Chapter 23
1.6k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon, Ya Fei returned to her room after the completion of her work. She was not surprised to see Xiao Ning taking a nap in her bed. The latter had done it many times, and she got used to it.

Ya Fei came forward, tapped on his forehead, “Wake up, sleepyhead!”

Suddenly, Xiao Ning extended his hand, grabbed her arm, and pulled Ya Fei over.

‘Ah!’ His sudden action caught her by surprise. Ya Fei’s face became red after feeling his breath on her face.

“Rest for a while.” He spoke in an authoritative tone.

Xiao Ning was never asleep and noticed Ya Fei as she entered the room and discovered that she seemed tired. To him, waiting for a bit more time did not make any difference.

Even though Xiao Ning’s tone not gentle, still, she could feel his concern towards her. “Um!” Ya Fei nodded and rested her head on his chest.

Soon, Xiao Ning felt her breathing steadily and thought in his mind, ‘Silly girl.’ He placed his arm around her and hugged her.

‘Joyful moments are always short-lived,’ this sentence appeared in his mind. Xiao Ning also knew that he couldn’t meet her daily. So he was determined to make the best use of the time they spent together.

......

“Hmm!” After a while, Ya Fei blinked her eyes and felt relaxed after taking a nap. She raised her head and kissed Xiao Ning’s cheek, and the latter snapped out of his thoughts.

“Fei’er don’t overwork yourself.” Xiao Ning smiled and said. His tone was full of concern.

“Do you need something from the Auction house?” She curiously asked.

Xiao Ning nodded, “I came here to purchase a batch of medicinal ingredients and a medical cauldron.”

“I need a large batch, and only the auction house can prepare it for me.” He helplessly added.

Ya Fei’s eyes flashed after hearing his words, and she asked, “Are you going to learn alchemy?” She once dreamt of becoming an alchemist, and after listening to Xiao Ning’s words, it reminded her of the past.

“Yes.” Xiao Ning had no intention of hiding it from her. First, he trusted Ya Fei; furthermore, he bought the alchemy scroll from her.

She smiled and said, “let’s go downstairs. I will call uncle Gu Ni to oversee the transaction.”

“Okay.” Xiao Ning understood the meaning behind her words, and both of them stepped out of the room.

......

A maid led Xiao Ning to one of the guest rooms; she served him tea and some snacks.

Xiao Ning took a sip of tea and thought, ‘It is even better than the tea in the clan.’ Soon, he heard two different footsteps, and the next moment, two figures walked into the room.

These two figures were Ya Fei and Gu Ni, and both of them sat opposite Xiao Ning.

He noticed that uncle Gu in Ya Fei’s mouth was an Old Man with a rosy face wearing a green robe.

......

As soon as Gu Ni entered the room, he secretly observed Xiao Ning; after all, Ya Fei had told him everything. Otherwise, how could Xiao Ning freely walk around Primer Auction House?

Initially, he planned to talk with Xiao Ning after completing the transaction; yet after seeing him, Gu Ni changed his mind.

As a 2-star Alchemist, he immediately noticed Xiao Ning’s cultivation base. The result shocked him; Gu Ni thought, ‘2-star Dou Practitioner before the age of 18; his future is not limited. It is a good thing for Little Fei to choose him.’

......

Doubt appeared in his mind after Xiao Ning saw Gu Ni staring at himself. He spoke, “Greetings, senior.”

‘Cough!’ Gu Ni coughed dryly to hide his embarrassment and said, “Young clan leader Xiao, you don’t have to be polite; everyone is a family here.”

If it were before, Xiao Ning would have blushed after hearing his words, yet his skin became quite thick recently and said, “Okay, uncle Gu.”

It was Ya Fe who sat beside Gu Ni blushed after hearing their conversation. The only thing in her mind was to escape from the scene.

Gu Ni laughed after hearing Xiao Ning call him ‘Uncle Gu.’ He curiously asked, “Little Ning, I heard Ya Fei saying that you want to purchase a batch of medicinal ingredients?”

“Yes, Uncle Gu. I need 1000 stalks of Blood Clot Grass, 1200 Bone Growing Flower, 1000 Poppy Flowers, 1000 Lively Fruits, and a medical cauldron.” Xiao Ning thought for a moment before speaking.

After hearing Xiao Ning’s words, Gu Ni’s eyes flashed. He was also an alchemist and understood the reason behind purchasing a large number of medicinal ingredients.

“Little Ning, are you going to practice alchemy?” He spoke straight to the point.

Xiao Ning nodded, “Yes, my teacher asked me to prepare these materials.” Xiao Ning came prepared and pushed things to his imaginary master.

Gu Ni listened to him and immediately thought of the black-robed alchemist who recently appeared in the Wu Tan City. He knew alchemists were eccentric by nature and won’t stop unless necessary.

His eyes flickered, and Gu Ni said, “Okay, Little Ning, you wait here with Little Fei. I will prepare the material for you.” Gu Ni thought that Xiao Ning was the apprentice of that black-robed alchemist, who provided them with the ‘Foundation Elixir.’

......

He quickly rushed out of the room, leaving the young couple behind.

Ya Fei curiously asked, “Xiao Ning, do you have a master?”

Xiao Ning rolled his eyes and said, “If I had a master, do you think I would go through all of this trouble.”

‘Puchi!’ She laughed after looking at his expression.

After a while, Gu Ni returned with a storage ring in his hand. He decided to gift this storage ring to Xiao Ning to gain the latter’s favor.

Gu Ni placed the storage ring on the table and said, “Little Ning, the medicinal ingredients alone are worth 200,000 gold coins, and the medical cauldron is around 150,000 gold coins.”

Even though Xiao Ning had already steeled his heart, still, after hearing the amount, his face twitched.

After looking at Xiao Ning’s reaction, Gu Ni nodded and continued, “Little Ning, while I can not reduce the price but here this storage ring is a gift from my side.”

A trace of surprise appeared on Xiao Ning’s face as he knew the value of a storage ring. It would not be less than 80,000 gold coins.

“Uncle Gu, I can not accept this; it is too precious.” Xiao Ning shook his head and said. He already had a storage ring and did not require another, plus Xiao Ning did not want to owe Gu Ni a favor.

Gu Ni’s eyes flashed, and he nodded inwardly. Obviously, Xiao Ning’s determination surprised him.

Gu Ni shook his head and said, “Little Ning, take it. It is a gift from your elder.”

Xiao Ning secretly rolled his eyes and thought that he still had a lot to learn on the road to becoming shameless. In the end, he accepted the storage ring under Gu Ni’s continuous insistence.

 

Note -

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

20