Chapter 34
1.5k 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay, let's go out the tent is a bit small." Teacher Rou Lin spoke with a smile. She walked out, and the two of them followed her.

After hearing her words, the crowd which was going to leave stopped; naturally, they wanted to watch it. 

Soon, everyone gathered around and looked at Teacher Rou Lin, Xiao Ning, and Xiao Yan in the distance. 

......

Xiao Ning glanced at Xiao Yan and thought, 'Instead of teaming up with Xiao Yan, I might as well fight alone. It is a rare chance to measure my battle strength.' 

He stepped forward and said, "Teacher Rou Lin, I won't join forces with Xiao Yan." His eyes shined.

A hint of surprise appeared in Rou Lin's eyes; she nodded inwardly after seeing his determined eyes. 

Both new and senior students couldn't help but admire Xiao Ning. Even Xiao Yan, who stood beside him, stood stunned; he had thought of relying on his teacher Yao Lao for help. 'Xiao Ning, what is the secret behind your confidence?' Xiao Yan muttered in his heart. 

......

At the corner, "Yu'er, your brother looks rather confident," Xu Ni approached Xiao Yu and whispered in her ear. 

Xiao Yu's face turned slightly red; she pushed her away and asked warily, "What do you want?" Xiao Yu's face showed an 'I know you want something' expression on her face. 

Xu Ni was not embarrassed and spoke rather openly, "Yu'er, why don't you introduce me to your brother?" A hint of expectation appeared in her eyes. 

Xiao Yu solemnly replied, "Ni'er, Xiao Ning already has someone he loves. " She spoke gently. 

"Okay, Okay! I was joking; don't take it seriously." Even though Xu Ni said this, still, there was a hint of loss in her eyes. 

The next instant, she pointed at Xiao Ning and said, "Yu'er, do you think your brother can win?" 

"Let him suffer a little; that brat has started floating." While Xiao Yu spoke in this manner; yet, pride in her tone couldn't be concealed. 

Xu Ni rolled her eyes and chose to ignore her. 

......

Rou Lin's smile grew, and a blue whip appeared in her hands. The whip was a magical core weapon. From the color, one could guess that it was suitable for water Dou Qi users. "Take the weapon," while speaking, she threw a sword towards Xiao Ning. 

Xiao Ning calmly watched as the sword flew towards him at a frightening speed; yet, as it neared him, the sword suddenly stopped and dropped on the ground. 

He picked it up and tried to slash with it. Yet, the next second, Xiao Ning shook his head and mumbled, "Sword is not for me." After that, under everyone's surprised eyes, he inserted it back on the ground. 

Xiao Ning's face turned solemn after feeling the energy fluctuations from the blue whip in Teacher Rou Lin's hands. Even without the weapon, he wouldn't dare to look down on her. 

She was at least a 1-star Dou Grandmaster, and the difference between their cultivation base was enough for Xiao Ning to focus all of his attention if he wanted to have a chance of winning this bet. 

"Student Xiao Ning, prepare yourself," Rou Lin gently flicked her hand, and as a flying snake, the blue whip passed through the air aiming for Xiao Ning's head. 

Xiao Ning took a deep breath; a green-gold-colored light flashed in his eyes, and his Dou Qi surged. The next instant, a greenish-gold Dou Qi cloak appeared on his body; it increased his strength, defense, and agility. 

Looking at the blue whip nearing his head, Xiao Ning took a step to the right and dodged her attack. 

'Clang!' The whip crashed where Xiao Ning previously stood, and a small hole filled with water appeared on the ground. 

Xiao Ning heavily stepped off the ground and shot towards Rou Lin like an arrow discharged. 

'Iron Mountain Fist!' Yet, the next second, Xiao Ning felt a dangerous aura approaching from behind. He twisted his body in the air and threw a punch at the whip. 

'Bang!' Xiao Ning was blown back and fell on the ground. A layer of water condensed on the whip, increasing its sharpness, and without giving him a chance, it attacked again. 

Xiao Ning jumped off the ground, and like a fierce python, it followed. 

Rou Lin looked at this scene, her smile grew and muttered, "Student Xiao Ning honestly follow me back to the academy." Even the others had the same thought. 

Anyone with a little bit of brain would understand that Xiao Ning was not strong enough to defend against it, nor could he evade in mid-air. 

At this moment, a smirk appeared on Xiao Ning's face, and his skin turned golden. 

'Boom!' The whip smashed Xiao Ning into the ground and created a pit. 

"Xiao Yu, take him back with you....." Before she could finish, Rou Lin saw a golden figure rushed out of the pit. 

'Force-Nullifying Water Mirror!' A large portion of pale blue Dou Qi flowed out of Rou Lin's hand and formed a rounded mirror in front of her. 

'Radiant Fist!' Xiao Ning was not at all injured as everyone imagined; instead, he took this opportunity and launched his most powerful attack. 

'Bang!' As his fist hit the mirror, Xiao Ning felt as if he had punched a cotton ball. If it were an ordinary punch, it would turn out to be ineffective. 

Yet, it wasn't; Xiao Ning stacked the buff provided by the Dou Qi cloak with his overbearing physique, and to top it off, he used an earth-grade dou technique. 

Before Rou Lin could smile, cracks appeared in the mirror, and it shattered. The remaining force pushed her back by a few steps. Yet, there was not a single speck of dust on her clothes. 

All the students standing on the side were horrified after looking at this scene. Especially the senior students, and they were aware of Teacher Rou Lin's strength. To push her back with the 1-star Dou Master realm is a big feat. 

A shock appeared in her eyes; even if she didn't use all of her strength, Xiao Ning shouldn't have the power to break through her defensive dou technique. 

"Student Xiao Ning, you surprised me, but now I am even more reluctant to approve your vacation." Rou Lin smiled brightly, and a more powerful momentum burst out of her body. 

Xiao Ning's face twitched after hearing her words, and in his mind, he decided to get even with her in the future. 

 

Note -

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

18