Chapter 16
1.8k 7 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while, Xiao Ning sat cross-legged and closed his eyes, and his mind entered inside his body. 

He used 'Inner View,' a technique that can be performed only by Dou Practitioners and above. 

His mind wandered inside his body and Xiao Ning was surprised to see a green tinge on his bones and Qi pathways. He could only attribute this change to Bodhisattva Body Transformation Saliva. 'Anyway, it wouldn't harm me.' Xiao Ning thought to himself. 

His mind wandered lower into the dantian and saw a palm-size whirlpool with pale-green energy swirling in it. 

With a single thought, he separated a strand of pale-green Dou Qi and controlled it to circulate in his Qi Pathways. After the repeated experiment he became fluent in controlling his Dou Qi. 

Xiao Ning nodded in satisfaction, he could feel the abundance of Dou Qi contained within the vortex. it was at least twice as compared to a Dou Disciple. 

It was commonly known to everyone that a Dou Practitioner's Dou Qi was ten times more potent than a Dou Disciple. Furthermore, only after breaking through Dou Practitioner can one's Dou Qi be considered as true Dou Qi.

......

If nothing else, over the last seventeen years, Xiao Ning studied all the scrolls present in the clan including his grandfather's private collection. 

Obviously, these scrolls did not include dou techniques and the clan secret's still, they provided Xiao Ning with valuable information for him to lay a solid foundation for his future. 

......

In this manner, time passed and it was already the next day. 

Ya Fei lazily opened her eyes and discovered that she was lying on her bed. Suddenly, her body froze and she panicked. 

Ya Fei quickly looked around and saw that she was alone on the bed and Xiao Ning was sitting on the other side of the room meditating. Only then did her body relaxed, a smile formed on her face and she got out of the bed.

Xiao Ning's senses were sharp and the moment he felt a change in the room his eyes opened. A green glow flashed before his eyes became normal. 

He stood up, walked forward, extended his arms, and embraced her. Xiao Ning muttered, "Thank you." If it were not for the Qi Gathering Pill, he would have failed to break through and suffered a backlash. 

A blush appeared on her face after feeling Xiao Ning's breath on her ears. She said, "Let me go." Although they did not do anything last night, yet everyone in the auction house was aware that a man stayed in her room overnight. 

A helpless smile appeared on his face, Xiao Ning also understood it, and the fact Ya Fei did not care about her reputation made him more determined. 

Xiao Ning released her and sat on the char. "Yesterday, apart from meeting you I came to purchase a Qi Gathering Pill. Who knew I would breakthrough so suddenly." 

With a single thought, a black card appeared in his hand, and he handed it over to Ya Fei. Xiao Ning had already prepared a black card to store gold coins within it in advance.

Ya Fei shook her head and returned the card. Xiao Ning rolled his eyes, "Take it, I know the Pill belonged to the auction house." 

In front of Xiao Ning's insistence, she could only accept the card. 

Seeing this, Xiao Ning smiled. He patted his stomach and said, "I am hungry, let's eat together." 

"Young clan leader Xiao, I think you should return to the clan. Your clan members might be worried about your safety." Ya Fei gently pushed Xiao Ning towards the door. 

He smiled wryly and said, "Okay, I am going." 

Suddenly he stopped and said, "Fei'er,  could you get some scrolls on alchemy?" 

He took out another black card and stuffed it in her hands. He added, "Even if it is an introduction or low tier alchemy scrolls would do." 

Xiao Ning walked out after speaking and calmly walked out of the Auction House under the incredible gazes of the workers present.

......

Xiao Ning hummed a tune and happily returned to the clan.

"Cousin Xiao Ning!" While walking Xiao Ning heard someone calling him. He turned around and saw that it was Xiao Yan who had just spoken. 

"What happened, cousin Xiao Yan?" Xiao Ning asked with some doubts on his face. 

"Cousin, can you spar with me?" Xiao Yan had regained his confidence after meeting Yao Lao. Moreover, he had broken through 6-star Dou Disciple. 

As a genius himself, Xiao Yan was not convinced that he was weaker than Xiao Ning.

Xiao Ning hesitated and did not reply immediately. 

Seeing his hesitation, Xiao Yan thought of something and said, "Cousin Ning, I meant that I will challenge you at the Coming of Age Ceremony." 

Xiao Ning thought about it, 'There are still a few months left for the ceremony.' He nodded, "Okay, cousin  Xiao Yan, I am looking forward to it." 

He had already broken through the Dou Practitioner and there was no comparison between a Dou Disciple and a Dou Practitioner. If it was Xiao Yan's wish to get beaten he would gladfully grant it. 

Furthermore, there were still four months before the ceremony and there might be a chance for Xiao Ning to advance to 1-star Dou Practitioner by then. 

Xiao Yan's face showed a smile after seeing Xiao Ning nodded and he walked away. 

......

After Xiao Yan walked out of the clan, a ghostly figure appeared in front of him and hit his head.

Xiao Yan said, "Old geezer, why did you hit me?"

Yao Lao glared at Xiao Yan, "You rascal! Respect your teacher." 

Ridicule flashed in his eyes and Yao Lao continued, "Don't you wish to get beaten, come here, I will fulfill it."

From his tone, Xiao Yan sensed something was not right and he respectfully asked, "Teacher I don't understand what you mean." 

Yao Lao felt amused after looking at Xiao Yan. He did not continue to tease the latter and said, "Xiao Yan, Xiao Ning has already broken through." 

Xiao Yan still could not understand.

Yao Lao said, "That brat is a Dou Practitioner." 

After hearing this, Xiao Yan stood stunned on the spot and he unconsciously spoke, "How is this possible?" He couldn't believe that Xiao Ning broke through in such a short time period. 

"Okay, don't worry. In any case, it is just a spar. Moreover, you both are cousins and at most, you will suffer some minor injuries." At this moment, Yao Lao spoke again. 

He could see that Xiao Yan still had some arrogance from his past which could become Xiao Yan's weak spot. So, he decided to make Xiao Ning his whetstone. 

For Yao Lao, except a few individuals, no one else was worthy of his attention. 

......

What the pair of teacher and disciple did not know was that someone stood near them and heard their conversation. 

The man covered in the black coat muttered, "It is time to meet the famous Yao Chen." 

 

Note - For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

28