Chapter 12
2k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The appearance of Foundation Elixir created turmoil in the auction hall. At least in Wu Tan City, its effects were heaven-defying. Who wouldn't want people to call their progeny genius? 

"8000 gold coins!" A man shouted after Ya Fei spoke. 

"10,000 gold coins!" Another man shouted. 

The price of Foundation Elixir quickly increased in a couple of seconds, yet none among the three clan leaders made a bid. 

......

"Ning'er, I will buy it for you." Xiao Ning's grandfather spoke. 

Xiao Ning shook his head, "Grandfather, there is no need. I am already at the peak of 9-star Dou Disciple. In only a few days, I can breakthrough to Dou Practitioner." 

After seeing his grandson's confident face, the Elder could only nod helplessly, "Okay, I will listen to you this time." 

Xiao Zhan also nodded in satisfaction, yet there was a faint worry in his eyes. He thought about his son Xiao Yan's condition and finally decided to buy this second-tier pill. He could only hope that it works. 

Suddenly Xiao Ning spoke, "Grandfather, I want a black grade dou technique." He scratched his hair in order to hide his embarrassment. 

The Elder's expression became stiff; although black grade dou techniques were not precious yet, they were not easily available. Furthermore, he himself has not practiced one.

As he was about to reject Xiao Ning, Xiao Zhan on the side spoke, "Ning'er, don't worry, after you break through Dou Practitioner, I will pass one the clan's only black grade dou technique to you."

The Elder was stunned, "Xiao Zhan...You?" 

Xiao Zhan smiled, "Elder, Xiao Ning is the next clan leader, and he is qualified." 

Xiao Ning was surprised and never imagined that he would gain a dou technique for free. He had already achieved the purpose of his visit. 

He lazily looked at the increasing price and smirked. Xiao Ning decided to meet his cousin Xiao Yan after the auction and borrow Foundation Elixir from him. 

......

"25,000 gold coins!" Jia Lie Bi, the clan leader of Jia Lei Clan, raised the price. His bid eliminated most of the competition. 

"40,000 gold coins!" Xiao Zhan completely turned the table. Everyone turned their eyes towards the Xiao Clan's area. They were stunned by this rise in price. 

"Looks like Xiao Zhan is desperate." 

"No one can blame him if his son is crippled." 

The clan leaders of the other two clans sneered. They wanted to provoke Xiao Zhan into doing something stupid. 

Xiao Zhan sat with his eyes closed after raising the price. He indifferently spoke, "If the two of you want to bid, you are more than welcome; otherwise, shut up." 

Anger appeared on their faces, yet Jia Lie Bi and Ao Ba Pa did not speak. The Foundation Elixir was a sudden surprise, and they came here for something entirely different. 

After seeing that no one else spoke, Ya Fei said, "Clan Leader Xiao has bid 40,000 gold coins, is there anyone who wants to bid a higher price?" 

"Since no one has increased the price, this Foundation Elixir belongs to Clan leader Xiao." Ya Fei raised the small hammer in her hand and tapped it on the table. 

......

We will be auctioning the final item for today, and Ya Fei took out a silver plate from the table. An unadorned green-colored scroll rested on the center of the silver plate. 

"Hurricane Chant, Black Grade: High Level!" Everyone heard Ya Fei's charming voice. 

As compared to the Foundation Elixir, the audience was more shocked. Everyone understood the importance of a good quality Dou Qi Method. 

Even though pills were popular, yet they were not comparable to Dou Qi Methods. One could only consume a pill a single time, whereas Dou Qi Methods would become a clan's inheritance. 

Ya Fei said, "A hunter found this Dou Qi Method in the mountains. The auction house has already tested it, and there are no flaws in it. You can bid without any worry." 

She added, "The minimum price set for Hurricane Chant is 200,000 gold coins." 

Many people who were about to bid swallowed their words. The base price itself eliminated most of the bidders. 

Xiao Ning glanced at the heap of gold coins in his storage ring and wanted to bid, and only after looking at the two jade slips did he resisted the urge to open his mouth. 

He decided to break through Dou Practitioner after returning to the clan.

Still, in a few moments, a person in the audience yelled, "250,000 gold coins." It seemed as if his bid was a trigger and other people also joined the fray. 

"300,000 gold coins!" Jia Lei Bi shouted in a loud voice. Unlike Xiao and Ao Ba clan, their Jia Lei Clan did not have a superior Dou Qi Method. Now that there was an opportunity in front of him, how could Jia Lei Bi miss it? 

"350,000 gold coins!" The clan leader of Ao Ba Clan spoke. 

"400,000 gold coins!" Xiao Zhan bid in an indifferent voice. 

Jia Lei Bi cursed them in his heart; he gritted his teeth and raised the price, "500,000 gold coins!" 

Xiao Zhan sneered and said, "Congratulations, clan leader Jia Lei on winning this Dou Qi Method." 

Jia Lei Bo's dark face became even darker, and he said, "Clan Leader Xiao, I will return the favor in the future." 

Ya Fei spoke in her charming voice, "Hurricane Chant belongs to the clan leader Jia Lie Bi." With this, the auction ended. 

Xiao Zhan and Xiao Ning's grandfather took the Foundation Elixir and walked out of the auction house. 

'Huh' "Ning'er, are you not coming with us?"

Xiao Ning stumbled for words, and his face became embarrassed. He could not tell them that he was going to blackmail Xiao Yan, could he? 

After looking at his embarrassed face, Xiao Zhan and Elder thought of something, both of them showed a knowing smile and said, " Ning'er, don't be disheartened if Ya Fei rejects you." 

His grandfather took a step forward, patted his shoulders, and handed him a black card. 

From the moment, Xiao Zhan named Xiao Ning the next clan leader, his relation with Xiao Ning's grandfather had improved. 

Both of them sighed, and an envious light flashed in their eyes, "It is good to be young." 

......

Xiao Ning stood alone with a dark face, and he couldn't understand. How did these two old men, come to this conclusion. 

"Oh, so the young brother here wants to ask me out for dinner?" Xiao Ning heard a soft and charming voice from behind him and his body stiffened for a moment. Obviously, he had recognized the owner of this voice. 

He turned around, a blush appeared on his face, and Xiao Ning said, "Ya Fei,  elder sister is so beautiful, it would be my honor to ask you out for dinner." 

After looking at his red face, she giggled and said, "Why don't you wait in the auction house, and I will return after completing my work."

He asked, "Ya Fei, elder sister, is it okay if I follow you?" Xiao Ning asked this because he knew that she was going to meet Xiao Yan. 

Ya Fei thought for a moment and replied, "Alright, but don't mess around."

34