothed man, who was standing on the roof of the hall listening to their conversation, disappeared into thin air, yet no one even noticed his presence.

#

As soon as Xiao Ning walked out of the hall, he was surrounded by the young clan members, and it was only after a while did they leave him alone.

At this moment, two figures approached him; Xiao Ning looked up, he saw Xiao Yan and Xun Er walking towards him.  Their arrival surprised him, and Xiao Nig asked, " Cousin Xiao Yan! Cousin Xun Er! What happened? "

Xiao Yan scratched his head in embarrassment and said, " Brother Xiao Ning, thank you for earlier and congratulations. "

Xiao Xun Er also spoke, " Congratulations, big brother Ning. "

Xiao Ning waved his hand and said, " Cousin Xiao Yan, don't mention it; after all, we are brothers. "

Hearing this, Xiao Yan's eyes became misty, and he said, " Brother Ning, why don't you join us; we are going to eat. "

Xiao Ning's first thought was to reject him, but after seeing the sincerity in Xiao Yan's eyes, he could only agree and said, " Okay, let's go. "

The three of them walked for a few minutes and entered the market controlled by their Xiao clan. They chose a shop at random and sat inside.

After eating the food, Xiao Ning chatted with them for a while before he left. Unlike them, Xiao Ning neither had a strong backing nor a strong heritage; hence, he could only practice twice as hard.

Even after being selected as the next clan leader, Xiao Ning's mood did not fluctuate much. Soon, he returned to his room, and as he was going to sit on his bed to train his Dou Qi, Xiao Ning noticed a letter on his table.

Xiao Ning walked over and sat on the chair. He curiously picked up the letter and opened it.

From initial calm, his facial expressions changed to surprised and later shocked. Xiao Ning's eyes turned red after he finished reading the letter.

It was a letter from his dead parents, and its content shocked him. Xiao Ning never thought that there was such a big secret involved with his parent's death.

Other's might not know, but he knew the plot beforehand and understood that his cheap father was at least Dou Ancestor when the latter was alive. Moreover, the latter did not mention anything about his mother.

Xiao Ning burned the letter into ashes and pondered about the contents of the letter. From what he concluded, only those big forces were capable of killing his father.

" Sigh! " Xiao Ning sighed and murmured to himself, ' Let's focus on the present, and if I have sufficient strength in the future, I don't mind taking revenge for my parents. "

Finally, he looked at the storage ring left by his father with some expectation in his heart. He thought, ' The content of a Dou Ancestor's storage ring won't be bad, right? '

45