Chapter 17
1.8k 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oblivious to things that had happened after he left, Xiao Ning practically rushed back to his house, and he could barely control his excitement. 

He couldn't wait to take out the jade slip and see the Qi Method selected by his father. Xiao Ning closed the door and monitored the surroundings for a while before taking out the first jade slip. 

According to his father's instructions, Xiao Ning picked the jade slip and pressed it against his forehead. The next instant, he cautiously injected a strand of his Dou Qi in it. 

The next moment, a golden light enveloped the jade slip, and cracks appeared all over it. 

Before Xiao Ning could react, a golden light shot from the jade slip and entered his forehead. 

The golden light in his mind scattered and arranged itself into rows of ancient characters. One after another, the characters started to fuse with Xiao Ning's soul. 

'Ugh!' Xiao Ning clutched his head in pain. He had never experienced anything like this before. This pain came from the depth of his soul. 

It was as if the ancient character was a knife, and it cut a part of Xiao Ning's soul to fuse with him.

The ancient characters within his mind seem to be endless, and Xiao Ning couldn't hold himself together any longer and fainted. 

Fortunately, Xiao Ning's soul was nourished by Bodhisattva Body Transformation Saliva, and even after he fainted, Xiao Ning's soul continued to accept the inheritance. 

Only after a few hours did the unconscious Xiao Ning inherited the Qi Method in the jade slip. 

......

A black shadow appeared outside Xiao Yan's room; he waved his hand, and a barrier isolated it from the outside world. 

The man casually opened the door and walked in, and his single glance caused Xiao Yan to faint. 

He grabbed a chair and sat in front of the unconscious youngster. "Are you still going to pretend that you don't exist, Yao Chen?" His hoarse voice sounded in the silent room. 

Instantly an illusionary white figure appeared out of Xiao Yan's ring. Yao Lao stood in front of his apprentice to protect him. 

"Who are you? How did you even know that I am alive?" Yao Lao asked with a grim look on his face. He never thought that someone would find him in such a remote place. 

What worried him more was that the other party might be related to the Hall of Souls. 

The black-clothed figure did not answer his questions; instead, he chuckled, "Yao Chen, don't group me with Hall of Souls. If I wanted to capture you, did I need to wait all this time?" 

Even after listening to his words, the vigilance in Yao Lao's eyes did not decrease. He could feel that the latter did not come here with good intentions.

A light blue flame appeared in Yao Lao's hands and the temperature of the room decrease. With his spiritual control, it was a child's task to keep Xiao Yan from getting injured. 

Bone-Chilling Flame, Yao Lao's strongest attacking means at present, and with it, he was confident enough to take on a Dou Venerate. 

It seemed as if he had already expected this; the black-hooded man remained calm. He extended his right arm, opened his palm, and a deep yellow flame appeared. 

Under his delicate control, the yellow flame flew up from his palm and formed a semi-circular dome with him as the center. 

Yao Lao's Bone-Chilling Flame and his yellow flame collided, and unlike Yao Chen's expectation's he could not breach the latter's flame-barrier. 

"You also have a Heavenly Flame?" Yao Lao asked in surprise. How could he not be? Heavenly Flames were limited in number, and not many people could refine it. 

 Yao Lao suddenly felt that the situation became tricky. 

"Are you satisfied? I have already said it; if I wanted to capture you, I would have done it a long time ago." The black-hooded man spoke again. 

Yao Lao looked at Xiao Yan, and with a wave, the Bone-Chilling Flame returned to his body. 

So did the mysterious man, and the deep yellow flame also returned to his body.

Yao Lao probed, "What do you want from me?" Apparently, he was still vigilant as to why the mysterious man contacted him.

The mysterious man replied, "I want your alchemy scroll." 

"Huh!" Yao Lao was taken aback. He curiously asked, "You want my alchemy records?" 

"Yes." The mysterious man nodded. 

Yao Lao did not answer and went silent for a while. Naturally, no Alchemist would be willing to share their experiences with others unless they teach them to their disciples. 

"Okay, but I have two conditions." Yao Lao replied after thinking for a moment. Even if were is in a weak position, Yao Lao wouldn't make it easy for the mysterious man. 

He nodded and gestured to Yao Lao to speak. 

"I want to know your identity." 

The mysterious man took off the hood, and his face became visible. 

"Y...You are supposed to be dead!" Even for a man with his status, Yao Lao's eyes widened in shock. It was as if he had seen a ghost and could no longer speak. 

"Aren't you the same?" The mysterious man chuckled. 

Even with his spiritual body, one could easily see Yao Lao's nervousness, and only after a few breaths; did he regained his composure. 

Yao Lao clenched his fists and apprehensively asked, "What are you doing here, Sa..." And before he could finish his sentence, the mysterious man cut him off, "Yao Lao, the less you know, the better."

Yao Lao could only swallow back the words he was going to speak. Even in his prime, he was not his opponent. 

"Yao Lao, I can not help you regain your body; apart from that, you can state your second condition." 

'Sure enough, he guessed it.' A bitter smile appeared on his face. Yao Lao thought for a moment and said, "Sir, I want you to protect either Xiao Yan or me once." 

"Okay, now give me the scroll." The mysterious man again covered his appearance. It seemed as if he was eager to leave this place. 

Yao Lao took out a scroll from his storage ring and handed it over to the mysterious man, "I have recorded my experience till 7th tier." 

The mysterious man took the scroll and stored it in his storage ring. He took out a token, threw it, and said, "I will come after you inject Dou Qi in the token." 

After that, he vanished from the room, and so did the barrier he placed outside Xiao Yan's room.

 

Note -

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

24