Chapter 11
2.2k 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning's grandfather's old face showed a surprised expression after looking at Xiao Ning. How could he not? After all, Xiao Ning had changed a lot.

After seeing his grandfather's look, Xiao Ning had a wry smile on his face. He understood the latter's expression and said, "Grandfather, I accidentally ate a herb and got lucky. It refined my body."

The elder laughed after hearing this. Naturally, he was happy for his grandson. He patted Xiao Ning's shoulder and said, "Let's go."

Normally, only the clan leader and the elders visit the auction house, and no one from the younger generation was permitted to go. Xiao Ning guessed that it had something to do with his current status as the next clan leader.

Soon, the two of them walked out of the clan and entered the Wu Tan city. They passed straight through their Xiao clan's market and reached the center.

A majestic building stood in the center, surrounded by small shops and stalls. Three words, 'Premier Auction House,' were written in gold on a white plaque hanging above the entrance.

Xiao Ning saw a group of armed guards patrolling around the building. Apart from the three clans, Premier Auction House is the safest place in Wu Tan City.

Xiao Ning's grandfather took the lead, and the latter followed him inside the building. A servant greeted them as they entered inside and led them towards the main hall.

Soon, they reached the main hall, and it was dark as compared to the reception hall. The hall was huge, and it could fit around a thousand people.

Xiao Ning's grandfather was familiar with the place, walked straight to the front row, and sat in the Xiao Clan's area. After looking at the empty hall, Xiao Ning figured that there was still some time for the auction to start. He could only sit quietly and wait for the auction to begin.

The elder looked at his grandson's calm behavior and nodded in satisfaction.

After a short period, one after another, people entered the hall and sat in their positions. Even the clan leaders of the top three clans were present.

Xiao Zhan, who sat beside the elder, also showed a surprised look after watching Xiao Ning. Only after Xiao Ning's grandfather whispered something to Xiao Zhan did the latter showed a big smile on his face.

He patted on Xiao Ning's shoulders and said, "Ning'er, the future of Xiao Clan depends on you." Xiao Ning could only nod his head.

Not far from them sat the clan leaders of the other two big clans of the Wu Tan City.

'Creek!' A small door on the stage opened, and everyone became silent.

'Step, Step, Step!' In the silent hall, everyone could hear the sound of footsteps. Soon, a mature woman wearing red clothes appeared in front of them. The tight red robe was fully attached to her exquisite body. With each step she took, her waist swayed gracefully, which attracted every man's attention.

Even Xiao Ning was mesmerized for a moment before he calmed down. His spiritual strength had increased significantly over the last six months, and it may have even surpassed Xiao Yan's.

'Cough!' "Grandfather! Uncle Zhan! Ahem! You are drooling." Xiao Ning distanced himself from them and said in a low voice.

'Cough!' 'Cough!' Both of them coughed dryly, looked at each other, and said, " Xiao Ning, pass us the water."

Xiao Ning rolled his eyes after hearing their clumsy excuses, yet he still passed them the water. He no longer paid attention to them and looked around.

" Welcome, everyone." She walked forward and stood in the center of the hall on the stage, and her charming voice greeted them.

It seemed as if her sweet voice contained some magic because as she spoke, everyone in the hall started cheering her name.

" Ya Fei, let's go out for dinner." One of the men shouted.

" Ya Fei, are you free afterward." Someone else spoke.

Ya Fei, the red robe lady, did not seem to mind their words, and she smiled at the audience. Although there was a lovely smile on her face, Xiao Ning was sure that it was fake.

She indifferently looked around from left to right corner, and for a second, her gaze stopped on Xiao Ning, after which she took out a paper from her storage ring.

Ya Fei thought, 'What a handsome man,' she had never seen someone this attractive before; moreover, she could see that Xiao Ning remained calm even after looking at her. Unknowingly she again glanced at Xiao Ning.

Soon, the auction started, and Ya Fei used her charming voice to explain the items and sold them at a high price. She wanted to see whether Xiao Ning looked at her or not and saw the latter distracted looking at the people behind him.

Ya Fei couldn't believe that someone would ignore her blatantly, and she glanced at others; she saw that people still looked at her with their greedy eyes. She became more curious about Xiao Ning and decided to meet him after the auction.

......

At the same moment, Xiao Ning was looking around to find Xiao Yan. He was sure that the latter would not miss this auction.

After some time, he found a man in black robes who sat in the last row. Although he was not sure, yet Xiao Ning had a hunch that this man is Xiao Yan.

"Hehe, everyone, the auction house has received a new item at this moment." She stopped for a moment and looked at the audience. After seeing that she had their attention, Ya Fei continued, "It is a second-tier pill."

At the same moment, one of the servants came up with a silver plate in her hands, and on the silver plate laid a jade bottle.

Anything related to an alchemist would cause an uproar in the city, let alone a second-tier pill. The people in the auction house became silent and waited for her to speak.

"It is named Foundation Elixir, and it has only one effect. The Foundation Elixir increases the efficiency of Dou Qi absorption, and it is only effective below Dou Practitioner level." Her charming voice spread in the silent hall.

People began to mutter among themselves, and many of them even doubted her words. After all, it was common knowledge that a Dou Disciple's Qi paths are too weak to withstand the violent energy contained in the pills.

As if she understood the dilemma of the audience; Ya Fei said, "Gu Ni master of our auction house has personally tested and confirmed that it is a second-tier pill and there will not be any problem."

Gu Ni is a famous second-tier alchemist of the Premier Auction house, and even the clan leaders of the three clans respect him.

After hearing Gu Ni's name, the audience's doubt vanished, and an excited expression appeared on their faces.

35